• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Omikron

codswallop said:
Mahjong is easy...

...until you see old Chinese men play it for money.

Mmmm, I figure a lot of it is remembering the 'winning' hands, so you don't fuck yourself over by throwing out a tile you need.

rass

evlcookie said:
Shea butter and honey body wash, I do recommend it!

Does anyone know a food or vitamin that would help give me a little more energy during the day? I seem to be falling asleep at 9:30 these days which is about 1hr earlier than I would like, So i end up waking up around 5:30. And no, Not coffeeee!
cocaine. I think it's a vitamin.

I found the thing that gave me the most energy was cutting out energy drinks (got hooked on mother for a few months, 300mls of that shit a day can't be good for your insides). I replaced it with water and lo and behold I'm feeling alive again.

Also, if you are unfit try to do a bit of excercise, it'll make you tired at first but give you a lot more energy if you stick with it. If you are fit IGNORE ME! (reference, anyone? anyone?)

ORIENTATION!
I am so excited for Uni. If I get there and my life doesn't end up playing out like season one of Community I'm going to be very disappointed.
I know Community College and Uni aren't the same thing

Clipper

Omi said:
Mmmm, I figure a lot of it is remembering the 'winning' hands, so you don't fuck yourself over by throwing out a tile you need.
The most of it is figuring out what the other players have so you don't lose, especially the person you're feeding.

Omikron

Clipper said:
The most of it is figuring out what the other players have so you don't lose, especially the person you're feeding.

True also! God damn! :p

Meanwhile, the whole Apple patent stuff is going to get interesting I feel. :) About time too.

http://www.theage.com.au/digital-li...st-the-tip-of-the-iceberg-20110803-1ian5.html

Apple's tablet and smartphone patents are so broad that virtually all major competitors could be targeted by the company if it is successful in its legal tussle with Samsung.

Intellectual property experts say Samsung would have to significantly hobble the Galaxy Tab 10.1 for the Australian market if it hopes to avoid infringing Apple's patents.

In a showdown in the Federal Court on Monday, Apple accused Samsung of infringing 10 of its patents including the "look and feel" and touchscreen technology of the iPad. Apple sought injunctions preventing Samsung from selling or advertising the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia - and demanded all of Samsung's stock be sent to it to be destroyed.

<snip>

The patents are so broad that they cover the basics of multi-touch gestures - both the hardware and software implementations - and functions like slide to unlock and list scrolling. Mueller said the fact that Samsung had agreed to hold back its launch of the Tab indicated it believes Apple's case has merit.

Gazunta

LOUD NOISES!!!

Who else likes finding those little Jack T Chick Christian propaganda comics in shopping malls, train stations or wherever? The little walkway in McWhirters in the Valley is a goldmine for them. Despite (or probably because of) the cross-waving heavy handed message in them, the art and stories are sometimes pretty funny. I've started collected the things. The ones about evolution are particularly amusing.

And hey, free comics just lying around for people to pick up are always good.

Bernbaum

Never seen Chick Tracts handed out in public - they were something I remember stumbling upon online years ago and being entertained/irritated by.

There was a guy from Answers in Genesis who would hang out in the Natural Resource Sciences area at QUT hand out Young Earth Creationism pamphlets directly to geology/enviro/biodiversity students on a fortnightly basis. I have to begrudgingly admire the resolve of people like that who are greeted with laughs and derision from the very people whose job it is to research and apply evolutionary science in a myriad number of ways.

markot said:
Whys everyone like Nandos? Its not that good >.<

And Oporto? What over priced crap....

KFC is still chicken king!
KFC is greasy, slimy sludge. Nandos is at least real chicken. And it's usually pretty good.

Omikron

markot said:

I had KFC last night, was good at the time, but an hour later... felt quite ill.

jambo

Shaneus said:
RIP Hightower :(

=[

aF6bS.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nandos is so insanely overpriced. They increased the prices not all that long ago too.

But that super spicey peri peri sauce is pretty delicious.

Clipper

markot said:

Oporto used to be bloody amazing and was well worth the extra fee, but now that they are such a huge franchise, the quality has suffered and only a few of their stores are any good.

Nandos is mostly OK, and great when you have a big group, but isn't so good for smaller groups.

Portuguese chilli chicken burgers from the independent and smaller franchise chains are still the best stuff there is in fast food, though (KFC is fatty trash, mostly). If you can find an Ogalo, or an independent Portuguese chicken place, then try those as the burgers are to die for. Portuguese chilli chicken burgers are probably the meal I miss most now that I'm on a diet (lost about 14kg in 9 weeks so far, so yay, but still a long way to go).

jambo

markot said:

KFC is the worst fast food on the market.

Nandos > Oportos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KFC

Gazunta

STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD I'M HUNGRY

$50 to ship a box of comics from the US to Australia. For fuck's sake. Being in Australia sucks for printing comics. :(

Edit: Also, the fact that I can't use Kickstarter to fund this either because I'm in Australia sucks more.

Bernbaum

KFC is something you eat maybe once a year. You'll think to yourself "Hey, I haven't had KFC in a while, let's do something about that!". You'll eat a zinger or a couple pieces of fried chicken, and then 2-3 hours later when you're in the dunny spraying semi-digested chicken out your arse, you'll remember why you chose not to eat KFC ever again.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
All this talk of chicken.

Spicy kebab for lunch it is.

Bernbaum said:
KFC is something you eat maybe once a year. You'll think to yourself "Hey, I haven't had KFC in a while, let's do something about that!". You'll eat a zinger or a couple pieces of fried chicken, and then 2-3 hours later when you're in the dunny spraying semi-digested chicken out your arse, you'll remember why you chose not to eat KFC ever again.

Hahaha so true.

I have a couple of people on my friends list with those stupid "Make sure you tick 'Christian' in census because of the damn Muslims taking over etc." I'm thinking about making a "tick no religion so those damn Christians don't have the power to legislate their bigotry etc.", I think it would go down well. ;)

markot

Banned
>_<

I thought only the Americans went crazy over the census. Hell, if you asked them 'religion' on their census they would have another revolution.

legend166

So I've got around 30% left of Dance With Dragons. I'm wondering what I should read next. I think I'll step away from fantasy for a bit. Any recommendations?

jambo

So what's the deal with there being no AusGAF shirts in the NeoGAF store? Did no one submit the designs they were posting in here?

Bernbaum

legend166 said:
So I've got around 30% left of Dance With Dragons. I'm wondering what I should read next. I think I'll step away from fantasy for a bit. Any recommendations?
Gabe over at Penny Arcade raves about "The Name of the Wind" which I have not read but it's on the list. Should scratch that fantasy itch.

EDIT: Oh wait, you wanted not-fantasy. Um, Crichton's Jurassic Park?

Rezbit

I can't help but laugh when people say they eat greasy food and then do a massively messy crap. Is this common? Granted, I do have an iron stomach; didn't even get the trots in SE Asia :O

jambo said:
So what's the deal with there being no AusGAF shirts in the NeoGAF store? Did no one submit the designs they were posting in here?

Dissapointed. liked the aussie design.

Anyone want to go in on an order for cheaper shipping?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Gazunta said:
I hear ya Vook. As much as people like to complain about everyone doing the same old thing, woe betide any site that strays from the formula.

You need to stray from the formula to be worth a damn, otherwise your 'readers' just become transients.

EatChildren said:
I've slacked a bit with news lately, mostly due to previews/reviews. At least other writers are there to help share the load.

Yeah I have help, but could do with more!

Aon said:
If you want it, I'd totally be up for helping you out. I've been meaning to do more portfolio work for a while.

It's way too easy to be lazy!

If you've got some free time that would be great, some days don't need any help other days just need all the help I can get!

FallbackPants said:
Looking at the big websites all the news is press releases and announcements which is pretty lazy journalism. On the other hand Vooks' own story on EB and importing was the business, as was the expose on the shitness of Team Bondi.

That was just a tip I got about that, but the thing is I could do more investigative stuff if I had more time :(

In other news I got quoted by the ABC

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-08-04/nintendo-faces-trouble-as-3ds-price-slashed/2823166

I feel pro.

I didn't submit any of my designs because they were crap and I didn't know where to submit them. ;)

Listening to This American Life "When Patents Attack!" episode. Totally depressing.

Dead Man

jambo said:
I was going to pick some up today, it being my pay day and all.

Dead Man, want anything?
I have 3 that I want, but I can't afford them for a few more weeks. If you can wait we could combine orders, but if not that's cool. Go get some goodness!!

Omi said:
Man, evenings. I would be happy to get 5 mins of gaming in.

In other pseudo-gaming news. Teaching myself mahjong. :)
Ten month olds go to b
ed around 7pm which is great. Starting to remember how fun gaming can be
Also kfc is fine. Never hurt my pooper. The manburger was a bit too filling though.
There is a chicken place here that is incredible. They even make coleslaw taste great!

Top Bottom