• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
Whilst I don't agree with what QF is doing i am for one fed up with this bullshit that politicians and unions are going on with

'as the national carrier'

it stopped being the national carrier the day the Government sold it. If you want it to be the national carrier, re-nationalise it or at least offer subsidies and tax breaks. AND implement restrictions on foreign aircraft at our major ports like the other nations with national carriers do

every other 'national' carrier (Air New Zealand, British Airways for example) has these protections. Qantas cannot be a national carrier and act in the truly national interest whilst it does not get these same benefits.

As a free market Business qantas will do whats best for shareholders. Thats the way it is. They should do something to re-nationalise it, either via subsidies, or buy it.

markot

Banned
Pretty sure they want to ditch Qantas and replace it with some cheapo airline anyway so a boycott will just quicken the quickening.

Choc

Banned
Your taxes pay for my Qantas flights. 8)

Government contracts. 8)

national carrier in everything but funding and subsidies

indeed omi :p

also, i dont think they want to get rid of Qantas. They want to start a new airline yes, but Red Q got put on the backburner, in case you guys didnt read. The partnership is now via jetstar not qantas

Red Q is dead.

Omikron

national carrier in everything but funding and subsidies

indeed omi :p

;)

Also, this error message, while nice, isn't useful without full dates. Nor detail on what will change.

AtadyK6CIAAAq5R.png

Thanks Steam.

JMizzlin

Howdy AusGAF! My name’s Jordan (you guys know me as Eye Drop) and I am a 19-year-old student from Brisbane. I’m currently a top 5 finalist in Microsoft’s Xbox E3 Insider competition. Here is my original video submission that got me into the finals.

The competition is currently in it’s community voting stage and I’m up against some tough competition, so I need YOUR help! Voting is open to Australian 360 gamers with Xbox Live (both Gold and Silver) and is accessible via the dashboard.
Here's the video with a guide on how to vote for me!

I didn’t go into the reasons for my selection in the video because I didn’t want to bore anyone, however here is a little justification as to why I believe I deserve to win the trip to E3.

I’ve been passionate about the magic of E3 for many years and find no greater enjoyment than watching the professionalism and excitement of the press conferences. I’m checking gaming news websites every day and am relied upon by my peers as a source of the latest news from the gaming world. To go to E3 would be the epitome of my daily habits and would be excellent experience going towards my Bachelor of Communications.

I also have a quirky sense of humor, but know when it’s time to be professional and do my duty. At E3 I’ll bring you the latest news with a smile and a joke, adding some flavor to the festivities.

Hopefully you’ll find favor in my application and trust me to do the best I can at E3 2012. Thanks for voting :)

The only time I've ever been called "ma'am" was on a QF flight, so yeah.

At first I saw nothing wrong with this. "Oh, what polite staff!... oh wait".

Pretty sure they want to ditch Qantas and replace it with some cheapo airline anyway so a boycott will just quicken the quickening.

They've been funneling money into Jetstar to make it look like its making more money than qantas. Jetstar costs them a lot less money, so they're trying to make that their major carrier.

I am a 19-year-old student from Brisbane.

*hi five*

Howdy AusGAF! My name’s Jordan (you guys know me as Eye Drop) and I am a 19-year-old student from Brisbane. I’m currently a top 5 finalist in Microsoft’s Xbox E3 Insider competition. Here is my original video submission that got me into the finals.

The competition is currently in it’s community voting stage and I’m up against some tough competition, so I need YOUR help! Voting is open to Australian 360 gamers with Xbox Live (both Gold and Silver) and is accessible via the dashboard.
Here's the video with a guide on how to vote for me!

I didn’t go into the reasons for my selection in the video because I didn’t want to bore anyone, however here is a little justification as to why I believe I deserve to win the trip to E3.

I’ve been passionate about the magic of E3 for many years and find no greater enjoyment than watching the professionalism and excitement of the press conferences. I’m checking gaming news websites every day and am relied upon by my peers as a source of the latest news from the gaming world. To go to E3 would be the epitome of my daily habits and would be excellent experience going towards my Bachelor of Communications.

I also have a quirky sense of humor, but know when it’s time to be professional and do my duty. At E3 I’ll bring you the latest news with a smile and a joke, adding some flavor to the festivities.

Hopefully you’ll find favor in my application and trust me to do the best I can at E3 2012. Thanks for voting :)

You really didn't need to sell this to us with so much formality. More swearing would have helped to.

You could have just said you were BrisGAF. We have lots of cred.

I would vote if I fit the criteria.

Or yeah this.
But seriously, you seem cool and I'm all for Brisbane based journalism students.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Not for Microsoft, but there's nothing stopping me checking them out in my free time and reporting back to GAF :)

Free time? You've never been to E3 then :p

Good luck dude, E3 is fun I went when I was 20.

Oh yeah and dont forget you can't drink over there.

Gazunta

Eye Drop will you spend a large portion of your time talking to Microsoft ignoring whatever game they're showing you and just shouting WHERE THE FUCK IS CRACKDOWN 3?

Tell them to fund another Rise of Nations. And don't be dicks and fire them this time, RoL was only a misstep!

Your taxes pay for my Qantas flights. 8)

Government contracts. 8)
Your taxes pay for my salary. Plus every day I get to spend your taxes in whatever way I can 'justify' 8)

Recession proof industry mine is! People will continue to break shit and make the tax payer foot the bill! 8)

also, i dont think they want to get rid of Qantas. They want to start a new airline yes, but Red Q got put on the backburner, in case you guys didnt read. The partnership is now via jetstar not qantas
Qantas want to hire cheap overseas labour. They want to maximise profits.

Howdy AusGAF!

Got my vote! Also this what you have to look forward to,
chocolatekinectjvc5c.gif

Where you studying? I'm at Griffith.
Hah, my sister is 19 and studying at Griffith. Actually maybe is is 20. Nah she is 20, I am sure she is 5 years younger than me and I think I am 25, probably.

ANYWAY STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY SISTER

I will not vote otherwise.

Second. I don't actually care that much about Crackdown 3 (sorry Gaz) I just want to see a video of Eye Drop screaming that in the middle of a press conference

Also Griffith? More like GriffTAFE amiright shan! God, why has no one ever made that joke before?

JMizzlin

Free time? You've never been to E3 then :p

Good luck dude, E3 is fun I went when I was 20.

Oh yeah and dont forget you can't drink over there.

No I haven't! Hence would be a great opportunity :)

In the event I win (which isn't looking very good at the moment :( ) I think a celebratory Mana Bar outing would be in order, ahead of my week of sobriety, haha.

JMizzlin

E: Double post, apologies!

Got my vote! Also this what you have to look forward to,

Hah, my sister is 19 and studying at Griffith. Actually maybe is is 20. Nah she is 20, I am sure she is 5 years younger than me and I think I am 25, probably.

ANYWAY STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY SISTER

Thanks a lot, friend :)

I'll try, but she's just so damn fine.

:D

I'm at UQ.
I'm not pretentious!

Haha, not at all. UQ is definitely esteemed. I'm just glad to be going to uni, despite the fact it's only Griffith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom