• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Danoss

Foobar doesn't really need configuring. Add WASAPI/ASIO and play music, it's pretty straightforward.

I do use a skin cause it looks kinda neat and very minimalist, but most are horrible and unnecessary. Play music, minimise it and don't see it anyway.

Dead Man

Danoss said:
Foobar doesn't really need configuring. Add WASAPI/ASIO and play music, it's pretty straightforward.

I do use a skin cause it looks kinda neat and very minimalist, but most are horrible and unnecessary. Play music, minimise it and don't see it anyway.
Oh, I knokw that, it's just that I CAN'T HELP MYSELF. It is a great player, I just cannot stop with all the config options it has. So I use winamp.

I was going to buy Sims Medieval for my better half, then I remembered how I like to be able to use my computer of an evening and got her nothing instead.

Shaneus

So, just bought myself (and tried) one of those oral irrigation (water dental flossing machine) thingys today. My gums are bleeding from the awesome.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Shaneus said:
So, just bought myself (and tried) one of those oral irrigation (water dental flossing machine) thingys today. My gums are bleeding from the awesome.

How much and which one? I've been thinking of picking one up as well along with a proper toothbrush.

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
How much and which one? I've been thinking of picking one up as well along with a proper toothbrush.
It's the Panasonic one. Found it on eBay from a Melbourne seller for $50+$10 postage. It's the cheapest one (the Waterpik brands are hella expensive, especially if you don't know whether they're worth it) but I ordered on Sunday and it was delivered at my work Tuesday.

Works a treat, too. I have the GAF teeth hygiene thread to thank for it!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Shaneus said:
It's the Panasonic one. Found it on eBay from a Melbourne seller for $50+$10 postage. It's the cheapest one (the Waterpik brands are hella expensive, especially if you don't know whether they're worth it) but I ordered on Sunday and it was delivered at my work Tuesday.

Works a treat, too. I have the GAF teeth hygiene thread to thank for it!

Was it an actual ebay store or just a one off? Hook me up with some details, That thread got me thinking about it as well :D

Madrical

Banned
What's the deal with the EB Games expo, is this the first year they've hosted it? I'm glad Australia is getting some kind of largish expo, I hope it's successful. If it continues I might consider flying over one year for a holiday.

I really don't like EB Games though. Extremely overpriced (usually) and a lot of their staff don't know what they're talking about. Some others however are pretty good, I had an hour long convo with one bloke at the Midland EB Games (WA). As far as my experiences go, GAME staff are all gamers. I can only speak for the people I've spoken to, might be other dodgy stores. Woo, gone off topic.

Danoss said:

It looks like poo without a skin imo

People care what their music player looks like? I leave foobar sitting in the taskbar while it actually plays music. The only addon I have is the one for Windows 7 that shows the cover art and lets you control playback from the Windows 7 popup thing.

foobar for life.

Danoss

roosters93 said:
It looks like poo without a skin imo

Doesn't take much to spruce it up though. Here's mine, simple and functional.

ikOXQi.jpg

I like it mainly for the file info at the bottom and hidden menu bar that is easily accessed. Press play, minimise.

And VOOK, you're lucky, every other version of iTunes on a Mac I've seen (including an iMac and MBP of my own) has done it under the simplest of tasks.

Want to sync an iPhone? beach ball
Just plugged an iPod in? beach ball
Renamed a few files? beach ball
etc.

Gazunta

I load iTunes on my Windows machine, click on "radio" then click on "Absolute Radio 90s" and leave it running all day while it plays music at me. OH GOD WHAT A HORRIBLE DISASTER.

Brendan Brewer would be covering the EB Games show
from his house and just rewriting stuff he reads on forums about it

Danoss

Gazunta said:
I load iTunes on my Windows machine, click on "radio" then click on "Absolute Radio 90s" and leave it running all day while it plays music at me. OH GOD WHAT A HORRIBLE DISASTER.
Swings and roundabouts.

Dead Man

Hey look, international coverage of a local MP:
http://freethinker.co.uk/2011/05/10/imbecile-of-the-week-is-geoff-shaw-mp/
Shaw, 44, a Liberal Party MP, was responding to an email he received from tertiary student Jakob Quilligan who objected to the government’s new anti-discrimination legislation, which contains exemptions which will allow religious organisations to discriminate on grounds of sexuality, marital status and gender, even in their commercial businesses, hospitals and schools.

In his email, Quilligan told Shaw that churches should not be allowed to:

Impose their beliefs on others … in non-religious/mainstream or secular settings. I’m 20 in a week. I’m able to vote. I want to work, live and love freely during the course of my life, and I want to do that without thinking that I can’t.

Shaw, a pentacostal church member who represents Frankston, exposed himself as a fundamentalist Christian basketcase and a complete idiot when he declared in his parliamentary debut speech:

The original owner of the land on which we stand [is] God, the Creator, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of the Bible.

Responding to Quilligan’s email, Shaw asked:

What if I loved driving 150kms per hour in residential areas? What if there was a convicted sex offender who stated that, or a child molester? Can they still do what they want? Under your statement the answer is yes. What if one wanted to get drunk, take drugs, steal and murder? What if one loved this? Can they also do what they want without thinking that they can’t?

And he reminded Quilligan that welfare organisations like the Salvation Army, Red Cross and Brotherhood of St Laurence all had Christian backgrounds, as did many hospitals, and that ”nearly all” private schools were ”either Christian or Catholic”.

Luck, lucky Frankston.

Salazar

The original owner of the land on which we stand [is] God, the Creator, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of the Bible.

I wish I had been in the public gallery for that one. I would have shouted loud enough.

"Christian or Catholic" is a sick burn, too.

Danoss

Dead Man said:
Luck, lucky Frankston.
Indeed. I should be amazed that he can't see reason in his reply; how speeding, molestation, drugs, theft and murder are illegal, as is discrimination. Unfortunately I'm not, just outraged and sympathetic to those in Frankston as well as those discriminated against.

An independently owned coffee shop could refuse to hire a person because they're gay, a woman or single, after doing so, they would be in a lot of trouble. Another coffee shop owned by a church can do the same thing and nothing can be done as it is backed by law. Is this how it works?

Why can't Australia have separation of Church and State? It is becoming beyond ridiculous, as this example puts religions and associates of them above the law.

You guys should be happy (if not excited) for this EB Expo thing. Even if you're not into EB it could be something big for Australia if it's successful.

Danoss

EB Games is the last company I would want involved in something like this. They are a parasite on the games industry and any further involvement on their part should be discouraged.

trinest

Neverender said:
You guys should be happy (if not excited) for this EB Expo thing. Even if you're not into EB it could be something big for Australia if it's successful.
Looking at its site its very commerical and doesn't provide us with anything we already have options off.

Dead Man said:
Hey look, international coverage of a local MP:
http://freethinker.co.uk/2011/05/10/imbecile-of-the-week-is-geoff-shaw-mp/

Luck, lucky Frankston.
What a dickbrain.

I found this funny:

Prahran’s Liberal MP Clem Newton-Brown has made the following statement about today’s story:

“Following the Sunday Age publishing this story in relation to Geoff Shaw I spoke with him yesterday afternoon.

I was informed that the impressions that were portrayed in the weekend media do not reflect the views of Mr Shaw. Nor do they reflect the views of the Coalition Government.

I'd say this is a Tony Abbott-esque moment, but they have it in writing! I'd like this Newton-Brown to go into further detail about how a private email written by Mr. Shaw doesn't reflect Mr. Shaw's views. Was he writing under a persona?

I know a lot of you don't like EB but they have the resources to pull something like this off in Australia. This sort of event should be welcomed not shunned because you don't like EB.

It's going to be in the days after the EB corporate vendors show in October, where the store managers are shown lots of games and products long before release. This expo will presumably have a lot of that stuff available to the public.

Salazar

roosters93 said:
I'd like this Newton-Brown to go into further detail about how a private email written by Mr. Shaw doesn't reflect Mr. Shaw's views.

You're assuming that Clem's words, as represented in that statement, reflect Clem's views.

Dead Man

roosters93 said:
What a dickbrain.

I found this funny:

I'd say this is a Tony Abbott-esque moment, but they have it in writing! I'd like this Newton-Brown to go into further detail about how a private email written by Mr. Shaw doesn't reflect Mr. Shaw's views. Was he writing under a persona?
Indeed.

Salazar said:
You're assuming that Clem's words, as represented in that statement, reflect Clem's views.
:D

trinest said:
The only thing avoiding regions on GoG would be useful for is the Whitcher 2. Which they give you credit for anyway.
Unrated edition access too. It is just nice for a company to say, "Well, we could keep tracking your IP address but hey, we don't care. We aren't going to sell your information to the highest bidder. Put whatever the hell you want as your country."

Madrical

Banned
Salazar said:
$130 or price match with other games expos.

Trade in 7 old tickets for a discount.

Ahhh, love it.

I have no issue with iTunes. It can be a bit fiddly sometimes, but combined with TuneUp for album artwork and the occasional cleanup, it does the job. I have it permently sitting on a second monitor next to my main one.

iTunes.jpg

Madrical said:
Ahhh, love it.

I have no issue with iTunes. It can be a bit fiddly sometimes, but combined with TuneUp for album artwork and the occasional cleanup, it does the job. I have it permently sitting on a second monitor next to my main one.
iTunes wasn't a problem until I got over a terabyte of 192-320kbps music. Just, so, damn, slow. Rocking Winamp ever since.

Top Bottom