• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

trinest

FallbackPants said:
Did that make no sense to anyone else, or just me? How could Microsoft use these patents against Google if Google never owned them?

I don't understand the huge love in people feel for Google. They are way too in everyone's life. They know what you search for, they know who you call, they now have photos of you on +, they have your email.

In sum, Google = Skynet.

Also, I'll come out and say it, WP7 kicks Android around the park
The problem with google is in the markets it is in, at this stage noone really isn't doing anything better (I agree about WP7- awesome OS). However until someone rises which does something considerably different Google will retain is search, web tech positions.

JaseC said:
I just had someone ask about my avatar! Now the only element of the GAF rite of passage I've yet to complete is that of earning a tag.

With some of the tags I've seen around, probably safer to stick with "Member".

FallbackPants said:
Did that make no sense to anyone else, or just me? How could Microsoft use these patents against Google if Google never owned them?
If Google don't own the patents, they can be forced into licensing them or sued.

Even if Google did own the patents, all the owners of the patents would have to is sue the hardware providers (HTC, Samsung, etc).

markot said:
Hmm. Bethseda seems to be one of the most agressive with the regional pricing in Aus on steam >_<
Import the CE from the uk. Day one steam has gotten expensive especially since it seems to go on sale rather quickly now.

Also choc needs to get his EA overliads to pass on the pc version of Crysis 2. So much eye candy. Also grab The Witcher 2 as it was made with the tears of angels and shaped using only the finest demonic programs. Best arpg i have played since being a grasshoppers knee.

jambo

On the topic of Quake IV on Steam

q7qRf.jpg

...wat

Bernbaum

DualShadow said:
True.

Chances of getting a tag have probably increased since we seem to have a mod now ;)
Depends how good at reverse psychology you are and how much credit you give to EatChildren's intelligence.

But then again, he's probably too chickenshit to start dishing out tags.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
DualShadow said:
True.

Chances of getting a tag have probably increased since we seem to have a mod now ;)

If I am never tagged it will be my one and only deathbed regret. :p

Bernbaum said:
Depends how good at reverse psychology you are and how much credit you give to EatChildren's intelligence.

But then again, he's probably too chickenshit to start dishing out tags.

iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Fredescu said:
Mods can't change tags.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

JaseC said:
If I am never tagged it will be my one and only deathbed regret. :p

If that's your only regret then you lived a good life :p

Fogz

Jintor said:
Back on a Persona 4 kick!

I been getting a Persona 4 itch lately as well. Didn't help spotting Teddie in the background in Catherine.

I have the soundtrack running nonstop in the car.

jambo said:
$19.99

I actually kinda like the SP campaign and the weapons are really beefy so I'll definitely play through it this weekend.

I remember liking SP when Quake 4 first came out. I would be interested in giving it a go again. Probably not for 20 bucks though :p /cheapskate

JaseC

I finally managed to convince Telstra to have somebody come out and take a look at the line, and the bloke just left.

From this shit:

Za88V.png

To:

1buso.png

Fucking yes.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Putting my noise cancelling headphones in with nothing playing just so I don't have to listen to my coworkers play Adele all day.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
VOOK said:
Putting my noise cancelling headphones in with nothing playing just so I don't have to listen to my coworkers play Adele all day.

This x infinity. Work is locked on some shitty radio station. Every day the same cycle of songs.

JaseC

EatChildren said:
This x infinity. Work is locked on some shitty radio station. Every day the same cycle of songs.

Sounds like 92.9 over here in WA. My housemate was once listening to it all bloody day and I heard one of Pink's shitty singles at least half a dozen times in the space of 4-5 hours. The station repeats more often that Foxtel for crying out loud.

jambo

EatChildren said:

Same, I can't work out how people just listen to the same 100 songs over and over every day.

Every now and then there's a new hit, but most of the time it's the same shit for weeks at a time.

jambo said:
Same, I can't work out how people just listen to the same 100 songs over and over every day.

Every now and then there's a new hit, but most of the time it's the same shit for weeks at a time.

I agree with this. Part of the reason all i really listen to these days is di.fm

Always different, playlist is essentially built for me and i love trance.

ps jambo. any idea when red orchestra 2 low violence version is being fixed on steam for us?

EatChildren said:
Triple j all day every day.

Also q4 was a huge disapoint me to me. Just felt like a middling effort. Thankfully they redeemed themselves with Wolf4 and Singularity. Sad that after showing improvement with every game that they got relegated to cod map packs.

Got a slab of James Boags Pure waiting for me at home and a mate is coming down for a Sunday arvo pub crawl. Hell yes.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Marshmellow said:
ps jambo. any idea when red orchestra 2 low violence version is being fixed on steam for us?

The devs said earlier they have the low violence version up because the Classifications Board hasn't rated the game yet, and that once they do (and assuming it goes through) they'll switch it over.

Rezbit

Nom nom Boags pure. Good drop.

I find Triple J has the same problem as the commercial stations though, just laps of the same fiddy songs over and over. The Doctor is awesome though.

jambo

Marshmellow said:
I agree with this. Part of the reason all i really listen to these days is di.fm

Always different, playlist is essentially built for me and i love trance.

You're awesome =D

Marshmellow said:

Devs said this on the Tripewire forums

We've put "LV" up for Australia because we haven't got the rating back yet - and dear old Oz has just announced the new higher rating category. We are HOPING that they will take the same view as PEGI/BBFC and NOT go all silly on us. However, until we're sure, we putting LV up to be safe. The Okkers may want to wait a few days and see what the end result is - but we'd hate for you to buy it and THEN find your ratings board can't cope with dismemberment (like USK...).

jambo said:
You're awesome =D
Devs said this on the Tripewire forums

I know i am, thanks :D (i pictured the you're awesome dog.gif in my mind)

cool yea, was wondering if it had been dated yet. thanks for response aswell eatchildren

Rezbit said:

I find Triple J has the same problem as the commercial stations though, just laps of the same fiddy songs over and over. The Doctor is awesome though.
Oddly enough they have dropped the hip hop lately and had a lot of rave, glitch stuff on lately. Chem bros too. I blame the popularity of lmfao and skrillex.

Rezbit said:

100% agree, except on the Doctor. He was good with Jay, but now he just seems like he's forcing it. You can tell he still is all about 90s punk, and whenever he gets a chance to talk to someone about it he's great, but when he's talking to someone about indie or some other boring shite (I'm not biased at all) he just seems like he's trying really hard.

But on Triple J's content, yeah totally. Their music is barely dissimilar to what the major commercial stations play now. Actually I think it's a bit better than it has been, but still not good.

Aon

Speaking of birthdays I am totally 20 today :D

Have people around for games and then later indie film in the city + drinking! Hurrah!

I expect very cheap Steam games gifted to me :p (otherwise I abuse my mod privileges tomorrow)

Have fun :p

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Aon said:

Have people around for games and then later indie film in the city + drinking! Hurrah!

I expect very cheap Steam games gifted to me :p (otherwise I abuse my mod privileges tomorrow)

:O same age.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
You know when you get one of those headaches that your eyes just feel like they're going to pop out of your head? Yeah I have that.

r1chard

Dammit slow service at the pub for lunch today meant free jug we didn't need now I've had way too much beer so it's good that my boss was also there.

Omikron

Aon said:

Oh, thats right, you are the reason that the MelbGAF thing isn't on a Friday night isn't it? :p

No games for you.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
oh yeh shit melbgaf is meant to be next weeekend um

anyone still keen

just confirming

3pm august 13th, manabar, be there or be square.

i'll post my mobile closer to the date so people can ring if they dont just wanna walk in and look around aimlessly.

legend166

VOOK said:
Anyone want to play SC2 tonight?

Can I play multiplayer with the Starter Edition?

Edit: Looks like the answer is yes. But only if we play on these maps: Xel'Naga Caverns, Shattered Temple, Discord IV, and High Orbit.

jambo

Fogz said:
I remember liking SP when Quake 4 first came out. I would be interested in giving it a go again. Probably not for 20 bucks though :p /cheapskate

I figure $15 for the game and $5 for the TF2 weapon =P

Happy Birthday Aon.

I can give you a TF2 hat that I'm supposedly getting from Pre-ordering From Dust, that's if I can find out when and how I get it, never got one before?

jambo

Lunch break shopping was a success, Peter Shearers were having a sale so I got a Daniel Hechter coat/jacket, Studio Italia pin striped suit pants and Kenneth Blake suit pants. The Kenneth Black pair were $49 down from $169 so I'm stoked!

Omikron

Sutton Dagger said:
Happy Birthday Aon.

I can give you a TF2 hat that I'm supposedly getting from Pre-ordering From Dust, that's if I can find out when and how I get it, never got one before?

Usually you just start up TF2 post purcahse and it appears in your backpack :)

If not, play for 5 mins and die. :p

Top Bottom