• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Kritz

Banned
jambo said:
I've actually had my secondary monitor disabled a lot lately as both GTAIV and Metro 2033 have issues with minimising when your mouse wanders over to the other monitor.
Weird, while you're actually Playing? Never happened to me. Or do you just mean TF2 style where it takes ages to tab back in?

Kerrby

Banned
Jintor said:
Anyway, Kerrrby - 'first post winning' yourself in the Dwarf Fortress thread? You have bought shame on AusGAF

Bring it.

Where's all the shirts? We shall forever be known as shirtlessGAF from now on.

Waikis

HolyCheck said:
Hey, so in a week or so i'll get my first proper pay check, and about an equal amount back from the ATO (I get paid monthly)

I have a few options
  • Buy a nice stereo / home theatre set (I'm talking around $800)
  • Buy a nice TV Stand + Poang Chair from Ikea (Major storage issues atm for little knicknacks so the tv stand would be helpful)
  • or buy a TV for about $800~

I listen to music a lot, so i'm leaning towards the stereo. But then Perhaps having the TV i will watch movies on that rather than my laptop which i've done for years? also I dont really have anywhere to sit bar my fouton bed, so the poang would be good for myself / guests, but I can always just buy some cheap deck chairs for a month?

what about headphones+amp?
You can a decent set of them compared to buying speakers with that budget.

Kritz

Banned
Jintor said:
Finally scanned that art thingy!

tumblr_loxbpwxpVe1qgs4kho2_500.jpg

This deserves to be on a new page. Awesome work, man.

Even if that woman clearly got smacked around the head with a bad case of Scott Pilgrim Perspective.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fuck life, I'm over it right now. At least I have a job compared to a few people at work today.

Also confirmed I'm moving work location for some fucking reason. I'm not a fan of the idea at this point in time, just sounds shit plus no more Thai deli which is going to suck.

I still have no real idea what I'm doing either. I guess if I can get my license sorted then 45 mins or so each way wouldn't be too bad compared to the train and 30 mins of walking. Maybe I can lose weight with walking 1hr every day, prob not.

Back to waiting for the bus, such bullshit and it's only Tuesday.

Rahk

Fredescu said:
I'm tempted by the Sony readers too, but they're double the price and much harder to find.
Why? Touch screen is pointless on an e-reader since all you need to do is hit a button to turn the page.

If you're worried about the Kindle only supporting certain book formats, you can convert any format to something the Kindle reads using Calibre, and upload to the Kindle through the program via USB. It's pretty quick and painless to do once you set it up. It doesn't screw up the formatting or anything either, from my experience.

I believe the Kindle also have faster page turning.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Heading to Nintendo to play Xenoblade and Star Fox tomorrow. Shit better be good yo.

Dead Man

jambo said:
Dead Man, I saw you post in the f.lux thread, how's the app been going? This would be great at night for me, I always find forums and other white pages way to bright.
I love it. I think it has reduced my headaches and helped my sleep, I've been using since last year, can't recommend it enough. I do turn it off to play games, but other than that it stays on all the time, I don't even notice the changing colours, except when I turn it off. I seem to have much less eye strain in the evenings too. I have it set about 2/3 of the way, rather than full orange. I made my gf install it, now she is making her family install it. Give it a go, worst thing that happens is it isn't for you and you don't use it.

Dead Man

legend166 said:
I don't understand why the Greens hate logging. And I say this as someone whose dad received death threats from Greenies for years because he was involved in the logging industry (I guess you can see where my loathing for the Greens comes from).

I mean, wood is the original renewable resource. You chop down some trees and plant some new ones and they grow again then you chop them down and so on and so forth. Loggers don't want all the trees to disappear because then they'll be out of a job.

Obviously there are wrong ways to go about it (mass clearing of forests in the Amazon isn't exactly what I'd call logging), but the Greens have never just said "Hey, we just want to make sure it's done right." They stick their fingers in their ears and say "lalalalalala no logging at all lalalalalalalala."

Bunch of morons.
My dad was a forester, rather than a logger. Plantation forests have never been opposed by the greenies as far as I know, unless old growth forests were being cleared for them. Sustainable logging is not just replanting, it is ensuring the ecosystem is not destroyed. Why destroy more native forests when plantation wood can cover so many things?

Edit: God damn it, double post. Fuck it, leaving as it is.

Fredescu

Rahk said:
Why? Touch screen is pointless on an e-reader
About as pointless as a hardware keyboard. Touch isn't a factor. It's better looking and has better PDF support. It's not worth the jump in price, but if I saw a good deal on a PRS-650 it would be hard to pass up. That's not very likely to happen, since stock everywhere is very low.

Rahk

Fredescu said:
About as pointless as a hardware keyboard. Touch isn't a factor. It's better looking and has better PDF support. It's not worth the jump in price, but if I saw a good deal on a PRS-650 it would be hard to pass up. That's not very likely to happen, since stock everywhere is very low.
True enough. I just meant the touch screen doesn't justify the price jump, although obviously the touch screen alone isn't why it's double the price.

I just use my Kindle to read e-books so the crappy PDF support doesn't really bother me.

I'm guessing the Kindle 4 might be released late in the year, but it's probably not worth waiting for it if you're set on getting one anytime soon.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Waikis said:
what about headphones+amp?
You can a decent set of them compared to buying speakers with that budget.

just saw this!

already have a 200$ pair of headphones, and an amp would be likely too, thinking speakers 600ish (found a damn good bargain)
and amp 300 - 400

HolyCheck

did anyone else read an article on news.com.au today about a monkey documentary, and the monkey was raised as a boy, clothed, allowed to explore naked women?

i cant find it :(

Agyar

Choc said:
also if you want to see how bad it is the Greens control the federal government now watch a replay of Q&A on iview

lara giddings, premier of tasmania (and labor) got absolutely ganged up on by Milne and that stupid twat from the old Gardening Australia show over logging

they want no trees logged in Tas. Well, way to destroy the tasmanian economy and jobs tools.

Giddings has come up with a plan by which they only log in a sustainable fashion, which is 1 bililon times better than what was going on before and the logging industry is on board with her idea ;\

greens won't be happy until we go home at night sit by candlelight, freeze to death and never turn on electricity or remove a tree again

i bet they think its better for a tree to fall on a house after a long time instead of cutting it down as well

Milne is the most annoying senator around right now, The shit she sprouts.
Choc's hyperbolic, fear-mongering political discharge is like a warm fire, reminding you that you're home.

And then you remember the house burned down long ago.

Choc said:
also if you want to see how bad it is the Greens control the federal government now watch a replay of Q&A on iview

lara giddings, premier of tasmania (and labor) got absolutely ganged up on by Milne and that stupid twat from the old Gardening Australia show over logging

they want no trees logged in Tas. Well, way to destroy the tasmanian economy and jobs tools.

Giddings has come up with a plan by which they only log in a sustainable fashion, which is 1 bililon times better than what was going on before and the logging industry is on board with her idea ;\

greens won't be happy until we go home at night sit by candlelight, freeze to death and never turn on electricity or remove a tree again

i bet they think its better for a tree to fall on a house after a long time instead of cutting it down as well

Milne is the most annoying senator around right now, The shit she sprouts.

And they are ALWAYS taking the moral high ground.
Sarah Hanson-Young is pretty annoying as well. I don't know if you watched the QandA episode on refugees but she was manipulating a lot of data to suit her argument. She got called out on it though, that was funny.

trinest

shanshan310 said:
And they are ALWAYS taking the moral high ground.
Sarah Hanson-Young is pretty annoying as well. I don't know if you watched the QandA episode on refugees but she was manipulating a lot of data to suit her argument. She got called out on it though, that was funny.
Possibly we are in the worest situation possible with the politics in the end? We should of just let it become a hung parliment with out giving the greens any power.

jambo

Kritz said:
Weird, while you're actually Playing? Never happened to me. Or do you just mean TF2 style where it takes ages to tab back in?

Yeah when I'm playing.

If I look right too much, the mouse strays on to the secondary monitor and if I click it will click on the desktop and minimise the game.

Really annoying

HolyCheck said:
did anyone else read an article on news.com.au today about a monkey documentary, and the monkey was raised as a boy, clothed, allowed to explore naked women?

i cant find it :(

Send that shit to Karl Pilkington, I want some more 'Monkey News'.

HolyCheck

Sutton Dagger said:
Send that shit to Karl Pilkington, I want some more 'Monkey News'.

hahah I was having that kind of a moment trying to tell a friend the story.. had to find the news article before it got to

NO NICK. IT DIDNT FUCKING HAPPEN

Top Bottom