• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

midonnay

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...-hiding-overseas/story-e6frf7jx-1226107178269

A VICTORIAN Liberal MP is hiding overseas after her house was sprayed with bullets by a man allegedly chasing a $5000 drug debt owed by one of her sons, a court has been told.

Lorraine Wreford, who won the key seat of Mordialloc from Labor at November's state election helping to change Government, has fled overseas in fear of her life, The Age says.

would make fun of mexican gaf and their crime but WA's police commissioner's son blew himself up in a meth lab. >_>

Clipper

midonnay said:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...-hiding-overseas/story-e6frf7jx-1226107178269

would make fun of mexican gaf and their crime but WA's police commissioner's son blew himself up in a meth lab. >_>
Wow. Lucky for the Coalition that they're not is session and she does plan to come back, I guess. If she doesn't, there'd surely need to be a by-election and that would result in a 50-50 split of the Legislative Assembly if Labor took the seat back or the Greens got it and didn't want the Coalition in control, which I think would mean the whole state going to an early election due to it being hung...

Must be a tough decision to make when you fear for your life like that.

Gazunta

Yeah, Google Voice isn't available in Australia :(

It's really annoying every time I go to the states I check my Gmail, Google goes AH YOU'RE IN AMERICA NOW HAVE A GOOGLE VOICE ACCOUNT, but then I can't use it :(

Fredescu

Gazunta said:
LAZY DEVELOPERS UGH
It's funny that you're saying that to a coder. In the case of Blizzard, the only part of the Activision-Blizzard business keeping the company in the black for years, it has a better chance of being true than usual. This isn't a typical developer/publisher relationship we're talking about here. I personally think it's arrogance rather than laziness.

Anyone else pre-purchase From Dust on Steam? I just did and it's showing an ugly grey box for its icon, that will change when it releases though, right?

Clipper

VOOK said:
Just did a interview with the ABC about the 3DS D:
Will we get any awesome pics or videos that can be endlessly exploited for massive comical potential?
serrelsjoined3.gif

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
there should be a recording of it on abc site later i guess

was it abc local radio perth vook/

ABC News Online, I hope they don't put it up online - I stutter like a bitch!

jambo

Doncamatic said:
Just found this on the steam forums from one of the Tripwire Guys

Tripwire VP said:
We've put "LV" up for Australia because we haven't got the rating back yet - and dear old Oz has just announced the new higher rating category. We are HOPING that they will take the same view as PEGI/BBFC and NOT go all silly on us. However, until we're sure, we putting LV up to be safe. The Okkers may want to wait a few days and see what the end result is - but we'd hate for you to buy it and THEN find your ratings board can't cope with dismemberment (like USK...).

So I guess I'll hold off on pre-ordering for now.

Man I love Tripwire, they just come out and explain shit so that everyone can understand. Can't wait for RO2!

Shaneus

jambo said:
Man I love Tripwire, they just come out and explain shit so that everyone can understand. Can't wait for RO2!
Just remembered I have a code for the original from a Logitech promo AGES ago. Woo!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nobody every interviews me.

Well, thats not true, I was in some shitty 'edgy' local interview for my band when I was a teenager.

And I my mug was caugh on cam for Burk's Backyard.

But my opinions man! They need to be on TV!

jambo

EatChildren said:

Well, thats not true, I was in some shitty 'edgy' local interview for my band when I was a teenager.

Maybe they don't interview you because you can't seem to string a simple sentence together =P

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
jambo said:
Maybe they don't interview you because you can't seem to string a simple sentence together =P

I wish I were drunk enough to use that as an excuse.

midonnay

elfinke said:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/abcnews24/

Malcolm on Press Club, if anyone is interested.

he's basically ripping off new zealand's plan (who ripped off Labor's first plan which didn't work)

2nd time lucky?

Choc

Banned
The Supreme Court has frozen a family trust that holds the money David Hicks has earned from his book about his detention in Guantanamo Bay.

Guantanamo My Journey was released earlier this year and has sold 30,000 copies.

The Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions has launched an action under the Proceeds of Crime Act in an effort to seize all money made from sales of the memoirs.

Federal Government just bit off way more than it can chew.

He was never convicted of a crime in australia OR the united states and so therefore how is he gaining proceeds of a crime when he is not convicted?

As well as this, Hicks has said he is going to take it all the way to the high court if necessary. He will win as well. This was discussed on ABC 24 2 weeks ago with two QC's who said the federal governemnt hasn't got a case with this because he is not convicted in Australia.

Good job federal government, wasting our money for a fruitless cause. Whilst I do not agree with what Hicks did necessarily, he didn't commit a crime officially and so therefore they can't take his money.

Government people are so moronic

Sutton Dagger said:
Anyone else pre-purchase From Dust on Steam? I just did and it's showing an ugly grey box for its icon, that will change when it releases though, right?

Yeah that should change when it releases or soon after. It's the same with Deus Ex Human Revolution. Also, unrelated to From Dust but related to Human Revolution, I am mega (#firstworldproblems) bummed that the steam entry for HR is missing the colon. It just doesn't look right.

Megadrive said:
Who is buying Limbo on PC? This guy. Anyone else?

Definitely. After all the buzz it got after its XBLA release I feel I have to at least give it a shot.

trinest

EatChildren said:

No everyone should interview me.

midonnay

I was on the channel 9 weather ....... was just a little kid

did do a swerve though....but it was a backfacing to looking forward swerve like you see in romantic movies :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fuck you hirens boot cd v14. Why you remove ghost?! That was a waste of a download while at work.

And yea it's gotten warm in melbourne, Guess i don't have a need for my giant jacket. Hopefully it cools down before i head off home.

elfinke

midonnay said:
he's basically ripping off new zealand's plan (who ripped off Labor's first plan which didn't work)

2nd time lucky?

And ripping off the kiwi accent too, for good measure. He always looks in pain whenever he is made to toe the party line, which is always.

Megadrive said:
Who is buying Limbo on PC? This guy. Anyone else?

Limbo, From Dust, EYE-doover-Deus Ex-lookalike-game and RO2 (some nice incentives to pre-order as an owner of RO) are all on my to do list this pay week.

Gazunta

As much as I am loving From Dust on 360, it's completely unplayable unless I'm sitting a foot away from my TV. Double dipping on the PC version is cheaper than buying a bigger TV that can do 1080.

Reminds me what it was like playing Burnout Paradise in my SD gaming days *shudder*

Dead Man

Choc said:
The Supreme Court has frozen a family trust that holds the money David Hicks has earned from his book about his detention in Guantanamo Bay.

Guantanamo My Journey was released earlier this year and has sold 30,000 copies.

The Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions has launched an action under the Proceeds of Crime Act in an effort to seize all money made from sales of the memoirs.

Federal Government just bit off way more than it can chew.

He was never convicted of a crime in australia OR the united states and so therefore how is he gaining proceeds of a crime when he is not convicted?

As well as this, Hicks has said he is going to take it all the way to the high court if necessary. He will win as well. This was discussed on ABC 24 2 weeks ago with two QC's who said the federal governemnt hasn't got a case with this because he is not convicted in Australia.

Good job federal government, wasting our money for a fruitless cause. Whilst I do not agree with what Hicks did necessarily, he didn't commit a crime officially and so therefore they can't take his money.

Government people are so moronic
For fucks sake. Why are people so shit?

markot

Banned
Hicks is a twat, so its hard for me to feel sorry for him, and his book is full of BS, but if Chopper Reid can make money from his books, then pretty much anyone should be able to.

Proceeds from crime should just be about money you make from your crime, not from telling a story afterwards.

Hell, fighting this crap just gives it more publicity. Like when the Catholic church condemns a movie or what not, it pretty much is a publicity bonanza.

Dead Man

markot said:
Hicks is a twat, so its hard for me to feel sorry for him, and his book is full of BS, but if Chopper Reid can make money from his books, then pretty much anyone should be able to.

Proceeds from crime should just be about money you make from your crime, not from telling a story afterwards.

Hell, fighting this crap just gives it more publicity. Like when the Catholic church condemns a movie or what not, it pretty much is a publicity bonanza.
Exactly.

midonnay

any legal action will eat up any windfall from the royalties pretty quick (unless Hick's lawyers are working pro bono)...

which is probably the DPP's intention.

Top Bottom