• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

The AusGAF Tab UserScript

I do not like to read please just give me the link to this wonderful thing:
CHROME VERSION - source
FIREFOX VERSION - source
Note: Firefox version requires Greasemonkey.

What it does:
Adds two additional tabs to the top and bottom of NeoGAF. The AUSGAF link will take you to the current page of this thread. The subscriptions tab will take you to your subscription forum.

Why would you do this:
Because it's one less click to get to AusGAF.
I do not have an excuse for why I added the subscriptions tab.

How do I know this isn't some crazy virus thingy:
Because you can look at the source code!
The code for the firefox script is pretty much just two lines:

Code:
$(".forum-tabs").append("<li class=''><a href='http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465230&page=9999999'>AusGAF</a></li>");
$(".forum-tabs").append("<li class=' child'><a href='http://www.neogaf.com/forum/subscription.php'>Subscriptions</a></li>");

The Chrome one is only slightly more involved, because Chrome does not support some greasemonkey stuff that firefox does (Namely @requires, which allows me to pull down the jquery stuff needed). But also, if you are supes worried about me stealing all of your personal neogaf data, maybe don't install it! I don't know!

Will this script magically update to the newer threads:
Fuckin' nope. I didn't want to complicate the script by having it automatically update. What I will probably do is just update the script on userscripts, and people can redownload new versions. But also, the scripts are both so super simple that anyone can just change them (or add new tabs) as they want without any real coding knowledge. Just need to copy paste some things.

--

Um, someone quote this for the next page if you want. That way people see it tomorrow. Thanks!

Quoting for Krtiz 'cos he's a good kid and works hard and aint no-one read shit on the bottom of a page.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Damn the tmnt ultimate hardcover books are thick bastards. There were females in Minotaur, very strange. Lots of erotica as well and it smelled kinda bad in 1 spot! Comic books!

I need to buy a new bag before I go back and buy them. So I can carry the damn things.

Physio time!

Guy has a bacon strips & bacon strips shirt on.

Oh I might head over to the dse that's closing down and see how much they are doing off vitas. I can't imagine it being 40% haha

I don't get the love for minotaur at all, cookie. Its pretty expensive and mostly shit. Females go in there all the time. Sonic the comic is only $5 in there though so yay.

I don't get the love for minotaur at all, cookie. Its pretty expensive and mostly shit. Females go in there all the time. Sonic the comic is only $5 in there though so yay.

I like looking around there. Its the biggest nerdy shop I've seen in Aus, and there is a lot of cool stuff in there. But, like you say, its super expensive and full of weeaboo girls.

Pretty sure Minotaur used to be bigger when it was in the three (or four?) storey building on Bourke St. Basically stopped going once they moved to Elizabeth St.

Has nothing on the Nakano Mandarake.

Pretty sure Minotaur used to be bigger when it was in the three (or four?) storey building on Bourke St. Basically stopped going once they moved to Elizabeth St.

Has nothing on the Nakano Mandarake.

Minotaur then a trip to Red Rooster, good memories from the 90s. I bought my old X-Men Onslaught comic there, the one where everyone dies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
What is a half human half bird mythical creature called? :( I cant find one.

and before anyone that watches ugly americans replies *glare*

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

The tmnt stuff ends up being around the same price compared to amazon when u include shipping via non amazon since amazon is on a 1 - 2 month shipping time.

Watchmen is prob cheaper from say bookdepo.

Bourke st mall!

@Kritz: Now that I'm at work I can say that you should change this line
Code:
$(".forum-tabs").append("<li class=''><a href='http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465230&page=9999999'>AusGAF</a></li>");
to this
Code:
$(".forum-tabs").append("<li class=''><a href='http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465230&goto=newpost'>AusGAF</a></li>");
It'll go to the last unread post since last visit. Not a clue how this works for not logged-in users though.

edit: from preliminary tests (ie: incognito mode), it goes to the last page, last post. I wonder if there's a way to easily test for logged-in cookies. If they exist, do the latter, if not, the former.

edit2: i cant figure out how to easily install/uninstall this script for testing. blarghghghg

hamchan

DOTA 2 is updating!!!!

Finally we can have in-houses and talk to teammates without the other side knowing what we're saying!!!!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Big Bird.

Or Harpies (Greek).

Or Kinnaras (Buddhist).

Or Horus (Egyptian).

Angels?? They kinda count. Got wings and shit.

But seriously, Big Bird.

I dunno, that's all I can think of.
danke

DOTA 2 is updating!!!!

Finally we can have in-houses and talk to teammates without the other side knowing what we're saying!!!!
I'm keen. I bought a head set too so you guys dont have to hear the koreans.

Kritz

Banned
@Kritz: Now that I'm at work I can say that you should change this line
Code:
to this
Code:
$(".forum-tabs").append("<li class=''><a href='http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465230&goto=newpost'>AusGAF</a></li>");
It'll go to the last unread post since last visit. Not a clue how this works for not logged-in users though.

edit: from preliminary tests (ie: incognito mode), it goes to the last page, last post. I wonder if there's a way to easily test for logged-in cookies. If they exist, do the latter, if not, the former.

edit2: i cant figure out how to easily install/uninstall this script for testing. blarghghghg

That's actually super helpful. I was trying to read up vbulletin's documentation to work out how to do that.

Um, I wonder what I'd need to do to make a mac version. I wonder if I just need to make it safari compatible?

Kritz

Banned
Okay, the script has been updated. You'll have to go to the link and reinstall it that way, as both browsers don't seem to actually patch it automatically? Maybe because I didn't version it properly.

jambo

Okay, the script has been updated. You'll have to go to the link and reinstall it that way, as both browsers don't seem to actually patch it automatically? Maybe because I didn't version it properly.

I tried installing it over the top and it gave me a Downgrade Error.

Uninstalled the Extension in Chrome and installed it from scratch and it works.

Kritz

Banned
I tried installing it over the top and it gave me a Downgrade Error.

Uninstalled the Extension in Chrome and installed it from scratch and it works.

Good to know - I think it defaults to version "1" when it doesn't have a version. But I'd prefer to call it version 0.0.5 because, um, I don't believe in my work that much.

Deeku

I really wish uni taught me how to do fancy stuff in excel. It would have a. prepared me better for work when I was thrown into the deep end, and b. helped me digest all this analyst training stuff I've been doing this week much quicker.

jambo

Good to know - I think it defaults to version "1" when it doesn't have a version. But I'd prefer to call it version 0.0.5 because, um, I don't believe in my work that much.

You should get in IRC so we can distract you from your efforts

jambo

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/po...greens-leader-and-senator-20120413-1wxoz.html

Bob Brown has resigned as leader of the Australian Greens. He will also resign from the Senate.

Senator Brown made the shock announcement to his Greens Party colleagues this morning.

Senator Brown told reporters this afternoon that he was "very sad to go but very happy to make way for the depth of talent that there is in the (party)", pointing out that he was 67 years old.

Senator Brown said the agreeement signed to form minority government with Laobr would stand.

=O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom