• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the only problem with this (and Diablo 3) is that it's not significantly different than Diablo 2 which came out more than a decade ago. Surely someone involved could come up with unique ideas in that time? I'll cut the Torchlight guys a little more slack since their sequel didn't take 12 years, and they're a much smaller developer, but even so...
Pets man! PETS!
I don't have to town portal back, I can just load him up and keep going on my merry way!

Also cannons are soooo much fun. Dual pistols too.

It's fucked. All the leads in it have lent their support, except for Chase (obvious, also he's not on Twitter) and Donald Glover (surprising, but I noticed his record label is parented by Sony... hmm) and one of their best writers hasn't been given a contract to sign for next season either (Megan Ganz, who wrote the first bottle episode, the timeline episode and another awesome one... where Britta briefly becomes a wedding planner (I think?) ). Maybe not for the network, but for the fans this is definitely a ship that's sinking very fucking quickly.
Again, they don't care. They just want a cheap way to get the season out and get to syndication. If it happens to improve on the old ratings they may think twice. As it stands they just want to get it out there and see exactly how much the audience cares about or knows about the person behind the show, rather than what is on the screen in front of them.

Hell, plenty of shows turn to shit and the ratings don't drop until into the next season. Will be a good case study for them.

Community fans seem happy with the ending they got so this next short season could be an epilogue of sorts, or a hilarious alternate ending, like in Silent Hill!

AusGAF knows clothes sometimes right? What about shoes?

I need somewhere to buy sneakers online. I can't wear thongs everywhere now that it's getting cold and my old ones are falling apart. Where is good? Everywhere I look sells mostly women's shoes or is in Europe or some crap.

My favourite Australian comedian at the moment is Sam Simmons. Anybody who wants to see something funny that deviates entirely from normal stand-up should check him out. Absurd is really the only word to describe his shows.

I like him on triple j. I caught one of his stand-up shows on abc TV. It was just odd for odd's sake. I didn't find it that great.

Y Adam Spencer's fucking awesome. What happened to him, anyway? Still in media or busy being a fucking genius?

He's been doing the breakfast shift on Sydney ABC Radio for quite a while.

Choc

Banned
Adam's radio show on ABC goes 100 miles per hour. Its fucking insane how much content he fits into 4 hrs

its like he doesn't stop. Its sooooo fast. I like it though.

Deeku

Finished watching Usagi Drop today, sooo good. Such a cute, wonderful, peaceful and innocent anime about being a single parent/raising a kid. So then I decide to go on wiki and read about what happens next in the manga.........D:

Never crossed my mind that the series would/could go there to be honest.

Why not make EVERY FLAT SURFACE IN YOUR HOUSE drawable ???!!
I like this idea.

I need somewhere to buy sneakers online. I can't wear thongs everywhere now that it's getting cold and my old ones are falling apart. Where is good? Everywhere I look sells mostly women's shoes or is in Europe or some crap.
How about this?

Dead Man

http://www.styletread.com.au/ is pretty good, I've bought some shoes from there, not too many sneakers though.
Well, now it's my turn to make a "my dog died" post :(

Amy made my childhood really special.
Damn man, sorry to hear that.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
tore through fifty pages of Cloud Atlas last night, then switched over to watch a 1080p version of The Muppets (2011), then switched back to read another 50 pages of Cloud Atlas.

Best. Sleep. Ever. I've never woken up feeling more refreshed. Tablets rock.

Yagharek

tore through fifty pages of Cloud Atlas last night, then switched over to watch a 1080p version of The Muppets (2011), then switched back to read another 50 pages of Cloud Atlas.

Best. Sleep. Ever. I've never woken up feeling more refreshed. Tablets rock.

Snooze? /The Goodies

Bernbaum

Well, shit was cray. Quite cray.

No opening acts, no drawn out pause before the encore, just two hours of hits topped off with Niggas in Paris played six times. We're talking 30 minutes of 'That shit cray' before the ugly lights came on.

Probably the best concert I've been to, and I've been to hundreds (even if most of those were punkrock shows at Club Squirt at the Gabba back in the day). Something about seeing two of the biggest names in their genre playing at one the biggest live venues of one of the world's best cities. Oh and Rihanna was there for two songs. That's twice I've seen her as surprise - the first being at Activisions's pre-E3 party as press in 2010. Kanye is simultaneously a genius and a bit of an idiot but hands down one of the best showmen in the business regardless what you think of him. Nice number of tracks from MBDTF thrown in as well which worked great live despite the absence of guest artists.

On a national train back home right now. Head will probably hit the pillow at 12:30, which ain't too bad for a school night.

Sorry dude, always sucks that we have to say goodbye to those who have had a big impact on our lives.

Its really cold. That is all.
Agreed, fucking froze on the walk to work even with a beanie, scarf AND trenchcoat. Need to lose some weight so I can get the damn thing zipped up with all my gear on again.

Well, shit was cray. Quite cray.

No opening acts, no drawn out pause before the encore, just two hours of hits topped off with Niggas in Paris played six times. We're talking 30 minutes of 'That shit cray' before the ugly lights came on.

Probably the best concert I've been to, and I've been to hundreds (even if most of those were punkrock shows at Club Squirt at the Gabba back in the day). Something about seeing two of the biggest names in their genre playing at one the biggest live venues of one of the world's best cities. Oh and Rihanna was there for two songs. That's twice I've seen her as surprise - the first being at Activisions's pre-E3 party as press in 2010. Kanye is simultaneously a genius and a bit of an idiot but hands down one of the best showmen in the business regardless what you think of him. Nice number of tracks from MBDTF thrown in as well which worked great live despite the absence of guest artists.
If you saw this show in Paris it would be totally cool.

Also super jelly, Kanye is amazing on stage and it sounds like they pulled out all the stops for this show. Sounds like a perfect setlist too.

You continue to live the life everyone else wants so I hope a soccer hooligan takes a shit on your shoes at lunch time and asks you to put it in a meat pie.

Dang it, I hate cancer. Also the third musician lately to pass away that was a large part of my music circle growing up. My mum was the first to tell me today, she has a heap of Bee Gees vinyl that I will have to "borrow" now.

Maurice died back in 2003 which makes me worry that there will be another bass player to pass away soon :(

Salazar

Finished watching Usagi Drop today, sooo good. Such a cute, wonderful, peaceful and innocent anime about being a single parent/raising a kid. So then I decide to go on wiki and read about what happens next in the manga.........D:

Never crossed my mind that the series would/could go there to be honest.

lol. I'm so glad the anime cut off.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Worst sleep ever.

Went to make a cuppa tea around 11pm, sink was full so couldn't get the kettle in there, so hollding the kettle I started to reshuffle items in the sink. Then a chopping board fell directly onto my big toe ;_;

Then the kettle boiled while I hobbled around in pain yelling. Then it finished and I poured the hot water into my tea cup. Then my cup shattered and hot water went all over my leg and foot that had just been decimated by choppingblock '12.

So then I didn't have any coffee cups left so got a clean/empty pasta sauce jar and poured a new cuppa tea in that.

Then I went to the fridge to see we were out of milk.

At this point I went hulk, slammed the fridge door shutt and swearing. Then my house mate who had been pissing himself laughing the whole time at the thought of us having to share one coffee mug like brett and jermaine in flight of the conchords went to get me some milk.

Then I didn't sleep til like 4 thanks to the pain in my foot.

Now I'm late for work.

The end.

HolyCheck is in reality some sort of sitcom character confirmed.

I had the opposite problem yesterday, I'd let the dishes pile up over the weekend due to extreme weekend laziness and promised the wife I'd do them today after work. While watching TV last night she suddenly stood up and announced she couldn't take it any more and went off and did a load of dishes.

I'm not sure if that's a win or a loss... but I'll take it.

Omikron

I had the opposite problem yesterday, I'd let the dishes pile up over the weekend due to extreme weekend laziness and promised the wife I'd do them today after work. While watching TV last night she suddenly stood up and announced she couldn't take it any more and went off and did a load of dishes.

Loss. Definitely.

Also, braver man than I.

Short term win, long term loss.

And sorry Holy but that is hilarious. As long as you're not suffering from burns or a broken toe or anything. Although that would give you an excuse for being late to work.

Shaneus

Fuck, sorry to hear about Amy, Ventron :(

There's been a shit amount of deaths in the music world as well. Another Gibb brother, Hester's replacement in Crowded House, Donald "Duck" Dunn, MCA, the dude from Men At Work... far too many. Shit sucks.

My lecturer decided to cancel the class and put the ONLY notification on the lecture door. Gaaaah. I could have slept in longer.

Shoes are the one thing I wouldn't buy online, at least not without trying them on first.
When is brisGAF on shan? i am totally out of the loop
Uuum, whenever clipper and Choc are here. June/ July time?

I'm really sorry man, she was a great dog..
:(

Stackboy

I know these quotes are from pages back but I've been busy with Diablo 3 and real life and only just caught up on the thread. I love youse guys.

In an interview banksy himself said he doesn't care if they paint over or destroy his work. It is the nature of street graffiti or art or whatever you want to call it.

Love the loot chest and the bobblehead but FUCK YOU GEARBOX FOR LOCKING ONE OF THE CLASSES OUT FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T PREORDER
borderlands-2-collectors-edition-pre-orders-open.jpg

At the Gearbox Panel at PAX East this year (I WAS THERE YOU GUYS), Gearbox explained that this new character was only started recently and that's why it's a dlc character.

I'm still obsessed with the new SSX and this weekend got back into Rock Band 3, thanks to some Rage Against the Machine tracks being released for it. Can't wait for Rock Band Blitz. Was really fun at PAX East.

Shaneus

jSWgf.png

Edit: Yeah, that's a fair point on that. If people want Banksy's work preserved, do a better job of it. Otherwise, that's the nature of graffiti.

BTW If you get a chance, make sure you watch his doco. It's REALLY fucking good.

jSWgf.png

Edit: Yeah, that's a fair point on that. If people want Banksy's work preserved, do a better job of it. Otherwise, that's the nature of graffiti.

BTW If you get a chance, make sure you watch his doco. It's REALLY fucking good.

Grimey, as he liked to be called.

OK, you guys have redeemed by belief in Borderlands 2 (not that I was ever not going to get it). Now I just have to decide if I should pre-order for the mechromancer it and pay the ridiculous prices JB or EB charge or get it on release from someone charging an acceptable price and pay for the extra DLC like a sucker.

Edit: There is no s in Grimey

Now I'm late for work.

The end.
Solution: Get home from work, throw out all the shit in the sink into the bin.

Go to KMart and buy mugs, glasses, plates, bowls, cutlery. 4 of each all identical.

LOSS - she gained relationship points and you lose a few for not getting up and helping her do them.

I also had a similar threat leveled against me after I played a bit too much Torchlight 2 after the little guy went to sleep and the fiancee wanted to watch something with me. She didn't actually go and do them but she was pissy about it until I eventually went and watched some Simpsons with her.

In an interview banksy himself said he doesn't care if they paint over or destroy his work. It is the nature of street graffiti or art or whatever you want to call it.
It's more the cafes in the area that would care since that is one less tourist attraction to draw people to their business.

OK, you guys have redeemed by belief in Borderlands 2 (not that I was ever not going to get it). Now I just have to decide if I should pre-order for the mechromancer it and pay the ridiculous prices JB or EB charge or get it on release from someone charging an acceptable price and pay for the extra DLC like a sucker.
Best thing would be either to pre-order it or wait until 2 months after release to import it for like $35-40 and then pay for the DLC.

jambo

This is for Kritz

The Lee Enfield is a paradox:
You need the Enfield so you can shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to shoot the horde of zombies that come when you shoot the enfield that you needed to... just dont pick the fucking gun up!

Omikron

Thomson speech thingy is weird. But he just dropped info that Channel 7 were trespassing outside his bathroom window. While his wife was showering.

wtf.

Choc

Banned
Thomson speech thingy is weird. But he just dropped info that Channel 7 were trespassing outside his bathroom window. While his wife was showering.

wtf.

i actually believe that.

Journalism in this country has gone to shit

lol IGN, can't they just die already?

So what, did we just get gypped out of a Solar Eclipse or something?
Seems like everyone did. Still some nice photos though!

Also: Fruit Ninja arcade machine in Geelong: (click for bigger)
When were you in Geelong? We should have had a meetup! Also Fruit Ninja arcade is indeed fun as hell. Although Timezone is a danger spot for irate at-risk-youth hanging around out the front.

Omikron

i actually believe that.

Journalism in this country has gone to shit

Mmm. Thomson doesn't seem the most trustworthy witness, but still. Disgraceful if true.

Pyne is now trying to suspend standing orders to get a word in on the Thomson thing. Idiots.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
$16 for 10 satchels of lemsip lemon, How about no mr servo in malvern. Well it's servo pricing so that's probably to be expected, I didn't bother checking the chemist across the road since i'm sure it would have been $15. Prices around here are just nuts.

My ears also seem blocked, So that's fun.

Maybe the exercise tonight from physio will get rid of it or the insanely hot short blonde who works there. Doubt either of those are going to work.

Still can't get over how good TL2 actually was. Can't wait for that to actually come out now.

When were you in Geelong? We should have had a meetup! Also Fruit Ninja arcade is indeed fun as hell. Although Timezone is a danger spot for irate at-risk-youth hanging around out the front.

Couple of weeks ago with the missus to go shopping for Mothers Day. I was only in town for about 3 hours and didn't even think of it, sorry rep! :p

$16 for 10 satchels of lemsip lemon, How about no mr servo in malvern. Well it's servo pricing so that's probably to be expected, I didn't bother checking the chemist across the road since i'm sure it would have been $15. Prices around here are just nuts.
When I said hot water with lemon to you over Twitter I literally meant a mug of boiling water with a slice of lemon! You could also put in a little honey if it's too tart. Lemsip also has paracetamol of some sort to numb the pain in your throat. If you don't have that, don't take it.

Choc

Banned
Are you seriously trying to defend those practices Choc?

Not all of them

Whinging about having Kids in a show and also whinging about talking financials is FUCKING STUPID

when its a BUSINESS EVENT that affects shareholders views of a company. its not a show me your fucking games only event

there is a lot of stuff that happens @ e3 which has nothing to do with showing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom