• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Fjord said:
Hey guys, quick question for you. I'm in Canada right now but my girlfriend and I will be heading to New Zealand in a few months to do our masters. How will this affect my Diablo 3. Will I be able to buy the NA version online and just play on those servers? Will it be some horrible scenario where I have to wait months until Oceania gets a release date?
We ain't no kiwis.

At least I think there aren't any in here?

Also buy it DD with your american credit card, can't you use one of those sites that makes it seem like your ip is American? How long will you be in NZ for? When is Diablo 3 coming our by the way?

Bernbaum said:
Saw him play with his wife with The Evens in West End at a community centre and it was one of the most important gigs I've been to.

Search YouTube for a video of him defending the importance of all-ages concerts in Washington DC.
Love The Evens. You still live a privileged life in my eyes.
Most punk bands I listen to are all about all-age gigs. Rise Against have very similar views. Actually most punk bands I can think of have at least one veg member.

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:
We ain't no kiwis.

At least I think there aren't any in here?

Also buy it DD with your american credit card, can't you use one of those sites that makes it seem like your ip is American? How long will you be in NZ for? When is Diablo 3 coming our by the way?

Love The Evens. You still live a privileged life in my eyes.
Most punk bands I listen to are all about all-age gigs. Rise Against have very similar views. Actually most punk bands I can think of have at least one veg member.
Mush will be along shortly to deal with you. there are a couple other kiwis as well, but I don't often see them in the Ausgaf thread.

Bernbaum

reptilescorpio said:
Start with 13 Songs and work your way to the present. Enjoy.

Also I'm half Kiwi so don't hurt me please!
Getting the Minor Threat and Rites of Spring anthologies would also be valuable, if not for listening pleasure then at least posterity.

And you're a kiwi? Welcome to ignore list status!

Bernbaum said:
Getting the Minor Threat and Rites of Spring anthologies would also be valuable, if not for listening pleasure then at least posterity.

And you're a kiwi? Welcome to ignore list status!
My Dad is kiwi! I was born and bred here in this wonderful land!

Also Husker Du is required as well. All the straight edge stuff is at the very least interesting to find out the story behind it all. Also Refused.

Bernbaum

reptilescorpio said:
My Dad is kiwi! I was born and bred here in this wonderful land!

Also Husker Du is required as well. All the straight edge stuff is at the very least interesting to find out the story behind it all. Also Refused.
Husker Du? Saw Bob Mould play the Zoo in Brissie about a decade ago.

And yes, the Refused's 'Shape of things to come' still sounds vital. Shame they broke up when they did. I saw the International Noise Conspiracy ages ago and it would have been great to have seen some of that energy in a raw balls-out hardcore band performance from the Refused.

Bernbaum said:
Husker Du? Saw Bob Mould play the Zoo in Brissie about a decade ago.

And yes, the Refused's 'Shape of things to come' still sounds vital. Shame they broke up when they did. I saw the International Noise Conspiracy ages ago and it would have been great to have seen some of that energy in a raw balls-out hardcore band performance from the Refused.
LOL. Watching the new Foo Fighters doco (which is fucking awesome by the way) and just as I was reading your post Bob Mould came on during the recording of the new album. Love a bit of Sunny Day Real Estate too. For some reason I feel that one of my favourite current bands, Enter Shikari, carry that old hardcore flag that you don't hear much of these days. That passion.

Jintor

Aww you fuckers, I was out watching a Revue.

In other news, Sydney University Med Revue officially broke the local record for "Most amount of naked people we can fit on a stage"

Jintor said:
Aww you fuckers, I was out watching a Revue.

In other news, Sydney University Med Revue officially broke the local record for "Most amount of naked people we can fit on a stage"

Should have said you were going, I would have shown up.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Just checked my phone and had a txt msg okn if from a friend who is at the ana bar. I have no idea why she would go there since she isn't a gamer. More info will be found out in the morning.

I wonder if holy went... Oh god.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
roosters93 said:
Browsing GAF and facey on a tiny 1024x768 screen in Paris. living the life

Boo this man!

I guess you're the second person in a few months from ausgaf to be in paris? Madness.

Planet_JASE said:
Since reptile seems to be slipping with his OzGameShop Pimpin', let me help you out:

Click for 36 Dollareedoo

It's meant to be good, right?
The child spent the night screaming so I have been to exhausted to check gaf until now. Regretting staying up late now.

Also yes it is a great game. I think it was vks who sold it on ebay for about 35 I think.

reptilescorpio said:
The child spent the night screaming so I have been to exhausted to check gaf until now. Regretting staying up late now.

Also yes it is a great game. I think it was vks who sold it on ebay for about 35 I think.
I was only kidding, so I'm sorry if I offended. Sorry to hear about the crappy night.

Think I might pick up Radiant, considering no one seems to be really stocking it and it's still US$36 on Amazon. I swear, I don't know how OzGameShop does it, sometimes.

Planet_JASE said:
I was only kidding, so I'm sorry if I offended. Sorry to hear about the crappy night.

Think I might pick up Radiant, considering no one seems to be really stocking it and it's still US$36 on Amazon. I swear, I don't know how OzGameShop does it, sometimes.
I wonder if they have other avenues to make sales. They have the uk site and the aussie site but maybe they also have eu storefronts. They tend to restock fairly often and at usually a lower price than before which is always impressive, even if it is only one or two copies. Maybe they make some deals with publishers to take leftover stock.

reptilescorpio said:
I wonder if they have other avenues to make sales. They have the uk site and the aussie site but maybe they also have eu storefronts. They tend to restock fairly often and at usually a lower price than before which is always impressive, even if it is only one or two copies. Maybe they make some deals with publishers to take leftover stock.
Could be. Maybe they've got a long term plan where thye're banking on the Pound crashing or the AUD exploding and then they'll exchange all of the lovely foreign currency they've been stockpiling.

They they'll be rich. And retire. And then we'll have to pay a lot for games. :( Or just work through our backlogs :) :( :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
evlcookie said:
Just checked my phone and had a txt msg okn if from a friend who is at the ana bar. I have no idea why she would go there since she isn't a gamer. More info will be found out in the morning.

I wonder if holy went... Oh god.

:lol, nah I went to the football

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
HolyCheck said:
:lol, nah I went to the football

She said it was a super small venue with a line still there. I'm guessing it's still bringing in the nerds.

So maybe a melbgaf meetup delay isn't such a bad idea if we do actually go there.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Insiders this morning was an absolute classic. My BFF David Marr was prodding and tweaking Piers Akerman to a delightful degree and was at times flabbergasted by Piers' comments (mining creates wealth but the public sector contributes nothing? really?). Malcolm Farr was happily enjoying the side show whilst poor Bazza tried to keep up. Meanwhile Talking Pictures was hilarious and David Rowe remains Australia's premier political illustrator. Rowe's watercolour technique is second to none.

After the show ended I channel surfed until I landed in the middle of an Andrew Bolt diatribe equating the few fracas that have happened over the years here in Australia (Maquarie fields, Manley, Redfern, etc) with the full scale rioting going on in England and then blaming it on a Welfare State that undermines Christian families. What a loon.

Jintor

What is this bullshit? Trying to sign in on the gamersgate site doesn't work. Can't find the serial for Mafia 2 to link it to Steam.

Jintor said:
What is this bullshit? Trying to sign in on the gamersgate site doesn't work. Can't find the serial for Mafia 2 to link it to Steam.
Try restarting gamersgate from the front page or try internet explorer. I had troubles signing in yesterday during a mad scramble to buy mafia 2. For some reason I could only log in through a clean front page.

At the Allansford cheese world. They make sungold milk here. SO FUCKING BORING KILL ME NOW.

Frawdder

Jintor said:
I have an order ID, but no Mafia 2 serial.
If you can log in you have to go to 'My Games' and then click on Mafia 2. On the right there should be a button that says 'Show Serial', click that.

Jintor

Frawdder said:
If you can log in you have to go to 'My Games' and then click on Mafia 2. On the right there should be a button that says 'Show Serial', click that.

Yeah, got a little problem with that

Doesn't seem to work in Chrome either. I knew there was a reason I was keeping IE around! What fucking shoddy-ass coding.

/edit scratch that, IE doesn't work either. I'm probably not shopping here again.

commissar

Yeah the service I've had with gamersgate is not very good.

Had to log in via my phone because it inexplicably would never load the page via firefox, ie or chrome on my pc.

Bought Prey for $4? and then waited about four months to get a key because there were some legal issues with the publisher. Which they never bothered to email me about.
So after four months I had them refund me the money out of principle.
Which took me three emails to clarify that yes, when I said refund I wanted an actual refund.

I wouldn't recommend them :|

Jintor said:
Yeah, got a little problem with that

Doesn't seem to work in Chrome either. I knew there was a reason I was keeping IE around! What fucking shoddy-ass coding.

