• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

midonnay

legend166 said:
CCNA Part 1 exam booked in for Saturday September the 3rd.

Two weeks to study.

a spaced repetition flashcard system (SRS) is your friend. Tonnes of programs for iphone but I prefer just using Anki on my netbook. Awesome for last minute study if you put it in cram mode (or long term recollection if you keep at it).

http://ankisrs.net/

Shaneus

Hah yeah, read that. No idea if it was him or someone else behind my banning, tempted to shoot EviLore a PM just to ask. I have actually been keeping up-to-date with GAF, just in a more stalkerish/silent witness kinda way than normal.

Worst thing is having ALL my subscribed threads gone. Bastards.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I thought you had internets holy?

Also tf2 items for those who preordered dx3, where the fuck is my key greenmangaming! That will teach me to buy for a cheaper price.

Echoplx

evlcookie said:

Also tf2 items for those who preordered dx3, where the fuck is my key greenmangaming! That will teach me to buy for a cheaper price.

I asked them the other day and they said they usually get keys in time for pre-loads, but it's completely up to the publisher to give them the batch of keys.

Hopefully we will get them in time.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
evlcookie said:

woke up the nxt day and i didnt have it sigh

Omikron

When you have 1 beer and feel pretty tanked, I think it is a sign that you should probably go home and rest. Thoughts?

(Also, TM2 today, wahay.
if i can find time
)

VOOK said:
Fuck the future of the human race, seriously fuck them.
lookatthat.jpg

reptilescorpio said:
Also official 360 wireless controller and dongle for $38! Insanely cheap! Buy now! Works great! Do it now!
Is this the one that comes with an adapter to connect to the PC (and works with PC wirelessly)? Not really clear from the product page... My 360 controller seems to have developed a shittiness in the past couple of days so probably good timing as I want to use it on PC too.

codswallop said:
lookatthat.jpg

Is this the one that comes with an adapter to connect to the PC (and works with PC wirelessly)? Not really clear from the product page... My 360 controller seems to have developed a shittiness in the past couple of days so probably good timing as I want to use it on PC too.
Comes with the dongle. Oz bargains has more info.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
BEER!

Also official 360 wireless controller and dongle for $38! Insanely cheap! Buy now! Works great! Do it now!
Is that with a good d-pad or the shit one? My brother has a newish USB 360 controller with a black d-pad (not the transforming one) that shits all over my launch 360 one.

Edit: Looks like my brother has the Controller S (the one that comes with the slim, but he bought separately). D-pad is SO jelly.

Edit 2: Shit, all their 360 controllers are cheap! Might have to jump in on a transformer pad...

HolyCheck

so thismorning i called internode, got told the optus tech rebuilt the port at the exchange

got home called again to get them to reset it so i could connect, and they did.

to speeds of 100kbps.

and the maximum speed of my port is ~ 8MBps, does this sound like i'm just on an old adsl 1 port or what.

he's like "oh some times if you're so far away from the exchange it can make that happen"

"i'm 750m via cabling from the exchange, i should not be getting 8MBps on a 24MBps port..."
"HMMM!"

;_; now i dont know whats happening as he's gone to run some tests

Shaneus

If you're connecting at ADSL1 speeds, your modem should be able to tell you. It would definitely know whether it's connecting at ADSL1 or a shit ADSL2.

HolyCheck

Shaneus said:
If you're connecting at ADSL1 speeds, your modem should be able to tell you. It would definitely know whether it's connecting at ADSL1 or a shit ADSL2.

eh im not even worried about that atm.

i just want internet that goes above 200kbps, and doesnt disconnect after 12 hours and then not be able to reconnect until an optus tech rebuilds my port :(

edit:

DSL Speed (DS/US) 7783/124 Kbps

I'd say that's ADSL1 speeds!

Shaneus

I was more referring to the protocol. It should be somewhere on yer modem. Perhaps.

Be sure to suss out the Whirlpool forums, too. Fucking awesome for this stuff.

HolyCheck

Shaneus said:
I was more referring to the protocol. It should be somewhere on yer modem. Perhaps.

Be sure to suss out the Whirlpool forums, too. Fucking awesome for this stuff.

yeah i made a thread on there 1.5 months ago when this shit all started

i'm just over it atm, and i'm sick of chewing through so much credit every week calling people up to get this shit moving :(

HolyCheck said:
yeah i made a thread on there 1.5 months ago when this shit all started

i'm just over it atm, and i'm sick of chewing through so much credit every week calling people up to get this shit moving :(
Take that shit to the ACCC then. Get angry and get loud. Call up optus and rip shit through them. Only way to get anything done once they start dicking you around

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
VOOK said:
Fuck the future of the human race, seriously fuck them.

The human race doesn't have a future.

Artificial intelligence, on the other hand...

HolyCheck

reptilescorpio said:
Take that shit to the ACCC then. Get angry and get loud. Call up optus and rip shit through them. Only way to get anything done once they start dicking you around

i'm so over it now i'd rather just sit in the corner and cry myself to sleep

Echoplx

HolyCheck said:

Just ring up and get mad, TPG was taking months to set up my connection when I moved so I rang up one day and raged, the next day a tech came out and everything was up and running.

HolyCheck said:
Add me to your account access list and I can call up and confuse them to the point where they do whatever you want. It is pretty much the way I get my job done. People get so flustered by me that they get shit done.

hamchan said:
If we all get bored of Trackmania tonight we can add in some SC2 in as well.

lol just kidding, no one plays SC2 :-(
If only more people had Trackmania on the Wii, would love to play that online :(

(I do have Trackmania on PC, but I love the Wii version)

Shaneus

I forsee Vanquish, Bloodstone and maybe some Costume Quest in my weekend.

Costume Quest is seriously awesome, too. Pissed that I held off for a sale (that, even though had happened, I could never seem to catch).

EatChildren said:
The human race doesn't have a future.

Artificial intelligence, on the other hand...
All I can read is "go play de3 because it is super awesome spectacular"

Bought a few sparkling wines from Dan Murphys to test before our engagement party next weekend. Alcohol!

HolyCheck

3chopl0x said:
Just ring up and get mad, TPG was taking months to set up my connection when I moved so I rang up one day and raged, the next day a tech came out and everything was up and running.

yeh but who the hell would I ring, internode have been nothing but helpful during this, and I know their procedures in regards to techs (have a friend that works there) and theres nothing they can do half the time because optus / telstra wont do shit unless all the tests have been ran within the last 48 hours. and yeh they do that then optus or telstra always want me to be home. when i work full time. then the cunts come at 7am and leave by 8am. fuckers when i've taken the entire day off gah!

Shaneus said:
I forsee Vanquish, Bloodstone and maybe some Costume Quest in my weekend.

Costume Quest is seriously awesome, too. Pissed that I held off for a sale (that, even though had happened, I could never seem to catch).
We really should have hung out sometime. Also grabbed costume quest this week and it is so nice! It is like Precipice of Darkness made by the dotting child of one of the psychonauts developers. So refreshing.

Also Vanquish feels so solid to play, an old school shooter based around twitch reflexs and pure fun.

I also really enjoyed Bloodstone even though it was obviously given a tiny dev window. Decent polish of a very basic game. The word I would describe it with is workmanlike. Gets the job done but doesnt impress in any way.

Shaneus

Bloodstone was the best pick out of an average bunch of games that had absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever. The one thing that stood out for me about it more than anything else was that it's Bizarre. They've had some interesting game concepts but I've always loved their design.

I figured that for (essentially) a tenner, I really couldn't say no. Vanquish and BS are my attempts to start finishing games due to the fact that they're short so they should be better at holding my interest until I clock them. Kinda like comparing True Lies to Dances With Wolves, I guess.

Edit: Fuck you, PS3. Vanquish disc in... INSTALLING.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Wait I dont get that analogy. Doesnt True Lies go for like 2 and a half riveting hours?
Shit. Um... it only feels like one and a half. Fuck.

I'll get back to you on that one.*

probably not

Holy shit, Tycho is writing the script for Scrolls? Cant wait to see if Bethesda turn up to pax!

Also early de3 release please steam! Console pirates already get to play it!

Shaneus said:
Shit. Um... it only feels like one and a half. Fuck.

I'll get back to you on that one.*

probably not
141 brilliant minutes my friend. They fly by though, such a perfectly paced action movie. Would have loved to see them make another movie.

50 first dates was truely Adam Sandlers last enjoyable movie.

Top Bottom