• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc

Banned
any labor MP backing Gillard is signing their own resignation from parliament form

they will be obliterated in an election, and no seat will be safe on the current numbers.

senahorse

I wonder how many of those that have pledged support for Gillard will actually vote against her on Monday, it's anonymous after all isn't it?

Choc

Banned
I wonder how many of those that have pledged support for Gillard will actually vote against her on Monday, it's anonymous after all isn't it?

Yes it is indeed.

AND

Remember beazley vs rudd?

Beazley according to the media was goign to romp it based on comments from MPs

Rudd destroyed him

if Rudd really really wants this job, he does the following

Challenges today and stipulates if he loses he wil lresign from parliament thus losing the labor majority

So many MPs would flip based on that i think. Some might also go the other way and call his bluff. But i can't see rudd sitting in the backbench, i just can't

midonnay

Um, isnt Gillard beating Tony as preferred PM?

I dont think its a Gillard problem, I think its a problem with the party.

not true, last newspoll, Abbott was ahead 40 - 37

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollbludger/2012/02/13/newspoll-55-45-to-coalition-3/

its a moot point, they're both hated but oppositions don't win elections. Its usually a choice between the lesser of two evils.

Labor can't win an election unless their primary vote can be lifted to around 40 percent which is a marathon away atm.

Is there a reason why people in marginal Labour seats are backing Gilard over Rudd? Talk about going down with the sinking ship.

the most telling sign is in queensland.

I think their primary vote was down to 23 percent last year and Kevin rudd would be the only mp standing in the entire state if that poll came true.

yet he can only garner the support of 3 votes (including his own) out of 13

fucking politicians >_<

:eek:

It got to brisbane quicker! Mine is currently Departed Facility in SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA 12:22, sooooo it actually might not make it for delivery today:(

Your psn is the one in your profile? I'll add you tonight, hopefully on a vita:)

Yep, that's my PSN. I gave DHL a ring and the said that the odds of me receiving it today are slim to nil D:

Monday for me, I guess.

EDIT: 5 minutes after the DHL guy convinced me, twice, that my parcel wasn't going to arrive today...

With delivery courier BRISBANE - AUSTRALIA 12:40

So yeah.

Card Boy

Banned
any labor MP backing Gillard is signing their own resignation from parliament form

they will be obliterated in an election, and no seat will be safe on the current numbers.

If the current numbers are to be believed its going to be 29 - 68 in favour of Gilard with 6 undecided.

According to SMH. How they got those numbers i'm not sure, its getting changed all the time.

Jintor

If the current numbers are to be believed its going to be 29 - 68 in favour of Gilard with 6 undecided.

According to SMH. How they got those numbers i'm not sure, its getting changed all the time.

They're phoning around if my quick skim of the paper this morning is to be believed.

Kritz

Banned
SERIOUS SAM 3 is $13 on Steam.

It has 16 player online coop.

Everyone should buy this so we can play it over the weekend. It is a fantastic game.

Kritz SS3 Coop Settings:
Friendly Fire On
Infinite Lives
Infinite Ammo
200% Enemy Health
Enemies Scale per Player

How to play SS3 with Kritz Settings:
Press W
Press left mouse
Get Killed by Friendly Fire

midonnay

I think newspoll is going to make a special concession and release their results on monday morning (rather than at night as usual)

Also Nielsen might have a result on sunday.

It'll be interesting to see how stupid the Labor party really is if Rudd still has support in the community.

markot

Banned
I think newspoll is going to make a special concession and release their results on monday morning (rather than at night as usual)

Also Nielsen might have a result on sunday.

It'll be interesting to see how stupid the Labor party really is if Rudd still has support in the community.

Except why does it matter?

He has run a campaign to destabalise the government since he lost power, and he lost power for a reason, it wasnt the 'faceless men' it was 90% of the caucus.

It isnt, and shouldnt be, a popularity contest, because that popularity doesnt mean that the primary vote will rise all of a sudden.

It was the polls that scared them into ditching Rudd to begin with, he had lost QLD prior to being dumped and they were looking at losing the election.

Its a team game, not a one man show.

markot

Banned
Not for the leadership of the party. You dont turn the tables over everytime a bad opinion poll comes out.

If Kevin wins, it will be a disaster, he needs to lose, and lose by so much that he cant even think of a 'comeback'. And if he resigns? Then it pretty much proves the point.

midonnay

Not for the leadership of the party. You dont turn the tables over everytime a bad opinion poll comes out.

exactly ....and that is what happened.

the source of labor's woes.

Gillard is tainted fruit because of the way they got rid of a sitting prime minister.

the only way they can get out of this hole is to convince the electorate that they've made a mistake.

Not by being proud and staying the course.

Not by going the NSW route and installing a 3rd candidate.

They have to show remorse.

and its not just one bad opinion poll. its been going on for more than a year. Ask any pollster and they will say that hatred for gillard is concrete. Its not going to change.

Card Boy

Banned
I've already seen "Save us John Howard" comments on the internets. Hahahah.

Ask yourself, work choices aside where we better off under Howard or the Rudd/Gilard government?

Be honest now.

This post is coming from someone that voted Labour at the 2007 election.

markot

Banned
Ask yourself, work choices aside where we better off under Howard or the Rudd/Gilard government?

Be honest now.

Definately better off without Howard.

And it wasnt just the bad opinion polls that sunk Rudd, it was that the overwhelming majority of his workmates thought he wasnt fit for the job. And like I said, its a team game.

hamchan

Definately better off without Howard.

And it wasnt just the bad opinion polls that sunk Rudd, it was that the overwhelming majority of his workmates thought he wasnt fit for the job. And like I said, its a team game.

Then this team will lose the next election to Tony Abott without Rudd.

midonnay

then they should have let him go to the election and fall on his face.

Labor would have been better off.

Lindsay Tanner, their best minister resigned in disgust. Julia Gillard, a top performer too now tainted.

It is such an epic fail that movies will be made about it in 30 years.

remz

If the team would rather lose than win with Rudd, doesnt that tell you something about him?

I always got the impression the team had their egos bruised by him or something. Most of their complaints seem to be about him well.... actually leading. but i dunno

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Star tracks phone holding is super annoying. Every 10 seconds or so you get a, thank you for holding - we look forward to assisting you and appreciate your patience. Every 10 seconds, it might even be sooner.

It's got to be the most annoying thing on the planet. Maybe it's designed to get people to just hang the fuck up after she says the message after the 5th time.

legend166

I think Rudd would lose the next election. You don't think his personal brand has been tarnished enough at this point? You'll basically have senior Labor MPs campaigning against their own party if Rudd is in charge.

The fact that so many of them seemingly are pushing aside personal ambition just to get rid of Rudd says everything you need to know.

I mean, politicians pushing aside personal ambition.

wonzo

Banned
SERIOUS SAM 3 is $13 on Steam.

It has 16 player online coop.

Everyone should buy this so we can play it over the weekend. It is a fantastic game.

Kritz SS3 Coop Settings:
Friendly Fire On
Infinite Lives
Infinite Ammo
200% Enemy Health
Enemies Scale per Player

How to play SS3 with Kritz Settings:
Press W
Press left mouse
Get Killed by Friendly Fire
i'm down with some SS3 co-op if someone would add me to the steam group (steam name: wonzo)

Be honest now.

we're much better off without howard.

as slimy as he is, rudd is realistically the best chance the ALP has in beating abbott in an election (almost every major polling outfit has reflected this in their polling).

wonzo

Banned
If the team would rather lose than win with Rudd, doesnt that tell you something about him?
i think it says more about the self importance and greed of the labor power brokers putting their obsession with holding onto power over what's best for the labor movement. the fact that john faulkner's backing rudd says quite a lot about this whole thing.

midonnay

I think Rudd would lose the next election. You don't think his personal brand has been tarnished enough at this point? You'll basically have senior Labor MPs campaigning against their own party if Rudd is in charge.

may well be true. Rudd is no sure thing......

but I think that he will make it competitive which is alot better for the party than the current situation (which is of Labor being in the wilderness for another decade).

He can nullify the attacks of his enemies by positioning himself as the reformist.

Similar to what happened to Peter Beattie: It was found that elements within his party were corrupt yet he still won the 2001 election by cleaning ship.

Labor has to choose: the status quo where factions can knock off sitting prime ministers or a new more inclusive party.

markot

Banned
Soooo, big ass storm expected.

687126-kevin-rudd.jpg

Top Bottom