• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Now that I have the internet I can share this delightful easter egg I found in Infamous 2.

red-ringfuru.jpg

I especially enjoyed the "Repairs in only 12 weeks!" joke. Although I have had 2 rrod myself. :(

reptilescorpio said:
Common people trying to cook professional level cooking though. Not like they were given anything that they couldn't have gotten at home (aside from the teaching of course).
I think the bigger problem with any current reno shows is that they got guitar hero'd years ago when there was one or two per channel on. Cooking shows will probably be the same in five years time.

Choc

Banned
the difference is you can if you want as a home cook buy quality food ingredients and spend a bit but

1. its no where near as much as 16 million dollars

2. its no where near as risky

The fact is, they do not cook spag bol on Mchef, but what they cook (90%) is in reach of the common man if they put effort into it. Yes there is crazy shit with liquid nitrogen but other than that, its all cookable, if you are willing to try and pay a bit for the ingredients

owning a 16 million dollar home is so far beyond most humans its not funny.

Kerrby

Banned
Damn it Sydney, I dislike you more than ever. Just cost me 8 tips and a free whopper :(.

Seriously, who loses to Richmond :lol?

Finally moved all my junk into my new place, which is pretty nice, but I have worse tv reception than I did in western Queensland. I have to go and buy a god damn booster tomorrow. The fuck Ipswich? Pick up your game.

And its going to take tpg up to 20 days to connect my internet. Why? What do they have to do that can't be flicked on from an office? They're not installing the phone lines themselves. If only they didn't have such a good deal

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Choc said:
eat children. get in your car, go to the supermarket and buy nurofen migaraine

i suffer from them as well and that shit is magic.

My housemate has dosed me up on something which is working, but thanks, I'll pick some up next time I'm there for when the next one hits.

Its completely ruined my weekend, which was further ruined by indigestion and stomach issues all through Friday/Saturday.

Choc said:
since when do the dragons lose 4 in a row
I know right, they're done surely. Talk about losing momentum at the wrong time of the year. And with cronk and Blair hurt for Melbourne the finals are wife open. Anyone in the top 8 could win. Been a great season.

Choc said:
eat children. get in your car, go to the supermarket and buy nurofen migaraine

i suffer from them as well and that shit is magic.

There is little to no difference between Nurofen Migraine and plain old Nurofen, maybe try Nurofen Plus or Panafen Plus (generic) instead.

Trust me I'm a pharmacist
in training

Kerrby

Banned
Rezbit said:
What an insipid effort by the Swans today. Embarrassed to be a supporter.

You might not even make finals and I hope you don't for costing me a free whopper.

WHO LOSES TO RICHMOND! Ah well, 4th for West Coast :).

Also don't get Nurofen, get Mersyndol. That shit will knock you out but it does its job.

midonnay

FallbackPants said:
And its going to take tpg up to 20 days to connect my internet. Why? What do they have to do that can't be flicked on from an office? They're not installing the phone lines themselves. If only they didn't have such a good deal

doesn't work that way...

they make a request to Telstra to unbundle the local loop and then it gets done when it gets done. (mine took about 5 working days)

IInet also takes up to 20 days. They're piggybacking over someone else's infrastructure and Telstra don't always play fair. (I'm sure if you call telstra up and complained about your problems they'll say no worries, it'll be done in a couple of days :p )

ps: if by some miracle the NBN survives the next election, NBNco is aiming to cut time to churn to literally minutes apparently.

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/386244/nbn_co_aims_solve_activation_blame_game/

If all goes to plan with the National Broadband Network, internet service providers may no longer be able to use the age-old excuse of "It's Telstra's fault!" for activation delays. According to NBN Co’s industry integration manager, an uncomplicated activation should take no longer than five minutes.

Presenting to an industry information forum this week, Martin Pittard said “logical provisions” of NBN services to end users should not extend beyond five minutes under the wholesaler’s goal.

“Where there’s infrastructure at the end-user’s premise and all we’re doing is changing attributes on the network — there’s no physical workforce required — our goal is to turn up or activate that service in five minutes or less,” he said.

So vote Liberal...if you like waiting :)

FallbackPants said:
Finally moved all my junk into my new place, which is pretty nice, but I have worse tv reception than I did in western Queensland. I have to go and buy a god damn booster tomorrow. The fuck Ipswich? Pick up your game.

Signed up telstra for the phone on a Thursday. Line was active on Monday, called EFTel and signed up over the phone. Was up and running on Thursday. They were really helpful over the phone and on whirlpool. Couldnt be happier with them so far.

Jintor

Urgh

time to face up to my arch-nemesis

law readings

Guess I'll shower then start punching property/equity in the face until it shuts the fuck up

Bernbaum

Hot-damn. Watching Eddie Murphy's 'Raw' standup performance (a staple of anyone's university share-house upbringining) with people born after the eighties makes for some akward viewing. I remember this being hilarious, yet having to explain cultural references from another era is making it painful.

Choc

Banned
OneMoreQuestion said:
There is little to no difference between Nurofen Migraine and plain old Nurofen, maybe try Nurofen Plus or Panafen Plus (generic) instead.

Trust me I'm a pharmacist
in training

well, thats interesting. Not discrediting you :)

but for some reason with me at least, nurofen miagrane works and the other does not.

Jintor

At the very least law is helping me construct a damned impressive-looking law shelf on my bookcase. These textbooks are deadly.

jambo

Choc said:

but for some reason with me at least, nurofen miagrane works and the other does not.

Pardon the pun, but perhaps it's all in your head?

Rezbit

Ydahs said:
I HATE YOU. Looks more likely that it will be Saints v Essendon round one of the finals :'(

I will struggle to care from this point in! Swans ain't gonna beat Saints, or Geelong. Might beat Bears. No way of making finals. Don't deserve to really. Essendon just starting to get some good players back.

Also damn I need a new computer. Wondering if I should wait til Bulldozer comes out to see if it reduces the price on the intel shiz.

AusQB

Bernbaum said:
Hot-damn. Watching Eddie Murphy's 'Raw' standup performance (a staple of anyone's university share-house upbringining) with people born after the eighties makes for some akward viewing. I remember this being hilarious, yet having to explain cultural references from another era is making it painful.
Nothing else makes me laugh quite as hard as Raw. Every time I watch it, I literally almost die during the shitting bit. That and the houseburger.

Choc said:

Nurofen contains anti inflamitories too right? That might be what brings down the migrane. I know when the boy has a bad teething episode nurofen is great as it takes down the swelling.

Agyar

Choc said:

Nurofen Migraine is just another one of Nurofen's "specific treatment" products that are essentially all just higher doses of ibuprofen with a fancy label. Their tension headache, migraine, whatever ones are all just a 340-something mg dose of ibuprofen per tablet (as opposed to 200mg in a normal tablet). You could achieve the same thing by taking three normal, pharmacy-brand ibuprofen tablets and save some money.

At least Nurofen Plus contains Codeine, which is a muscle relaxant.

Finally set up Netflix, holy shite, why didn't I do this sooner. I go straight for the awesome documentaries while the fiancée goes for the Kardashians ;)

Sutton Dagger said:
Finally set up Netflix, holy shite, why didn't I do this sooner. I go straight for the awesome documentaries while the fiancée goes for the Kardashians ;)
That is why my friend. Slippery slope. Soon you will be engrossed in My Little Pony and quitting your job to write fan fiction.
Sorry MLP lovers, I don't mind it myself either.

reptilescorpio said:
That is why my friend. Slippery slope. Soon you will be engrossed in My Little Pony and quitting your job to write fan fiction.
Sorry MLP lovers, I don't mind it myself either.

Haha you're probably right.

Cohsae

OneMoreQuestion said:
Oh my! I'm studying at UQ. Where do you go to?
I'm down in Newcastle. In my last year. Currently going through the nightmare that is applying for hospital internships (or any internship tbh).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh hey, Theo wrote your preview. I had a hunch it would be him.

Top Bottom