• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
got this open inspection stuff down pat.

go in near last. hand over business card when they ask for name.

coz ur one of the last in ur last to get a look in the rooms, so by thee time ur ready to talk to the realtor most are gone, so they have the time of day for you.

baaaam

Safari keeps crashing, and the error report mentions a crazy plug-in I've never heard of.

"Gamehouse Saints" plugin.

How To Fix ? How to ELIMINATE.
You gots a virus! I recommend installing MSE asap.

Picked up Brutal Legend 360 for $5 at DSE on my lunch break.
Great game, I think I picked it up from DSE years ago for $18 since it bomba so hard. Always see PS3 copies and never 360 any more.

Everyone buy it and see how exactly to do a funny game with awesome music and art design! The light RTS stuff is polarising, I thought it was okay. Just fun to get lost in the world, like in Psychonauts.

Will do! That's probably the time it'll take me to save up funds.

Hopefully it drives down 2500k prices (prob won't) and HDD prices are starting to get better again since the floods. SSD's are priced nicely now and the new series of NVIDIA cards will hopefully mean AMD drop their prices soon or the next tier of NVIDIA cards show up sooner rather than later.

Also make sure to read the PC thread a hell of a lot.

Chilling. Eating some Milk Chocolate Royals. About to play football. Meetings at uni tomorrow bleuurgh.

It's also getting cooooooold, dammit.
I know. Wearing a scarf and a trench coat today. It doesn't feel right. I didn't come to Brisbane for this!!!

About to see Sweeney Todd in play form. Whoo.

HolyCheck

Catching up on uni lectures that I've been behind on since the second week. Will be up for a game later tonight if people are keen.

im still pretty dead i think i need to stay away from gaming on week nights ;_; monday nights late night ruined me

HolyCheck

MelbGAF part two - april the 14th 4pm at some location, happy for it to be my place (holycheck) if people just want to beer and videogame

Attending:
HolyCheck
BananaArnie

Aniseed

Not Attending:
Reptilescorpio
Megadrive
Omi
EvlCookie (he'll say he will, then announce via twitter 2 hours before hand hes sick)
codswallop
Aon

it collapses...

Rezbit

Make no mistake Dota 2 still lives. It merely slumbers...while Don and ham have homework and Rezbit has shaped internet.

Spent my night rewatching Silent Hill 2 LP's. Such a great game. Still haven't grabbed the HD Collection, this shit ain't right. :(

I know. Wearing a scarf and a trench coat today. It doesn't feel right. I didn't come to Brisbane for this!!!
Been me on the walk to work all this week. Beanie for my balding head, scarf for my feepish neckbeard and big thick metro coat. Got to 21 degrees today though, went to the postoffice with my shirt sleeves rolled up. Damn nice afternoon.

You bastard. S'pose you didn't get me one...
Plenty of PS3 ones here if you need one.

Shaneus

Spent my night rewatching Silent Hill 2 LP's. Such a great game. Still haven't grabbed the HD Collection, this shit ain't right. :(

Been me on the walk to work all this week. Beanie for my balding head, scarf for my feepish neckbeard and big thick metro coat. Got to 21 degrees today though, went to the postoffice with my shirt sleeves rolled up. Damn nice afternoon.

Plenty of PS3 ones here if you need one.
I'd settle for one if it's not out of the way! I'm not fussed with the platform, I just read the 360 was a smidge better than the PS3 one and I prefer the 360 controller, but it's not much of a muchness :)

PS. Here's a picture of Jeff Minter:
iT2rE.jpg

Kritz

Banned
The AusGAF Tab UserScript

I do not like to read please just give me the link to this wonderful thing:
CHROME VERSION - source
FIREFOX VERSION - source
Note: Firefox version requires Greasemonkey.

What it does:
Adds two additional tabs to the top and bottom of NeoGAF. The AUSGAF link will take you to the current page of this thread. The subscriptions tab will take you to your subscription forum.

Why would you do this:
Because it's one less click to get to AusGAF.
I do not have an excuse for why I added the subscriptions tab.

How do I know this isn't some crazy virus thingy:
Because you can look at the source code!
The code for the firefox script is pretty much just two lines:

Code:
$(".forum-tabs").append("<li class=''><a href='http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465230&page=9999999'>AusGAF</a></li>");
$(".forum-tabs").append("<li class=' child'><a href='http://www.neogaf.com/forum/subscription.php'>Subscriptions</a></li>");

The Chrome one is only slightly more involved, because Chrome does not support some greasemonkey stuff that firefox does (Namely @requires, which allows me to pull down the jquery stuff needed). But also, if you are supes worried about me stealing all of your personal neogaf data, maybe don't install it! I don't know!

Will this script magically update to the newer threads:
Fuckin' nope. I didn't want to complicate the script by having it automatically update. What I will probably do is just update the script on userscripts, and people can redownload new versions. But also, the scripts are both so super simple that anyone can just change them (or add new tabs) as they want without any real coding knowledge. Just need to copy paste some things.

--

Um, someone quote this for the next page if you want. That way people see it tomorrow. Thanks!

Bernbaum

I've played all four Killzone games across three platforms and three out of four Resistance games (to the exclusion of R3) and they are each consistently garbage.

There have been fleeting moments of enjoyment in only two of those games (KZ2 and R:R) but overall they are all a chore to play.

How is either franchise popular?

Bernbaum

Sony gamers shooter starved something something?

In the case of Killzone, I think, we can point to that and say that Sony wanted to market something as an alternative to Halo. The first was terrible, but it was a franchise that they could build an identity around and we got the massively budgeted KZ2, which was an okay game. KZ3 was a bucket with dogpoop in it. Move-enabled dogpoop.

Resistance is a bit more perplexing - Insomniac make great action video games but the high potential of Resistance's fiction was never fully exploited and as shooters they're all drab, grey experiences. I got a feel of what they were trying to achieve with R:FoM, that is, an over-the-top weapon-driven shooter with elements of their excellent Ratchet and Clank games, but the gunplay always felt stilted and lacked the dynamic fluidity that games like Halo excel at. R2 was wholly terrible, the worst of the KZ/Resistance bunch. Haven't played R3 (but I will) and will likely only do so out of OCD.

-

New: Chris Remo on the over-dangers of playtesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom