• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
The SE also had old tracks didn't it? I remember a kid at my school had it but I never got to play the 3rd one aside from the demo. Just played the first 2 to death. Until the PSP ones. Probably should try the PS2 releases but I don't even remember seeing them in Australia?
Yeah, that was why I hunted down the SE. Funnily enough, bitch to find a standalone SE but easy to find it in a bundle with Destruction Derby 2. As for the PS2 one, I think I actually have it somewhere (despite not having a PS2 anymore). Fake edit: Yep, confirmed. Wipeout Fusion (though apparently it was arse... I haven't played it).

Dead Man

Fredescu said:
Did you guys notice that NFS:HP is $30 on the US store but only $20 on the AU store? Well done Choc! This means it should be $10 tomorrow I guess. Bargain for anyone that hasn't picked it up.
That's tempting. I don't know if I can even run it though.

Also I received a damn eftpos card from my bank today. For no reason. The letter attached was dated the 7th of April as well. I noticed my current card doesn't run out until 2013 so I called them up and was like, "WFT mate". The guy was unable to work out whey they bothered to send me a new eftpos card when I have a debit card that does the same thing. I don't even know how they got my new address, all my bank statements are online so I didn't bother changing my postal address. Morons.

Bernbaum

Obama and White House staff watched the attacks in real time.

That blows my mind.

The task force trained in a specially built replica back in the US.

Ah man, you just know there's gonna be a Hollywood blockbluster written around this.

markot

Banned
dr_strangelove_war_room_generals.jpg

I cant believe they havent built a strangelovian war room >_<

DualShadow said:
Thanks to however convinced me to get Max Payne, well worth it!

Sorry I can't quite remember who it was.
It was meeeeeeeeeeeee!
Enjoy Remedy at their best. Make sure you have plenty of tissues ready for Max Payne 2!

Kirby102

So I just got my lecturer to get me an iPad 2 of the highest model (64GB, 3G+wifi) at the syd intl duty free store... And it was $862. FFFFFFF ><

/is not $200 cheaper as choc said. Lol

I'm getting it on Friday (no.) when he comes back from NZ, and I just came in this thread reading that there's a tornado in NZ o_o; I hope he's okay ...

Omikron

Salazar said:
Yeah, duty free was a bust on my most recent trip, too.

Purchasing electronics / camera gear in Japan when the Aus dollar was close to 100 Yen was a total winner not that long back :D

guidop

Rezbit said:
Wow @ Hilary's expression. Can't imagine how intense that would be.

vibrating chairs have come along way since the 80's?

Seriously tho, that guy at the back looks totally shopped in

Help me AusGAF, you're my only hope! :)

So with the iMac being updated, I'm going to get one sometime in the next couple of weeks. I have never been a 'PC gamer', but I wouldn't mind dabbling here and there with the odd PC game. I'm thinking of going all out here, and the 27" BTO 3.4GHz Quad i7 with the AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1GB looks like it may be the candidate.

Will this run modern games alright? The consensus seems to be that the native res is too high and that running at 1920 x 1080 is the way to go, but will it dramatically effect the image quality? There is the option of increasing the GPU to a HD 6970M 2GB, what is the difference, will it be a big improvement of the 1GB variant.

Anyone here use Dolphin, if so, will I be able to play most GC/Wii games well on this machine? Last question, would games look better on this iMac than 360/PS3 games, if I was comparing the same game?

So many questions, thanks in advance guys.

Stackboy

No MK in the mail today. It's no biggie, since I have a stupid amount of games to play. Still, it will be nice to come home to. Despite what was said about that weird story arc with Johnny Cage. Eww.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The CPU would be fine but for some reason apple decided to go with the mobile version on the gpu side. I'm not too sure how they run buy by the time you buy one there should be a few reviews out there giving you a good idea on it's gaming capabilities.

Why are there so many names in a game of thrones, I suck at remembering names!!

Bernbaum

Volunteers working for our local state LNP candidate were handing out 'No Carbon Tax' fliers at my train station this morning. Green was a very interesting choice of coloured paper for the article!

14cfkls.jpg

Bernbaum said:
Obama and White House staff watched the attacks in real time.

That blows my mind.

The task force trained in a specially built replica back in the US.

Ah man, you just know there's gonna be a Hollywood blockbluster written around this.

Already been announced that a few producers are working on cinema titles for it. fking sigh TBH.

Gazunta

Nice one Bern :)

Interesting about the Firemint deal. EA please buy finalsaypr now kthbai

Hey - anyone know of the cheapest place to buy Xbox LIVE 12 month cards? Gamecard.com.au has it for $55 which is the best I've seen so far...

Nemesis_

Choc said:
so wanna know why MK got banned here

the fatalities? nope

the extreme violence and shattering bones? nope

Spoilers for you importers

in the story mode Johnny Cage continuosly hits on Sonya Blade. After a while Sonya gets jack of it and tells him to piss off. Johnny resolves this by beating the shit out of her (this is called sexualised violence in Australia) and then she is poor and defenceless and Kano comes along to help her out. This is one of the main parts of the story mode. No wonder it got banned. Without this, it would have got in

That's ridiculous. That scene itself is incredibly tongue in cheek. It's almost like watching a cartoon. Oh well.

Omikron

Nemesis556 said:
That's ridiculous. That scene itself is incredibly tongue in cheek. It's almost like watching a cartoon. Oh well.

If it was a movie, it wouldn't have been banned.

Also, do you even perform said act, or is it in a cut scene?

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
If it was a movie, it wouldn't have been banned.

Also, do you even perform said act, or is it in a cut scene?

the fight between the two is an actual fight ive heard, not a movie

Omikron

Choc said:
the fight between the two is an actual fight ive heard, not a movie

Yah ok, it would be kinda nice for the Class. Board to tell us why it was banned, rather than vague guesswork that tends to go on.

Choc

Banned
Wow

Sony has announced (in Japan) that the first phase of PSN reconnection will not include download codes

so anyone with online passes etc are screwed until they fix that. also, psn cards won't work because of this

for fuck sake!

jambo

How are they "screwed" exactly? They just have to wait for it to come back up. It's not like the codes don't work anymore =\

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
How are they "screwed" exactly? They just have to wait for it to come back up. It's not like the codes don't work anymore =\

someone goes and buys a new copy of NFS PS3 today.

PSN comes back online and the person wants to play online.

PSN is up and people who have already regsitered can play

but you can't register your online pass

and therefore

cannot play online. and because the store is down for a while, you cant' even buy a new pass if you bought a used one

online play is completely stuffed for games with online passes in terms of new sales!

Choc

Banned
MrSerrels said:
EB are expanding their Vendor Show and opening up to the public.

They're going to sell tickets. Pretty smart move.

is this the big news from next tuesday night mark? lol :)

speaking from the other side of the fence, it could somewhat backfire. I know for a fact stuff has been shown at EB Vendor Shows that publishers would not have shown to the general public.

So therefore the presentations might be less and the code less.

jambo

Choc said:
someone goes and buys a new copy of NFS PS3 today.

PSN comes back online and the person wants to play online.

PSN is up and people who have already regsitered can play

but you can't register your online pass

and therefore

cannot play online. and because the store is down for a while, you cant' even buy a new pass if you bought a used one

online play is completely stuffed for games with online passes in terms of new sales!

Like I said, you just play SP until the code registration comes back up, then register.

Over react much? Oh wait it's Choc.

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
Like I said, you just play SP until the code registration comes back up, then register.

Over react much? Oh wait it's Choc.

someone goes and buys DC Universe Online................

Omikron

Choc said:
someone goes and buys DC Universe Online................

Some network functionality > none?

Sony were always going to bring things online piece by piece, it is the only sensible way to approach it.

MrSerrels

Choc said:
is this the big news from next tuesday night mark? lol :)

speaking from the other side of the fence, it could somewhat backfire. I know for a fact stuff has been shown at EB Vendor Shows that publishers would not have shown to the general public.

So therefore the presentations might be less and the code less.

Absolutely - I think publishers might like it in the sense that the event will drive pre-orders and the like. But for sure there'll be less showing of rough builds.

It'll probably be more like a trade show in that certain stuff will be shown behind closed doors.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Some network functionality > none?

Sony were always going to bring things online piece by piece, it is the only sensible way to approach it.

yes but given sony gave the green light to online passes through their systems (like MS did) they should surely see that particular section as crucial in the system

its just going to cause publishers headaches that they do not need. THQ is about to launch a few games that have the online pass....

Bringing it online slowly is a good idea, a very good idea but they need to manage it right.

Remember, MK launched AFTER PSN shutdown. MK has an online pass......

Top Bottom