/edit scratch that, IE doesn't work either. I'm probably not shopping here again.
Give it a break and clear your cache. Might be a conflict somewhere. Worked perfect back when I picked up Civ V for 10 bucks. Was messy yesterday though. The insanely cheap prices will be worth the effort!

Aon

I have never had an issue with gamer'sgate xD

Now GetGames on the other hand is annoying as hell, iwht their cheap ass Red Orchestra one sale. So when you go to the checkout one of the options is a big PAY WITH PAYPAL button, but once you reach the end fo the checkout process they're like "we can't accept paypal".

;__;

Jintor

I cleared gamersgate-related cookies, but that didn't seem to work either. I'll try again when I next reset my computer, but that probably won't be till tommorrow I guess.

In the meantime, snagged Radiant Historia from Ozgameshop, thanks Jase. Fuck that place looks great for bargins. No more hunting through Amazon for international shipping asshats. Pity I just bought four things with a shipping cost of about half as much as their purchase price.

Agyar

reptilescorpio said:
They have multiple eBay stores as well, that I know of. Anything that references 'Xbite' is the same company, and they have another Australian eBay store called something different (gameshopau or something like that). Wouldn't be surprised if their primary function is actually wholesale supply and they've added direct online sales to their supply chain.

Jintor said:
In the meantime, snagged Radiant Historia from Ozgameshop, thanks Jase. Fuck that place looks great for bargins. No more hunting through Amazon for international shipping asshats. Pity I just bought four things with a shipping cost of about half as much as their purchase price.
No worries; like I said, I was just filling in for reptile. Some of their DS prices are insane. Picked up a few over on Friday, myself. 3 hours later, the shipping notice came through. Bloody hell, they are truly above awesome, sometimes.

midonnay

Witchfinder General said:
Insiders this morning was an absolute classic. My BFF David Marr was prodding and tweaking Piers Akerman to a delightful degree and was at times flabbergasted by Piers' comments (mining creates wealth but the public sector contributes nothing? really?).

ugh.... Marr makes me cringe almost as much as Akerman... not the message but the tone of voice. The smarmy exchanges makes me switch off.

Keep to writing David :/

Deeku

Jintor said:
In other news, I'm very annoyed that the cheapest I can find Radiant Historia online is like $50
Play-asia has it for $31. Subscribe to the email alerts for it, it's always back in stock every 2 weeks or so.

Edit:

Oh wait, you already bought it. Oh well.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I just used justin.tv to stream some funtastic tf2 footage. 3 viewers, OH YEA. It was good to hear it was smooth although my audio was totally fucked up for some reason.

One day aus internet will be good enough to really stream stuff, come on nbn?

I might start streaming some NFSHP soon. Who wants to watch the shittyness?!

Jintor said:
Should really add Ozgameshop and Playasia to my traditional browsing haunts alongside Amazon, Ebay and Zavvi.
Subscribe to the weekly newsletter. Also check what timed bargains they have. Itherwise search for any interesting games and click the Email Me When This Item Is Back In Stock button.

midonnay said:
haha

there was a thread on Wil Anderson the other day for fuck's sake :p

who's next dave hughes?
It was cool to hate on Hughesy 5 years ago. I think it is okay to like him again now. Also Tim Minchin makes it really hard to hate him, very charming guy.

Made it back from a Cheese World and a Maritime Museum/Village in one piece. Fuck this tourist stuff. Gotta go back after dinner for a "lightshow extravaganza!!!". Would prefer to go to bed early.

Choc

Banned
if you want a clear indication as to why renovators is failing just look at friday nights episode

it was set in a 16 million dollar mansion in Sydney on the harbour, ie something so far beyond the reach of the common man its ridiculous.

It does not connect like masterchef does with common australia BECAUSE of stupidity like this.

Choc said:
if you want a clear indication as to why renovators is failing just look at friday nights episode

it was set in a 16 million dollar mansion in Sydney on the harbour, ie something so far beyond the reach of the common man its ridiculous.

It does not connect like masterchef does with common australia BECAUSE of stupidity like this.
Masterchef isn't exactly cooking steak and chips or spag bol

Choc said:

It is also on during The Block. Which was already wildly popular before Renovators came on to try and steal market share.

pieatorium said:
Masterchef isn't exactly cooking steak and chips or spag bol
Common people trying to cook professional level cooking though. Not like they were given anything that they couldn't have gotten at home (aside from the teaching of course).

Top Bottom