• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Bernbaum

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Oh OK.

I hate all these bloody Hittites, Visigoths and Carthaginians. Coming over here with their strange clothes, talking their gobbledygook language and taking our jobs >:-(
Easily the worst mission in Age of Empires 2.

"Ayayo, ohnono".

Bernbaum said:
Easily the worst mission in Age of Empires 2.

"Ayayo, ohnono".
I always heard it as "Nee-neenee, Hai-oh, you-you! Hai-oh, you-you!"

Also, it's obvious you've never actually played AoE2. Ancient history stuff was in AoE1 and Rise of Rome. I don't remember the Visigoths ever being a playable race.

Unless you're talking about the Babylonian religious warfare mission in the original AoE?

Jintor said:
Sat in on an interview with Randy Pitchford yesterday, then walked two blocks down the road and got wasted with a bunch of PCPP contributors
Walked my incompetent co-workers through processes they should be capable of remembering since they have been there at least ten years compared to my six months, then drove the 20 minutes home to be thrown up on in between cleaning yellow creamy poop off my sons backside. I'm all out of scotch and the money I put aside for a new computer is now going towards new clothes for the boy. Man I need a new job.

Omi said:
A great piece on The Oz's reporting
More reasons why I'm glad I haven't touched a newspaper in years. If you post a bullshit article online it is likely to get pulled part in the comments section. Also GAF.

evlcookie said:
Maybe valve doesn't like people constantly gifting, my latest one is now under review lol.
Were you trying to gift it to me? ;)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Metro make me want to punch small children, I hate getting home 30 mins later than I want.

They are also going to modify the timetable starting next week by 1 - 3 mins to make it more realistic.

I think I need to take up cross training so I can run from work to the station just so I arrive home by around 6:30 instead of after 7.

I used to love public transport, now I hate it. Can't even enjoy the perv anymore :/

evlcookie said:
Metro make me want to punch small children, I hate getting home 30 mins later than I want.

They are also going to modify the timetable starting next week by 1 - 3 mins to make it more realistic.

I think I need to take up cross training so I can run from work to the station just so I arrive home by around 6:30 instead of after 7.

I used to love public transport, now I hate it. Can't even enjoy the perv anymore :/
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT YOU FIND HOLY TALK TO HER COOKIE!

Seriously, this is like _Alkaline_'s first girlfriend all over again.

Bernbaum

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I always heard it as "Nee-neenee, Hai-oh, you-you! Hai-oh, you-you!"

Also, it's obvious you've never actually played AoE2. Ancient history stuff was in AoE1 and Rise of Rome. I don't remember the Visigoths ever being a playable race.

Unless you're talking about the Babylonian religious warfare mission in the original AoE?
Played a royal fucktonne of AoE2 - almost purely multiplayer. Hundreds of hours but I don't think I touched the SP.

Of the races you mentioned, I recall the Hittites being in AoE1.

Deeku

Ordered a decently sized box of nonsense from Playasia last wednesday and they arrived today.

It seems their cheapest shipping option is back to normal since 2 weeks+ has been the delivery time for a good half year or so.

Bernbaum said:
Played a royal [i[fucktonne[/i] of AoE2 - almost purely multiplayer. Hundreds of hours but I don't think I touched the SP.

Of the races you mentioned, I recall the Hittites being in AoE1.
Fair enough. I was just being pedantic. Maybe I should bust out my copy of AoE again and mess around with nuke troopers and big daddies.

Madrical

Banned
Anyone watch Six Feet Under back when it was on TV? I'm considering buying the series on DVD (or bluray if it's available) as I'm a big fan of Alan Ball's work, and Michael C. Hall. Never seen it before but I've read it was highly acclaimed. Hrm.

Also, fuck Australia post.

And RIFT.

hamchan

Madrical said:
Anyone watch Six Feet Under back when it was on TV? I'm considering buying the series on DVD (or bluray if it's available) as I'm a big fan of Alan Ball's work, and Michael C. Hall. Never seen it before but I've read it was highly acclaimed. Hrm.

And RIFT.

Yes Six Feet Under is pretty awesome.

Madrical said:

And RIFT.

Started watching this last week. Definitely worth watching.

Madrical

Banned
Going to buy Season 1 of Six Feet Under. Hope I like it.

Going to also give Mad Men another try. I've watched the first six episodes of season 1 a couple of times, but didn't go any further.

justin.au

Can I join the "Marcia Langton is a twat" club? I've read her stuff and have heard her talk at uni once; her approach to the public discourse about Indigenous affairs is atrocious.

Mad Men is great. If you stick with it, you will be rewarded with the Season 3 finale, a.k.a. the greatest piece of television ever made.

edit: Amusement for the day: "A Broadmeadows man jailed and penalised $5000 for taking illegal quantities of the protected Bass yabby has been branded an environmental rapist by a magistrate."

Bernbaum

Awwww, guys, don't be sayin' that!

Wrapped up Mad Men season 2 last week, but made the decision to give it a while to sit and stew before diving into 3, which is on my shelf, staring at me whenever I walk past.

Madrical

Banned
I'm gonna have to watch it now. I think it's because I always watch it while doing something else, browsing GAF or playing WoW. I need to just sit down and watch, no distractions.

justin.au

hamchan said:
Mad Men just gets better each season with the exception of the season 4 finale.
Oh, you're one of them.

It's not as great as the S3 finale, but I think it's unfairly maligned. In the S4 finale, Don's actions fit perfectly in with his established history IMO. Perhaps it was all a bit "too much, too soon", but I think a lot of the criticism of it is unfounded/exaggerated.

Salazar

Watch 'The Thick of It', AusGaf.

JB have the first season. It is bliss.

Edit: Watch it or I will shove an iPod up your cock.

hamchan

justin.au said:
Oh, you're one of them.

It's not as great as the S3 finale, but I think it's unfairly maligned. In the S4 finale, Don's actions fit perfectly in with his established history IMO. Perhaps it was all a bit "too much, too soon", but I think a lot of the criticism of it is unfounded/exaggerated.

No, I'm of the few that actually liked it. It just wasn't as good as the previous season's finales.

justin.au

You know what makes me want to go Bateman? Those shitty parody books. The last one I saw was The Dragon with the Girl Tattoo. You know some poor sap is getting it as a gift and I just can't help but feel for him/her.

Danoss

Salazar said:
Watch it or I will shove an iPod up your cock.
ikRsKW.jpg

No.

Shaneus said:
I still don't have MK :(

That's all :/

Where did you order it from? I got it from Amazon.com with priority international and got it 5 days. Very happy about that. Cost $78AU.

Another friend wanted to get a copy but it seems Amazon will no longer post Mortal Kombat to Australia when you try to check it out! Anyone else notice this?

Shaneus

Red Dolphin said:
Where did you order it from? I got it from Amazon.com with priority international and got it 5 days. Very happy about that. Cost $78AU.

Another friend wanted to get a copy but it seems Amazon will no longer post Mortal Kombat to Australia when you try to check it out! Anyone else notice this?
The Hut. I'm used to their extreme slowness though, so I'm not surprised it's taking a while (it was shipped on launch in the UK).

Darklord

Banned
Shaneus said:
The Hut. I'm used to their extreme slowness though, so I'm not surprised it's taking a while (it was shipped on launch in the UK).

Christ, really? I ordered from Zavvi on the 26th of last month. Better not be still 1+ weeks away!

Darklord

Banned
hamchan said:
Zavvi and The Hut are owned by the same people. They're both fucking shit.

I know they are both owned by the same people, I've ordered a couple of times from them with no issue though. I would have gone with 365games but they were sold out.

hamchan said:
Strangely enough my Zavvi orders arrive within 2-3 weeks and The Hut are usually right on 4 weeks. The Hut group bought Zavvi in 2009. They also own sendit.com and all the companies they have spun into Zavvi. I wonder if Zavvi still have a separate warehouse they work out of, that might explain the difference in service.

Stackboy

Shaneus said:
I still don't have MK :(

That's all :/

You're not alone Shaneus. The last few days I've gotten home from work expecting a little MK treasure in my mailbox. Sadly, no luck. I ordered from The Hut too.

Bernbaum

hamchan said:
My experience has been fine. The only thing I don't like is that within a bulk order, they'll send everything out individually. I had three parcels all from the Hut show up on my desk all on the same day.

Omikron

codswallop said:
In unrelated news: Customs official wins first Australian Mortal Kombat tournament.

Good call. :)

In gaming related musings, I am actually quite enjoying R.U.S.E. (I need to look up what that stands for...), I am not usually particularly enamored by RTS style games, but this one seems quite accessible and doesn't appear to require a ridiculous number of commands per second to actually play. More in efficient placement of your units more in the style of Company of Heroes perhaps.

Oh and this news might just make me cry.

Omi said:
I am not usually particularly enamored by RTS style games, but this one seems quite accessible and doesn't appear to require a ridiculous number of commands per second to actually play. More in efficient placement of your units more in the style of Company of Heroes perhaps.
I used to love playing RTS, but as I got older and the games got more complex, I just wasn't able to compete (and I was never very good anyway) at the number of clicks required.

I'd really love a total overhaul as I still enjoy the strategy and would like some sort of real-time combat, but RTS don't feel like strategy games to me so much as clickfests with build orders.

What are the Total War games like in multiplayer? Any AusGAFfer play them?

So after the news of the Witcher 2 being slightly modified (and moreso a lack of funds at the moment) I decided to cancel a couple of pre-orders yesterday.

Firstly I tried to cancel my preorder for the fancy pants Witcher 2 special edition (with the Geralt bust and all that). I had it preordered with ebgames.com.au, but had chosen the option to collect it from my local store.

I get an email back from ebgames.com.au saying that if I want to cancel it I have to go to my local store and organise the refund through them. Not a great response, but at least they will give me my deposit back.

I also cancelled my preorder of the balls of steel edition of Duke Nukem (through game.com.au) only to be told that my $10 preorder deposit is non refundable.

I know it is only ten dollarydoos, but that is fucked in my opinion.

I'll probably still grab both games through digital distribution (and still save a lot of money) but yeh, not really happy.

/whinge

Top Bottom