• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/sma...tm_term=Newsletter21/05/2012&utm_campaign=sos

look who got GAME's stock

edit: Remember when Serrels posted on K AU that Bungies MMO was Destiny and a sci fi game? turns out he was right

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474970

Nice scoop mark. That should show the dickheads that commented on that story ;)

You should repost and gloat ;)

Nice work Serrels!
Sounds pretty interesting, I'd forgotten that Serrel's stuff wasn't widely believed because he fucking nailed it. The only new stuff then is the number of games and the 360/720 exclusivity right?
I only skimmed the documents (legal shit is the boringest crap ever) where was the stuff about Marathon? Because bringing it back sounds kick arse

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Diablo 3 hacks have begun. Worst product launch since timebomb 360s.

It's the same style of account hacks you get in WoW. Nothing really exciting.

Once you get private servers running and item hacking for real AH then that's when shit gets real. I honestly expect to see that in the not too distant future.

Yagharek

http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/sma...tm_term=Newsletter21/05/2012&utm_campaign=sos

look who got GAME's stock

edit: Remember when Serrels posted on K AU that Bungies MMO was Destiny and a sci fi game? turns out he was right

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474970

Nice scoop mark. That should show the dickheads that commented on that story ;)

You should repost and gloat ;)

Just saying, but bungie only know how to make sci-fi these days, so its no real surprise.

I'll make a prediction that it has a vapid, militaristic, juvenile pseudo sci-fi story with zero depth or resolution in the end.

Yagharek

Well I'm just going to state right here that anything serrels says gets instantly taken seriously. Not that is wasnt already, but I wasnt even aware of this Destiny thread back last year.

I guess what I'm saying is you need to post more, serrels. And take your exclusives onto abc24.

The one night I go to bed early everyone stays up late. WHAT.

lol

My parents know like 5 languages, I know one. Urgh. I'm doing my best!

I actually kind of want to learn spanish after I gain fluency with Japanese. The grammar at least looks significantly easier.

Pfft, at least Japanese doesn't have masculine/feminine.

I am insanely jealous of anyone who can speak that many languages. I'll get there one day ;.; maybe...

Yeah but Japanese is all [subject] [subject marker particle] [location] [location marker particle] [time] [time marker particle which is the same as location marker particle] [verb location] [verb location particle] [object] [object identification particle] [verb] [question particle]
You broke my brain.

but as long as you have the particles you can pretty much rearrange the sentence however you please. Also if its obvious you can get rid of some of the particles (ie. ジントーさん チーズ たべる?)
Hahaha, that was short lived. Currently the lowest in the comp on 13% and it's unlikely I'll even make it to fourth.

Thanks to all who voted, though! Was fun entering.

I don't know if its too late, but when my brother gets home from school I can get him to log on and vote (I do not control the xbox :( )

ARE YOU RYAN
LOL!!!!! It wasn't just me.

Actually I think Ryan might have changed into ezybeincheezy.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The one night I go to bed early everyone stays up late. WHAT.

Pfft, at least Japanese doesn't have masculine/feminine.

I am insanely jealous of anyone who can speak that many languages. I'll get there one day ;.; maybe...

You broke my brain.

but as long as you have the particles you can pretty much rearrange the sentence however you please. Also if its obvious you can get rid of some of the particles (ie. ジントーさん チーズ たべる?)

I don't know if its too late, but when my brother gets home from school I can get him to log on and vote (I do not control the xbox :( )

LOL!!!!! It wasn't just me.

Actually I think Ryan might have changed into ezybeincheezy.

makes sense, i remember the first day or two, orbi ham fogz and i playing and every time ryan got an achievment orbu would let out a sarcastic WAY TO GO RYAN!

oh ryan.

I remember the short period of time that choc didn't double post.
Also old news

Diablo 3 hacks have begun. Worst product launch since timebomb 360s.
Totally worth all the DRM bullshit so no-one could play until people started hacking. So glad I stayed out of that shitfest until it is all cleared up in a few weeks/months.

I only skimmed the documents (legal shit is the boringest crap ever) where was the stuff about Marathon? Because bringing it back sounds kick arse
Is there really an audience for Marathon? I thought it was okay but the original Halo was a major step up in quality in my mind.

Clipper

New acquisition arrived this morning:
photo-94.jpg

I didn't think the box would be so big, so wow. It was quite a chore to get it, seeing as the US LEGO store won't ship to my US address any more :(. Still managed to get it shipped for $100 less than it would have cost me going through the Aussie LEGO store, so I'm happy.

Also, I love that the Technic series give you two things to build out of each kit:
photo-95.jpg

senahorse

It's the same style of account hacks you get in WoW. Nothing really exciting.

Once you get private servers running and item hacking for real AH then that's when shit gets real. I honestly expect to see that in the not too distant future.

I don't really see that being a concern. It seems all items are server side, so unless someone hacks blizzard, steals server code, hacks items and then injects it back into blizzards production servers I don't see how it's possible. Never say never but there are quite a few hurdles there just to get some game breaking loot.

Rezbit

Anyone up for playing some Day Z or something tonight over mumble? I really need a good gaming session, and soon.

Yeah I'm up for some Day Z tonight. Been a while since I've played and I can probably do with a rest from Diablo. Pew pew!

metroidxstarfox.gif

This needs to happen.

If it was full of whimsy like the gif then I'm on board. Makes me think we need some funny games with popular mascots. Not unintentionally funny like Diablo 3, but clever funny.

Jintor

Does equal representation mean giving a legitimate platform to completely intolerant imbeciles is totes awesome? Because in that case fuck equal representation

I don't know why I wade into those comment threads at all urrgh

Don't do it Jint. Get out and enjoy life! Do some Japanese study! DON'T READ THOSE COMMENTS!

I wonder if there is an extension like this for all comments... It would make life so much better.

EDIT: oh no, now I'VE fallen into the hole =/

An article by the head of the Aus Christian lobby is up on the drum, and youll never guess, but its the gays who are intolerant!

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4024026.html

Also dont let them legislate another stolen generation!

*snorts* You should read the Australian. They publish articles like this on a daily basis. It would be hilarious if not for the fact that these opinions are some how influencing politics.

midonnay

Yeah but Japanese is all [subject] [subject marker particle] [location] [location marker particle] [time] [time marker particle which is the same as location marker particle] [verb location] [verb location particle] [object] [object identification particle] [verb] [question particle]

I have Chavalin-sensei. And Mio-sensei, of course.

most of it is pretty logical once you get used to it.... just continue reading sentences and you'll see the patterns.

I'd say the hardest things about japanese are that it is so contextual...

and because half the vocabulary is borrowed from china without the tones there are a shitload of homophones. (intonation is used to differentiate but it is arbitrary depending where the speaker comes from)

Omikron

An article by the head of the Aus Christian lobby is up on the drum, and youll never guess, but its the gays who are intolerant!

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/4024026.html

Also dont let them legislate another stolen generation!

Some of the comments...

What I object to is the Gay's over representation in public service and the parliament. I assume that they do not represent more than a couple of percent of the population yet we get outcomes that exceed their numbers. This impacts on the majority, it doesn't seem to pay to be part of the majority these days.

Thank you for your courage! Gays are trying to silence everyone. Hypocrites.

Now who is being discriminated against. My vote is for only a man and women to offer the vows of marriage. My person views are mine and being a democratic country I can vote on this, my vote is no. One thing I would changed is for the use of IVF, Barring ppl like Penny Wong and Co use a facility which was used for Male and Female partners who are unable to conceive. If the Females lesbian can not be with a man to conceive then they should conceive, against the laws of Nature.

I think the supporters of gay rights are the greatest bigots because anyone who dares to disagree with them is dismissed as been homophobic I think Jim wallace speaks for a lot more true christians than you think

Here we go again the "Minority" trying to force the "Majority" into their little box! Constantly we see "Minorities" and frindge elements forcing their way onto the "Majority".It's my right and freedom to belive that same sex marriges should not be allowed! So does that make me unfit to be human NO! It just means I dont agree with every thing you do!

I will stop now.

Some of the comments...

I will stop now.

My favourite one so far is this:

Now who is being discriminated against. My vote is for only a man and women to offer the vows of marriage. My person views are mine and being a democratic country I can vote on this, my vote is no. One thing I would changed is for the use of IVF, Barring ppl like Penny Wong and Co use a facility which was used for Male and Female partners who are unable to conceive. If the Females lesbian can not be with a man to conceive then they should conceive, against the laws of Nature.

I... what? The paragraph doesn't even make sense. These people can't really believe this right? Its riddled with logic holes!

Jintor

I just do the typical thing of replacing 'gay marriage' with 'interracial marriage' and seeing if any of those comments would still be said by a person today.

Gazunta

You have no idea how excited I am about this.

From Bedrooms to Billionaires: A documentary feature film telling the story of the UK Video Games Industry from 1979 to 1996.

They need $35,000 to make it happen and are doing the KickStarter type thing to generate the funds.

There's lots of low-priced tiers but the ones I'm excited about are

$320: Oli Frey will do a Zzap! 64-style character sketch of you
$750: Oli Frey will put your face on a Zzap! 64 cover

This is the Commodore 64 equivalent of Jack Kirby putting you in an issue of The Avengers or something.

Someone give me $1,000

Kritz

Banned
So here's a crap way to waste five minutes:

Here is my current (windows) build of my stupid uni game.

Controls and shit:
WASD to move around (animation not implemented, but exists)
LMB to melee (not animated or featured in any way)
RMB to spam projectiles (no animation either)

Oddities:
Projectile spawns in front of you. It is possible to turn the camera 180 degrees and shoot, which will cause the projectile to hit you.
It's relatively easy to escape the level
Different shooting code depending on if you're shooting towards objects in the game or the skybox. Don't ask.

"Mechanics" (not finished):
When you kill enemies, you gain power
Power increases size and damage of projectiles, while melee does a fixed damage
The power is supposed to represent drunkenness, but my three teammates have not managed to code a powerup system so I will have to implement this myself tonight.
When you are "drunk", your character stumbles around (lol it's been 12 weeks and I've only been provided a single bad unfinished halfworking animation, so this of course is not animated)

I am considering replacing the LMB melee attack with an ability that makes you vomit. Vomiting reduces drunkenness, because ???. Maybe if I make the controls even worse while drunk, this can be some kind of really godawful risk reward.

Other notes:
So I never dobbed in my teammates for being lazy. I am an idiot. I have made this game entirely by myself, for what was supposed to be a four man team. So far the other three members have provided to me:

Models of a rock, barrel, and wizard. There is a half-finished goblin model "somewhere", I am told.
A menu, with a "play" button. That is to say, a screenshot of a menu with a play button. I was never given said menu despite requesting it.
A model of a cave that is too small to use.

I did request someone on the team to make me a second level. They redid their cave model. When I asked them where the level was, they said that was the level. I asked how do I play it. He sat dumbstruck and said, "oh I didn't know you had to play it".

I have been providing my work via dropbox for the team to access. I have demonstrated how to use dropbox, and one member was using it for the first few weeks and stopped. The other two members did not create dropbox accounts, saying it "didn't work". Turns out they didn't even bother to create accounts, and just assumed that because it took five minutes of effort that they wouldn't be able to work it out.

Last week I finally forced them to download my build. He hit play, said it "didn't work", and left.

Yet he seemed to be incredibly offended when I said to the tutor that the reason this game does not look like it was made by four people was because it was made by one member working very hard.

It would take me less than 30 seconds to remove and replace the entirety of the content they have produced in 3 weeks. In the build above, the wizard and the start of the small cave (the only thing I have to use) are the only things they have provided.

I wonder if it is too late to submit this project as an individual one and just have them all fail. Unfortunately, it probably is.

Next time, I'll actually listen to AusGAF's advice and not be a pussy.

/rant

midonnay

don't worry about it too much Kritz....

they may be able to pass the assignment..... but if they don't do the work, their degree is pretty much toliet paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom