• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

roosters93 said:
I think I have an idea but what is a V cut?
It's the old style cut they used to do, instead of simply cutting the bread in half they'd cut a V-shape into the bread and remove a triangle-shaped section which they'd put back on top once the sub was loaded. I reckon it held stuff in better, though you might not have been able to cram in as much stuff.

Easier when eating a footlong that wasn't cut in half as well.

trinest

Ooo NeoGaf shirts up ay? Shame theres no AusGAF ones.

VOOK said:
Got Hungry Jacks for lunch, instantly regretted it.

I find they can be great when done right, sometimes better then McDonalds, but the cases of you getting properly made Hungry Jacks are 1 in a million, so every other time its soggy, sloppy and ugly.

While we are on the subject of driving tests. Got my Ps last month, had my L's for over two years by the time I got them. Got it first go too so was really glad.

Rezbit said:
Of course. A nervous as hell 17 year old driving down a highway at 70+km/h probably isn't the best idea however.
Highway driving was pretty much the only thing I did until I had to go for my P test. (only went for them last month, passed too on the first go). Though I did have my Ls since the year I was turning 18, so its been awhile really.

Jintor said:
I have 130 hours logged, (probably about 100 actually done >>), with the majority of it on straight roads though. Done 6 cert'd lessons I guess?

The hours these days are rediclious and the longer hours will not make people better drivers. You only learn when you finally get your Ps- basiclly you learn when to not fuck up.

VOOK said:
I got my license on my 17th birthday the first attempt. Like a boss.
Getting them first attempt the the way. (I go wtf when I hear about people failing more then 3+ times per each test- people like that shouldn't be able to drive).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Why does just bout everyone in malvern and caulfield own either a BMW or a merc, never seen so many in my life.

I also think it might be quicker and easier to walk the 30 minutes to the station instead of getting the bus. I do miss out on potential hot bus girls.

I'm sure my tiredness is coming from the fact I'm moving around again. 2.5k walk in the morning plus constantly on my feet lifting hp desktops and monitors all day long. Hurry up body and lose some weight!

jambo

trinest said:
The hours these days are rediclious and the longer hours will not make people better drivers. You only learn when you finally get your Ps- basiclly you learn when to not fuck up.

How is more experience not going to help?!?!

Rahk

evlcookie said:
Why does just bout everyone in malvern and caulfield own either a BMW or a merc, never seen so many in my life.

I also think it might be quicker and easier to walk the 30 minutes to the station instead of getting the bus. I do miss out on potential hot bus girls.

I'm sure my tiredness is coming from the fact I'm moving around again. 2.5k walk in the morning plus constantly on my feet lifting hp desktops and monitors all day long. Hurry up body and lose some weight!
I sometimes do a 30 min walk on the way home. I hate waiting and the bus I catch is always full of junkies and fucktards.

Too cold to do it in the morning, and now I finish late so it's too dark to walk home most days.

trinest

jambo said:
How is more experience not going to help?!?!
Theres only so much the current system of how the Ls works can teach you- and that can easily be done in 30 - 40 hours. After that there is nothing more the Ls can teach you, and vus pointless. The system is flawed, and they think it will be fixed by decreasing speed limits, putting in resting periods for the hours and upping the hours required until you can get your Ps. It wont fix a thing- those things are values which changed to higher ecrements will not effect any statistics they shove out to prove their right.

jambo said:
4 shirts from NeoGAF will cost me just under $88 AUD including shipping...

Good thing I got paid today!
I would never pay that much for 4 shirts. Gah.

Then again I have 0 income so you know.

jambo

trinest said:
Theres only so much the current system of how the Ls works can teach you- and that can easily be done in 30 - 40 hours. After that there is nothing more the Ls can teach you, and vus pointless. The system is flawed, and they think it will be fixed by decreasing speed limits, putting in resting periods for the hours and upping the hours required until you can get your Ps. It wont fix a thing- those things are values which changed to higher ecrements will not effect any statistics they shove out to prove their right.

It's not about teaching, it's about experience behind the wheel!

trinest said:
I would never pay that much for 4 shirts. Gah.

Then again I have 0 income so you know.

I've paid almost that much for 1 shirt >_>

rass

Bernbaum said:
Gabe over at Penny Arcade raves about "The Name of the Wind" which I have not read but it's on the list. Should scratch that fantasy itch.

EDIT: Oh wait, you wanted not-fantasy. Um, Crichton's Jurassic Park?
+1 for JP (late to the party much?)

also,
italian herbs, cheddar, half qty lettuce, tomato, capsicum, cucumber, carrot, salt n pepper and honey mustard sauce. delicion.

legend166

rass said:
+1 for JP (late to the party much?)

also,
italian herbs, cheddar, half qty lettuce, tomato, capsicum, cucumber, carrot, salt n pepper and honey mustard sauce. delicion.

No meat?

What is this madness.

jambo

I sometimes get my subs without meat, if I want a lighter lunch.

Salazar said:
Shirt - yeah, but not much more.

Jackets - Oh my god, I'm too ashamed to say.

I've bought some pretty expensive jackets and I'm going shopping for a coat tomorrow so that could be interesting. Parents are paying though, birthday present ^_^

Bernbaum

2rfvgqd.jpg

Fugazi are great. 'The Argument' is a very special album to me.

We're going to get along famously.

Bernbaum said:
2rfvgqd.jpg

That's a band I haven't heard in a long time. In fact I'd say I've barley listened to them since I first discovered Repeater. And now that I think about it I don't know if I have listened to much else (even though I would have discovered them well after The Argument came out.

Ydahs

So much food talk. Good thing I didn't come on early in the day, considering I was fasting...

I feel like Subway now :(

God that pide looks amazing.

On a completely unrelated note, what would AusGAF recommend on internet plans? I'm leaning towards TPG's $60 phone line and unlimited download bundle. It seems pretty damn solid (considering I'm paying $50 for 50GB at the moment)

Anything better out there?

Grassy

Bernbaum said:
2rfvgqd.jpg

The Argument is pretty much perfect. Even now when I listen to it, it still sounds fresh and exciting and I don't think it will ever age.

I'm still waiting for a new Fugazi album. Chances are it may not happen, but if it does then I will be one happy motherfucker.

FallbackPants said:

On a completely unrelated note, what would AusGAF recommend on internet plans? I'm leaning towards TPG's $60 phone line and unlimited download bundle. It seems pretty damn solid (considering I'm paying $50 for 50GB at the moment)

I am going with aanets adsl2+ plan with 250 gig plan for 50 bucks. Will enjoy the roomy download limit.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I am going with aanets adsl2+ plan with 250 gig plan for 50 bucks. Will enjoy the roomy download limit.
I'm struggling to hit my 1TB limit these days, but 250gb still sounds so goddamn small! Movies on tap are fucking great, though.

Cohsae

FallbackPants said:

Internode Naked. Because home phones are for chumps.
$60/month with no line rental on top. 150GB, and I'm currently getting about 840KB/s. Not sure how far I am from the exchange though.

Grassy

reptilescorpio said:

I hooked my dad up with this plan a few months ago, and he loves it. More for the speed rather than the download limit I guess.

Kirby102

...it seemed that it got worse when I read from my post down... hmm so the sheer mention out of context is bad... :S Oops, sorry about that. I was at work... and the Internet there kept pooping for me to regularly get updated in this thread...

onTopic: I HAD KFC TOO, curse you all. But oh man, the Works burger = sex. :D

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Cohsae said:
Internode Naked. Because home phones are for chumps.
$60/month with no line rental on top. 150GB, and I'm currently getting about 840KB/s. Not sure how far I am from the exchange though.

they removed that plan, it's now 30 gig for 50 or 200 gig for like 80 or something

Top Bottom