• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop stealing our women!

Hasn't been great for showcase sporting events this year, A League final was a bit of of an outrage maker too. EDIT: I mean more the big ticket games, like grand finals and special events like these

Now watching the wrap up, didn't even watch the match lol
Just want to hear some drama!

Yagharek

The destruction of local Tasmanian football is horribly depressing. It said in the paper the other day that they'd be happy to get within 100 points of the VFL. According to one of my mates who's one of the best players in the SFL there's no monetary worth in playing in the state comp. like everything in Tasmania it's completely disfunctional. I don't know if you know but Hobart and North are fighting for a single licence to make way for kingborough. I don't know how they can dismiss history like that, north is the most successful team in the country other than Port, but the move to Bellrieve has fucked their revenue stream. Sad.

I blame Scott Wade, which is also why I think Tim Paine needs to be the Australian wicket keeper instead of Wade Jr.

Stop stealing our women!

Hasn't been great for showcase sporting events this year, A League final was a bit of of an outrage maker too.

AFL is doing fine this year. Close games, heaps of contenders, no stupid rule changes.

Danoss

It may not happen, it's a $10k fine if you shit on the refs. Ricky might not give a shit and vent anyway, it quite likely.

Besides those two terrible calls, it was a good game though. Both teams were in with a chance to win it and it was a even contest. I do look forward to cheering on NSW at ANZ Stadium in 3 weeks.

Fredescu

It annoys me that Gould interrupted Sterling when he was trying to give an explanation for that try, because I'm pretty sure there's a valid one there.

Choc

Banned
proof our sports stars are soft

When chelsea got fucked in a football match didier drogba ran to the camera and started shouting this is a fucking disgrace over and over again

one of our boys should have done that. Fuck the suspension would have been worth it

i'd spend 10k on being able to belittle the shit out of the refs in that game, they deserve it. NSWRL would probably pay it anyway and ricky isnt exactly poor

Gazunta

Well uh Dragon's Lair XBLA is...Dragon's Lair, on XBLA. And it has Kinect controls! Do two gimmicks combine to form an actual game?

markot

Banned
proof our sports stars are soft

When chelsea got fucked in a football match didier drogba ran to the camera and started shouting this is a fucking disgrace over and over again

one of our boys should have done that. Fuck the suspension would have been worth it

i'd spend 10k on being able to belittle the shit out of the refs in that game, they deserve it. NSWRL would probably pay it anyway and ricky isnt exactly poor

Soft? Or not football princesses who are as pampered as the poodles of the princes of prussia?!

Well uh Dragon's Lair XBLA is...Dragon's Lair, on XBLA. And it has Kinect controls! Do two gimmicks combine to form an actual game?

Srsly, that game is such shit, its not a game, its just shit, and they remake it for everything >.> I WANT MY 2 BUCKS BACK FOR THAT WASTED ARCADE GAME I DIDNT KNOW WTF I WAS DOING AND IT WAS WEIRD!

Danoss

It annoys me that Gould interrupted Sterling when he was trying to give an explanation for that try, because I'm pretty sure there's a valid one there.

It is terrible. Sterlo is totally unbiased in his presentation and comments and is the only one outside of Rabs calling the game worth listening to. Gould is a Buffoon that just repeats himself louder and louder saying nothing of note.

Rezbit

The destruction of local Tasmanian football is horribly depressing. It said in the paper the other day that they'd be happy to get within 100 points of the VFL. According to one of my mates who's one of the best players in the SFL there's no monetary worth in playing in the state comp. like everything in Tasmania it's completely disfunctional. I don't know if you know but Hobart and North are fighting for a single licence to make way for kingborough. I don't know how they can dismiss history like that, north is the most successful team in the country other than Port, but the move to Bellrieve has fucked their revenue stream. Sad.

They nearly had a good thing going with the VFL team, but they really needed to continue both IMO. Doesn't help that Cresswell was an incompetent git. But yeah as Vince said, it boils down to Scott Wade. I still try and get to a few local games (cheap beers at the very least.)

TasFL has cheap beers? Well that is why you won't get into the AFL, you need to charge $8 for a watered down light beer mate.

I think I prefer 20 MB gifs.

tumblr_lzrizoMyXc1rpyqb6o1_500.gif

?

They are at a soccer game but it is still funny

Choc

Banned
Take the bad calls with the good. Or go back to the little leagues and get your parents to yell at the ref and get into fist fights!

on that night chelsea was not awarded 3 clear penalties

there is only so much yo ucan tkae

just like tonight

horrendous refereeing

markot

Banned
on that night chelsea was not awarded 3 clear penalties

there is only so much yo ucan tkae

just like tonight

horrendous refereeing

And was he mad when chelsea were awarded 3 clearly not penalties in another match?! NO! He was all like 'hahahahaha!!!!' and couldnt care less!

Fredescu

It is terrible. Sterlo is totally unbiased in his presentation and comments and is the only one outside of Rabs calling the game worth listening to. Gould is a Buffoon that just repeats himself louder and louder saying nothing of note.
Agreed. I'm pretty sure Gould does the game more harm than good in trying to make controversy out of every little thing.

Choc

Banned
"This is your first Origin - it's different you know," Gallen told referee Matt Cecchin as he voiced his disgust at the decision.

much love to Paul Gallen

you tell them how it is big boy

Cohsae

Everyone's blaming the refs for the loss. Should be blaming one man. Akuila Uate. Defended like an absolute moron. Charged in and left the winger open repeatedly. Twice they scored off it. And I can't remember but was it one of his failed tackles that had Tate almost putting one down in the corner?
Also who the fuck decided that Carney should take that shot at goal instead of playing the ball? Even if he hadn't fucked it up it would have been an idiotic decision.
We got beat. Don't agree with decision on the last try that the ball was played at but I think the game was beyond us anyway.

bomma_man

They nearly had a good thing going with the VFL team, but they really needed to continue both IMO. Doesn't help that Cresswell was an incompetent git. But yeah as Vince said, it boils down to Scott Wade. I still try and get to a few local games (cheap beers at the very least.)

Yeah. My dad works for the junior club and Wade is the automatic target. They're trying to amalgamate Sandy Bay North and Hobart but I don't know why they assume that they will move instead of going to play soccer for torroona instead. It's basic arrogance.

Yagharek

TFL represent. North Hobart was my team. A relative played for them back in the 60s I think when they were doing quite well. Or 70s. Not entirely sure.

The downfall happened around the time Clarence kept winning. Not that I blame them, but around the mid to late 90s interest just died in the arse, partly down to the slap down from the AFL about no Tas side happening.

Its been doomed since then, in an elliptical orbit around the plughole. Occasionally (maybe 5 years ago) it looks like its going to be fine, such as when Glenorchy looked like a side that might in its own right be capable of competing at VFL level. Unfortunately, never to be.

I like you. Posting IT Crowd gifs only helps things.

So I was driving through my local Mcdonalds drive through and I see a sign for the McRib :D Coming June 5th apparently

Did you pre-order one?

Oh wow, I somehow managed to avoid Origin completely! Huzzah!

I'm guessing NSW won because my facebook feed isn't blowing up with "in your face blue pansies!" variations.

lol check this out

How do you rate the behaviour of federal politicians?
Excellent
1%
Good
1%
Civil
1%
Toxic
46%
Delinquent
51%
Total votes: 2813.

SMH poll

Where's the option for 'fairly shitty'?

Wow these look great, especially the samus one.

I am indeed! And she's an Aussie. And awesome :)

Belated, but hello! I hope you aren't put off by all the sport talk.

?

Its so perfect. Well, I do like soccer... but it works so well for Origin.

Danoss

Its so perfect. Well, I do like soccer... but it works so well for Origin.

Basically every single sport in the world can be made fun of with that. The most blatant is basketball: "this team gets to have a go at scoring, now the other team does, now the other team again..."

bomma_man

TFL represent. North Hobart was my team. A relative played for them back in the 60s I think when they were doing quite well. Or 70s. Not entirely sure.

The downfall happened around the time Clarence kept winning. Not that I blame them, but around the mid to late 90s interest just died in the arse, partly down to the slap down from the AFL about no Tas side happening.

Its been doomed since then, in an elliptical orbit around the plughole. Occasionally (maybe 5 years ago) it looks like its going to be fine, such as when Glenorchy looked like a side that might in its own right be capable of competing at VFL level. Unfortunately, never to be.

I like you. Posting IT Crowd gifs only helps things.

Did you pre-order one?

Fuck Clarence. As an ex North Hobart player.

Everyone's blaming the refs for the loss. Should be blaming one man. Akuila Uate. Defended like an absolute moron. Charged in and left the winger open repeatedly. Twice they scored off it. And I can't remember but was it one of his failed tackles that had Tate almost putting one down in the corner?
Also who the fuck decided that Carney should take that shot at goal instead of playing the ball? Even if he hadn't fucked it up it would have been an idiotic decision.
We got beat. Don't agree with decision on the last try that the ball was played at but I think the game was beyond us anyway.

I don't agree (with your summation, your other critiques are on point). There was still 8min to go, with a 12-10 score line, it was totally up in the air. The blues made some bad descisions (that goal kick) but I can't see how the game was beyond them, both in terms of score and momentum. The game was decided by a terrible call, that isn't how it should fall after a such a quality match.

Danoss

Spot on Fred and Sutton. I don't see how anyone could have seen that game in any other way than what it was: a close contest. NSW could have had that game, they had QLD pinned numerous times and out on their feet, they just didn't capitalise.

Uate as the last line of defense did make some bad reads, but so did the people inside him. I fail to see how it was all one mans fault.

Oh and that "failed" tackle that almost had Tate score in the corner was Jarryd Hayne, on the opposite side of the field from Uate. That tackle was the one that knocked him over the line and prevented Tate from scoring, hardly a failure.

Kreunt

Banned

he's the bill o'reilly of NRL

Kreunt

Banned

when its 4 vs 2 and nobody is shifting across fast enough he doesnt have much of a choice other than trying to cut it off

I would like to fully disclose I am a Queenslander. So I'm not outraged about that being awarded. But I understand why everyone else is. And I don't think there is a pro-Queensland referee conspiracy. An anti-Queensland Channel 9 commentator conspiracy I could believe.

I assume the logic for awarding the try is that Farrah was deemed to have played at it by kicking the ball, and even if he was just trying to stop the ball being grounded he's playing at it, so it was play on when Inglis jumped on it.
Still I feel like that would have been a knock on had it occurred anywhere else on the field.

Regardless, NSW would have lost without that try. Suck it.

Spot on Fred and Sutton. I don't see how anyone could have seen that game in any other way than what it was: a close contest. NSW could have had that game, they had QLD pinned numerous times and out on their feet, they just didn't capitalise.

Uate as the last line of defense did make some bad reads, but so did the people inside him. I fail to see how it was all one mans fault.

Oh and that "failed" tackle that almost had Tate score in the corner was Jarryd Hayne, on the opposite side of the field from Uate. That tackle was the one that knocked him over the line and prevented Tate from scoring, hardly a failure.

Nailed it. Good close game. Second half wasn't as exciting, but still a solid game.

Edit numero dos: Tate had an amazing game. Before the match I was saying they should have put Barba there instead but he shut me right up. Best player on the field. Followed probably be Gallen and JT

It may not happen, it's a $10k fine if you shit on the refs. Ricky might not give a shit and vent anyway, it quite likely.

Besides those two terrible calls, it was a good game though. Both teams were in with a chance to win it and it was a even contest. I do look forward to cheering on NSW at ANZ Stadium in 3 weeks.

It was a quality game but i'm amazed we could only manage 2 tries 1550 metres, 40 missed tackles for QLD, 4 line breaks and so many dangerous players across the park.

I definitely feel like NSW have the potential to blow QLD off the park.

Also Paul Gallen was amazing again. I don't think i've ever seen a player with as much heart as him. His performances are just incredible and i've never seen a player capable of the same feats. Probably my favourite player right now and i'd consider him close to if not the best player in the game.

No way. I refuse to believe she makes that much money.

I wish I could say I legitimately spent all day working, but I get so easily distracted :|

Me too. "Just checking gaf for 10 minutes" turns into a lot longer... At least I spent the day being mildly productive (watching avatar season 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom