• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Broadcasting on One was in response to the one delayed race on SD, massive amounts of public outcry forced One too change it (and a tweet from Webber). The ads are the real killer, way too frequent and too much talk by Greg Rust and Co. it makes it hard to watch when you get into the race and they cut away for a break.
Ohh... because non-eastern states weren't getting it live at all so it was pushed to One, but only there? What a clusterfuck.

Either way, I just hook my PC up to get one of the many feeds direct from either Sky or BBC (the latter being preferred) and I'm done. I'm praying that it maybe comes to some pay channel and then even if I have to pay for it, it's at least convenient and I don't have to fuck with the PC.

jambo

Anyone interested in buying a couple of GTX 570s?

Looking at upgrading to two GTX 670s and I'll sell my 570s for about $200 each.

One's an EVGA, the other is a Galaxy, both are 1280 MB cards, stock speeds, never OC'd.

hamchan

I look at the release schedule for games and there is nothing I want to play for a long time until Kingdom Hearts in July and Resident Evil 6 in October.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

One's an EVGA, the other is a Galaxy, both are 1280 MB cards, stock speeds, never OC'd.

Farrrrk that's tempting. I have a 570 already, and could totally SLI.

Guuuuuuuuuuuh.

Does that mean it'll be on this site? http://newgameplus.tv/

Good question :p. I know it will be on the Channel 31 page for the program after it airs. Not sure if it will be there.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
GTX 570s in SLI are mighty tasty!

Okay, scratch that idea. I'd have to buy a new power supply. The lure of extra POWA was almost too much.

EDIT: But my birthday is coming up, and I could score myself a PSU...

Goddamn you jambo.

Australian retailers bitch and bleat about consumers buying online overseas. But I recently thought I would try out JB's online store (free shipping so hey) with some vouchers I had to use up and the product still hasn't shipped 5 days later.
I ended up canceling several orders with them because they just weren't ever going to bother getting the stock to ship them since I bought them on sale. One record I pre-ordered a month before release still had a big green tick of available and said AWAITING STOCK even 3 months later when I finally gave up and cancelled the order. On the other hand I have one outstanding order for a CD from Zavvi where they have emailed me several times letting me know that they were not allocated stock from the distriubtor (as it was a special release EP) and were currently waiting on the next print run on X date and letting me know I would be a part of the first allotment. Fuck buying locally.

10:30pm tonight, on the Channel 31 program New Game Plus, my ugly mug will be representing Rocket Chainsaw. I'm so sorry.
You guys have a monthly segment right?

If you weren't in another state I would be tempted.

Yagharek

I ended up canceling several orders with them because they just weren't ever going to bother getting the stock to ship them since I bought them on sale. One record I pre-ordered a month before release still had a big green tick of available and said AWAITING STOCK even 3 months later when I finally gave up and cancelled the order. On the other hand I have one outstanding order for a CD from Zavvi where they have emailed me several times letting me know that they were not allocated stock from the distriubtor (as it was a special release EP) and were currently waiting on the next print run on X date and letting me know I would be a part of the first allotment. Fuck buying locally.

Wait, picking zavvi over jb? What is this I dont even...

Fredescu

I predict a bunch of vapid big budget low gameplay cinematic games will be shown, alongside some pandering gimmicky motion controlled games that demo poorly.

I hope someone announces something that really pisses off a large percentage of gamers, so at least something entertaining comes out of it.

markot

Banned
I had a dream that microsoft was showing off shooter 424352 and everyone was like 'omgomgomgomg!' but then it panned out and it was being used by a dude standing playing with kinect!

markot

Banned
I want to see new wii u details, and see how far the pad works from the console... the thing is, I dont see many usages for the pad that would be that great for single player games, which are my favourite player games. I can think of things, and tricks, and doo hickeys, and the dreaded Gimmicks! but outside of that, the pad seems to me like a portable device more than a controller, which I like actually but still!

Yagharek

I play video games on a PC. I am looking fwd to seeing the ports I will be served.

And since valve isnt going that explains your malaise?

I want to see new wii u details, and see how far the pad works from the console... the thing is, I dont see many usages for the pad that would be that great for single player games, which are my favourite player games. I can think of things, and tricks, and doo hickeys, and the dreaded Gimmicks! but outside of that, the pad seems to me like a portable device more than a controller, which I like actually but still!

I'm assuming most of the games will be playable with wiimotes too, for mutiplayer capable games at least.

EatChildren

E3 is next week right?

What predictions or hopes do people have that they want to see announced?

Interesting stuff from Nintendo. I'll be grabbing the Wii U the day it comes out anyway, so I'd like them to have something more than shitty third party ports and other junk. I'm hoping they've got some cool new stuff to show, and it will be nice to see their franchises on half decent hardware for once. Also keen to see some 3DS support. It's way too dry at the moment.

Otherwise there's not a whole lot that interests me. Dishonoured is up there, because it might be Human Revolution 2 before Human Revolution 2. Hoping Thief 4 finally makes an appearance. Metal Gear: Revengeance is a big one, because Platinum can do no wrong and it looks ludicrously stupid in the best way possible. Rayman Legends, but I already know that will be dope.

That's about it. A few things I'm mildly interested in, but all the above excites me most. It would be nice to be surprised for once.

markot

Banned
No one is going to try on PC until the new gen is in the wind. It isnt because of stupid msoft and sonysoft, so we are stuck with great graphics cards that are stuck at 50km/ph.

Valve has already fallen victim to the dumbification of consolitis. Portal 1 had much harder puzzles, and needed the agility of a mouse! Portal 2? Nein! Nyet! Ne! IIE!

Also I hope Nintendo doesnt do a 'room for third parties' thing with wiiu. Also I hope Ubisoft falls down some stairs. Behind EA.

I'll make a few bold predictions:

- Microsoft announces Nextbox somehow. Has OnLive esque streaming service as well as retail games.
- Sony's conference is all empty promises and broken dreams. Move is apparently still a thing. Vita missing in action. FFXV announced. Nobody cares.
- Wii U is ignored wholesale by the gaming media. No multi touch or capacitive touch screen.
- Star Fox x Metroid isn't real. Wii U will not launch with Mario, Zelda, Metroid or Pikmin 3. Animal Crossing is the Wii U's big 1st party launch game.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Wii U.

That is all.

Don't care about the rest, I really don't there's nothing out there anymore in gaming's wonderland of crap. Oh another Eastern European RPG is out this week? Bethesda and Bioware are releasing another bugfilled piece of shit? Another first person shooter set in either, space, WW2 or sometime in 2020 with rail guns. How about some more generic open world crap?

Fredescu

E3 is a bit of a dinosaur from the days when people thought it was a good idea to make huge budget games and that budgets would increase forever. Now that most of those developers are dead and their ex-employees are making iOS games, the only thing E3 is good for is console manufacturers and the megapublishers with their small handful of predictable profitable sequels.

Omikron

E3 is a bit of a dinosaur from the days when people thought it was a good idea to make huge budget games and that budgets would increase forever. Now that most of those developers are dead and their ex-employees are making iOS games, the only thing E3 is good for is console manufacturers and the megapublishers with their small handful of predictable profitable sequels.

I am just trying to think of the business case where it makes sense to 'show off' at E3. Apart from those that you describe.

EDIT: HYPE!
EDIT2: Back to watching this WW1 doco thingy.

Choc

Banned
Microsoft won't announce but they will do what sony did with ps3

have some guy come out and shit on about CELL processors for hours that no one cared about :)

MS isn't going to have a lot of games guys i hear in the traps.

They will show

-Black Ops 2 live demo
-Halo 4 live demo
-Forza Horizon live demo

and maybe 1 more. Huge focus on connected services.

They will announce another tier of XBL that goes after PSN Plus (full game trials, cheaper downloads, beta testing)

I strongly predict:

1. The UI of Xbox Next will be based on Windows 8 Metro and MS will talk a lot about Windows 8 convergence. Microsoft may even use the conference to announce the consumer release of the final Win 8 preview ESPECIALLY if it can hook into Xbox 360. It's due out first week of june remember and that date has been known a long arse time. Long enough to be an E3 thing.

2. There will be ridiculous connectivity mentions between Mobile, Windows and Xbox via Metro.

I predict in one of the 3 conferences we will hear about a console only MMO.

Expect a strong focus on Vita. Microsoft are going to try and take Nintendo head on whilst Sony is going to focus on handheld a lot.

senahorse

Sure there are lot of 'miss' games, but I think there is still room for big budget games, Skyrim showed it's still viable.

Choc

Banned
I am just trying to think of the business case where it makes sense to 'show off' at E3. Apart from those that you describe.

EDIT: HYPE!
EDIT2: Back to watching this WW1 doco thingy.

Guys

Every one of you always forgets that the Wall Street and other financial journals go to this event and report on it to shareholders

THAT is one MAJOR reason why the companies go.

Omikron

The metro being more a 'platform' is a complete no brainer. Been obvious for a long while that they are moving towards that future.

Guys

Every one of you always forgets that the Wall Street and other financial journals go to this event and report on it to shareholders

Cool. I guess, this I didn't know.

Fredescu

Skyrim showed it's still viable.
The fifth sequel to a popular series certainly showed that sequels to popular series are still viable.

Guys

I hope this isn't a reply to what I was saying because it's pretty irrelevant.

Lord Nomura-sama is going to announce that Final Fantasy Versus XIII secretly switched to Vita some time back and will be available worldwide these holidays. In addition, he will be developing the long-awaited Kingdom Hearts 3 exclusively for Sony's handheld, as well as The World Ends With You Too, a sequel also packed with an enhanced remake of the original.

Also Capcom will be there with some adorable puppies and kittens and a localised Ace Attorney Investigations 2. Also Mega Man Legends 3 was "cancelled" so that development could be moved to the Vita. It was then cancelled again so they could instead make an awesome Protoman game that features stylised 2D artwork and plays like a missing link between the Classic and X series, with a soundtrack composed entirely of blues tunes.

Really thought I just want a release date for Luigi's Mansion 2. Interested in Wii U details but whatever. Some Vita stuff would be nice because looking ahead the only game I want for it is Gravity Rush but I'd expect most of that shit to go down at TGS.

EatChildren

Oh another Eastern European RPG is out this week?

You can diss the shooters. You can diss the the open world. You can diss the buggy crap from the usual suspects.

But my precious Eastern European RPGs?

Enough talk. Have at you!

Yagharek

I'll make a few bold predictions:

- Microsoft announces Nextbox somehow. Has OnLive esque streaming service as well as retail games.
- Sony's conference is all empty promises and broken dreams. Move is apparently still a thing. Vita missing in action. FFXV announced. Nobody cares.
- Wii U is ignored wholesale by the gaming media. No multi touch or capacitive touch screen.
- Star Fox x Metroid isn't real. Wii U will not launch with Mario, Zelda, Metroid or Pikmin 3. Animal Crossing is the Wii U's big 1st party launch game.

I bet yours is the closest to reality.

Wii U.

That is all.

Don't care about the rest, I really don't there's nothing out there anymore in gaming's wonderland of crap. Oh another Eastern European RPG is out this week? Bethesda and Bioware are releasing another bugfilled piece of shit? Another first person shooter set in either, space, WW2 or sometime in 2020 with rail guns. How about some more generic open world crap?

Pretty much where I stand I have to admit. Aside from Nintendo, Treasure/Valve/Platinum and the PES Wii team are the only devs who actually impressed me this gen.

But its also something of a comfort food like a new james bond film. You dont expect brilliance, but sometimes it really surprises.

Anyway, my predictions and hopes:

Predictions:
1. Wii U Zelda new demo shown, ends up being nothing like the final version
2. Pikmin 3 is the system selling application for the tablet, but it has Mii integration
3. NSMB Mii is a pack in game
4. 3DS XL revision is real, but no second stick
5. All media focus is on UE4 games in lieu of a lack of concrete PS4/720 info. And it will look stunning.

Hopes:
1. Starfox x Metroid is real, but it is more like an IntSys humorous take on the games a la Paper Mario.
2. Zelda Wii U confirmed to use motion plus a la skyward sword again.
3. Full transfers of virtual console/wiiware detailed and confirmed.
4. More games from Q Games announced for Wii U/3DS
5. A new Batman game is announced with a return to Metroid-esque exploration rather than full city gameplay.

senahorse

The fifth sequel to a popular series certainly showed that sequels to popular series are still viable.

I hope this isn't a reply to what I was saying because it's pretty irrelevant.

OK, Gears of War and Uncharted are two new series from this current gen that have sold gangbusters.

Fredescu

But its also something of a comfort food like a new james bond film. You dont expect brilliance, but sometimes it really surprises.
My E3 prediction is that in ten years there will still be new James Bond films.

OK, Gears of War and Uncharted are two new series from this current gen that have sold gangbusters.
Uncharted didn't sell gangbusters at all, and both games were heavily subsidised by exclusivity contracts. Both games also come from before the period that I'm talking about. I think big budget stuff started to die in the arse around 08/09. How many new IPs from the last 3-4 years have gone on to sell 2 million+?

Yagharek

I thought I was jaded, but fred and omi take the cake here.

Uncharted didn't sell gangbusters at all, and both games were heavily subsidised by exclusivity contracts. Both games also come from before the period that I'm talking about. I think big budget stuff started to die in the arse around 08/09. How many new IPs from the last 3-4 years have gone on to sell 2 million+?

Just Dance.

Choc

Banned
Choc and vks, I'm surprised neither of you even mentioned Kinect...

we want to forget

Fred no it was Omi

Watch next week, share prices after each conference of the 3 major companies. And then watch EA shares after theirs

they have a material impact on the markets sometimes

FFXIII Versus Vita: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom