• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Clipper

Ydahs said:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_keP8xgKfxpY/SoKWLzZ9UyI/AAAAAAAAAFI/f56Cy2PAqxQ/s400/banana+fish.jpg

nightmares
Nightmares indeed...

Which is why I made it to fit avatar dimensions so our new friend can use it:
bananafish.png

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Song of ice fire whatever, book 3.1, 3.2 and 4 picked up for $11 each. Thanks big w!

I chickened out again asking cute eb girl how many times she has been hit on by nerds. I think it's mostly a strange as fuck question and a little personal.

I did pick up a cookie monster plush. Woo me

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
markot said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Were they all on special >.>?
I have no idea, they were just sitting there and I thought, let's check the price on em. $11.04 each. I think that's cheaper than bookdepo and quicker !

Check out your local if it isn't too far away

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
bananafish said:
ausgaf!
I am thinking about moving to sydney, and I would like advice from any sydneysiders here about southeast sydney, in terms of culture, where to live, how expensive it is, what to do etc. I am especially looking for anywhere from, say, Kingsgrove, to Rockdale up to Marrickville. I'll be making OK amount of money (50k/yr).

edit: picture of map didnt work

Thanks for any help!

I love you!

bumping this for the new kid

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Voice chat was also used last night in dirt 3, shocking i tells you.

I tend to stay away from voice chat since i mumble like a mother fucker. WTB a cure for it.

Fredescu said:
More people bought Virtual Boys than Jaguars and 32Xs? The Sega CD sold that many? Android tablets can't even muster the sales numbers of 3DO?

This is madness. MADNESS. I'll have you drawn and quartered for your outlandish lies, sir.

Fredescu

bananafish said:
I am thinking about moving to sydney, and I would like advice from any sydneysiders here about southeast sydney, in terms of culture, where to live, how expensive it is, what to do etc. I am especially looking for anywhere from, say, Kingsgrove, to Rockdale up to Marrickville. I'll be making OK amount of money (50k/yr).
If you're a hip and happening young person, the Marrickville area puts you in the Inner West, which is where hip and happening things happen, and cool people like Mar_ live. Don't let the locals hear you call it east sydney though.

Android media tablets have collectively taken 20% market share away from the iPad in the last 12 months.
http://www.abiresearch.com/press/37...blet+Market+Share+from+iPad+in+Last+12+Months

If iPads have sold 6m a quarter (24m), and Android tablets have taken 20% share, I guess we can assume 4.8m Android tablets in the past 12 months? Even half that figure is double what Fred posted...

markot said:
Doesnt help that android suckssssssssssss...
I quite like Android, and don't find iOS all that good. Horses for courses.

markot

Banned
I hate ios too ^_^ Symbian4lyfe!(well the rest of its life span anyway >.>)

I think the problem is, iPads are as cheap as the cheapest android tablets... so most people go for the apple, its been out longer, has more stuff, and has itunes which most people are locked to already.

IMO iPads are clearly the best tablets out there, even with my dislike of iOS (the hardware is pretty good though). The Galaxy Tab 10.1 seems pretty good but I haven't seen one in person yet.

markot

Banned
Jintor said:
Should I drop whatever 3 pounds is on a game i'll probably never play?
My steam library is fullllllll of games I will probably never play >_<

Mafia 2 isnt too long, and its pretty good story/character wise imo.

Oh the gameplay and driving is good too >.<

Salazar

Jintor said:

Yes.

Otherwise, to quote Joe,

"YOU'RE FUCKIN DEAD".

Play the game in order to hear your wonderful bro companion spout this line over and over and over again. It's kind of awesome.

r1chard

fffffuuuuuuuuu

So GAME just rang to tell me that my CE Skyrim preorder is no more. Apparently they're getting no CEs at all.

Stuff it, I'll pre-order and pre-load on Steam like I do with everything else.

jambo

codswallop said:
Wait, what's the source for that? There have only been 1.5m Android tablets sold? WTF? Apple are selling four times that a quarter.

I got bored halfway through making this, but you get the idea.

rYZb7.jpg

Jintor said:
Mafia 2 is what GTA 5 should crib its shooting from. So damn satisfying. Loved the game, shame that there wasn't any side content.

markot said:
Doesnt help that android suckssssssssssss...

Hopefully the Msoft tablet 8 stuff will be nice.
Loooooooooooooooove Android after getting my Galaxy S2. iOS is just too closed off and irritating, although it has been getting better. Love how easy it has been setting up cool stuff on my phone.

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
Loooooooooooooooove Android after getting my Galaxy S2. iOS is just too closed off and irritating, although it has been getting better. Love how easy it has been setting up cool stuff on my phone.

Always knew you were a smart man. Can't say much for markot however.

Frawdder

Part 2 of AusGAF's DiRT 3 shenanigans will be starting at about 8pm AEST. As always, join Steam chat if you want to play and even though Steam voice chat was fine last night we'll be using Mumble tonight so have that installed if you want to laugh along with us.

markot

Banned
The problem is that the price is too high, the software is still... well it needs alot of improvement, and it doesnt have the 'eco system' of Apple.

Frawdder said:
Part 2 of AusGAF's DiRT 3 shenanigans will be starting at about 8pm AEST. As always, join Steam chat if you want to play and even though Steam voice chat was fine last night we'll be using Mumble tonight so have that installed if you want to laugh along with us.
Recommend me a good headset and mic!

markot said:
The problem is that the price is too high, the software is still... well it needs alot of improvement, and it doesnt have the 'eco system' of Apple.
I thought the Android tablets were cheaper than iPads? Got my phone for free from Optus on the same cap that Telstra wanted me to pay $20MRO every month for 2 years. Fuck that noise. Also Optus cap includes way more calls and internet usage.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
hamchan said:
evlcookie engineer team dominated TF2 tonight!!

Fixed!

I kid. AusGAF did indeed dominate TF2, as expected I guess.

Dirt 3 should be happening soon as well for those who aren't in steam chat.

Bernbaum

reptilescorpio said:
You guys like Fugazi right? Forgot to tell everyone to check out the excellent Wugazi mashtape that was released last month. So very, very good.
Saw Wugazi doing the rounds on twitter over the last few weeks.

More people should listen to Ian Mackeye. He may be a non-drinking vegetarian (at odds with what I expect most people here are like) but his simple straight-forward values are grounding in a way that makes you want to be a better human.

Saw him play with his wife with The Evens in West End at a community centre and it was one of the most important gigs I've been to.

Search YouTube for a video of him defending the importance of all-ages concerts in Washington DC.

Fjord

Hey guys, quick question for you. I'm in Canada right now but my girlfriend and I will be heading to New Zealand in a few months to do our masters. How will this affect my Diablo 3. Will I be able to buy the NA version online and just play on those servers? Will it be some horrible scenario where I have to wait months until Oceania gets a release date?

Fjord said:
Hey guys, quick question for you. I'm in Canada right now but my girlfriend and I will be heading to New Zealand in a few months to do our masters. How will this affect my Diablo 3. Will I be able to buy the NA version online and just play on those servers? Will it be some horrible scenario where I have to wait months until Oceania gets a release date?
Answer's probably the same as always for us: We don't know.

Top Bottom