• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

HolyCheck said:
hahah I was having that kind of a moment trying to tell a friend the story.. had to find the news article before it got to

NO NICK. IT DIDNT FUCKING HAPPEN

I remember this vaguely. Either that or I'm combining two different chimps. Wasn't it treated as a human since it was born. The experiment was done by some random doctor dude, and was stopped because the chimp tried to create circumstances where he was alone with the female friend of the doctors. I think it ended with the chimp being introduced to this tiny island in the middle of a lake somewhere in Africa, which had a pre-existing chimp community. It took a while for the chimp to be accepted. For a long time he would sit outside of the jungle and call out hoping that the woman friend of the doctor would come take him away (she was the one who took him to be released into the wild). Eventually they think poachers got him. Sadly they thought that, because of the way they found his skeleton or something, he didn't enter a fight or flight response because he was so desensitized to humans, and probably thought he was being taken away.

I'm pretty sure there was a This American Life on it, I'll check my iTunes.

Edit: I was thinking of a different chimp. The one from the This American Life episode was called Lucy Temerlin . She was a girl. She was taught some sign language. She made tea everytime a guest arrived. She was not attracted to chimps. She drank gin. She was aroused by Playgirl. She got killed a year after being assimilated into the island chimp population.

evlcookie said:
How strange, None of the lights in the house work but everything else is on.

Spooky!
Check your circuit breakers, cookie. Most places are wired so that lights are on separate breakers to everything else.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Planet_JASE said:
Check your circuit breakers, cookie. Most places are wired so that lights are on separate breakers to everything else.
Yea it was that, funny though. I think two weeks ago another breaker switched off. I guess the next step is for the house to burn down.

I also inserted so many coins into the myki machine that it then rejected me and spat them back out. Guess they have a coin limit :/ and I missed my train.

The pass it claims is active sure as hell doesn't seem to be, piece of shit.

evlcookie said:
Yea it was that, funny though. I think two weeks ago another breaker switched off. I guess the next step is for the house to burn down.
If it was the light breaker that tripped, you may have a light which is causing the problem. We had that problem earlier in the year. A faulty light was overheating/causing resistance and tripping the circuit. It might be worth trying to work out which one it is.

The circuit breaker is doing it job but the last thing you want is the scenario you joked about :)

Choc

Banned
agyar watch Q&A and tell me that the greens are a good thing right now

edit: omi get the official EPL app for Android, oh wait.......

maybe the non official championship one will be better

Omikron

Choc said:
agyar watch Q&A and tell me that the greens are a good thing right now

edit: omi get the official EPL app for Android, oh wait.......

maybe the non official championship one will be better

FU.

BTW, that Q&A was the reason why politics and people in Tasmania are so behind the times, just constant infighting from both ends of the stick. No one is more or less to blame than the other.

Also, hilarious thread is hilarious - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438616

Agyar

Choc said:
agyar watch Q&A and tell me that the greens are a good thing right now.

I regularly watch Q&A. I'm also a member of the Australian Greens party. Not everyone is an alarmist, bipartisan swing-voter like yourself.

Omikron

giri said:
FUUUUUUUUUU

both voda & telstra plans for the S2 are insanely expensive.

Perspective I guess, I am paying about the same as I was on my old phone/contract. You work hard, you should be able to afford it right? :)

Who else offers the phone btw?

Shaneus

giri said:
FUUUUUUUUUU

both voda & telstra plans for the S2 are insanely expensive.
A friend got on the Virgin S2 plan which was $59/24mo with $700 calls and 3gb data (I think). Nothing upfront, either.

jambo

I really can't wait to get an Android or WP7 next year, so bored with iOS.

Unless the iPhone 5 has a blowjob app as standard, I'm making the switch next July when my contract ends. Probably going to jump to Telstra too.

Agyar said:
I regularly watch Q&A. I'm also a member of the Australian Greens party. Not everyone is an alarmist, bipartisan swing-voter like yourself.

2CWKJ.gif

EDIT:

Omi said:

Omg this is amazing :lol

giri

Omi said:
Perspective I guess, I am paying about the same as I was on my old phone/contract. You work hard, you should be able to afford it right? :)

Who else offers the phone btw?
Telstra/Voda were the only ones i know of.

Telstra is 59a month plan + $20 phone payments (a month) for 24 months.

the Virgin one is about the same, but only $15 a month repayment.

Shaneus said:
A friend got on the Virgin S2 plan which was $59/24mo with $700 calls and 3gb data (I think). Nothing upfront, either.

Thats significantly cheaper, is virgins coverage ass? or actually good?

Omikron

giri said:
Telstra/Voda were the only ones i know of.

Telstra is 59a month plan + $20 phone payments (a month) for 24 months.

the Virgin one is about the same, but only $15 a month repayment.

Yah, I am $45 / month + $15 handset with Voda.

Agyar

markot said:
They use the optus network. Its ok.... my three phone uses it too. But sometimes its abit bleh.

Telstra for life. I was on Virgin for years, never again. The Optus network is barely functional during peak times in places like the CBD and Virgin's customer service has fallen a long way. They used to use Australian call centres but now it's all overseas, barely intelligible and incredibly frustrating to get a resolution.

jambo

I've been on Optus for the past 3 or so years and they've been pretty damn good in the city areas, which is where I am 99% of the time. My last ex lived in the hills which was a bit shit as there were only a few places in her house where I would get reception. Other than that though, great reception, good data speeds and good customer service.

http://groupbuy.ebay.com.au/

Cheap ass speakers, LOGITECH Z520 2.0 $25 with free delivery!

jambo said:
Dead Man, I saw you post in the f.lux thread, how's the app been going?
I've been using it for ages too, I think it's great in the evenings and recommend it to everyone. Just don't forget to disable it when doing colour-sensitive stuff.

rass said:
this was doing the rounds at work a couple of days ago,
the 24-105 (i think) copping a sledgehammer near the start makes me cringe every time
I have that lens, I think it looks pretty similar. But I also have a cup that looks almost exactly the same (if you look at it from a couple of metres away, you'd have to know the real thing very well to see the difference.

Omi said:
man. using my new galaxy s2 makes me realise how old my htc magic is/was.
So jealous. Still using my HTC Hero with stuffed digitizer. Hoping I could last until the end of the year, but it's tough.

Help me tax Gaf, you're my only hope.

Does anyone know if it's possible to claim for Uni books, even though I'm on youth allowance? I would claim in the 'up to $300 without receipts' section?

jambo

codswallop said:
I've been using it for ages too, I think it's great in the evenings and recommend it to everyone. Just don't forget to disable it when doing colour-sensitive stuff.

Tried it out last night and wow, it's awesome. I turned it off after an hour or so to see what it was like and my eyes were blinded by the blue and white brightness!

And I disabled it during gaming, I'll be using it solely for late night web browsing.

Sutton Dagger said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to claim for Uni books, even though I'm on youth allowance? I would claim in the 'up to $300 without receipts' section?

Just claim 300 in there anyway.
I got told that they changed it really recently and that u can now claim up to 500 without receipts but it still says 300 on e-tax so i didn't go over that.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
Since when was 'bipartisan swing voter' an insult?

exactly. In a proper democracy everyone would be swing voters. Following 1 party to the hilt when they are fucking everything up (not necessarily the greens, labor, or coalition right now just in general) is stupid and single minded.

Fredescu

legend166 said:
If you operate under the delusion that political parties stick to their principles in the face of political expediency, you might consider it an insult.

Sutton Dagger said:

Have you got your book bonus or whatever it's called yet? the twice yearly payment they brought in, havent gotten mine yet and not sure if it's just late or I should call them.

Edit never mind apparently it went in today, awww yeah!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fuck, I have a dead / fake pass on my myki account so i wasn't able to add another 28 days before it expired.

Stupid system. I sent them a complaint form, hopefully they can fix it asap so i can get my card sorted out. It's probably not a complaint but it might move up the ladder quicker.

Aon

legend166 said:

Depends on whether you're simply voting pragmatically based on people's current performance and promises or voting for a political ideology, a potential future.

jambo said:
Tried it out last night and wow, it's awesome. I turned it off after an hour or so to see what it was like and my eyes were blinded by the blue and white brightness!

And I disabled it during gaming, I'll be using it solely for late night web browsing.
Did they update it for multimonitor?

jambo

Megadrive said:
Did they update it for multimonitor?

I haven't actually used my secondary monitor with it yet, I was playing GTA IV MP last night so when I hopped on the net after I didn't bother to enable my secondary.

Ydahs

Omi said:
man. using my new galaxy s2 makes me realise how old my htc magic is/was.
Oh, that's the phone I'm getting.

I'm going to have to buy it through a store since Optus is not allowing me to buy it online...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
9 Dinner Date Australia Seven 1,112,000 341,000 371,000 153,000 137,000 110,000

SMH

I watched it, it was just like real life. The nice guy got Friend Zoned and the she goes with the Douchbag.

legend166

Choc said:
9 Dinner Date Australia Seven 1,112,000 341,000 371,000 153,000 137,000 110,000

SMH

Choc, it was amazing.

AMAZING.

Car crash television. I can't wait to listen to the Roy and HG podcast.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

legend166

VOOK said:
I watched it, it was just like real life. The nice guy got Friend Zoned and the she goes with the Douchbag.

Hahahah vook, that's so true. At the end of the show I just though "Oh, that's why you've had one marriage fail and now are a single mother with another guy as the father. You are a complete moron."

Marshmellow said:
Just claim 300 in there anyway.
I got told that they changed it really recently and that u can now claim up to 500 without receipts but it still says 300 on e-tax so i didn't go over that.

Would I get in shit though? I'm just wondering if uni text books can be claimed? I could have sworn a Uni student took it to court a couple of years ago and won the right to claim uni text books through tax?

Sutton Dagger said:
Would I get in shit though? I'm just wondering if uni text books can be claimed? I could have sworn a Uni student took it to court a couple of years ago and won the right to claim uni text books through tax?

Not a student myself so cant give you a %100, just make sure there isn't a student section because what you are talking about is under work related expenses i believe.

Regardless. you "can" claim up to 300 of stuff under there without receipts. My house mate is a student and works full time and i know he has done that.

Top Bottom