• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

Watching a bit Ep 1, so much text on screen, korean looks super complicated. There's a female lookin dude actor. Ohhh LeeSsang is the thing that Sal listens to lol!

Seems amusing enough, will watch more on the weekend.

For the longest time I thought it was a pop group as well -_-
Glad it wasn't just me!

maladroid

leroy jetta charged with staging....

west coast: [laughs]
It's good they're trying to stamp that out. Is it in the DNA of small-sized goal kickers to be annoying little shits? Haha.

kamsahamnida~

For the longest time I thought it was a pop group as well -_-
Oh man, you guys have been missing out. Gary is the best, but something must be said about Gwangsoo and Jaesuk's dancing.

edit: You could learn all the 'letters' in Hangul in a day, but the way they're pronounced in certain instances or combinations always confused me. :\

Salazar

It's all good. Even Big Nose hyung is awesome. If you watch from the start the running gags just pile up on you so hard.

JoongKi was the weak link, but he did ok while he was on.

God bless my chinese language background!

*shakes fist* So jealous.
Which Chinese do you speak??

edit: You could learn all the 'letters' in Hangul in a day, but the way they're pronounced in certain instances or combinations always confused me. :\

There's lots of little rules, like if there are two consonants in a row sometimes you pronounce them both and sometimes one is "stronger" so you only pronounce that. It helps learning it formally. I tried on my own for a while and failed miserably. If you're keen you should find a place to study it ^^

maladroid

It's all good. Even Big Nose hyung is awesome. If you watch from the start the running gags just pile up on you so hard.

JoongKi was the weak link, but he did ok while he was on.
He's such a creeper sometimes. They all have their moments. Joongki was alright in that heart rate segment of that one episode. And definitely watch it in order if you can. It's interesting to see how it's developed over time.
The progression of Gwangsoo's 'theme' from an excerpt of a song to just a note was pretty funny to me, too.

There's lots of little rules, like if there are two consonants in a row sometimes you pronounce them both and sometimes one is "stronger" so you only pronounce that. It helps learning it formally. I tried on my own for a while and failed miserably. If you're keen you should find a place to study it ^^
Yeah, those were the things that tripped me up. Actually, it was before that, with really basic things like when an 's' was a 't' and when a 'b' was a 'p'. The only time I actually had a proper look at it was when I did some prep work towards the end of high school. At the time, I had my eyes set on a university that taught Korean, but I ended up going to a university that didn't offer it instead. One of these days, I'll have to put in the effort to learn a LOTE.

Jintor

<---- penang hokkien....

but its a dying language coz mandarin's killing it off. >_>

lol

My parents know like 5 languages, I know one. Urgh. I'm doing my best!

I actually kind of want to learn spanish after I gain fluency with Japanese. The grammar at least looks significantly easier.

Deeku

At one point in my life, I could speak Chiu Chow or whatever you call it. But I've forgotten everything now bar the essentials, like "go eat a poo".

I know a good number of people who have spontaneously started taking Spanish lessons. I mean, apart from being the 2nd most spoken language or something, I guess it's a thing? Oh and a jps tutor at mq is fluent in spanish, but I think she was a visiting tutor. Rika sensei?

JMizzlin

Hahaha, that was short lived. Currently the lowest in the comp on 13% and it's unlikely I'll even make it to fourth.

Thanks to all who voted, though! Was fun entering.

Jintor

apparently spanish has a shit tonne of irregular verbs..... Japanese has like two :p

Yeah but Japanese is all [subject] [subject marker particle] [location] [location marker particle] [time] [time marker particle which is the same as location marker particle] [verb location] [verb location particle] [object] [object identification particle] [verb] [question particle]

I have Chavalin-sensei. And Mio-sensei, of course.

Danoss

The mumble dudes are probably just friends of Danoss. Maybe his dnd dudes, maybe from another community. Magic.

Nah, other people I know now use a Ventrilo server.

If this problem happens again, let me know and I'll add password protection.

So last night, I accepted an offer on my unit. Cash offer at the price we wanted. In 30 days, my wife and I will need to move in with mum as we'll be homeless while we're hunting for a proper house.

This next month is going to be busy.

I never ever ever ever ever ever want to go through buying a house ever again.

I never ever ever ever ever ever want to move house ever again.

I never ever ever ever ever ever want to move back in with my parents ever again.

You're living my dream life!!!

PS-Congrats. How's the house market where you are?

Clipper

Oh, wow. We often saw guys like that while we were playing DnD as well. They never bothered us, they just went off to a different channel on their own.

Bernbaum

You can travel the entire world and get by just fine as an English-only speaker just by animatedly pointing at the thing you want to eat and throwing currency at the guy.

Kritz

Banned

Oh, wow. We often saw guys like that while we were playing DnD as well. They never bothered us, they just went off to a different channel on their own.

At that, they were an Australian group. I managed to hear a bit of them while I jumped in and started spamming my soundboard.

As long as they're not cutting off AusGAF, I don't really care.

You can travel the entire world and get by just fine as an English-only speaker just by animatedly pointing at the thing you want to eat and throwing currency at the guy.
Except for when you're trying to explain the concept of slicing up cheese to a Serbian woman working at a deli counter.

So last night, I accepted an offer on my unit. Cash offer at the price we wanted. In 30 days, my wife and I will need to move in with mum as we'll be homeless while we're hunting for a proper house.

This next month is going to be busy.

Congrats dude. Hectic but awesome times.

So I've got the day off work today. I'm tempted to go and buy Diablo 3. Although I'm also tempted to actually achieve something today.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Wow at those activision bungie leaks, That's kinda fucking crazy. MMOs, expansions and then dlc and god knows what else.

Seems way too over the top.

Choc

Banned
Qantas want to hire cheap overseas labour. They want to maximise profits.

Of course. To remain competitive against other airlines who are free to go to and from australia without restriction

Did you know that Australia has the only unrestricted Airspace in the world? (of course you need to gain a licence to fly here, but its not restricted in terms of number of planes)

I am fed up with our government opening everything to everyone thinking that everyone else will do the right thing, and those nations never doing it

we are fucking ourselves in teh arse with stuff like that.

For QF to stop doing what its doing, the Government needs to implement measures to protect the main ports of Australia and QF can remain competitive with an AU maintainence workforce.

if not, QF would go broke because their fares are significantly higher due to the higher costs. I don't want QF to do what its doing, but they have reasons.

Subsidies are a start and i would support the Government subsidising Qantas as our national carrier. Same with restricting our ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom