• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

midonnay

Choc said:
channel 7 has a camera constantly fixated on the 9 helipads around the country, to follow them whereever they go

sneaky

also according to hugh rimington the news director quit in protest but channel nine spun it as him taking responsibility for the debacle (even though he was away from work)

jambo

Marshmellow said:
GAF SHIRTS HO!

Still waiting for mine to arrive

jtZ1e.png
rKnKP.png
ZMxEX.png
SfBvo.png

How long did it take for yours to arrive Marsh? Mine shipped on the 5th of August.

legend166

Choc said:
I think channel 9 Brisbane is a disgrace. They were doing what they were told to do, i guarantee it was the producer who told them to do it and they haven't been sacked......

It's not like the producer was going NO NO NO NO DONT DO THAT and they still did it :| they wouldn't do that, they aren't fucking stupid.

I reckon the kid should go to fairwork aus and he will probably win, easily.

You really think the guy wanted to say oh hi im over the search site, when he really wasn't.

Also in a way Channel 7 has to be called into question here. Did they really have to go all out and put it in the public or could they have rung 9 and said look we're onto you, don't do it again.

it's just a measure of how fucking shit the media is in this country. Dog eat dog rather than giving a fuck about the publics interest

The News Director resigned, and the producer was sacked.

jambo said:
Still waiting for mine to arrive
How long did it take for yours to arrive Marsh? Mine shipped on the 5th of August.

Not sure when mine shipped. I would assume same-ish date to yours seeing as we placed our orders on the same day. i only got 2 though. maybe expect them tonight?

jambo said:
I just realised, every single shirt I ordered says neogaf :lol

Subtle

I was going to wear my simple neoGAF one but i decided to wear the epic design one instead, to be a little more subtle at work. i only just realized while standing at the printer though that the GAF symbol is in fact in the design. good times

Shaneus said:
That second one is pretty awesome, actually. What was the total price after shipping for the two?

Cost me $40 for the 2 shirts Shaneus inc shipping etc.
Also just confirmed they were sent on the 5th of August Jambo

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I need a new job, anyone got any serious ideas for what I should look into?

I'm guessing I will just stick to warehousing but bleh, wish I had real fucking skills and an idea for what I would like to do with my life.

The rest of your life will get in the way of you figuring out what you want to do with it. Just figure out things that you like to do, and when "work" doesn't feel like work, and pursue that.

"Just", he says, like it's easy.

Jintor

God fucking damn I hate interviewing people

More specifically, I hate interviewing people outside of gaming because then I will have to expose the fact that I'm a goddamn idiot

jambo

Thinking of importing an ASUS Eee Pad Transformer from Amazon.com.

I can get the tablet part for $400 AUD shipped to Adelaide, or $430 AUD and shipped to Adelaide by next Thursday!

For some reason the keyboard part says it can't ship to my address even though it says to pick International shipping on the product information page =\

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Someone did ask about the cheapest place to pick up a PS3, Did we have an answer?

Friend of mine is looking to buy one today, I want to make sure she gets the best deal around.

As for job stuff. I guess i have an IT background, Did a degree of bullshit in tafe for computing and i've been working in warehouse for the past 3 years. Warehouse does have some super basic technical shit as well, it's a job with 10 different requirements, so i'm a jack of all trades and master of none.

Fusebox

Banned
Probably not the proxy, you should tell your IT dept to reload their firewall config.

But don't do that, you'll lose access to facebook and youtube!

Choc said:
Also in a way Channel 7 has to be called into question here. Did they really have to go all out and put it in the public or could they have rung 9 and said look we're onto you, don't do it again.
lol. No way man, gotta make the competition look like shit as much as possible. They aren't journalists out to make the world a better informed place! They are there to make a profit just like every other business. If they can live to see Channel 9 die a horrible death the people over at 7 would be huddled in a room, watching on the monitor, pleasuring themselves with glee.

Bernbaum said:
Today I got given something very special that very few people get to enjoy.

I didn’t want it, but it’s what I got. There was something very similar which I was hoping to get, which wasn’t any more or less special, but because I had my heart set on that, this morning’s gift is a disappointment. I am very upset for several reasons, partly because it’s what not what I wanted and partly because of the realisation that a year a ago I would have been thrilled with either opportunity and I have to now deal with being a terrible self-absorbed arsehole who’s gotten used to getting what he wants. I don’t want to be an adult anymore – I lack the proper experience and will happily accept a demotion.
Sounds like you are annoyed that people are listening to you but not paying attention to what you say. Like if you go on and on about how awesome an iPad is and you end up getting a Galaxy Tab for your birthday. They are giving you 50% attention but you deserve 100%. Nothing wrong with that my friend. If you know what you want and make it known to all then anything less than that must be justified to you in such a way that the alternative supplied is a better solution.
Or did you want a Soy Chai Latte from Gloria Jeans but found out that they had changed supplier so now it contains gluten and dairy? In that case it might be time to shop elsewhere my friend. Elsewhere indeed.

jambo said:
Missed my bus this morning, then when the next one came I realised that I'd left my wallet at home -__-
Man today has just been a shit day. I think it has just been a long week so everything has magnified today. Got a splitting migrane myself from a head cold and I rarely get sick, let alone have a headache. Just think, tomorrow is the weekend and you can get as drunk as you want tonight!

Choc said:
channel 7 has a camera constantly fixated on the 9 helipads around the country, to follow them whereever they go
Reactive rather than proactive journalism. Smart and cost effective. They may not be first at the site but they will certainly only be 2 minutes behind. After all, these days the first with the news will be something off twitter anyway.

Yagharek

evlcookie said:
Someone did ask about the cheapest place to pick up a PS3, Did we have an answer?

Friend of mine is looking to buy one today, I want to make sure she gets the best deal around.

As for job stuff. I guess i have an IT background, Did a degree of bullshit in tafe for computing and i've been working in warehouse for the past 3 years. Warehouse does have some super basic technical shit as well, it's a job with 10 different requirements, so i'm a jack of all trades and master of none.

Ever thought of seeing what the big logistics companies do? There's a good chance for some good money in that I would have thought?

evlcookie said:

Seems like everyone is selling at $300.

Maybe try getting into the Logistic industry, great pay and pretty cushy. They are lazy buggers too. Might get to sit in a warehouse handling in-and-out business. Would love to get back into it, plenty of room to move up and great pays at the top. Plus with direct selling and internet retail on the rise it will only grow larger.

Also cod is right, organise your life first and choose a job that will allow you to keep that life going.

Edit: Vince is indeed a smart cookie.

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
Or did you want a Soy Chai Latte from Gloria Jeans but found out that they had changed supplier so now it contains gluten and dairy? In that case it might be time to shop elsewhere my friend. Elsewhere indeed.

Not if it was the last joint on earth.

Jintor

Bastion soundtrack stuck in head.

I actually sang a couple of songs to myself to calm myself down before my driving test yesterday. It helped.

Fusebox

Banned
Gloria Jeans, lol.... Anyone who dodges their local barista just to pay $5 so some untrained 15 year old can make that shit they call coffee needs their fucking head read. You are part of the problem.

Yagharek

Hey, reptile beaten to the punch for once :p

another suggestion is that if you can, take up an online course from a proper institution on a subject you love. Might be that a job that affords you some free/flexible time without imposed stress of the job itself could give you the chance to find a way into where you really want to be.

You may need to be prepared to move interstate though. I had to, since the job market in Tasmania is depressed unless you can carve apples out of huon pine.

Fusebox said:
Gloria Jeans, lol.... Anyone who dodges their local barista just to pay $5 so some untrained 15 year old can make that shit they call coffee needs their fucking head read. You are part of the problem.
Eh instant coffee tastes fine to me. No need to get someone with an arts degree to smash one up for me.

elfinke

jambo said:
That second one is awesome.

Did anyone end up submitting any AusGAF designs?

EDIT: First CS:GO images are out, do want!

Seeing those, reading the press release and watching the IGN trailer has me actually pining for some CS. I haven't played in several PC generations.

Cohsae

reptilescorpio said:
Eh instant coffee tastes fine to me. No need to get someone with an arts degree to smash one up for me.
It tastes rubbish and you just don't realise. One day you'll have a good coffee and then you will see the light.

Salazar said:
Hey man, what the fuck ?
Joke post. Like everyone who works at Maccas has an arts degree. My point was that I am perfectly capable of making myself a coffee. It may not taste fancy but it serves its purpose. If I want a quick coffee while out shopping with the family we will go to Gloria Jeans or whatever is available.

RandomVince said:
another suggestion is that if you can, take up an online course from a proper institution on a subject you love. Might be that a job that affords you some free/flexible time without imposed stress of the job itself could give you the chance to find a way into where you really want to be.
Highy recommend this too if you have spare time. Even just trying to get some stuff on-line is a great idea and puts you ahead of the curve.

Fusebox

Banned
reptilescorpio said:

You aren't missing anything man, there really isn't much of a gap between instant coffee and Gloria Jeans coffee. It's like trying to figure out which sucks worse between Maccas and Hungry Jacks.

reptilescorpio said:
Joke post. Like everyone who works at Maccas has an arts degree. My point was that I am perfectly capable of making myself a coffee. It may not taste fancy but it serves its purpose. If I want a quick coffee while out shopping with the family we will go to Gloria Jeans or whatever is available.

Oh, I thought you were being serious, but it turns out you just have no taste buds.

Yagharek

I boycott Gloria Jeans on philosophical principles not because their coffee is rubbish. I would go to maccas over gj any day of the week.

But I only get real coffee. Only concern is that its ground on site and not burnt. Speaking of which, NEVER buy coffee at etihad stadium.

Fusebox said:
Oh, I thought you were being serious, but it turns out you just have no taste buds.
Eh, I had a mate at Uni who was into making his own specially brewed coffee which was nice at the time. At this point in my life though coffee is usually to counter for a lack of sleep brought on by a screaming child so it is more the general coffee taste/kick that I am looking for. If I want a comforting drink I will grab a bottle of Vanilla Coke. Or some beer.
I also don't give a shit if I drink light milk or full cream milk with my drinks, light or not cheese with a sandwich, and 2ply toilet paper is fine by me.

Fusebox

Banned
Do GJ's still sponsor Hillsong?

reptilescorpio said:
Eh, I had a mate at Uni who was into making his own specially brewed coffee which was nice at the time. At this point in my life though coffee is usually to counter for a lack of sleep brought on by a screaming child so it is more the general coffee taste/kick that I am looking for.

No offence, but I don't believe you. Nobody can go from amazing barista coffee back to paying $5 for some fucked up burnt shit from Gloria Jeans.

Fredescu

Fusebox said:
No offence, but I don't believe you. Nobody can go from amazing barista coffee back to paying $5 for some fucked up burnt shit from Gloria Jeans.
He can't tell the different between 2 ply toilet paper and cheese on his sandwhich. I think telling the difference between two of the same types of food is getting a little advanced.

RandomVince said:
Speaking of which, NEVER buy anything at etihad stadium.
Fixed. So insanely expensive and low quality. I don't mind paying a premium for quality but man, so shitty. Try and scam a members pass off a mate to make the beer intake worthwhile. $6 for a mid strength beer? What a joke.

Yagharek

Fusebox said:
Do GJ's still sponsor Hillsong?

Dunno if they still do, but that and their family planning front group turned me off for good. I'll happily support a friendly independent café any day.

Fusebox said:
I ain't no Amirox man. Also the latte from Gloria Jeans with 2 sugars tastes okay. Does the job. It is purchased to give a little bit of a kick and be warm in my belly. Would prefer a hot Milo honestly. I have also gotten a lot tighter with my money so spending money on a ridiculous coffee isn't in my budget.
A little place here does a $2 latte on the way to work which is nice but I can't be arsed leaving home 5 minutes earlier.

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
I ain't no Amirox man. Also the latte from Gloria Jeans with 2 sugars tastes okay. Does the job. It is purchased to give a little bit of a kick and be warm in my belly. Would prefer a hot Milo honestly. I have also gotten a lot tighter with my money so spending money on a ridiculous coffee isn't in my budget.
A little place here does a $2 latte on the way to work which is nice but I can't be arsed leaving home 5 minutes earlier.

I can't stand Gloria Jeans coffee, nor can I stand that they give lots of money to weird pentecostal churches.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Coffe makes me vomit and shit myself. I don't even have to drink it either, some walks past and it's BLRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

legend166

I know the guy (well, not really. He's a friend of an acquaintance) who like, invents Gloria Jeans drinks or something. He invented the Vanilla Chiller. His tongue is insured for one million dollars. True story.

Also, as someone who doesn't drink coffee, I'm going to come out and say that coffee snobs are the absolute most annoying people ever.

markot

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
Is Steam a seperate division to Valve now days? Just wonder how much Gabe et al are involved in the day to day running of Steam since it has taken off so much.
Nah, they are still a small team really >_<

Top Bottom