• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Bernbaum

MrSerrels said:
EB are expanding their Vendor Show and opening up to the public.

They're going to sell tickets. Pretty smart move.
Was talking about this to a friend in EB corporate over the weekend.

Their long-term plan is to turn it into Australia's E3.

Omikron

evlcookie said:
Maybe valve doesn't like people constantly gifting, my latest one is now under review lol.

My guess is they are under pressure from publishers etc to maintain regional pricing. :p

Choc said:
yes but given sony gave the green light to online passes through their systems (like MS did) they should surely see that particular section as crucial in the system

its just going to cause publishers headaches that they do not need. THQ is about to launch a few games that have the online pass....

Bringing it online slowly is a good idea, a very good idea but they need to manage it right.

Remember, MK launched AFTER PSN shutdown. MK has an online pass......

So it is a good idea but it isn't? ;)

No doubt they think all their old functioanlity is crucial... giving clients less than what they had before is an absolute no-no in any software development sphere. I just think the cautious approach to bringing it online is most definitely the right approach.

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
THEN.

THEY.

WAIT.

They've caught on, head for the border evl!

look at the reaction in the sony hack thread to the news the online passes wont work until the end of May

people are pissed.

Omikron

Choc said:
look at the reaction in the sony hack thread to the news the online passes wont work until the end of May

people are pissed.

People are stupid though and would be more annoyed if Sony had to take the network down again due to a network breaking bug and/or security hole.

jambo

Choc said:

people are pissed.

That's nice, but I very much doubt Sony are able to just throw the whole network back up at once and they aren't just because they don't feel like it.

These things take time, and I'm much happier with limited network access that will be expanded in the coming weeks, instead of no network access until the end of May.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
How strange that this last purchase still hasn't gone through yet. Money hasn't even been taken out of my paypal account either.

Curse you valve, What are you doing to me. People just want games!

So hot pursuit and underground are looking tempting for racing fun and ausgaf game nights. Any real reason to pick up shift if I'm grabbing the other two?

jambo

FreeFallin' said:
So hot pursuit and underground are looking tempting for racing fun and ausgaf game nights. Any real reason to pick up shift if I'm grabbing the other two?

I take it you mean Undercover, and if you do, don't get it. It's a terrible game compared to Shift and Hot Pursuit.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
bodyboarder said:
Out of curiosity how many have you gifted?

Only 3, It crapped out on the third. Im thinking maybe it's a paypal issue or something. Hopefully it goes through within the next hour.

Bernbaum

Catching up on the Bombcast. Currently listening to the first show following Patrick Klepek's appointment to the news team.

I like the element he brings to the show. The Bombcast is at its most enjoyable when they've had guests on board and it isn't the core four regulars just going through the motions. Discussion has been lively and enthusiastic and has reinvigorated my interest in the Podcast. I don't use Giantbomb.com as go-to news source (and probably won't) but look forward to seeing what Klepek does with it.

Mar

Bernbaum said:
Catching up on the Bombcast. Currently listening to the first show following Patrick Klepek's appointment to the news team.

I like the element he brings to the show. The Bombcast is at its most enjoyable when they've had guests on board and it isn't the core four regulars just going through the motions. Discussion has been lively and enthusiastic and has reinvigorated my interest in the Podcast. I don't use Giantbomb.com as go-to news source (and probably won't) but look forward to seeing what Klepek does with it.

Klepek is great. As much as I like the Bombcast they are very much the best of a mediocre bunch. Klepek adds a good dynamic to the team and new energy. He's also a hell of a news reporter (though like you, I don't read Giant Bomb's news).

The only podcast I genuinely get excited for is the Eurogamer podcast, but only when Ellie Gibson is on it. She's utterly hilarious. Without her it's a little sombre.

Jintor

Sat in on an interview with Randy Pitchford yesterday, then walked two blocks down the road and got wasted with a bunch of PCPP contributors

Bernbaum

Mar said:
Klepek is great. As much as I like the Bombcast they are very much the best of a mediocre bunch. Klepek adds a good dynamic to the team and new energy. He's also a hell of a news reporter (though like you, I don't read Giant Bomb's news).

The only podcast I genuinely get excited for is the Eurogamer podcast, but only when Ellie Gibson is on it. She's utterly hilarious. Without her it's a little sombre.
What makes Klepek work is that he's old mates with the crew and is a natural fit - feels like he's been there all along.

You are, hopefully, aware of the Telltale Games 'Walking Dead' podcast with Rodkin and Vanaman right? May as well call it 'Idle Thumbs West. I'm surprised at the carefree attitude of the hosts and the liberties they enjoy discussing details of the game.

Gazunta

Kirby check your PMs if you haven't already.

Also, Klepek joining GB is kind of like the first time I discovered peanut butter joining jam.

Aon

My god, this third game of thrones book has gotten really dark halfway through. There is some messed up shit going down in this narrative.

God damn. What're the odds I don't visit either of the characters involved for another 10 chapters on top of what happened ;__;

Bernbaum

Replacement clip for my Zalman fan got delivered - that was quick!

Hopefully it's the right one. I might have needed to ordered Thermal paste...

Mar

Bernbaum said:
What makes Klepek work is that he's old mates with the crew and is a natural fit - feels like he's been there all along.

You are, hopefully, aware of the Telltale Games 'Walking Dead' podcast with Rodkin and Vanaman right? May as well call it 'Idle Thumbs West. I'm surprised at the carefree attitude of the hosts and the liberties they enjoy discussing details of the game.

I had no idea. Is it just about working on Telltale games or is it a good 'general' cast as well? I'd be all over
the faces of
Video Games and Famous.

Bernbaum

Mar said:
I had no idea. Is it just about working on Telltale games or is it a good 'general' cast as well? I'd be all over
the faces of
Video Games and Famous.
It is quite specifically about their work on The Walking Dead game. Very thumbs-esque. I won't divulge what they actually discuss, but I think Jake might be in a much more senior role than on previous TT projects.

The 30 minute podcast is, of course, thoroughly entertaining.

Fredescu

Bernbaum said:
Replacement clip for my Zalman fan got delivered - that was quick!

Hopefully it's the right one. I might have needed to ordered Thermal paste...
I would have totally used that as an excuse to buy a whole new PC, and maybe a new desk while I'm at it. I commend you on your frugality.

Jintor

Shaneus said:
I'm still yet to run into Famous. Halfway through the "last" (50th) episode.

I'm listening to them backwards. Going back in time as we go. Currently up to Idle Thumsb 43, "Dreamcast". very odd.

Bernbaum

Fredescu said:
I would have totally used that as an excuse to buy a whole new PC, and maybe a new desk while I'm at it. I commend you on your frugality.
Hah! This is all part of 'Operation: Salvage a decade's worth of Photography'.

Shaneus

Jintor said:
I'm listening to them backwards. Going back in time as we go. Currently up to Idle Thumsb 43, "Dreamcast". very odd.
Yeah, I couldn't do that. It's better to hear the in-jokes evolve from their beginnings, IMO. I'd imagine you've already thought several times "Wizard ON? WTF is that?".

Bernbaum

Great moments in Idle Thumbs, #001:

On reader mail, a supposedly confused reader left a drawn out spiel against Wizard marriage as a cheeky dig against homophobia on the WIZARD-ON message service.

Mar

Bernbaum said:
It is quite specifically about their work on The Walking Dead game. Very thumbs-esque. I won't divulge what they actually discuss, but I think Jake might be in a much more senior role than on previous TT projects.

The 30 minute podcast is, of course, thoroughly entertaining.

Is it not on iTunes? I can't find it.

Shaneus

Bernbaum said:
Great moments in Idle Thumbs, #001:

On reader mail, a supposedly confused reader left a drawn out spiel against Wizard marriage as a cheeky dig against homophobia on the WIZARD-ON message service.
WIZARD-NO :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Steel Diver get!

Lets see how it rolls. Or swims. Or whatever...

Top Bottom