• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

None, they are all awful.

Winner.

I am eating the UQ lolly shop's finest produce after a genuinely grey day relieved only by the beautiful moment when I finished an essay 10 minutes before my laptop ran out of power. It was like Indiana Jones sliding under a stone door.

Winner.

I am eating the UQ lolly shop's finest produce after a genuinely grey day relieved only by the beautiful moment when I finished an essay 10 minutes before my laptop ran out of power. It was like Indiana Jones sliding under a stone door.

Congrats :p You couldn't continue on a uni computer?
or were they all taken by facebookers/LoL players?

That lolly shop is a blessing and a curse. Easy access to poptarts and peanut butter cups may not be in my best interests.

Shaneus

-1 Tequila, 0 Rum, +2 Scotch, +2 Port.

Great, now I'm going to have scotch AND port. Bunch of enablers.

Port first since I have only one (Mr Pickwick's). Then: Dalmore or Balvenie doublewood?

Drink the first: http://i.imgur.com/DXnUG.jpg[img]

Drink the second (Dalmore):
[img]http://i.imgur.com/5usqS.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Thanks to that second pic, any secure areas you access via fingerprint scan are now completely open to the world. Mwahahaha.

Boo!

My general rule, that's served me pretty well in the last few years, is that there must be a reason people eat and drink things for a reason. If you find you don't like something, try a different version of that thing (e.g. different brand, flavour, etc) or try it again in a couple of years.

Hated olives until I had green olives for breakfast in Turkey. Best. Things. Ever.

I would go port, rum, scotch then tequila. If I was choosing.
Ended up with the suggested port then scotch. Maybe we'll play tomorrow, but I have a few beers lined up so maybe we can play AusGAF tell me which beer to drink! Have Cantillon Kriek 100% Lambic, Murray's Heart of Darkness and Hitachino Sweet Lacto Stout as the guests of honour.

Choc

Banned
scotch

ps. having now finished MP3 it is worth playing through for sure. One of the best single player action experiences in a while. Strong story and performance from every character.

fuckin depressing though

Omikron

scotch

ps. having now finished MP3 it is worth playing through for sure. One of the best single player action experiences in a while. Strong story and performance from every character.

fuckin depressing though

Its a fucking cover shooter.

:~(

I'll kinda miss the old one ;.; It had a certain... charm..

So do I :(

YOU ARE AWFUL

I would go port, rum, scotch then tequila. If I was choosing.
Nah he already had beer, rum and tequila don't go overly great with those beers. Port resets all!

YOU ARE NO LONGER THE IMAGINARY BROTHER OF THE MATE I HAD IN HIGH SCHOOL. BECAUSE HE WAS AN ALCOHOLIC. YOU SHOULD GROW A GOATEE BECAUSE YOU ARE THE EVIL LACHLAN.

I eat cold poptarts.

Come at me.
Love cold poptarts. Hot ones burn little children like I was :(

Scotch tastes like smoke and burning. That is not fine at all.
Start out light with some Cola, ease into a high quality scotch that makes you appreciate the flavour.

Maybe we'll play tomorrow, but I have a few beers lined up so maybe we can play AusGAF tell me which beer to drink! Have Cantillon Kriek 100% Lambic, Murray's Heart of Darkness and Hitachino Sweet Lacto Stout as the guests of honour.
How bout you just post them to me and I will log into your Untappd account and drink them for you!

Oh, and have the tequila if it's coffee Patron. Holy fucking shit.
Don't have it, only silver Patron. :(

Should've had a coffee martini at Apothecary 1878 in Adelaide a few months back. They looked glorious but I'd already had enough to drink by then. Apparently they're very good there too if you happen to be in the area.

How bout you just post them to me and I will log into your Untappd account and drink them for you!
I have a bottle of Red Duck Braggot in my cupboard. IIRC it's about #350 of 504 bottles. Pop in and we'll crack it open!

Jintor

I just spent like 2 hours watching Young Justice for no reason I can fathom. It's still not as good as any of the DCAU, but it's alright. Also it has Icon and Rocket in it, so that's cool.

======================================

Hi,

Can someone please give me a proper response in relation to my order? I have gone mad trying to get a proper response from you guys.

I ordered the Diablo 3 CE on the 4th of April.

Last week when I enquired about the status, I was told that stock would arrive between the 14-16th of may and would be shipped as soon as it did.

On the 15th I was told that it had been shipped, though I did not receive an official confirmation of shipping. I had even requested that I would pay extra for express shipping but was told that it had been shipped already.

Then, on the 16th I got a reply that you’re still waiting for stock to arrive.

On 17th avro I got an automated reply that the CE has been shipped. When I enquired about this, I was issued a refund via paypal and got a confirmation of cancellation in my email. I had never requested a cancellation!!!

I sent another email and I was told that my order was actually shipped on the 16th. When I asked about the paypal refund, I was then told in yet another email that the item was not shipped but cancelled.

I again enquired about the reason for cancellation but all I got was a reply that the order had been cancelled. NO REASON WAS GIVEN!

I have no idea what is going on. Every day I got a different response, from the same person. The person who has been replying to me all this time is TAMARA.

I want a proper explanation as to why was my order cancelled. I want you to ship my order ASAP via express post or I am going to the consumer court. This is totally unacceptable.

I have all but lost my patience in this regard simply because I was deceived and made a fool off in the past 3 days.

Please give me a contact number where I can call you guys.

I want immediate action.

Thanks,

=======================================

Now, these guys have deleted all my queries from their facebook page and blocked me from posting, and no longer reply to my emails. That phone number of theirs always goes to voice mail.

What can I do ??? I ordered more than a month ago and the CE's have sold out everywhere so I can't get another one. These guys still have stock but are selling it for $260. That's why they don't want to ship it to me, so they can sell it for a higher price.

I am going to the consumer affairs office on monday and filing a formal complaint.

Who did you order from Death? Sounds sketchy. Shoulda gone with EB or JB.

I have a bottle of Red Duck Braggot in my cupboard. IIRC it's about #350 of 504 bottles. Pop in and we'll crack it open!
If I can swing it I would be totally down for that! With the current restructuring at work I am hoping at the end of the next 6 weeks I will have my workload cut back so I can make a run at higher ground. If that doesn't work out I will be heading for jobs in Geelong around the end of July anyway so not too much longer in the meat grinder down here!

Who did you order from Death? Sounds sketchy. Shoulda gone with EB or JB.

If I can swing it I would be totally down for that! With the current restructuring at work I am hoping at the end of the next 6 weeks I will have my workload cut back so I can make a run at higher ground. If that doesn't work out I will be heading for jobs in Geelong around the end of July anyway so not too much longer in the meat grinder down here!

Gamewave.

A lot of other people are also having issues with their orders, but what they are doing to me is highly unprofessional. The point is that by ordering with them more than 6 weeks ago, I committed to them and now this is a product than can no longer be obtained unless you pay a highly exorbitant price for it. By denying me this product now, they have put me in a situation where I will occur financial loss if I want to procure a replacement.

Dead Man

It is fantastic on PC, looks great and plenty to fiddle with. The UI is fantastic too, full use of the keyboard and the mouse makes interaction and inventory so much easier.

Was a great year, a true Deus Ex sequel and The Witcher 2!

Yeah, I definitely get the feeling it should be played on PC.

Gamewave.

A lot of other people are also having issues with their orders, but what they are doing to me is highly unprofessional. The point is that by ordering with them more than 6 weeks ago, I committed to them and now this is a product than can no longer be obtained unless you pay a highly exorbitant price for it. By denying me this product now, they have put me in a situation where I will occur financial loss if I want to procure a replacement.

Are you in training to be a lawyer?

Salazar

Also, Deek and anybody who cares about design, google the Design Matters podcast.

So much fucking goodness. The Erik Spiekermann interview is so godlike

Gamewave.

You gone get fucked though. Not much protection to that.

Also GameWave has always looked shitty which is why I never ordered anything from them.

Your issue of supply/demand is not a promising one, they fucked you and everyone good and proper but you don't have much recourse for it. Usually that kind of customer practise is enough to put a company out of business so just shout it until the end of time, bad word of mouth is much much MUCH more damaging than anything that our legal system can reap on them.

You and the little bloke should invest in a trawler, Rep. You could be his bosun.
Yeah I have never been one for unions and that kind of shit. This is the 21st century, no need for it! Also I do LOVE LOVE LOVE the sea. It is the thing that I could always use to calm me and make me feel normal. Just drive down in the middle of the night, chuck on the iPod and let the stress and inner rage drift out with the waves. Also he friggin loves the sea, always have to drag him away from the water. We tend to stand on the wet yucky sand while he plays on the dry sand as he will give running into the ocean a shot every now and then.

On the other hand I need space and plenty of mechanics to analyse and determine the best way to make them more efficient and effective. I am a land lubber at heart, I will end up in middle management somewhere regardless of how affluent my job description ends up.

Yeah, I definitely get the feeling it should be played on PC.
It really really really is a joy to play on PC. The only misstep they made was outsourcing the boss fights but knowing about them beforehand you can trick them easily with mines or just little exploits. Had no problem myself even with a sneaky playthrough.

Would buy another Deus Ex by that team day one no problem. They only spent 2 years on it and it turned out great!

The resolution that I will demand from gamewave is the fulfillment of my order. That is all I want.

Which would cost them their profit on the CE stock (if they actually have any at all).

Shit talk them on Facebook, Twitter, anything you can find. Post examples of them not fulfilling your order everywhere you can find. Don't give up and just keep reposting what they delete.

THAT will provoke a response from them. They can't have people losing faith in their service and will have to send out your copy.

They blocked me from their FB page, deleted my queries. I never wrote a single word of abuse or offended anyone.

I have posted on ozbargain, whirlpool and got the details of the person who registered the domain from the ACCC. I will see what they have to say on monday.

Not going down without a fight.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I just spent like 2 hours watching Young Justice for no reason I can fathom. It's still not as good as any of the DCAU, but it's alright. Also it has Icon and Rocket in it, so that's cool.

its awesome

you shut your bad mouth.

honestly, batman, robin ,nightwing and batgirl hangin out? FUCK YES

I did go and buy the standard edition from JB for $58 today. So if anyone wants a guest pass, let me know. Now only if battle.net was working I could activate my game and play for real.

I did go and buy the standard edition from JB for $58 today. So if anyone wants a guest pass, let me know. Now only if battle.net was working I could activate my game and play for real.

Fucked three ways from sunday eh?

Sometimes this generation sucks.

Go watch a Grim Fandango Lets Play! instead!

I will have the CE, one way or another (not by paying $250 though).

I remember Blizzard mentioning that if you buy the standard edition in case the CE is delayed, you can send them an email and they will deactivate the standard key once you use your CE key. So you're free to give the standard key to a friend or sell it.

I will have the CE, one way or another (not by paying $250 though).

I remember Blizzard mentioning that if you buy the standard edition in case the CE is delayed, you can send them an email and they will deactivate the standard key once you use your CE key. So you're free to give the standard key to a friend or sell it.

I would shoot them a quick PM on the Blizzard forums letting them know about the shoddy practises of GameWave anyway. They may even take more action that we would expect, they are pretty protective of their CE's.

Jintor

its awesome

you shut your bad mouth.

honestly, batman, robin ,nightwing and batgirl hangin out? FUCK YES

Direction is not inspired, especially in terms of camera shots and general background composition. Dialogue is generally pretty good, but inconsistent. That said, overall mythology is pretty fucking badass, the arc welding is great. But it's still nowhere as good as the DCAU.

Deeku

Also, Deek and anybody who cares about design, google the Design Matters podcast.

So much fucking goodness. The Erik Spiekermann interview is so godlike
Don't recognise any names lol. Shows what I know.

Will check it out though, looks interesting. A nice change from just listening to one or two gaming podcasts.

Hey, if anything that'd make them more unsettled. Both are pretty terrifying when angry.
You should mock them about their inferior cooking skills!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom