• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spent half the day covering the local show. I stood in a bunch of cow shit and ate a (predictably) shitty dagwood dog. Still far better than the office

legend166

Just watched the last episode of Community. :D but also :( for it being finished for awhile.

nE6XR.png

Saw this on r/philosophy. Had no idea that
a) Playboy was actually worth reading
b) Kubrick was worth listening to on things beside film.

In my Modern History class in year 12 one of our sources we used was a Playboy interview with Albert Speer.

legend166

Only regarding the hoof content of the dagwood dog.

Fuck. It's already gone to the subs.

But seriously, I have to go back tomorrow and I have no idea how I'm going to write a new story for Monday's paper

Investigate the seedy underbelly of carnival life and the colourful characters that inhabit said life.

Dead Man

But I think in this life we've got to aspire to give our children what I believe to be the very best circumstances, and that's to have a mother and a father. And I'm not saying that - I'm not saying gay parents are any lesser parents, but I am being asked to legislate in favour of something that I don't believe to be the best outcome for a child
The man is a disgrace, he can't even form a sentence.

Yagharek

I love the argument that gay marriage shouldn't happen because of other important stuff.

Its one of the weakest excuses I've ever heard.

Happy Hefe beer. Buy or no buy?
I was obviously too slow on the Twitters to respond, but yeah it's a good beer. Nice mix of malt and hops - great on cool nights.

Someone here brought it to my attention (sorry, forget who), and I picked it up right away. The Mad Brewers usually put out pretty good (and often unique) stuff with their Limited Editions, so if you ever spot them just pick them up. Surprising for such a large brewer really.

Edit: Thought I had their Stout Noir in the cupboard, but actually have the Scribbly Gum. Should've drunk the Scribbly Gum over summer, oops!

FRIDAY FRIDAY WHICH BEER SHALL I EAT? YAY!

UC8zul.jpg

Taking it down smooth while watching a Lets Play! of Grim Fandango. Just finished Year One and my smile is a mile fucking wide. So good. Won't be able to stop myself watching the whole thing tonight.

Also decent weather so soccer in the park!

EVfhfl.jpg

Although after a while he just wanted to chase birds. :/
So a short walk across the road to the beach!

nonaKl.jpg

He spent a lot of time just burying his hands in the sand and watching it fall slowly off, mesmerised by gravity. Fun!

eOsCNl.jpg

So anyone here dumb enough to try and secure some facebook shares day 1? lol
Heh, my company today sent out an email to all employees asking if we wanted to put our wages towards shares in the company. NO THANKS LOL

nE6XR.png

Saw this on r/philosophy. Had no idea that
a) Playboy was actually worth reading
b) Kubrick was worth listening to on things beside film.
13CM7.gif

Kubrick was a damn visionary, even his most hated movie still got people talking and appreciating what he was trying to say. What he did outside of film is important to look at because of the effect it had on himself and the people around him. I recommend finding a documentary on the pre-production stuff he did for Eyes Wide Shut, it is pretty amazing to watch, can't recall the name but it was on ABC a year or so ago.

But seriously, I have to go back tomorrow and I have no idea how I'm going to write a new story for Monday's paper
Ask everyone for their opinion on gay marriage, then write a story about the hilarious things people say that make no sense.

I was obviously too slow on the Twitters to respond, but yeah it's a good beer. Nice mix of malt and hops - great on cool nights.

Someone here brought it to my attention (sorry, forget who), and I picked it up right away. The Mad Brewers usually put out pretty good (and often unique) stuff with their Limited Editions, so if you ever spot them just pick them up. Surprising for such a large brewer really.!
Damn good drop and a good price, $9 for 630ml! Very glad I picked it up, hit the spot perfectly.

Trying to get him to say "pretty please" tonight, all we could get was "vacuum cleaner".

Every now and then he will randomly come up and say "love you" which is nice, since whenever we prompt him for it he will be cheeky and say "ta" or something.

Kids are fun! Only decent thing I have done with my life so far. Highly recommended if it happens.

GOG Special!

DUNGEON KEEPER™ - $2.99

DUNGEON KEEPER™ 2 - $2.99

POPULOUS™ - $2.99

POPULOUS™ 2: TRIALS OF THE OLYMPIAN GODS - $2.99

SID MEIER'S ALPHA CENTAURI™ - $2.99

SIMCITY 2000™ SPECIAL EDITION - $2.99

Choc

Banned
hi,

my name is dan houser and i am an arsehole. You see i thought it was a good idea for a brand new game to lock multiplayer modes until you reach a certain level. Sounds good right? well i forgot to fucking think about what if no one is playing the old modes, and you can't find a game to find people to unlock the modes people are actually playing?

Oh, fuck. Yeah who cares, My ego is all that matters.

what a STUPID fucking decision. Its 3 days after the game came out, no one is playing the modes which are not locked at the start so i cant unlock them

good job dickheads

I like you guys, but seriously BUY THIS GAME OR YOU ALL SUCK

GOTY contender of 2011
DEUS EX HUMAN REVOCLUTION FOR $6!

Give GMG your six dollars and enjoy a fantastic PC port (nay, a fantastic PC game!) of a fantastic game that is more than worthy of the Deus Ex name. Hell, it takes the IP to a new level, the same depth and developed gameplay mechanics and world and this time has none of the jank!

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE

It is only $6!
Steam redeemable key!
Buy the fucking thing already!
GreenManGaming!

(they also have random 2 hour long deals this week, keep posted over there!)

Dead Man

hi,

my name is dan houser and i am an arsehole. You see i thought it was a good idea for a brand new game to lock multiplayer modes until you reach a certain level. Sounds good right? well i forgot to fucking think about what if no one is playing the old modes, and you can't find a game to find people to unlock the modes people are actually playing?

Oh, fuck. Yeah who cares, My ego is all that matters.

what a STUPID fucking decision. Its 3 days after the game came out, no one is playing the modes which are not locked at the start so i cant unlock them

good job dickheads

Jesus, really? MP is killing my love of gaming, which oddly enough started when I was a kid lugging my huge PC and monitor around to friends houses for MP gaming.

Choc

Banned
if i was reviewing this game i would dead set publish a 4/10

based on the fact multiplayer is broken. I don't care that people think its good

i can't play it, due to a fucking stupid decision.

i am so pissed off about it because the MP sounds good

cunts

Dead Man

GOTY contender of 2011

Give GMG your six dollars and enjoy a fantastic PC port (nay, a fantastic PC game!) of a fantastic game that is more than worthy of the Deus Ex name. Hell, it takes the IP to a new level, the same depth and developed gameplay mechanics and world and this time has none of the jank!

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE

It is only $6!
Steam redeemable key!
GreenManGaming!

LOL, just bought it on PS3 for $30 since my PC won't run it, but at that price I think I have to grab it again. Loving it so far (up to Hong Kong). Definitley feels like proper Deus Ex. I have some issues with it, but it is damn good so far.

Depends on what you have had so far! Port would be the early option. Scotch for the long haul. Rum last!
Tequila straight early, mixed with lemonade later.

if i was reviewing this game i would dead set publish a 4/10

based on the fact multiplayer is broken. I don't care that people think its good

i can't play it, due to a fucking stupid decision.

i am so pissed off about it because the MP sounds good

cunts
Separate those scores man. One for SP, One for MP.

Makes most sense. Since I won't be touching the MP anyway.

LOL, just bought it on PS3 for $30 since my PC won't run it, but at that price I think I have to grab it again. Loving it so far (up to Hong Kong). Definitley feels like proper Deus Ex. I have some issues with it, but it is damn good so far.
It is fantastic on PC, looks great and plenty to fiddle with. The UI is fantastic too, full use of the keyboard and the mouse makes interaction and inventory so much easier.

Was a great year, a true Deus Ex sequel and The Witcher 2!

Yagharek

I played two 3DS games today. One of them has good controls, the other has bad controls.

Kid Icarus and Rayman Origins demo.

Guess which is which.

Shaneus

GOTY contender of 2011

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE

It is only $6!
Steam redeemable key!
GreenManGaming!

Does Augmented appear as such in the Steam games list? I have it but have no idea if I have the AE or not :(

You also forgot that Hitman: Blood Money is only TWO DOLLLARRRUUUU. Hyped by STEVE "SCOOPS" GAYNOR on IDLE THUMBURUUUU, you shouldn't miss it. It's awesome.

Yagharek

Ill put in a negative vote for tequila. It tastes good, and wrecks you easily.

I'll add a vote for port though. Something different.

Deeku

Ah crap I totally forgot about Coldplay presale:(

Anyone else going? Gonna be a pretty awesome week with Radiohead on the Mon/Tues and Coldplay on the Sat!

-1 Tequila, 0 Rum, +2 Scotch, +2 Port.

Great, now I'm going to have scotch AND port. Bunch of enablers.

Port first since I have only one (Mr Pickwick's). Then: Dalmore or Balvenie doublewood?

Drink the first:
DXnUG.jpg

Drink the second (Dalmore):
5usqS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom