• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinect Star Wars looks... bad.

xlarge.gif

Yagharek

Wait, since when was Gez part of AusGAF? Have I just tuned out some of their posts?

Nice to see someone who makes some damn good points in Gaming side is an Aussie.

edit: That's the best star wars thing to have been made since I dunno, 18 years ago.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Dammit cods, That's what I was going to say.

I also, Now at work, Have to do Apple DOA RMAs for a month or so just to help some people out. YAYS! Good thing I have next week off.

Rezbit

I'll be up for some L4D2 tonight after some after work drinks. Should be home early enough. Don't own killing floor :(

Hahaha, holy fucking shit.

I just had this weird-arse dream and am gently dozing after it. I then hear a voice say "Congratulations, you have been selected to take part in our anonymous survey. Please take our 30 second questionnaire, and to say thank you, we'll give you an exclusive gift".

After the dream I just had, that was creepy as fuck.

I was of course startled and surprised, but I'm not stupid. I turn on my computer to encounter an extremely delayed pop-up. After typing and reading quite a bit about RPGs earlier in the night, I think something creepy along those lines is going to feature in one of my future games.

HAHAHAH, that must have been creepy as hell. Like when you have a dream about evil robots or something and you wake up in the dark and your phone makes a dying battery noise - only worse because who expects to be spoken to?

So who would be keen for more L4D2 or KF tonight?

I don't own KF but I could be up for some L4D2 action :p

Card Boy

Banned
Looks like it'll be L4D2 tonight.

Hopefully KF will be cheap during the Easter Sales so everyone can pick it up!

I believe KF will be in the 'Be Mine' Bundle 2.

- Beat Hazard (Steamworks)
- The Baconing (Steamworks)
- Plain Sight (Steamworks)
- Madballs in… Babo: Invasion (Steamworks)
- Sol Survivor (Steamworks)
- Killing Floor (Steamworks)

Looks like the best one yet amongst all the shit we have received the last 2 weeks. It should be up sometime this month.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How much? I already have an X41 which does a fine job of decoding surround sound, but damn if that doesn't look like hot shit.

What's the USB for? Will that actually act as a soundcard/headphone amp? If so... FUCK WOW ZOMG something. And it would act as a decent headphone preamp too? Hmmmm. God damn etc.

If you have an X41 you probably don't need this, as it won't really do anything your X41s don't already do. The X41's have multiple speakers, if I'm correct. This mixamp is only for if you intend to use stereo headphones, mixing your 5.1/7.1 signal down to stereo.

USB is for power/charge. I bought the charge pack with it, so when not in use you can just leave it plugged into a USB port to charge. Takes forever to charge, but means you don't have to plug it in to actually use it.

It is basically a headphone amp, straight up. For my setup, PS3 ->optical cable-> Astro Mixamp. Plug my headphones into the mixamp and I'm getting a stereo sound mixed from 5.1/7.1 audio. From what I've gathered, it can be used with PC, but probably shouldn't be, as your PC would have to mix the sound, then it would be mixed all over again in the Mixamp. You'd be better off using a dedicated sound card on PC (which is what I'm doing).

It cost me AU$190 with shipping, but shipping alone cost me $40. I wouldn't be charging $150 for it though, because I don't think anybody would bite.

It's pretty sweet, but I never, ever use it. I bought it as part of an audio upgrade. Got myself a pair of AD700s, which sound incredible. Wanted a surround-to-stereo mixing solution for PC and console. Got a new soundcard for my PC and, for my PS3, grabbed the Astro Mixamp. I've used it literally three times, because in all honesty I just never play my PS3. I buy a new game for it once every blue moon and, even of what I've owned since I bought it, I've played with speakers and not headphones.

Sooo I'm looking to get rid of it, rather than have it sit around the house unused. There's a bunch of videos on youtube about it, if you want to learn more.

Aon

House to myself.

First thing to do: open up bombcast, build a lego x-wing

;__;

I can't decide between the Xwing and the Tie Fighter to build. I've been told the Xwing is more fun build but I like Ties xD

And queue First World Guilt pangs xD

Kinect Star Wars looks... bad.

So who would be keen for more L4D2 or KF tonight?
I'm more shocked that people expect Kinect Star Wars to be anything but bad after that initial footage was shown. And then each reveal of the shitty mini games over the last few months. Even the Rancor gameplay looks fun for a whole 90 seconds. How much is the Star Wars 360? Should have picked up a $100 Xbox for her!

Also I am keen for L4D2. Holidays baby! I should grab some alcohol but I shouldn't :(

I thought you were meant to be a Jedi, not a dancer in swkinect >_<;
Also a Rancor.

I believe KF will be in the 'Be Mine' Bundle 2.

Looks like the best one yet amongst all the shit we have received the last 2 weeks. It should be up sometime this month.
Yeah the last bundle was awesome too aside from the TERRIBLE infrastructure. Hopefully it is a bit more stable this time since most people now have an account.

Over/under on Star Wars Kinect being this generation's Atari 2600 version of E.T The Extraterrestrial?
Will be a million seller and the best selling Kinect game of the generation.

House to myself.

First thing to do: open up bombcast, build a lego x-wing

;__;
My schedule is usually: celebrate, crack open a beer, think of tons of stuff that I can do now that I am not going to be bothered and clean the house from top to bottom, open up the internet *TIME PASSES* text message from gf that they are 30 minutes away, madly run around the house clearing stacks of dishes and food packets from the floor, throw in a load of washing, poker face as they walk in the door.

Intense self loathing and disappointment until the next opportunity arises.

Shaneus

So, got this SMS this morning:
V/Line would like to sincerely apologise for the unacceptable delays experienced by our customers on the Geelong line last night. Customers affected can apply for up to two daily return trips by calling xxxxxx

Half an hour later, this:
If you are experiencing long delays when calling the call centre, you can also lodge your feedback via our website: xxxxxx

So much fail in that situation. Almost feel sorry for them... if it wasn't something as simple as a signal failure that took them at least four hours to fix up. Can't they use blinking lights or morse code or something in lieu of the existing signals? I'd have thought a diesel-powered, manually operated coloured light with communication by phone would suffice to keep the trains flowing while fixing the actual problem. Dicks.

BTW EC: Yeah, probably don't need it, but on the X41s, they only have two drivers and do the DD headphone thing, and actually have a jack on them for plugging in vanilla headphones, it's just a bit of an inconvenience to connect everything up, switch sound output on the PC and use the excessive extension cord from it's base to my other headphones (Senny HD-25s) but not really a big one.

Might put the call out to my brother though, with his new wheel he might be up for some 5.1 headphone gaming! But might not, so don't hold it at all.

PS. Ta for the heads-up re that space game, rs :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I might grab that CE and then sell it on ebay in 6 months for mad profit.

Did anyone pick up blur before today? it's currently $5 on steam and I can't for the life of me remember if we ever attempted an ausgaf night on it. It might be a decent game for mumble usage as well but it could also just suck.

Fredescu

Are Game Wave any good? Is it Australian stock?

I've got Blur cookie. I don't like it much. It looks like it should handle like a proper racer, but since it's a kart racer, it handles like one. I got it around the same time I got Split/Second which is a much better game. It's probably fun multiplayer though. I only played SP.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Are Game Wave any good? Is it Australian stock?

I've got Blur cookie. I don't like it much. It looks like it should handle like a proper racer, but since it's a kart racer, it handles like one. I got it around the same time I got Split/Second which is a much better game. It's probably fun multiplayer though. I only played SP.

Yea. I was looking at it in a similar way to, Mario kart online with voice chat. Which could be awesome or fucking horrible. It does support a good amount of players online as well instead of your usual 8 or so.

Would need rahk or x3n to host :D

Might as well get it from OZG for $53 then.
Yup, I have a few mates who put their order in with LOGS, mainly because they aren't fanatical enough to pick it up day one and have holidays organised.

You can wait 2 weeks for delivery?
The one order I made with them (12 months or more back) Still took about 7 business days to get to me.

Did anyone pick up blur before today? it's currently $5 on steam and I can't for the life of me remember if we ever attempted an ausgaf night on it. It might be a decent game for mumble usage as well but it could also just suck.
I think Shaneus had good things to say about it too. I might bite actually I still haven't even touched Hot Pursuit even though it is the 3rd newest entry in the series >_<

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think Shaneus had good things to say about it too. I might bite actually I still haven't even touched Hot Pursuit even though it is the 3rd newest entry in the series >_<

HP is actually decent. Can be a bit of fun online and trying to beat people's times, apart from frawds shortcut cheats, it's a lot of fun. We did have one or two nights with voice chat and people did seem to enjoy it.

If the L4D2 thing keeps up then hopefully we can actually start getting some different games thrown into the mix. Everytime that's attempted though it ends up failing, ausgaf style.

you know I have to do it frawd!!

If the L4D2 thing keeps up then hopefully we can actually start getting some different games thrown into the mix. Everytime that's attempted though it ends up failing, ausgaf style.
Best advice I can give is to schedule in a regular time and it doesn't matter if everyone can make it, if you can't meet that time you just miss out, no moving things around just for one person.

Eventually as long as at least two people turn up each time it'll turn into a regular thing. Might take 3-6 months of persistence though.

Are the D&D things still happening weekly?

Woo, bottom of the (50pp) page syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom