• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
reptilescorpio said:
Oh actually I was wondering if you like a folder of emails of just outrageous stuff that people try to tip to you? Like "Square to remake FF6 exclusively on WiiHD"? I remember talking to someone a few years back who had an outlook folder named Looney Bin with some incredibly funny stuff. The worst was he said he had one in there saying that Sega would go third party. We get some of the funnier ones on Gaf but I would think that there would be tons more.

Na just emails from mums and old people asking me as if I was Nintendo to help them and fix their stuff.

Most rumors I pick up from Twitter these days.

The Australian Nintendo rumor scene is pretty much limited to release dates for games because Nintendo Australia won't announce it themselves. That or new SKU's or coloured consoles.

Clipper

legend166 said:
Can you use that 5 in 1 cord to charge more than one device at once?

How long does DealExtreme shipping take? I need this before I go away (May 27th).
I tried it once with the 3DS and iPhone and the 3DS charge light started to flicker a bit, so I don't think it works.

And they typically take about 2 weeks to ship to me on their standard shipping, which would cut it close, but you can shell out for express shipping (only a few bucks) and it should easily make it by then.

legend166

Eep.

I shouldn't have waited so long. Maybe I'll look on eBay.

I need a DSi compatible usb cord and a European AC --> USB converter thingy.

Clipper

eBay is a good choice. As for the adapter, get one of those all-to-all adapters. I got one on a Singapore Airlines flight from the in-flight catalogue that works well, exchanges all my plugs for me and also comes with two USB ports. You should be able to find them on eBay too...

Here's the link to the SA one so you know what to look for.

Choc

Banned
Clipper said:
Heh, I noticed your old comment about us all being tricked and was going to point out that StackBoy called it.

So why do you add the 'or not' now? It definitely seems staged.

because if you read that article it seems like it was leaked but then a charity group found it and put it on youtube to back their claims about food wastage

and moran is going to make a statement in the next hour

legend166

Clipper said:
eBay is a good choice. As for the adapter, get one of those all-to-all adapters. I got one on a Singapore Airlines flight from the in-flight catalogue that works well, exchanges all my plugs for me and also comes with two USB ports. You should be able to find them on eBay too...

Here's the link to the SA one so you know what to look for.

$60?!?

Clipper

Choc said:
because if you read that article it seems like it was leaked but then a charity group found it and put it on youtube to back their claims about food wastage

and moran is going to make a statement in the next hour
The article also states he's the 2011 Ambassador for said charity group and:

Digital media company Liquid Ideas confirmed the celebrity chef agreed to fake an explosive on-set tantrum to promote an anti-food wastage campaign.

Jintor

Oh, and anybody planning on getting Brink might want to wait for a bit, because I just saw some of it as the Deputy was playing and it looks like rubbish.

Choc

Banned
Jintor said:
Oh, and anybody planning on getting Brink might want to wait for a bit, because I just saw some of it as the Deputy was playing and it looks like rubbish.

US reviews are shit

legend166 said:
Can't you get power adapters from travel shops? I remember getting one at a Flight Centre or similar themed establishment.

Jintor said:
To be honest their previous games didn't impress me, although I'm not into MP so I haven't bothered to keep an eye on Brink. Think they would be better off working on the MP for an established studio like what Crytek did with Free Radical.

just heard some news. not really news, more like gossip regarding two people who caused me considerable grief so...

the news is this:

tumblr_lf33zhoihd1qzdk6y.gif
tumblr_lf3403ImZP1qzdk6y.gif
madmenlawnmower.gif

and my official reaction is
tumblr_lf345uOhEO1qzdk6y.gif

but really I'm all like:

Matt-ThumbsUp.gif

I'll edit this to remove the gif overload later when I've come back down to earth

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Eurogamer (one of the few review websites I actually read), disagrees it seems. ;)

That said, not particularly interested in Brink.

Splash Damage is based in London

so is Eurogamer

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

legend166

Clipper said:
Yes. Also, depending on where you are going, you wouldn't even need the USB cable. Your Aussie DSi charger will work in any country with voltages from 220-250V.

I want to get this thing to charge my phone and Kindle as well, so I'll probably just stick with the USB cord.

Thanks for the help.

I found this on Dick Smith, and it's in stock near my work, so I might go have a look this afternoon: http://dicksmith.com.au/product/M9912/usb-travel-power-adaptor

Choc

Banned
haha an ign reviewer picked up my comment in the brink OT about eurogamer and said yep

hahahahahahaha

oh the fucking irony

it's pretty petty. Just laughing at a vile couple who *may* have split up. They have caused me and lots of people I know lots of grief. Like a lot.

edit: I should be ashamed of myself. Instead my wife and I are dining out tonight to celebrate, a bottle of champagne in the fridge. and I don't even drink.

senahorse

Choc said:
haha an ign reviewer picked up my comment in the brink OT about eurogamer and said yep

hahahahahahaha

oh the fucking irony

News at 11, rival gaming site pimps own review as the 'correct' review.

Jintor

ClivePwned said:
it's pretty petty. Just laughing at a vile couple who *may* have split up. They have caused me and lots of people I know lots of grief. Like a lot.

edit: I should be ashamed of myself. Instead my wife and I are dining out tonight to celebrate, a bottle of champagne in the fridge. and I don't even drink.

I was under the the impression you were laughing at, let's say, a car crash. So mere relationship troubles is better than that.

Omikron

Choc said:
Games Radar another UK site comes with another high score

interesting to say the least

Interesting trans-atlantic battle of the reviewers.

I demand a cage fight.

Or.

We could just play the game and make up our own minds.

Jintor said:
I was under the the impression you were laughing at, let's say, a car crash. So mere relationship troubles is better than that.

eww, only morons laugh at people getting killed or maimed (outside of movies)

Choc said:

hahahahahahaha

oh the fucking irony
I disagree with most Eurogamer reviews and their scores but IGN rarely puts out anything worthy of being called a review. I'm not sure why people continue to go to their site.

Edit: I like Eurogamer but their reviews always rub me the wrong way for some reason. They are almost always well written, which can't be said for most sites, but the reviewer tends to look at games a lot different to me.

Danoss

reptilescorpio said:
I disagree with most Eurogamer reviews and their scores but IGN rarely puts out anything worthy of being called a review. I'm not sure why people continue to go to their site.
I haven't had any major problem with a Eurogamer review I have read. IGN is utter trash and I pay them no attention whatsoever, they're about as credible as a tabloid.

Danoss

Choc said:
the stupid thing is i put that comment in the OT as tongue in cheek

someone bought the bait though
Of course they did. I was wondering if that person was who I thought it was, but it seems no one knows. I'm pretty sure it is him as that is his name on twitter.

I'm wholly unsurprised something as dopey as that was a post from him.

Choc

Banned
next XBL update allows you to buy shit via paypal instead of cc or points cards

talk about timing...

geez some ebay sellers have balls

'Dedicated Australian Service

Note: I have sold a few of this item to Australia already and they have all passed customs successfully. Please let me know if you have any customs questions.'

Danoss

Tell you what else XBL should do? Use actual dollar values, not arbitrary points. Not that I use that wretched service.

*Hugs his PC*

Also Choc, WTF are you talking about? Carrying on about ebay sellers without context is kind of pointless.

Top Bottom