• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

Hmm, it seems the sale prices are perhaps up on the site now, though. DSis are $20 and so on, but out of stock of course.

Nothing in stock apart from some games.

UPDATE:

$20 DSi's showing up, and in-stock at HIGHPOINT (VIC). 5 mins from my house. Not that I want one :/

$100 Xbox 360 in-stock at Melbourne CBD store.

FML no slim Ps3's anywhere.

Rubixcuba

Banned
I got through eventually and they only have 19 items.

;_;

There isn't really anything, worthy mentions go to:
Deus Ex - $10
AC: Revelations - $15
40K Space Marine - $15
All on PC.

Not sure why you would buy games. Those are cheap enough. Its a hardware sale for me. Im also looking for a psp but no one seems to even sell them anymore

I'll grab one for you, or did you want moar? :p Only white and black ones seem to be in-stock at highpoint.

Just the one and I'm not fussed by the colour. Looking for a dedicated pokemon machine more than anything.

Edit: As is expected, looks like their site is being absolutely hammered.

vanty

Dragon Quest IX and Pokemon Gold are in stock at my local store according to the site, so I can drop by at opening time and hopefully get them for $5 and $10. Funny how the DSi suddenly disappeared from almost all stores already, there were at least half a dozen on display when I looked at my local store on Thursday. Pokemon Silver also completely disappeared from the site, as if it never existed.

Hmm, just called my local store here in NZ and they were oblivious to the sale.

I went into one at 9am to see, was told it starts next week but they were taking everything down now cause some prices have changed but they're not allowed to sell yet.

To which I figured was bullshit, going to another one confirmed theres no such 'not allowed to sell' thing but the stuff that had already changed price wasn't anything interesting. More will probably change later on.

I'm guessing NZ will just get a shit version of the 'sale'.

Things like DK vs Mario on DS for $50 etc isn't a clearance sale.

sweet-bro-and-hella-sales.jpg

People on the AU Facebook were still hoping the stock would come back in on the webpage at 8 officially lol.

"They must of been holding it till 8" etc.

Peagles

I went into one at 9am to see, was told it starts next week but they were taking everything down now cause some prices have changed but they're not allowed to sell yet.

To which I figured was bullshit, going to another one confirmed theres no such 'not allowed to sell' thing but the stuff that had already changed price wasn't anything interesting. More will probably change later on.

I'm guessing NZ will just get a shit version of the 'sale'.

Things like DK vs Mario on DS for $50 etc isn't a clearance sale.

No doubt, unfortunately.

I was mainly just hoping things like the Xbox Live points or subscriptions were cheaper like they were on the AU list but no sign of that (or anything really lol) here.

I was getting changed for class then watched the weird asian guy fill his hands with soap/sanitiser. Run that under water for a second and then drink the soapy water. He did this a few times. I knew I wouldnt like him from orrientation.

Clipper

I was getting changed for class then watched the weird asian guy fill his hands with soap/sanitiser. Run that under water for a second and then drink the soapy water. He did this a few times. I knew I wouldnt like him from orrientation.
That's pretty crazy. Even though it might be awkward, I'd warn him about the potential dangers of doing that, though. Perhaps he thinks it's something other than soap? Seriously, that stuff could be quite harmful to his health if he continues it.

Yagharek

There was no way on earth this sale was going to go ahead as everyone hoped. DSE were impossible to find decent games at at the best of times, let alone when they were clearing out. About the only good find I ever had at a DSE was finding Marvel vs Capcom 2 on DC when it released.

I'm going now, fingers crossed.

From Ozbargain:

Heads up to all who will miss out today. After work last night I grabbed a heap of stuff that will be available on EBay later tonight. I have 4 Logitech PS3 wheels, 2 Xbox 360s, 14 12 month live memberships, 18 3000 MS points and 37 various games. I'm setting up an eBay account today, I will post a link later to my EBay store, don't miss out on these awesome bargains and happy bidding..

LMAO.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fair few people outside dse right now. This isn't going to work at all. Also a female has appeared!

Ok now the dse guy has come out and said the sale is now on the 11th.

Now a hot nerdy girl. This is intense stuff people

hamchan

Bwahaha reading whirlpool:

Maybe 100 in the sydney cbs line now. I feel lucky: I was just walking past at 8:05 and got near the front. I'll let you all know what stock is like inside. Not sure what I should go for: I don't have a current gen console. Yet.

At Least 50 people at Parramatta. Mostly schoolkids skipping. Lots of people with the wtf look on their face.

Chaos is about to ensue. I'm sitting back waiting for the storm to subside.

Around 20 here at hurstville

Around 50 or so here in Hobart

Considering how little is on the games shelf at Hurstville and Randwick DSEs I can only assume every store is like that. Going to be so many disappointed people today.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
There's at least 20 outside malvern. There will be nothing inside.

Guy claims we can try but the prices might not scan correctly since the system isn't updated. Didn't even seem to know the sale is on online.

I should have gone to work instead.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yea that was pointless they had 4 dsi in stock and I couldn't see any psps . Half the shot wasn't even marked down in the system.

vanty

Must have been 150-200 in line at my local store (maybe because of the sold out things listed on the site's stock locator thing, my store was almost always the only place within 15km with stock), I got there like 2 mins before opening and just walked in with the first 20 or so ahah. But DSi and PSPs were all gone before anyone even got in, but the stupid employee(s) who took them forgot about the XBL cards so some big Maori guys sent a little kid in under everyone and grabbed what must have been at least 20 3000 point cards off the hook, then one of the guys himself grabbed all the remaining 1500 and subscription cards. The Dragon Quest IX I hid on Thursday was already gone, probably re-hidden in a better spot by someone else.

So I walked away with nothing, not that I really care though I have too much stuff already.

'DSE' and 'Dick Smith' trending on Twitter as well ahah

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Part of me sees this and goes "well fuck that I'm not going, look at what happened on the east".

The other part goes "well we are in WA maybe it won't be the same".

The other part just wishes the sale would end so my could stop crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom