• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

This is more going out to Perth GAF people.

I'm leaving town in a few weeks for good, heading up to the little smoke in Geraldton.

I thought I would offer dibs to anyone who is interested in any of the following items for pickup at a reasonable price. Or if you want to say hi and bye, that too.

Things I'm looking at offloading:
1x mountain bike (giant rincon, about 8 years old). Needs new brakes and wheels but otherwise its good condition. (Got damaged in a move - frame etc all good)
1x PS3 60GB PAL BC model. SACD support. 500GB HDD installed. No hard or soft modifications made, warranty sticker etc intact, but obviously out of warranty now. Firmware is late 2011 something (official version)
1x 360 slim console (late 2009 model, 250GB hdd or whatever the standard is). Probably a few games too including too-hot-for-TV Left 4 Dead 2 UK Edn.

If no-one wants them they are just going to be moved up with me to Gero. Bike is worth prolly $50-$100 tops, PS3 and 360 can go for whatever, depends on what anyone may offer I guess.

Shaneus has dibs on Deadly Premonition though.

markot

Banned
Dutch is like the worst language ever, thats a fact, even the click clickers look down on dutch. Thats why they all speak english over there.

Thats not racism, thats science!

FEAR 3 on PC, Steamworks for $4.61 at GMG! Currently out of keys but will email through when they are released.

Stolen from a VOOKS retweet, cutest thing of the day.
GB3bw.jpg

(also my son looked me in the eyes and said "sowii" for the first time properly which is nice as he tends to look away when repeating stuff usually)

Who be that? And are there any instructions around for that Sikkmod thing? Hard to get up and running?

Holy shit, you went to that V Festival? You (being an Adelaidian, yes?) would've had the "Best of V" with Melbourne, swapping acts btw the grungey ones (that you went to) and the electronic/dancey ones (that I went to in Melb). Pet Shop Boys, Gnarls Barkley, Groove Armada (so, so fucking good) amongst others. Absolutely loved it.
MH.jpg

Jump into ModDB for any and all instructions needed for the graphic mods, as it is dependant on what you are running. There was an awesome single player campaign mod too that I can't remember the name of.

lol I WAS at the Melbourne one! All those bands were there, silly. Pet Shop Boys was pretty quiet, we were up the back of the ampitheatre. Groove Armada was indeed soooo good, caught a bit of their set. Who took the late headline act in the boiler room? I think it was Presets. Fucking awesome festival! Best location for a festival I have ever been to, really well set out with tons of space and no stupid fucking barriers. Also they had full strength beer on tap WITHOUT NEED FOR FUCKING STUPID DRINKING AREAS! I was walking around the whole day to every stage with a pint of Coopers Pale Ale in hand! Was awesome compared to the dinky drinking tokens at Falls or BDO.

I moved from Adelaide when I was 5 or 6.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-23/libs-leader-tells-women-to-ignore-discrimination/4027684

Although to be fair, she is right that legal options tend to be rather... hard (hehe).

But proving discrimination, and the general recompense is generally rather low.
I understand where she is coming from, in general discrimination is it almost always better to suck it up, make an example of yourself as a great employee and you will end up where you deserve to be, even if it means someone else in your company are the ones that push you forward.

In terms of harassment it should always be tackled head on once you can prove what is going on, most places are pretty keen to stamp it out to avoid the issue getting blown up.

why do they only put open inspections during working hours? or like right at the fringe of them? (5pm - 6pm) its so annoying. make it 7pm tyia. or putthem on a god damn weekend.

Shit, didn't realize this thread existed.

Moved to Australia 6 months ago from Holland to live with my Australian gf.

Hello AusGAF!

*subscribed*
Congrats! Usually it is other people moving to Holland for the ladies lol

Steam ID?
Buy some Red Rock Deli chips or the new corn chips!
Vegemite is VERY good for your health
Gaming genres of choice?
Any questions for getting started over here like internet or where not to try and take a poop or slang terms to avoid?
Don't buy games locally! Import from LOGS or Zavvi. GAME are going under so keep an eye out at your (now) local store for unexpected clearance stock.
Any good recipes to share with AusGAF?
Do you like beer and would you like to share stories/bottle tops?

Yagharek

I'm in quite the good mood today. Don't know why. Even had to go into work on a day off after nightshift and its still good.

I'm not sure whether to blame/credit the orange mocha I had earlier, or the post-nightshift weird moods I get. Strangely being tired but moderately rested after a double nightshift puts me in the polar opposite of a mild funk mood.

edit: omg, Seinfeld on tv right now is the "contest" issue and Kramer just put his money on the table. Now I know what the gif is from.

The best Seinfeld gif is the Konami pre-recorded E3 one. So good.

I'm in quite the good mood today. Don't know why. Even had to go into work on a day off after nightshift and its still good.

I'm not sure whether to blame/credit the orange mocha I had earlier, or the post-nightshift weird moods I get. Strangely being tired but moderately rested after a double nightshift puts me in the polar opposite of a mild funk mood.

Probably Facebook shares going down the gurgler and shady traders being called on their shit. Has certainly made me a bit more perky!

Danoss

Jennings sent off? What rubbish! Thaiday is notorious for it and has never been sent off, he's not called Third Man Thaiday for nothing.

Shaneus

lol I WAS at the Melbourne one! All those bands were there, silly. Pet Shop Boys was pretty quiet, we were up the back of the ampitheatre. Groove Armada was indeed soooo good, caught a bit of their set. Who took the late headline act in the boiler room? I think it was Presets. Fucking awesome festival! Best location for a festival I have ever been to, really well set out with tons of space and no stupid fucking barriers. Also they had full strength beer on tap WITHOUT NEED FOR FUCKING STUPID DRINKING AREAS! I was walking around the whole day to every stage with a pint of Coopers Pale Ale in hand! Was awesome compared to the dinky drinking tokens at Falls or BDO.
Yeah, but there were two separate Melbourne gigs. One was more rocky, one was more dancey, and they alternated (I'm sure) b/w Melb and Adelaide, while Sydney got the full gig. So unless you went to both, I don't think you saw all those acts (the ones in this post and the one in your original one I was commenting on)? Or it was a different festival or something?

Anyway, I had seats (oh yeah, that's how I roll) and was fairly close to the front. Pet Shop Boys are fucking awesome. The old gays* who bought awesome seats just to be close were loving it. Time of their lives n shit, made me smile :)

*not me, obv. But looking at the crowd, they certainly didn't hide who they were ;)

Also, "sowwi" = dawwwsome. My youngest nephew (almost two, but not yet talking... actually, only just started walking, but that's another story) does some of the cutest shit. Because he's not talking but he's otherwise quite mentally developed, it's like (what I imagine to be) dealing with a deaf person. He just walks up to me randomly, takes my hand and guides me wherever he wants me to go. Quite earnestly, too. It's the cutest shit ever.

Also also, while walking through the city to get a haircut, holy fuck at all the bogans. Almost all for QLD, putting Collingwood fans to some serious fucking shame.

PS. Why should I buy FEAR 3? And I saw some screenshots for Alice in that screenshot thread. Is that new? For sale? Any good?

/adhd

Choc

Banned
Matt Ceechin should never get an origin game as ref again

sin bin for fighting in an origin? give me a fucking break

the ARL needs to stop letting the QRL choose the referees

Danoss

wlel whichever cunt caused it should never ref origin again

Sean Hampstead, the video referee and everyone agrees. He's terrible in the NRL also.

Like I said, Thaiday does it all the time and never gets pinged for it. If you listened, you would have heard Checcin agreeing with Gallen when he said that.

Is punching a guy against the rules?

Not really, but being the third man in usually gets you in trouble.

Choc

Banned
Is punching a guy against the rules?

not in origin

its an accepted part of the tournament even though its an unwritten rule

it was also caused by a QLD player throwing the ball directly at a NSW head point blank

so you know, QLD hsould have had a bin as well if it was fair

but QRL choose the referees so its not. Five years in a row the refs have fucked NSW

Choc

Banned
good job refs

you ruined this game

and just like you wanted QLD win

i have to do a course on ethics every year before i referee. maybe you should do it as well because the bias is clear to see.

Danoss

Pretty harsh Choc, I think they've done a decent job.

Hayne punched Thurston in the jaw and Thurston stayed down. The refs let that slide. I don't see what you have to base that post on. Besides video ref Hampstead who has limited involvement, Cummins and Checcin have been fair. Two of the best and fairest refs in the game by far, for quite some time too.

Rabs is fine, it's just Gould that needs to shut the hell up.
Yeah I remember hearing him like 10 years ago and found him really enjoyable. Ye olde WWOS!

Yeah, but there were two separate Melbourne gigs. One was more rocky, one was more dancey, and they alternated (I'm sure) b/w Melb and Adelaide, while Sydney got the full gig. So unless you went to both, I don't think you saw all those acts (the ones in this post and the one in your original one I was commenting on)? Or it was a different festival or something?

Also, "sowwi" = dawwwsome. My youngest nephew (almost two, but not yet talking... actually, only just started walking, but that's another story) does some of the cutest shit. Because he's not talking but he's otherwise quite mentally developed, it's like (what I imagine to be) dealing with a deaf person. He just walks up to me randomly, takes my hand and guides me wherever he wants me to go. Quite earnestly, too. It's the cutest shit ever.

PS. Why should I buy FEAR 3? And I saw some screenshots for Alice in that screenshot thread. Is that new? For sale? Any good?
V Fest 2007 said:
The promoter of the festival, Michael Coppel, declared Melbourne a "festival graveyard", and did not book a venue for the festival in the city, despite the fact that several very successful Big Day Out festivals had been held in Melbourne since 1993. Adelaide also missed out on the festival, disappointing many Victorian and South Australian fans who were hoping to see Pixies on their first Australian tour.
Luckily the year I am talking about was 2008 and ALL the acts went everywhere! Thankfully Mika pulled out before the festival too. Duran Duran was the token pop band from years hence, Pet Shop Boys were 2007. And it was the Presets who did the boiler room NOT Groove Armada for me! I think I saw GA at BDO one year around then. Also Jesus & Mary Chain were MUCH better than I expected. You guys got the Pixies in 2007 though :(

He is starting to have second thoughts about things like I'll give him a loving pat on the head and he will move to whack me on the head a few times before it clicks and his face changes and he gives me a hug instead. Pretty awesome to see a creature learning before my eyes! He picks up words super quick now too and can say "mummy and daddy" easily enough. Still likes to piss us off though, finds it hilarious.

It is like $4 and should be an enjoyable romp for that price. Also it MIGHT have co-op, maybe it was just a detailed MP mode, not sure.

Choc

Banned
the qld player threw the ball at his head

he started it

he should have been in the bin as well. 2 in the bin and i would have been fine.

he gets off scott free, qld get the ball

shithouse decision again against nsw. We never get good referee decisions in Origin. Ever

edit: probably the first binning in origin history for a fight. Thats how much of a stupid decision it was. It was a nothing fight compared to the 90s

Choc

Banned
He threw the ball at his head because he shoved him over after the tackle. Open your other eye!

yeah well

retaliation

in football, the sport that matters, thats a yellow card. The equivilent to a binning in rugby league. The bird push happens in every NRL game every week. The QLD guy lost his fucking head. He should be in the bin too

it was stupid shit

haha thats right Freddy Fittler you get up the refs. They were shit in that situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom