• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

It was a quality game but i'm amazed we could only manage 2 tries 1550 metres, 40 missed tackles for QLD, 4 line breaks and so many dangerous players across the park.

I definitely feel like NSW have the potential to blow QLD off the park.

Also Paul Gallen was amazing again. I don't think i've ever seen a player with as much heart as him. His performances are just incredible and i've never seen a player capable of the same feats. Probably my favourite player right now and i'd consider him close to if not the best player in the game.

Our halves didn't do a hell of a lot. The potential was there, but we didn't use all of it.

Tamou impressed me a lot. I love watching Uate run the ball up at top speed, just not giving a fuck if he canes himself. Watching that is so inspiring.

From another forum:

"Slater slides in on his knees into Farah = No try

Farah stands there and the ball hits his foot = Try"

Truth. Slater does it all the time, it's illegal but he gets away with it because everyone thinks he's the best ever. It's a grub tactic and he should be penalised every time for doing it.

Choc

Banned
Slater I believe is also a new south welshman

they need to tighten those rules else people will just continue to select QLD

Inglis is also NSW

Kreunt

Banned
Slater I believe is also a new south welshman

Billy Slater (born 18 June 1983 in Nambour, Queensland)
"Slater began playing rugby league for the Brothers club in Innisfail, Queensland at only four years old. He continued to make the Innisfail representative side every season until his final year with the club."

markot

Banned
t3nMb.jpg

Shan, is します an intransitive verb? It is right? No object?

:s aahh technical words! Hm... I think it might be transitive actually, since you do something. For example, in the sentence "tennis wo shimasu" tennis is the object. I'm not 100% sure on this though.

EDIT: It seems that がis used for intransitives and を for transitive verbs.

Jintor

Do I use に after にちようび? :|

Stupid sometimes-you-use-time-particles-sometimes-you-don't\

AnkhWeasel, our great member. First featured in a newspaper, now this:
Ankh said:
AnkhWeasel: Jesus christ there are some nerds on the internet.
AnkhWeasel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j2D1M09k6U WHY DOES THIS EXIST?
AnkhWeasel: I mean thanks guy it is a good visual demonstration but what the fuck?
Megadrive: hes not even talking
Megadrive: just holding it up
AnkhWeasel: I wonder if someone jerks off to this. :-/
Megadrive: :|||||||||||||

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
My facebook is clogged up with butthurt AFL fans wanting those "faggot rugby players to fuck off back to poofterland".

:-/

Welcome to Melbourne fellas!

midonnay

Do I use に after にちようび? :|

Stupid sometimes-you-use-time-particles-sometimes-you-don't\

Jintor get out a copy of "A dictionary of basic japanese grammar"...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/4789004546/?tag=neogaf0e-20

there is probably one in your university library (there was a few copies in 3 different unis in WA I visited so I assume Sydneyians aren't peasants).

Its more comprehensive than most textbooks and there are lots of example sentences.

ZYWHi.jpg

ps: suru is one of those prima donna verbs that doesn't care much about rules.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I COOKED AN AMAZING HOTPOT STEW

OH MY GOD IT IS AMAZING

Gor@n

Neo Member
How many watched the Origin last night? Good to see QLD win, though the try was tough to judge. Bring on the next game

Our halves didn't do a hell of a lot. The potential was there, but we didn't use all of it.

Tamou impressed me a lot. I love watching Uate run the ball up at top speed, just not giving a fuck if he canes himself. Watching that is so inspiring.

From another forum:

"Slater slides in on his knees into Farah = No try

Farah stands there and the ball hits his foot = Try"

Truth. Slater does it all the time, it's illegal but he gets away with it because everyone thinks he's the best ever. It's a grub tactic and he should be penalised every time for doing it.

Come on man they're very different incidents. Slater has been penalized in the past for sliding in and kneeing people. That's not what he did, he threw his knees under the ball he didn't belt Farrah in the head with them.

And anyone the comparison would only be valid if in doing that Slater had dislodged the ball, Farrah regathered and scored.

I think nsw can feel pissed about that inglis try, but that one and the Jennings send off were pretty clear cut to me

Headache, dry scratchy gunky throat, sore cheekbone, beginnings of a cough, swollen glands, lethargic movement, whingy demeanour. Yep, I am sick. 4 day weekend but it will not be a GOOD 4 day weekend. :(

I think definitive proof that no such thing as God exists is that Gina Rineheart make $1 million per half hour.
I TOLD you not to read the news!

Cuteness! I feel a little better now, if only we were allowed to get a cat.

I COOKED AN AMAZING HOTPOT STEW

OH MY GOD IT IS AMAZING
Best thing about winter is slow cooker goodness. Got a fantastic little vege soup going at the moment which really hits the spot.

Considering there's not that many of us, we seriously do have a way of popping up everywhere.
Tasmanias. Outcasts who flock to the internet for friendship. And tips on how to buy games but not actually play them.

Stackboy

So I was driving through my local Mcdonalds drive through and I see a sign for the McRib :D Coming June 5th apparently

This is relevant to my heart attack inducing interests.

Getting back on the Forza 4 bandwagon of late. Downloaded the Porsche car pack yesterday, haven't had the chance to play it yet, because I wanted to play while it downloaded.

Interested to see how different Forza World is to the original series.

Danoss

Come on man they're very different incidents. Slater has been penalized in the past for sliding in and kneeing people. That's not what he did, he threw his knees under the ball he didn't belt Farrah in the head with them.

And anyone the comparison would only be valid if in doing that Slater had dislodged the ball, Farrah regathered and scored.

I think nsw can feel pissed about that inglis try, but that one and the Jennings send off were pretty clear cut to me

I'm sorry, where in the rules does it say going in legs first is okay as long as you don't hurt the other player? By that logic, spear tackles should be allowed as long as you don't break the other players neck.

I was posting something I found humourous on another forum, but if you want to try and justify that rubbish, have at it. Slater is a grub that gets away with far too much and isn't penalised anywhere near enough for the shit he does. They didn't show the full replay of it, but Slater may have kicked Hayne in the head in a tackle. I look forward to seeing that on the game analyser and seeing if that's indeed what happened. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if he did.

And no, having Jennings sin binned was not clear cut. Yes he did what he did, but it's not like he was the only one who has done it. He is the only one in recent memory sin binned for it though. Gallen had every right to bring up Thaiday because he's notorious for it, I won't hold my breath waiting for him to be sin binned for it when he does it again.

Choc

Banned

Farrah was penalized for using his legs to stop a try

Skater did the same thing knee is part of leg and was allowed

Fucking disgrace

Hey guys, need help from peeps to upgrade my pc!!

I currently have phenom x2+ quadcore, radeon 5770

Don't need case or hdd, ram or screen keyboard etc.

Going to be buying from arc.com.au my local brick and mortar store.

Budget is about 800 for mobo, gr card and cpu if needed.

I'm sorry, where in the rules does it say going in legs first is okay as long as you don't hurt the other player? By that logic, spear tackles should be allowed as long as you don't break the other players neck.

I was posting something I found humourous on another forum, but if you want to try and justify that rubbish, have at it. Slater is a grub that gets away with far too much and isn't penalised anywhere near enough for the shit he does. They didn't show the full replay of it, but Slater may have kicked Hayne in the head in a tackle. I look forward to seeing that on the game analyser and seeing if that's indeed what happened. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if he did.

And no, having Jennings sin binned was not clear cut. Yes he did what he did, but it's not like he was the only one who has done it. He is the only one in recent memory sin binned for it though. Gallen had every right to bring up Thaiday because he's notorious for it, I won't hold my breath waiting for him to be sin binned for it when he does it again.

Farrah was penalized for using his legs to stop a try

Skater did the same thing knee is part of leg and was allowed

Fucking disgrace

When was Farrah penalised? The try was allowed as it was deemed he had kicked the ball lose meaning play on.

Slater has, heaps of times, been penalised and had penalty tries awarded against him by sliding into people ribs. He is the prime suspect in doing that. It's hard to say he gets ignored when he does it when he is almost the only guy that gets done for it.

That's not what happened against Farrah at all. He didn't slide into him he stuck his legs under the ball.

They're completely different situations. If Slater had knocked the ball loose and Farrah had scored then they'd be comparable. But they aren't.
Again, I'm not saying the ruling on the Inglis try was right, I honestly don't know what the rules say about that, but I understand the logic behind the ruling.

I honestly can't say how you can say Jennings didn't deserve to be binned for that. Thaiday has done it in the past and probably deserved to do too. But I don't remember him leaping over the top of a pack to put a hit on regardless.

On the upside of all this, there will definitely be some feeling going into the next game.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So as i've mentioned on twitter, I'm pondering how going on a holiday for a month or so. I have no real idea why that was the suggested length, it just seems nice and rounded.

If work is going to be like it was yesterday and I do get the feeling it will be soon, Then I may as well call it quits and get my monies. My back was aching like all hell after yesterday and there's no way I want to continue putting that strain on it for the rest of my life.

So I figured something like a little around the world trip could be a good idea if I decide to bail the fuck out of work. Maybe start in the UK, head over to paris then to the USofA then asia with probably japan / south korea. I figured that would make me start the furthest away and slowly head back home. I have no idea how maps work so maybe the US is further than the UK via flight times.

How much would I need? 10k? 15? Throw some guestimated figures at me from those who have traveled.

Travelling Western Europe for seven weeks cost my wife and I about $22k in 2007, so I'd estimate 1/2 to 2/3 of that for a single traveller. We went in the slack season though, so things were a bit cheaper. I usually try to budget $200 a day for accommodation and meals.

If you want cheap, the best place you could go is Southeast Asia (Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, etc). $20 a day for accommodation and meals is easily doable and you won't be slumming it.

Choc

Banned
Paul Kent tears the Referees a new one

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-origin-game-one/story-e6frexv9-1226364788874

Good job.

oh and to top it off refs boss says no try

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-greg-inglis-try/story-e6frexv9-1226365092333

EAT SHIT QLD. Referees should be fucking dropped from even the NRL this week. IF i had a performacne like that i would be in park premier league for 2 or so weeks. Not blood semi professional stuff

lol

"Bill Harrigan admitted that the Inglis try should never have been awarded," Stuart told The Daily Telegraph last night.

"And that Greg Bird should not have been penalised for the lifting tackle on Cooper Cronk in the first half.

"He also said Akuila Uate should have been given a penalty when he was elbowed in the head (by Cameron Smith)."

queensland biased much referees?

BACK TO ETHICS SCHOOL FOR YOU.

I have to do it, you should to, arseholes

Choc

Banned
The decision was made, better get over it Choc. It is making you look like a right bitter fool. ;)

because NSW should have got 3 penalties they didnt and QLD shouldnt have been awarded the try

and people have the hide to say referees didnt impact the game? give me a break

inglis admitted it shouldn't have been a try

haha, for fuck sake what a joke this series is now

New South Welshmen are just angry at some guy in pink making a call benefiting meatheads in a colour they don't like as opposed to their favourite colour.

Have no doubt most wouldn't be complaining if pink guy made a call benefiting their favourite colour.

Choc

Banned
New South Welshmen are just angry at some guy in pink making a call benefiting meatheads in a colour they don't like as opposed to their favourite colour.

Have no doubt most wouldn't be complaining if pink guy made a call benefiting their favourite colour.

i would have taken it sure, but i would have called it a hollow victory and the refs on our side

unlike queenslanders who are blind as fuck today

if the refs boss says its not a try under the rules, its not a fucking try

Deeku

Jintor get out a copy of "A dictionary of basic japanese grammar"...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/4789004546/?tag=neogaf0e-20

there is probably one in your university library (there was a few copies in 3 different unis in WA I visited so I assume Sydneyians aren't peasants).

Its more comprehensive than most textbooks and there are lots of example sentences.

ZYWHi.jpg

ps: suru is one of those prima donna verbs that doesn't care much about rules.
Don't make me buy you this jint!

It's like 50 bucks from coop bookshop, really really worth it imo.

They have a thing on suru too I think, like suru is transitive and naru is intransitive (they are a pair). Need to look that up.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Not sure if it got worse, I would have to use it to see how it functions but it's certainly different to what we are used to.

I can see why they are changing it since they do want you to have different loadouts per char like TF2. Not sure if that design was the best choice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom