• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Kirby102

Jintor said:
No P plates for me :<
Ahh, that sucks man... dw, I got mine on my 2nd go. I screwed up with the head checks the first time... so terrible.

It's just... when I failed my P1s test, it was on my birthday too :( </3

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
MrSerrels said:
What crazy fool doesn't have onions on their subway.

And Hungry Jacks is Junkie Jacks round our way. Smells exactly like a hobo.

The only thing I have on my Subway is Meatballs and Double Cheese or when they do the Chicken stuff + the Meatball sauce.

Gotta stop them just grabbing for the lettuce, and plonking it on!

Rezbit

Omi said:
Why shouldn't they? You should be able to drive in all conditions and environments.... :-/

Of course. A nervous as hell 17 year old driving down a highway at 70+km/h probably isn't the best idea however.

jambo

Rezbit said:
Of course. A nervous as hell 17 year old driving down a highway at 70+km/h probably isn't the best idea however.

They should get out of the kitchen if they can't handle the heat!

VOOK said:
The only thing I have on my Subway is Meatballs and Double Cheese or when they do the Chicken stuff + the Meatball sauce.

Gotta stop them just grabbing for the lettuce, and plonking it on!

I've heard bad things about the meatballs from people who worked at Subway, never going any where near it.

My standard is Italian Herb & Cheese footlong with Ham, Mozzarella Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Capsicum, BBQ Sauce and sometimes Onion =P

Deeku

Jintor said:
Oh it was just the Pacific, that runs through just about everything
Still, I would have been pretty scared if I had to do a highway for a test. I only had to do a a main road (old south head rd) and some back streets.

But I guess you need to get used it since you're in the north and pacific highway is like the main road.

Better luck next time!

jambo

I was in Subway about a fortnight ago and a guy was calling them jalapenos with a hard J when he was ordering, instead of halapenos.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Kirby, you might want to remove the it's so... Part ASAP.

Bad luck jintor on the driving test. How many hours and lessons did you do before going for it?

I really need to do mine. Can't get any days off work after they buttfucked everyone and downsized, I probably could if I was desp bur it might seem shady. Going to have to suck it up and do some lessons on the weekend, watch out drivers of Melbourne!

Jintor

I have 130 hours logged, (probably about 100 actually done >>), with the majority of it on straight roads though. Done 6 cert'd lessons I guess?

legend166

jambo said:
I was in Subway about a fortnight ago and a guy was calling them jalapenos with a hard J when he was ordering, instead of halapenos.

My brother and I pronounce it that way purely as a joke. It's great.

Anyway, the best sub is this - multigrain, chicken fillet, cheddar cheese, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, carrot, mayonnaise, not toasted.

jambo said:

My 16 year old self pronounced them ja-lap-e-nos in front of a packed Subway, embarrassment did ensue :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
jambo said:
Excuse me?

Must be a miss-quote. I'm pretty sure Kirby never wrote that, and if he did, he would make sure not to do so again.

Rezbit

Good thing about getting my licence in Hobart: booked in for the test at about 1pm, pretty much had the road to myself. Although if you're rocking the manual you do need to know how to handbrake start on a hill.

Choice of Subway = wheat bread, chicken teriyaki, lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapenos, SMALL amount of sweet onion sauce.

Dead Man

Gazunta said:
I'm going to make a Presidog shirt to wear instead.

Pro tip: Not having onion on your Subway sub like you usually do out of habit makes them heaps tastier. Also: Honey Mustard sauce.
Onions are necessary. On all subs. Honey mustard is godly though.

Jintor said:
No P plates for me :<
That sucks dude.

EatChildren said:
Must be a miss-quote. I'm pretty sure Kirby never wrote that, and if he did, he would make sure not to do so again.
That's some damn fine moderatin' there, fella.

Omikron

Rezbit said:
Good thing about getting my licence in Hobart: booked in for the test at about 1pm, pretty much had the road to myself. Although if you're rocking the manual you do need to know how to handbrake start on a hill.

Choice of Subway = wheat bread, chicken teriyaki, lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapenos, SMALL amount of sweet onion sauce.

Clarence office or bust. ;)

Deeku

Jintor said:
I have 130 hours logged, (probably about 100 actually done >>), with the majority of it on straight roads though. Done 6 cert'd lessons I guess?
lol that's quite a lot.

I did 10 lessons with an instructor and that was about it. Fudged the rest. My instructor was awesome though because he knew which streets the test would take me through. So after 5 lessons of basics, I did 5 lessons of the test route.

Also I had a really nice test guy on the day. After I did a parallel park, I forgot I was still in R, so when he said I could go, I hurtled back a few meters. The guy just shrugged and said if I could get back to the rta with no mistakes he'd pass me. Which I did of course:D

Choabac

Joe Hockey said that he will disband the department of climate change...What?

Does that mean he feels that the scientific consensus on climate change and the need to address it is wrong?

Jintor

commanderdeek said:
lol that's quite a lot.

I did 10 lessons with an instructor and that was about it. Fudged the rest. My instructor was awesome though because he knew which streets the test would take me through. So after 5 lessons of basics, I did 5 lessons of the test route.

Also I had a really nice test guy on the day. After I did a parallel park, I forgot I was still in R, so when he said I could go, I hurtled back a few meters. The guy just shrugged and said if I could get back to the rta with no mistakes he'd pass me. Which I did of course:D

Damn that's cool

My guy was alright, but he kinda looked like an old guy who was just like "let's get this over with". He probably does like 10 tests a day though so can't exactly blame him. Explained my errors quickly and succinctly though later, so whatevs.

Omikron

Choabac said:

Does that mean he feels that the scientific consensus on climate change and the need to address it is wrong?

Probably feels it is a 'greens' policy and therefore it is wrong.

jambo

Choabac said:

I think it means he's an idiot.

Agyar said:
What's the down low on jail-breaking Kindles to read/do other things? Also I like how we can say "jail-breaking" now instead of hax0ring or whatever it was ten years ago.
Jail breaking the Kindle doesn't really do much. From what I've seen it's really limited to custom wallpaper when the device is off, a couple of games (minesweeper was one, I think, maybe crosswords too) and bugger all else.

It displays books like a boss, so much so you wouldn't dream ask it to do anything else. It does one job frickin' awesomely and I've never wished it could do anything else. Much like a MP3 player.

Omi said:
Why shouldn't they? You should be able to drive in all conditions and environments.... :-/
I went on a freeway my very first lesson, at 16. Don't you go on the freeway/highway in NSW?

Edit: Wife used to work at Subway, so I frequently had double chicken fillet with double bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, jalapenos and mayo.

Before that, I frequently ate their "pizza subs", with pretty much the same salad, but with the hot sauce (which was damned hot). Some Subway stores will still sell the pizza subs, and some will also do the V cut if you ask for it. All off-menu of course.

Jintor

Planet_JASE said:
Jail breaking the Kindle doesn't really do much. From what I've seen it's really limited to custom wallpaper when the device is off, a couple of games (minesweeper was one, I think, maybe crosswords too) and bugger all else.

It displays books like a boss, so much so you wouldn't dream ask it to do anything else. It does one job frickin' awesomely and I've never wished it could do anything else. Much like a MP3 player.

I would like to get rid of these hideous author photos as screensavers...

codswallop said:
I went on a freeway my very first lesson, at 16. Don't you go on the freeway/highway in NSW?

Edit: Wife used to work at Subway, so I frequently had double chicken fillet with double bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, jalapenos and mayo.

Before that, I frequently ate their "pizza subs", with pretty much the same salad, but with the hot sauce (which was damned hot). Some Subway stores will still sell the pizza subs, and some will also do the V cut if you ask for it. All off-menu of course.

I think I have an idea but what is a V cut?

kase23

Jintor said:
It was pretty clear to me the moment I tried to turn and the instructor slammed on the brakes :<

I also ran a double white line turning onto a highway, which I didn't notice at all and feel bad about.

My driving as a whole was pretty good though! So... I dunno, just gotta chill I guess.
Manual or Auto? You'll get em next time, just get a few more hours with your L's under peak conditions. I fucked up getting my P plates the first time too , i got stuck in a red light turning inside of a major intersection because I didnt notice that the 3 cars ahead of me were going too slow, got an instant failure. I made a point though to make the drive back to the vic roads depo the smoothest non eventful ride the scorer would have all day.

jambo

roosters93 said:

jynVk.gif

Jintor said:
I would like to get rid of these hideous author photos as screensavers...
I used to agree but then, how much time do you spend looking at your kindle when it's turned off?
(Plus, I have the leather cover, so... meh)

roosters93 said:
The first rule of Sub Club is 'You do not talk about the V Cut'

jambo said:
Bugger! I've got my P2 test at the end of the month, I think it's the touch screen one.

This test is so incredibly dumb it boggles the mind. It simply doesn't resemble driving in any way shape or form. I think the video being incredibly fuzzy probably doesn't help either.

I just find it funny to get my P1's i actually have to be able to drive a car. To take the next step all i have to do is pass some shitty video game which is nothing like actually driving.

Rahk

legend166 said:
So I've got around 30% left of Dance With Dragons. I'm wondering what I should read next. I think I'll step away from fantasy for a bit. Any recommendations?
I second The Name Of The Wind. It is fantasy, but it's much easier to get into at the beginning than ASOIAF as it focuses on one character and is an easier read in general. It also has a fairly unique setting/style compared to other fantasy.

It is planned to be a trilogy, and only 2 books are out at the moment, so it's not as big of an investment.

Top Bottom