• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Shaneus

So, I've decided to buy a hard copy of the Bastion soundtrack. Do I get it signed by the composer or leave it clean? The cover artwork is so fucking amazing:
3082599919-1.jpg

I can't make my own decisions :/

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rahk / Legend. New firmware for the M4

http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives-SSD/Crucial-M4-Firmware-0009-Update-and-Feedback-Thread/td-p/61109

elfinke

So damn glad to see sunshine this morning after the pissy rain yesterday - will be able to get a round of 18 in this afternoon!

Clipper

To jambo and any other Star Wars and LEGO nerds out there... It's available :D. I'll wait until September to order, I think, to go for a better free gift model (currently some stupid jetpack guy).

For those that might be interested, I believe HopShopGo is the better shipping option than Shipito in this case, mostly due to the elimination of sales tax, and definitely much cheaper than the ordering from the Aussie LEGO store. Shipping might be something like $100, but I'm not sure as it's very dependent on size of the box rather than weight. I'll post how much my shipping when I order in a few days, so perhaps wait until then :).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Shaneus said:
So, I've decided to buy a hard copy of the Bastion soundtrack. Do I get it signed by the composer or leave it clean? The cover artwork is so fucking amazing:
3082599919-1.jpg

Yes. yes you do

I hate Sunday hangovers. I am enjoying a lunch of a pancake with ice cream and chocolate syrup, and am craving greasy, disgusting food. Time to feel sorry for myself and play Deus Ex until I can't concentrate anymore.

Shaneus

HolyCheck said:
Yes. yes you do
Thanks... I think! I ended up ordering the signed one. As much as I love the artwork, having it autographed is just a little bit sweeter.

For other folk on here, if there are any left it only works out to be $17.50AUD to get a signed copy of the OST shipped here! Ridiculously cheap for what it is.

midonnay

they showed on Offsiders the footage of Brad scott in the coach's booth as the kangas embarrassed themselves. Wouldn't want to be in the changerooms afterwards.

HolyCheck

Shaneus said:
Thanks... I think! I ended up ordering the signed one. As much as I love the artwork, having it autographed is just a little bit sweeter.

For other folk on here, if there are any left it only works out to be $17.50AUD to get a signed copy of the OST shipped here! Ridiculously cheap for what it is.

No probleemo! A piece like that is genuine coffee table discussion material!

Speaking of material, I've just got my Wii hooked up and plugged it in, checked the Calender, last time I played it was Sepember 28th 2008.

What have I missed? what are the must haves?

Yagharek

HolyCheck said:
No probleemo! A piece like that is genuine coffee table discussion material!

Speaking of material, I've just got my Wii hooked up and plugged it in, checked the Calender, last time I played it was Sepember 28th 2008.

What have I missed? what are the must haves?

Xenoblade, Mario Galaxy 2, NSMB Wii, Donkey Kong Country, Monster Hunter Tri, Muramasa, No More Heroes 2, Tatsunoku vs Capcom, World of Goo (wiiware), Little Kings Story, Trackmania, Sin and Punishment 2, Kirbys Epic Yarn, Hydroventure (wiiware), Swords and Soldiers (wiiware), Goldeneye, Wii Sports Resort (archery), A Boy and his Blob, Metroid other M (YMMV), Silent Hill Shattered Memories, The Sky Crawlers, Rune Factory Frontier, House of the Dead Overkill (too hot for PS3), Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Klonoa, Endless Ocean 2.

That's a decent list to start from.

edit: Batman Brave and the Bold

HolyCheck

RandomVince said:
Xenoblade, Mario Galaxy 2, NSMB Wii, Donkey Kong Country, Monster Hunter Tri, Muramasa, No More Heroes 2, Tatsunoku vs Capcom, World of Goo (wiiware), Little Kings Story, Trackmania, Sin and Punishment 2, Kirbys Epic Yarn, Hydroventure (wiiware), Swords and Soldiers (wiiware), Goldeneye, Wii Sports Resort (archery), A Boy and his Blob, Metroid other M (YMMV), Silent Hill Shattered Memories, The Sky Crawlers, Rune Factory Frontier, House of the Dead Overkill (too hot for PS3), Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Klonoa, Endless Ocean 2.

That's a decent list to start from.

edit: Batman Brave and the Bold

Awesome, thank's for that :D I've made a list on my desktop to look into now!

I also noticed after 3 years of not using my wii there are only 2 more channels.. and like.. 10 more games in the wii shop...ffs nintendo

Jintor

I love that everyone in China in DX:HR actually speaks Chinese. That's dedication! It's not brilliantly acted, a little too formal, but I really appreciate the effort.

Yagharek

No worries, I'll add some more if I think of them.

Final Fantasy 3 (US) and Chrono Trigger, Ogre Battle SNES and Ogre Battle 64, and Super Mario RPG are all on the VC store too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There exists no good reason to not purchase Human Revolution.

EatChildren said:
Suda51 signed my copy of Killer7.
Yeah, I'm bragging.
Not to get Kamiya to sign your copy of Shadows of the Damned.
/joking

Shaneus said:

Since the composer is so damn awesome I would always say get it signed. In situations where you have no idea who the composer is then go without as their signature wouldn't hold much weight to you anyway.

EatChildren said:
There exists no good reason to not purchase Human Revolution.
I'm going overseas in less than a week and wouldn't be able to play it.

Except I'll just buy it when I return. Fingers crossed it drops in price between now and then.

Megadrive said:
Waiting for a sale?
$28 on PC before launch from GreenManGaming. Just pre-ordered Arkham City for $28 as well. Here is my affiliate link where if you start a new account you we will both get $5 credit. You can abuse this system to get $5 off any game until you run out of email addresses you can use.

Link for the OST purchase Shaneus?

Shaneus

No problemo! I need to put more time into Bastion but I knew I loved the music when I heard the style it was in. It's not shipping for another week or so, but it'll be a nice surprise.

Yagharek

HolyCheck said:
Awesome, thank's for that :D I've made a list on my desktop to look into now!

I also noticed after 3 years of not using my wii there are only 2 more channels.. and like.. 10 more games in the wii shop...ffs nintendo

Couple more suggestions:

Epic Mickey
Boom Blox
Cave Story (wiiware)
Madworld (platinum games)
Anno Dawn of Discovery
de Blob
Red Steel 2
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
Disaster: Day of Crisis (so bad its good - by bad read 'cheesy take off of all B grade action movies. Game itself plays quite well)

markot

Banned
Good luck finding most of those games >_< Mush like the DS, the quality titles are replaced by the shovelware on the shelves way too fast... then it becomes an awful hunt for gems in a sea of turds....

AusQB

Help AusGAF.

I'm a Bigpond Cable customer in Perth and had been experiencing considerable slowdowns and frequent disconnections yesterday and this morning. After looking at the modem's control panel, I decided there might be something messing with the coaxial cable, so I disconnected it, waited a while and then plugged it back in. Now, however, the modem does not seem to boot up. All the correct lights are coming on, but the status for all the procedures in the control panel say "In Progress" and obviously there is no Internet connection.

The modem is a Netgear CG814WG.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working now.

It's still ridiculously slow for some reason.

Yagharek

markot said:
Good luck finding most of those games >_< Mush like the DS, the quality titles are replaced by the shovelware on the shelves way too fast... then it becomes an awful hunt for gems in a sea of turds....

Easy enough on ebay.

Jintor

I can't remember the specific logic, but I seem to recall it making me nod in agreement when I heard it, only for the feeling to fade once I exited the room, in a "Hey, wait a minute" kind of way...

reptilescorpio said:
$28 on PC before launch from GreenManGaming. Just pre-ordered Arkham City for $28 as well. Here is my affiliate link where if you start a new account you we will both get $5 credit. You can abuse this system to get $5 off any game until you run out of email addresses you can use.

I will check this out when I get time. Thanks rep

reptilescorpio said:

Wait why does Batman and Deus Ex show up at 42.45 and 49.99 for me at GMG? Am I doing something wrong? :/

Top Bottom