• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
*Goes to play some D3

"Server maintenence in half an hour, will last one hour."

Oh good ^_^ I mean who plays games at night time?

Deeku

Well, what on earth is there in Adelaide ?
I was just hoping it was something I could poke fun at, but alas.

How's that photo shoot coming along? You can't just post pics of stuff you bought and not model them for us
or mostly me
to critique.

Danoss

When things get better I am really looking forward to badgering you to build a good PC setup and continually try and offer up games that I hope rekindle your love of video games, whenever I have gone through a lull in the hobby I have always hit upon a solid gold vein of games in the stream of shit that flows past our wallets.

You've got an uphill battle on your hands there convincing me to return. No game that I've seen released lately has even stirred an interest in playing, and my Steam list isn't inspiring me either. I used to have Steam auto-load on startup, I switched that off now it no longer serves a purpose. I've been thinking of deleting the Steam folder, though perhaps backing it up on the off chance I do make a return. It'll be interesting to see though, I'll admit. I'm just having too much fun with tabletop games, they're really hard to beat.

On the matter of SydGAF board games, it's becoming more and more likely that I'll be able to make it. I'm feeling much better today. The pain is pretty much gone, I'll see how it goes over the next couple of days. I still haven't been contacted about the wedding, so that's probably not going to happen at all, which is fine by me. I hope I haven't spoken too soon.

AtBb45jCQAExLIc.jpg

Always makes me sad to see :(

Shaneus! Well this. Interest?

Also Far Cry 2 is now DRM free for $10 on GOG! Will go well with my free PSN+ copy. One day. Not today.
Also Resonance for pre-order for $9 on GOG! Looks pretty cool. Don't think they did anything more than publish Gemini Rue though, more than think.

Kinda want. <_>

Lets all remember Grim Fandango! And not have to fiddle with the annoying Keyboard controls!

EDIT: No way Shan! Mr Hong will always be from Big Trouble In Little China & Bladerunner for me! Although Mulan and Kung Fu Panda were also good roles...

1 out of 5 classes in Borderlands 2 will be available only to pre-order customers and those who buy the game Day One and after will need to pay for it.

Guess who isn't buying Borderlands 2 even after buying the first game day one, the first DLC day one and buying the GOTY edition day one!

Dead Man

EDIT: No way Shan! Mr Hong will always be from Big Trouble In Little China & Bladerunner for me! Although Mulan and Kung Fu Panda were also good roles...

1 out of 5 classes in Borderlands 2 will be available only to pre-order customers and those who buy the game Day One and after will need to pay for it.

Guess who isn't buying Borderlands 2 even after buying the first game day one, the first DLC day one and buying the GOTY edition day one!

Wow, that is some serious douche level move.

On closer inspection they plan on developing it AFTER the game is released. Still very, very annoying that they have already detailed the class all out and offered it up as a carrot already. Similar to a Season Pass kind of DLC I guess.

All it makes me want to do is wait for the inevitable GOTY/Complete edition.

Very shrewd business acumen. Lock people in with a RRP pre-order in order to get another class down the track. I am actually a little impressed underneath my intense frustration.

Shaneus

AtBb45jCQAExLIc.jpg

Always makes me sad to see :(

Shaneus! Well this. Interest?

Also Far Cry 2 is now DRM free for $10 on GOG! Will go well with my free PSN+ copy. One day. Not today.
Also Resonance for pre-order for $9 on GOG! Looks pretty cool. Don't think they did anything more than publish Gemini Rue though, more than think.

Kinda want. <_>

Lets all remember Grim Fandango! And not have to fiddle with the annoying Keyboard controls!
Screw multiquote.

1) Yeah, that's a sad pic :(
Edit: I hadn't actually checked their website for a week:
SJIFz.png

First thing I've seen from either (either, of two... fucking hell, that still hurts :( ) of the guys since MCA's passing. Respect.

2) Kinda! I think I signed up for the beta, but I have an everlasting hatred for Codies with how much they fucked up the PC versions of F1 2010 and 2011 (2011 will not run in DX11 at all with >2 ATI GPUs. Fucking shithouse. And they never acknowledged why/offered a patch. And despite only having 3 patches with which to do things with (GFWL) they still basically reserved one of those for shit they knew about before it went gold. Fuck em.)

FarCry2) It still sits, unplayed, in my Steam list :(

Jintor

So I was just at the weirdest press event, and it wasn't weird deliberately. I don't think I'm embargoed about the event itself, just the information in it, but basically they herded us into a bar and there was a traditional theatre setup; screen and rows of chairs. Everyone sat down and then they were all "And now, the developers!"

And then they played pre-recorded dev videos at us.

And then all our interviews were via Skype, or, in my case, on a mobile phone.

...?

Clipper

In the spirit of removing backgrounds (I've been bothered by them too, but didn't want to act without it being stated first, but now we're doing it...):
snake.png

Also, if you feel like supporting Tex Murphy:
snake2.png

On the matter of SydGAF board games, it's becoming more and more likely that I'll be able to make it. I'm feeling much better today. The pain is pretty much gone, I'll see how it goes over the next couple of days. I still haven't been contacted about the wedding, so that's probably not going to happen at all, which is fine by me. I hope I haven't spoken too soon.
Yay! So here's the current stats on attendance:
Confirmed: Clipper, Doncamatic, Marshmellow
Confirmed but may need to leave early: Rahk
Likely: Danoss

Perhaps we'll get in some Merchants & Marauders after all! Pity it's only a 4 player game, though...

Danoss

Perhaps we'll get in some Merchants & Marauders after all! Pity it's only a 4 player game, though...

I might bring 7 Wonders then. I played it for the first time a fortnight ago and I'm sure you guys will like it. It supports 2-7 players, but I think anything below 4 players isn't worth playing. Lucky there'll be 5 if I turn up.

Also, if Hamchan's avatar is wearing a hat, it'll need some slight shading on the face to sell it.

cSINc.png

Danoss

DANOSS THANK YOU FOR EXCELLENT PNG FILE MANY THANKS.

Pleasure :)

Danoss, sure I have said this before, but 7 wonders i great. Good gateway as well IMO.

Got the leaders expansion?

You certainly have, I think you mentioned playing it at lunch with work colleagues. With the number of games available to our group, it takes a while to get around to playing something new. 7 Wonders was worth the wait, it was a big hit and I think we played like 3 games in a row. It certainly is a great gateway game, once you near the end of the 2nd Age of the first game, it just clicks with everyone how it all works and how to manipulate things, it's amazing to see and experience.

My favourite moment of the first game was in the 3rd Age and the second person to my left was accumulating a crap-ton of science. In my hand I had a piece of science that would give him the 7-point combo. I was coming last and couldn't give a shit, plus it was perfect for an arsehole "I'm not gonna do it, so you have to" play to the person on my left. I built something that helped me out and passed my hand to the left. I said to the recipient "I left you a present in there man" and laughed. He looked at the hand when it was time, glared at me when he saw the science and said "You... CUNT!" I laughed even harder. It's still funny now.

I have the Leaders expansion but haven't cracked it open yet, I'll look at it soon enough. The Cities expansion is supposed to be just around the corner.

Man, I was just going to say how Borderlands 2 was going to fulfill my Diablo quota for the year and they're locking shit out? Maaaaan.
I'm probably still going to get it. Fuck you dubious marketing practices

I might bring 7 Wonders then. I played it for the first time a fortnight ago and I'm sure you guys will like it. It supports 2-7 players, but I think anything below 4 players isn't worth playing. Lucky there'll be 5 if I turn up.

Also, if Hamchan's avatar is wearing a hat, it'll need some slight shading on the face to sell it.

cSINc.png

Sounds awesome dude, i couldn't bring it due to luggage allowance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom