• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Bernbaum

Hope you did us proud Vook. I'll have to chase it up on my iPad when I get home.

Jintor said:
I'll be on the Tee-Vees one day

Closest I've come is being interviewed by the ABC on how we can use fossils to predict the impacts of climate change on modern biodiversity. Oh, and there was a full-spread Bernbaum face feature in the Courier Mail of me digging up dinosaurs in central Queensland, but that's all a lifetime and several career changes ago.

Is 'From Dust' a game best enjoyed with a mouse or can I get my fun on with the 360?

midonnay

markot said:
Well if the government loses they will probably have to pay all the costs.

chump change to them....

this is clearly punitive.... only 10 thousand dollars in royalties according to SMH.

better that Hicks uses it to get on with his life rather than being stuck on centrelink

jambo

Bernbaum said:
Oh, and there was a full-spread Bernbaum face feature in the Courier Mail of me digging up dinosaurs in central Queensland, but that's all a lifetime and several career changes ago.

Scans man, we need scans!

Gazunta

Bernbaum said:
Is 'From Dust' a game best enjoyed with a mouse or can I get my fun on with the 360?
Honestly none of my problems with the game were about the controller. I've found the game very easy to control. I just need a bigger TV or to not sit so far away from it.

Choc

Banned
creamies.jpg

Cohsae

So I bought Frozen Synapse and now I have a spare Synapse. Anyone who's willing to send me a copy of Limbo on steam can have it. That's a saving of a couple of bucks!
P.S. Frozen Synapse is cool.

Megadrive said:
Who is buying Limbo on PC? This guy. Anyone else?

Still can't believe they're asking $20 on the PSN store. Geez.

Steam buy confirmed.

Ydahs said:
It's currently 21 degrees in Melbourne :eek:

Feels warm man.

22 up in Newcastle today too, even after a rainy/overcast morning.

Fingers crossed we have a bit longer of a Winter though. Much prefer the cold.

Jintor

Currently in brain: bioaugmentation research, equity and trusts, various gaming things, various anime things, various media/technology things, drawing/art, japanese.

I need another CPU to install in this noggin.

Shit even warrnambool hit 20 dewhich was impressuve. Posting from my new galaxy 2 which is a joy to use. Hope i can get internet up and running next week otherwise i will have to try using this thing to get steam up and running.grees today

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The weather today was awful. The sun needs to burn out already so I can have my eternal winter.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Salazar said:
Vaguely related: Ep 4 of GoT was so boss.

Can't wait for Ep 5.

You've got a whole lot of goodness ahead of you.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Ugh writing news is the bane of my life, when there's none site traffic is down so I write articles to fill the gaps, by the time they're done news is back on and I have no time to finish them off.

Perfect day would be that there's news written all by itself, all the homepage updated so I can write reviews and features. Failing that be able to work on my new website before 11pm.
Only so much one man can do (even with the help I get).

News only brings in traffic when people react to it, articles and features get you people coming back again and again.

To get out of this cycle!!

Jintor

BIOAUGMENTATION

did you know neurally controlled prosthetic arms already exist in the world? 22 degrees of movement!

Now to the eyes

Gazunta

I hear ya Vook. As much as people like to complain about everyone doing the same old thing, woe betide any site that strays from the formula.

I need an army of robot artists to do my bidding.

...I'll settle for an army of readers tho!

I'll settle for any readers

EatChildren

I've slacked a bit with news lately, mostly due to previews/reviews. At least other writers are there to help share the load.

Aon

VOOK said:
Ugh writing news is the bane of my life, when there's none site traffic is down so I write articles to fill the gaps, by the time they're done news is back on and I have no time to finish them off.

If you want it, I'd totally be up for helping you out. I've been meaning to do more portfolio work for a while.

It's way too easy to be lazy!

News

A suburban street in Mosman remains in partial lockdown as the police bomb squad try to rescue the teen and defuse the explosive device.

Officers were called to the house on Burrawong Avenue about 2.30pm AEST.

The teen, who hails from a well-known family, only recently turned 18 and is currently studying for her final-year school exams, Nine News reports.

Her father, a successful businessman, has alleged the incident is "foul play", according to Nine News reporter Damian Ryan.

"It is thought someone unknown to the girl is responsible for putting the device on her neck, and speculation is that it may be linked to an extortion attempt.

"Bomb Squad officers are currently examining the device, while other emergency services are in support at the scene," a police statement said.

A police spokeswoman added roads were sealed off and a cordon in place on surrounding roads. Some residents within a 250m zone have been evacuated and a command post has been set-up on the corner of Burrawong Avenue and David Street.

There have not been any reports of explosions or injuries.

Reporter Damian Ryan said: "It is a perilous situation. It remains unclear if the device is an explosive, but it appears to be."

The NSW ambulance service was alerted to the incident at just before 3pm AEST and a spokeswoman confirmed paramedics were sent to the scene."

Aon said:
If you want it, I'd totally be up for helping you out. I've been meaning to do more portfolio work for a while.

It's way too easy to be lazy!
I feel like news is a hugely overlooked part of games journalism. It's all previews and reviews, which is obviously the fun part where you get to actually play the games, but actual controversies and news is pretty rare.

Looking at the big websites all the news is press releases and announcements which is pretty lazy journalism. On the other hand Vooks' own story on EB and importing was the business, as was the expose on the shitness of Team Bondi.

Also, is it just me or is everyone in masterchef this year really shit? Like anyone from the older series could take them to town any day of the week?

EDIT: Fuck. That is mental. Wow, I am literally lost for words at how to describe how fucked that is. God I hope she's OK

midonnay

pretty stupid if its extortion...... there are probably a thousand cops in the vicinity now.

unless its some fucked up retaliation like that accountant who was forced to drink acid awhile back.

Dead Man

midonnay said:
pretty stupid if its extortion...... there are probably a thousand cops in the vicinity now.

unless its some fucked up retaliation like that accountant who was forced to drink acid awhile back.
Fucking hell, just looked that up, that sounds some nasty shit.

Note to all AusGaf members

Track down the show "Episodes" and watch it.

It's a UK comedy about a couple of UK writers whose successful show is being remade in America

Thank me later.

trinest

ClivePwned said:
Note to all AusGaf members

Track down the show "Episodes" and watch it.

It's a UK comedy about a couple of UK writers whose successful show is being remade in America

Thank me later.
Seen it before. I agree with this post.

It's bloody awesome.

(theres also mean't to be another season in the works too so thats a plus :p)

*cries* Stupid UQ.
All I want to know is if I can use my electives to do an exchange, and I am been pushed back and forth to different departments, the Japanese coordinator is telling me I need to do an extended major, and then she's telling me not to do any Japanese courses this semester even though the cut off for course changes is friday -_- so I don't know whether to change courses or not. But since UQ doesn't offer the same courses every year how can I know if I will be able to take the course again? Even though its compulsary.. and no one is answering my simple question!!
Plus three of my four subjects changed lecture times after semester started, so now they all overlap. So many people have this overlap. I email them, their solution? I dunno lol, maybe you should alternate or study at home? I am not paying $5,000 a year to be messed around like this. This is my course damn it!

Sorry for the angry rant dudes =/ But I am really REALLY frustrated. Has anyone else had problems like this?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
shanshan310 said:
*cries* Stupid UQ.
All I want to know is if I can use my electives to do an exchange, and I am been pushed back and forth to different departments, the Japanese coordinator is telling me I need to do an extended major, and then she's telling me not to do any Japanese courses this semester even though the cut off for course changes is friday -_- so I don't know whether to change courses or not. But since UQ doesn't offer the same courses every year how can I know if I will be able to take the course again? Even though its compulsary.. and no one is answering my simple question!!
Plus three of my four subjects changed lecture times after semester started, so now they all overlap. So many people have this overlap. I email them, their solution? I dunno lol, maybe you should alternate or study at home? I am not paying $5,000 a year to be messed around like this. This is my course damn it!

Sorry for the angry rant dudes =/ But I am really REALLY frustrated. Has anyone else had problems like this?
clean up this post, put some "diplomatic language" in it, paste it into an email and CC it to ALL the people this overlaps with.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Shea butter and honey body wash, I do recommend it!

Does anyone know a food or vitamin that would help give me a little more energy during the day? I seem to be falling asleep at 9:30 these days which is about 1hr earlier than I would like, So i end up waking up around 5:30. And no, Not coffeeee!

Man last night it was nice and warm last night. Wake up this morning and it is pissing down. Le sigh. Also unis can be frustrating when they are too set in their ways. Also cook try warm milo and an hour in front of the ps3. Works for me. Otherwise group activities tend to eat up time quickly. Going for a walk at 7pm may mean that you feel a bit fresher for the night. Also infamous 2 is great. Took an hour to get used to the new feel but it works so so so much better. I need internet before de3 arrives!

Top Bottom