• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

I'm trying to remember a game earlier this year, but a fight broke out in the ruck and a nearby player jumped in. That player was sin-binned. He was told that the incident was between those two players and not him, the third man in was sent off.

I'm not seeing the inconsistency there Choc.

Over the course of Origin history, it is unfair. Throughout the course of the NRL season so far, hardly.

bomma_man

lol state of origin.

The competition is a farce. Just like the nrl in general.

We went to the exhibition game at north Hobart. Everyone was cheering and into it for about ten minutes, then they just went to the bar. One of my mates left at half time because he couldn't take it.

Not sure why T-Rex didn't get a run in the first, put him on for 10-15 each half... Such a frustrating game after that sin bin, it has changed the whole energy of the game.

Danoss

We went to the exhibition game at north Hobart. Everyone was cheering and into it for about ten minutes, then they just went to the bar. One of my mates left at half time because he couldn't take it.

Too much manliness.

Such a frustrating game after that sin bin, it has changed the whole energy of the game.

It totally did. Though our right edge has shown some weakness, even after we were back up to 13 men. Let's hope they step it up in the second half.

Choc

Banned
I'm trying to remember a game earlier this year, but a fight broke out in the ruck and a nearby player jumped in. That player was sin-binned. He was told that the incident was between those two players and not him, the third man in was sent off.

I'm not seeing the inconsistency there Choc.

Over the course of Origin history, it is unfair. Throughout the course of the NRL season so far, hardly.

Origin =/ NRL in rulings

even you know that dan

Choc

Banned
Just like you can't expect the same rulings that Soccer uses.

Edit: JENNINGS REDEEMED!

the enlgish premier league is refereed differently to the football world cup

you referee to the game

you know there will be a fight in origin its part of it, you dont go binning people in origin

in terms of previous origins aka the precedent, it makes zero sense. Thats my problem with it

Danoss

the enlgish premier league is refereed differently to the football world cup

you referee to the game

you know there will be a fight in origin its part of it, you dont go binning people in origin

in terms of previous origins aka the precedent, it makes zero sense. Thats my problem with it

Then don't bring up Soccer rules and how they would apply to this game. I agree with your sentiment about precedent, I said that back when it happened.

Yagharek

I went to game 1 of origin in 2009 at docklands. Left unimpressed.

Would much rather watch any other code of football than nrl.

Danoss

I remember getting jumped on in this thread for saying something was boring or uninteresting. Can we please keep that out please? We know that AFL fans don't like it and League fans leave you alone when you bring up your game. Please extend us the same courtesy.

Yagharek

Fair enough. My disdain for the sport has more to do with the political machinations of it than anything else (super league, melbourne storm etc). I respect the nrl as much as Fifa, to be honest.

Danoss

A rare penalty to NSW occurs

JPCNQ.png

Not that rare, check the penalty count. :p

Why the fuck are they going for goal. What a stupid stupid descision.

Absurd and not Origin-like at all. Of course it was missed. Carney's attempt at goal earlier tonight never even looked like making it, though that may have likely been nerves.

bomma_man

I remember getting jumped on in this thread for saying something was boring or uninteresting. Can we please keep that out please? We know that AFL fans don't like it and League fans leave you alone when you bring up your game. Please extend us the same courtesy.

Fair enough. But is anyone going to be encouraged to drink XXXX by looking at arse cheeks. That's my question.

Yagharek

Even....... The A-League!???

Without denigrating anything, one of the most exciting games I have ever seen live of anything was the 1991 TFL grand final between North Hobart and North Launceston at Nth Hobart oval. Mark Yates was playing for NH, and David Rhys Jones was playing for NL. There was a massive punchup in the first half and the Demons came back to win it in an epic 3rd/4th qtr effort.

I reckon there were nearly 20k people there that day.

Gazunta

I was given Dragon's Lair for XBLA today. This is like the twelfth time I have been given this game for review. I should just keep a review template on file somewhere and reuse it.

Shaneus

He is starting to have second thoughts about things like I'll give him a loving pat on the head and he will move to whack me on the head a few times before it clicks and his face changes and he gives me a hug instead. Pretty awesome to see a creature learning before my eyes! He picks up words super quick now too and can say "mummy and daddy" easily enough. Still likes to piss us off though, finds it hilarious.
Yeah, I fucking love that shit... it's just too awesome. Somehow it's most adorable at that age right when they know they're being cute and can manipulate you. It's a fairly narrow period, but it's great when you wind up thinking "Daww, how cute! Isn't that just the... wait a minute. What do you want?". Thankfully, all that they ever usually want is a boost so they can jump on their bed or to pass them some nachos or something.

Also, looks like you're right on FEAR 3. At least, according to this on Metacritic:
I doubt you'll find a better co-op or multiplayer experience this summer. Don't plan on understanding a word of the campaign; just plan on playing and replaying for higher scores, better multiplayer times, and the enjoyment you can only have from pure, hilarious, scared-stiff stupidity.
May buy.

bomma_man

Without denigrating anything, one of the most exciting games I have ever seen live of anything was the 1991 TFL grand final between North Hobart and North Launceston at Nth Hobart oval. Mark Yates was playing for NH, and David Rhys Jones was playing for NL. There was a massive punchup in the first half and the Demons came back to win it in an epic 3rd/4th qtr effort.

I reckon there were nearly 20k people there that day.

The destruction of local Tasmanian football is horribly depressing. It said in the paper the other day that they'd be happy to get within 100 points of the VFL. According to one of my mates who's one of the best players in the SFL there's no monetary worth in playing in the state comp. like everything in Tasmania it's completely disfunctional. I don't know if you know but Hobart and North are fighting for a single licence to make way for kingborough. I don't know how they can dismiss history like that, north is the most successful team in the country other than Port, but the move to Bellrieve has fucked their revenue stream. Sad.

"Daww, how cute! Isn't that just the... wait a minute. What do you want?"
Something electronic, usually a phone or tablet within reach. Even though he knows it will be taken off him the instant it becomes obvious. Then the tantrum will erupt for a few seconds until "oooooh train!"

Choc

Banned
ARE

YOU

FUCKING

SERIOUS

ok fuck this sport. That is disgraceful.

Referees ruin the series confirmed. Third referee is the biggest queenslander in history

Series over. Ruined. NSWRL should be FURIOUS

Ricky stuart should go bat shit crazy @ press conference

Choc

Banned
thank you.

QLD conspiracy is well and truly alive.

you fucking cunts. What a soft sport if you can't do that.

Did anyone catch paul gallen call the referee a cunt just then?

Choc

Banned
Seems fine to me..

of course it does you qlder

how the FUCK can you not stop a try like that. There was no danger to inglis

what a bunch of bullshit

Origin is a farce. Referees need to not be appointed by QRL in the future. ARL should appoint with zero input from QRL and NSWRL

this match is a joke and Ricky Stuart needs to fucking go mental at the press conference. The media need to write shit and say what a disgrace but they won't because they are soft and dont want to risk their accreditation

Demetriou, you're time has come. AFL is going to fuck the NRL up in NSW if this shit doesn't stop happening to NSW

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
The way I see it, kicking the ball is playing at it..

Had Farah punched the ball out of his hand would that would have been playing at it, how is kicking different?

I'd find a way to justify it anyhow lol

Choc

Banned
he didnt kick it

he put his foot out to stop it hitting the ground, its called STOPPING A TRY

for fuck sake. If they fuck rugby league up further forget it, its over. The sport is dead if origin has shit like this

show piece we show world wide with the most biased refereeing in history

edit: if farah punched the ball out 1 on 1 it would have been play on.

time for you to show you're not a soft cock and afraid of fines ricky. You need to go mental at this press conference you really do.

Danoss

Sean Hampstead's job should be fucking gone after that. He's made numerous blunders throughout his entire career and is one of the worst refs I've ever seen. How he's allowed near Origin is amazing in itself. That call was atrocious.

I have a ticket to Origin 2 that might be worth throwing in the bin after this shit. Goddamn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom