• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
God dammit. I just spend 20 minutes dicking around and yelling at realtek drivers since my right front speaker wasn't working but then after a driver update it started working but everything else wasn't.

Uninstalled it all and threw in my old audigy2zs card, went to check the back of the speaker hub to see which coloured plugs went into front, rear, center / sub. Noticed the front plug was half sticking out.

Oh well D:

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution has an email you can find from
John Howard

Lols were had.

Fogz

bodyboarder said:
Poor diddums. I'd swap my 45min train ride for a 5 minute drive in an instant.

And so would every other sane person I would imagine. Good thing I wasn't actually whinging then hey.

If you're so close to the office, why don't you walk or ride?

The wife is 3km from work, and she still drives daily. 2.6km if she'd walk or ride.

Jintor

I have finally acquired a PS3, marking this as the first generation where I have had all three dueling competitors under one roof

Technically I guess I need a PSP but the Vita's so close now!

Immediately traded in the included games for Vanquish and... uh... Hyperdimensional Neptunia for reasons I'm not really clear about other than the fact that SoTD is already on order.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I respect any man who buys Vanquish and Shadows of the Damned.

Kerrby

Banned
jambo said:
=\

Geelong have been in 3 of the last 4 Grand Finals and won 2 of them.

They'll do fine come finals.

That means nothing.

St Kilda have been in the past 4 grand finals and they're shit this year.

Shaneus

Yeah, not worried about the Cats. Given that second place on the ladder is impossible to lose (and was so before this match), I'm guessing they were probably resting players (or not trying). I'm saying that not knowing anything about the match, but if their spot is secure then there's no harm in them taking it easy up to the finals.

Ydahs

Just bought a Lenovo laptop. Valued at $1100, but has a $300 cash back so it has a lot of value.

BUT two things which I'm annoyed at. No HDMI and no numpad. The latter I can live with but lacking HDMI?! Dissapointing :(

Has a i5 2540m which is apparently a very good CPU, though it also has a Intel HD 3000, so I guess no Dolphin emulation for me.

Shaneus

HDMI was one of my major wanted features of a laptop when replacing my old Eee 900. Thankfully I found out about the new AMD Fusion chipsets which all do hardware-decoding on high-def stuff and most have HDMI as well. It's like a portable media center with a screen!

Gotta do your research pretty thoroughly as far as laptops go. I had to get one imported from the 'States just to get an 11.6" that didn't have a fucking glossy screen.

Ydahs

Shaneus said:
HDMI was one of my major wanted features of a laptop when replacing my old Eee 900. Thankfully I found out about the new AMD Fusion chipsets which all do hardware-decoding on high-def stuff and most have HDMI as well. It's like a portable media center with a screen!

Gotta do your research pretty thoroughly as far as laptops go. I had to get one imported from the 'States just to get an 11.6" that didn't have a fucking glossy screen.
Yeah, shouldn't have assumed HDMI is standard in laptops today. I mean, this thing has impressive hardware and an impressive screen, but it looks like a fair bit of corners were cut to make it so cheap. Ugly casing and not many ports.

VGA to HDMI cables look pretty expensive too.

Kritz

Banned
The Nerf thing I went to was really fun, and surprisingly tiring. We went to Knocklofty, which is a nature reserve a bit past West Hobart. We had about 14 guys show up, I think, and about twice that many guns. We played some CTF for a bit, which wore most of us out by the end because the two bases were quite a distance apart and the terrain between the two was pretty rough and hilly. I think we were all surprised nobody got seriously injured - a few falls and cuts, and a whole lot of possum poop on our clothes.

After CTF we played some regular death match, and to finish it off we did a Zombie game type. Being a public area, we did encounter a few other people who quickened their pace and averted their eyes when they saw this platoon of nerds with plastic guns running up and down the forest. One woman was walking down a path into the area we'd set up as a base - an abandoned shop or something. Once she saw the 5-6 of us defending the area, with guns set up all around the area, she turned right around and started walking the other way. That was kind of funny.

I recorded one of the final deathmatch games we had after I'd been taken out. It's super stupid and I didn't pay much attention to how well I was holding my phone.

General nerd stupidity

Probably spent a bit too much calling people today to keep contact with everyone, too.

Shaneus

Ydahs said:
VGA to HDMI cables look pretty expensive too.
Yup, because they convert an analog signal to digital. Won't have audio, either.

Your best option (I'd think) would be to see if there's some kind of USB video card thing that can output video and audio via HDMI. Certainly not outside the realms of possibility.

Ydahs

Shaneus said:
Yup, because they convert an analog signal to digital. Won't have audio, either.

Your best option (I'd think) would be to see if there's some kind of USB video card thing that can output video and audio via HDMI. Certainly not outside the realms of possibility.
Hmm, the ones with audio are also fairly expensive.

Found this one: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Xtreamer...973?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa8fefc7d

I'll be willing to buy one < $100, but what I'm really considered about is the lag.

Yagharek

Shaneus said:
Yeah, not worried about the Cats. Given that second place on the ladder is impossible to lose (and was so before this match), I'm guessing they were probably resting players (or not trying). I'm saying that not knowing anything about the match, but if their spot is secure then there's no harm in them taking it easy up to the finals.

Its not impossible for hawks to get 2nd, they have an easy game next week and if geelong get thrashed then they will be risking 3rd.

But all that means is wearing white shorts at the mcg instead of blue in week 1 of the finals.

I support Geelong.

(because my house is on Geelong Road :p )

I used to support the Western Bulldogs first, because their stadium is right next to my house. But alas, the dogs never win.

Yagharek

DeathJr said:
I support Geelong.

(because my house is on Geelong Road :p )

I used to support the Western Bulldogs first, because their stadium is right next to my house. But alas, the dogs never win.

Hey, I used to live in Barkly st two years ago. Some awesome Thai and Indian places down in West Footscray.

Ydahs

More footy discussion going on in here than in the AFL thread.

Anyway, turns out my laptop has a displayport. All I need is a simple displayport to HDMI and I'm set :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Principal Skinner: Superintendent, I hope you're ready for mouth-watering hamburgers.
Superintendant Chalmers: I thought we were having steamed clams.
Principal Skinner: Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
Superintendant Chalmers: You call hamburgers steamed hams.
Principal Skinner: Yes, it's a regional dialect.
Superintendant Chalmers: Uh-huh. What region?
Principal Skinner: Uh, upstate New York.
Superintendant Chalmers: Really. Well, I'm from Utica and I never heard anyone the phrase, "steamed hams."
Principal Skinner: Oh, not in Utica, no; it's an Albany expression.
Superintendant Chalmers: I see.
[Chalmers takes a bite of the "steamed ham"]
Superintendant Chalmers: You know, these hamburgers are quite similar to the ones they have at Krusty Burger.
Principal Skinner: Oh, no, patented Skinner Burgers. Old family recipe.
Superintendant Chalmers: For steamed hams.
Principal Skinner: Yes
Superintendant Chalmers: Yes, and you call them steamed hams despite the fact that they are obviously grilled.
[shows Skinner the grill marks]
Principal Skinner: Uh... you know... one thing I sh -... 'scuse me for one second.

Kerrby

Banned
midonnay said:
phew, how the hell did they get away with that?

hopefully coxy is alright

We win, top 4 spot cemented. I want to see the mad Carlton supporters faces now.

Who would've thought Masten would ever get BOG too!

Choc

Banned
Wallabies_logo.gif

FUCK YEAH

Yet again NZ just before a World Cup is starting to choke.

Ydahs

Well shit. DreamSpark does not work with Melbourne Uni anymore. It's still registered, but it looks like DreamSpark is still looking for the old @ugrad.unimelb.edu.au email and not the new email address when they migrated other the summer. Getting an invalid email address erro...

Me wants Visual Studio :(

Top Bottom