• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

$37. I used a $5 voucher from the points I had accumulated over the last year since they brought in the rewards program. You also get an extra 100 points (or 10c in voucher) for paying by Credit/Debit card rather than PayPal.

Okay, maybe I AM an enabler :(
Fuck, I only have 3,500 points. But if I spend another... $70 or so, I'll bring it to 5,000 which means I'll get that $5 voucher, then Alan Wake will only be $32! Fuck yeah, I'm gonna beat the system!

so anyone else ordered from that Harvey Norman sales and didn't get anything yet? I waited 10+ days, called; they said; they'll ring back. didn't. And just got an email today saying my order of about 7 games is backordered and should ship in 10 days. (maybe 10 days). ....

Deeku

lol how did you manage to wait 10+ whole days and not do anything? I would have rung them up the next day to confirm.

hamchan

so anyone else ordered from that Harvey Norman sales and didn't get anything yet? I waited 10+ days, called; they said; they'll ring back. didn't. And just got an email today saying my order of about 7 games is backordered and should ship in 10 days. (maybe 10 days). ....

I feel ashamed to admit I actually forgot about my order of Assassin's Creed and Catherine :/

midonnay

I got the email saying it was delayed the day I bought.... they say they'll email me back in 7 days

11 days later, it comes in the mail....no email.

Yagharek

Having the forecast would affect the actual outcome. Such a thing would work for as long as the model's operation and output are kept secret, but no further.

Then you'd spend the next hundred years working out the effects of the feedback loop.

Basically, what you're describing is Asimov's psychohistory writ small.

I agree, and I believe I mentioned this a few posts prior.

So there you have it.

Damn, some great posters in there. Boob and Dennis again? What a kill list.

So many silly posts in there too about PC gaming myths. Still. After so many threads trying to educate people. >_<

EDIT: Now that I know that cpp_is_king is a software/games developer his remarks make so much sense in a 'fuck the consumer' way.

Bernbaum

Alan wakes too scary >.<

There was one minor scare in the first 30 minutes of the game. The rest of the game was just a bunch of creepy atmosphere.

-

Fuck you, Mario Kart 7, you cheap cunt. I've 1st place trophied every event but your bullshit rubberbanding and incessant blueshell cockblocking are denying me many a three-star trophy.

-

Resistance: Retribution oscillates between tedious and 'hey, that was almost fun'. The sniping is satisfying I guess.

-

WarioWare, Inc. Mega Microgames! on the 3DS is a pure delight. Three cheers for playing games that are fun because they're fun and not playing them to unlock the achievement/perk/gnarly red-dot scope for my M-16. The Gamecube/GBA days were a simpler, happier time.
Get off my lawn

-

Can't twist my neck. Must have pulled a muscle or something. Wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have the hiccups. Gonna sleep on it before deciding whether to have a sickie tomorrow.

Mentioned my sore neck to a co-worker who promptly recommended me a chiropractor. Couldn't be arsed to tell her 'LOL, chiropractic is science-free magic!'. Had the realization that I think most people who aren't me are idiots (which is a bad, arrogant character trait); but I'm too jaded and have little firm beliefs of my own (also bad); nor the motivation or communicative nuance to convey any kind of position I may hold on a given matter (which is bad and lazy).

Got over this sobering self-realization by eating an entire family size pizza dripping in Tobasco sauce and promptly un-sobered myself with Bombardier Ale.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
guys what do i need to say when im wanting to move out? i need to give 28 days notice in writing do i just say Hi landlord, this is my official notice that I wish to move out the x of may?

HolyCheck

Do you have a lease? How long for?

12 months, im at like 10ish months now, when i moved in she said i could move out early and wouldnt be black listed or anything.

and i emailed her jan 30th to give her the heads up that I would be likely moving out in april to see if theres anything i needed to do, she just responded "Hi Nick,

You have to give 28 days’ notice in writing.

(Email is fine).

So when you know the dates, let me know and we can go from there."

markot

Banned
12 months, im at like 10ish months now, when i moved in she said i could move out early and wouldnt be black listed or anything.

and i emailed her jan 30th to give her the heads up that I would be likely moving out in april to see if theres anything i needed to do, she just responded "Hi Nick,

You have to give 28 days’ notice in writing.

(Email is fine).

So when you know the dates, let me know and we can go from there."

If you both agree its fine. Otherwise she can force you to either pay for the whole duration of the lease or find someone to replace you.

http://www.tuv.org.au/articles/files/resources/AL_breaking_a_lease.pdf more infos

HolyCheck

If you both agree its fine. Otherwise she can force you to either pay for the whole duration of the lease or find someone to replace you.

http://www.tuv.org.au/articles/files/resources/AL_breaking_a_lease.pdf more infos

ok, but I guess i'm more after is there anything specific I need to say or do? like can i just say hey heres my notice bai

or do i need to fill in this bad boy

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/libr...ing/Notice-to-landlord-of-rented-premises.pdf ?

edit: just rang the land lord she said just a quick "hi i want to move out on this date" email is fine yayaya

markot

Banned
ok, but I guess i'm more after is there anything specific I need to say or do? like can i just say hey heres my notice bai

or do i need to fill in this bad boy

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/libr...ing/Notice-to-landlord-of-rented-premises.pdf ?

I dont think so, just doing what she asked should be ok, saving a copy of ze letter of course. If you both agree to it there is no problem, as long as you clean up good. You can use that form if you want though, its pretty much the same thing.

Aon

Sorry about this, but in the interest of putting GF before internet friends I might have to bail out of Saturday. I'll try and nail down an answer as soon as I can :D

hamchan

Heh, Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition. I thought preparing to die is just normal Dark Souls. I sure hope they release the extra content as DLC for the PS3.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
your GF is now invited, and you are un invited. ;_;

Didn't arnie also bail out of the meetup?!
Ok, arnie didn't bail out. I thought clipper mentioned he did in steam chat but it looks like i interpreted it incorrectly :D

Also jambo / metalish ausgaf. If you like tool / that sort of progish sound, It might be worth checking out Soen. Ex Opeth drummer's band.

Rezbit

It has GFWL on PC -_-

FFFUUUUUUU!!!!!

GFWL has totally carked it on my system. Was able to log in to my XBL account for a while now it's just like NOPE! Can't even open the program because it just crashes. At least Bulletstorm still works without being signed in.

Aon

It has GFWL on PC -_-

As much as I'm looking forward to rebuying it, I'm sure this will be the least of the port's problems.

What's the odds the options are appalling, AA is unforceable for normal people and the performance still tanks in Blighttown and that's only an issue if the framerate isn't capped like From Dust or LA Noire.

I'm not sure why I'm so convinced the port will be terrible xD

jambo

FFFUUUUUUU!!!!!

GFWL has totally carked it on my system. Was able to log in to my XBL account for a while now it's just like NOPE! Can't even open the program because it just crashes. At least Bulletstorm still works without being signed in.

I know it's a bit heavy handed, but maybe time for a format?

If not, maybe you can uninstall it and then go through in safe mode deleting all the GFWL files and folders. Then install from scratch and hope for the best...

hamchan

People have been begging for a Dark Souls PC port for so long they'll be willing to swallow GFWL live I guess.

Also the socialize tab is working in the new Dota 2 update apparently. So we'll be able to make an AusGAF team and do team matchmaking, probably facing other teams and getting owned.

Rezbit

I know it's a bit heavy handed, but maybe time for a format?

If not, maybe you can uninstall it and then go through in safe mode deleting all the GFWL files and folders. Then install from scratch and hope for the best...

Very heavy handed. Everything else on the system is swimming along. *touch wood* Yeah I will try and uninstall. It really is just so shitty using it when you've got the amazing Steam right there.

jambo

Very heavy handed. Everything else on the system is swimming along. *touch wood* Yeah I will try and uninstall. It really is just so shitty using it when you've got the amazing Steam right there.

I normally format every 12-18 months to keep things fresh and zippy.

And I really don't understand them using GFWL, unless there is console cross play with XBLive.

They just released Ridgeracer Unbounded as a GFW game with Steamworks, then they turn around and go full retard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom