• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

Ugh stayed up too late to watch coverage of facebook stock debut. Pretty surprised at the disappointing start, guess there are a lot more skeptics out there.

Also, American tv commentators are annoyingggg.

Canadians are so nice they wouldn't stop you from doing so. In fact, they'd wish you a heartfelt farewell as you walked out, too.
Haha! They are too (but these were paid for).

The comics were the Firefly, Dollhouse and Fringe continuations / side stories. My better half is a big fan of J.J. Abrams and Joss Whedon. Considered getting Scott Pilgrim too, but the full box set was like $70.

I don't know if I mentioned that also bought the first three Wheel of Time books a few days ago. What have I done?

Salazar

Don't spend too much time or money on books beyond those three, VKS. It's enjoyable stuff for a while, but fuck. It gets maddeningly circuitous.

Also there was no discussion of Casey Stoner announcing he will retire at the end of the season, which he will most likely win. Pretty huge news that has been rumoured for a long time. On the same day Rossi said he has another 3 years in him, nice to see the fire still burning for some.

Woah, did you guys hear about the new wiggles? Makes me wonder why Sam was really ousted.

Money.

Rezbit

Also there was no discussion of Casey Stoner announcing he will retire at the end of the season, which he will most likely win. Pretty huge news that has been rumoured for a long time. On the same day Rossi said he has another 3 years in him, nice to see the fire still burning for some.

Why he decided to retire. Pretty much boils down to "the competition sucks."

Also crappy WA cricketer Luke Pomersbach is in the poo in India for allegedly assaulting someone.

senahorse

Let us know how it goes. I've always wanted one but just can't see it working all that great.
Just ran one of our XV-21's for the first time today.

This is our first robotic vacuum but all I can say is wow. We are completely astounded at the amount of cat hair it picked up (and this is from 2 short hair cats that don't shed much), at first we were a little skeptical at the size of the bin but after seeing how tightly it compacted everything in there we were amazed that it was still picking stuff up at the end of its run. It got about 2/3rd of our top floor done on its charge before making its way back to the charge station to recharge before coming back to complete it's job.

A few of things we noticed.

1) It doesn't get right to the edges (but this is something we knew about long before ordering these so no surprises there), that's what our DC35 is for.

2) Surprisingly our cats weren't terrified of it as they are with a push vacuum.

3) It's actually a lot quieter than we expected and the sound isn't like a normal whiny vacuum but more so like a high speed fan (a constant 'whoosh' sound)

4) It doesn't like cords, but it never got stuck and always got out of sticky situations. Having said that it's obviously better not to have cords/cables lying around everywhere.

5) It didn't do my study so when I am playing Diablo later on with my headphones on it will probably scare the crap out of me lol

All in all, we are over the moon with these vacuums, one more tedious chore more or less off the list :D

Why he decided to retire. Pretty much boils down to "the competition sucks."

Also crappy WA cricketer Luke Pomersbach is in the poo in India for allegedly assaulting someone.

Yeah I knew that, was just surprised it hadn't been talked about on here since we get into some pretty mundane stuff at times and the world champion retiring from the sport due to a lack of interest is a big deal. I said at the start of the season to my partner that Stoner would end up driving something with 4 wheels before he hits 30, I expect the birth of his daughter and the tragic death of Sic last year have weighed heavy on his mind too.

I had no idea Pomersbach was listed over there, lol. I think he played one or two top level games for Australia?

Cohsae

Yeah I have 3 friends who are playing who've each dced like once? Meanwhile I'm copping it like crazy. Everything else internet related I'm doing works fine. Every other game works fine. And Blizzard's suggestions of "restart your modem", "forward some ports" aren't filling me with confidence at this point.

Yagharek

Yeah I have 3 friends who are playing who've each dced like once? Meanwhile I'm copping it like crazy. Everything else internet related I'm doing works fine. Every other game works fine. And Blizzard's suggestions of "restart your modem", "forward some ports" aren't filling me with confidence at this point.

Take it back and demand a refund. Its clearly not fit for purpose.

Torchlight 2 beta weekend but I'm not home to play it, sadface!
How do us pre-order people get in on the beta!

"restart your modem"
"forward some ports"
"turn it on and off again"
"put on a pot of coffee"
"grab your self a copy of WoW while you wait"
"maybe it is because you didn't buy Starcraft 2, try that"

Frawdder

Torchlight 2 beta weekend but I'm not home to play it, sadface!
Hell yeah, me too, will post some impressions after I've played a bit.

How do us pre-order people get in on the beta!
https://secure.runicgames.com/

I don't know if it's too late to get for this weekend but sign up anyway.

While we're on the subject of click-click-loot games, I have 3 beta keys for Path of Exile (the F2P APRG from some Kiwi guys that is really good) if anyone wants to give it a go. I think they are moving towards an open beta period in the coming months so everyone can soon try it out.

Anyone used Shop.To before? Will try with a small DLC purchase. They sell UK codes so I don't see an issue with them and the feedback on the Steam forums is positive.

EDIT: Huh, seems like it is a banned site?
Thanks Vince, no cheap stuff for me.

you're clearly doing something wrong..

I've been logged in since about 9am

The only time I've dc'd in Diablo so far has been when holycheck joined my game for a bit. >.>

You know what's great about Diablo 3? How I'm getting disconnected every 5 minutes. SUPER AWESOME FUN TIME

I am actually sleep deprived because of Diablo 3. Have to beat Hell difficulty before exams in a month.

What server are you guys playing on, SEA?

Yagharek

Wtf port.

Hoping for an epic essendon v tigers game tonight. Both teams in good form. Big change from recent years when neither side has been consistent.

Only the 'Pocket' edition for iPhone, not the highfalutin iPad one. I've installed it on my work iPad regardless so if anyone wants to play, add me to Game Center (quote to see username).

Tonight's beer plan is to drink Cantillon Kriek 100% Lambic, Hitachino Nest Sweet Stout (Lacto) then finally Murray's Heart of Darkness. Any suggestions on a different order? Thinking about swapping the first two around as the fruity and tart lambic might be a good palate cleanser.

That looks pretty fun, and I generally hate board games.
It's the only 'premium' board game I own and it is definitely good fun. Plus, it's free (today)!

Man the crusaders are crushing the blues. Absolute demolition. Puts the rebels win against them in a positive light. No one here actually cares about super rugby do they?

Regardless Coopers back for the reds tonight. Its either the start of a come back or the realisation no one player can save a whole team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom