• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Like they give a fuck, anyway. They're just going to hack us and steal any information they want.

I'm more concerned they are going to try and buy up all the farms and arable land. Between that and CSG licensees, Australia is going to be up shit creek from an agriculture perspective.

Cynic in me suggests that there will eventually be more widespread exploration for iron ore, uranium and farming in the Kimberly region and NT too.

hamchan

International relations is fun and pretty interesting. You get a lot of history in there, and a fairly good grounding about the world today. Its usefulness kinda depends on the career you want, and your other majors I guess :p I'm doing some int relations courses towards my Asian studies major. Which other languages are you learning? I'd say it really depends on how decent your other languages are. I wouldn't start two languages at once, but otherwise it shouldn't be an issue. Japanese and Korean are both awesome (starting them both at once might be difficult though, since they are really similar).

I dunno, you could probably stay in uni and do all of them if you really wanted to. Aren't you doing like economics and accounting as well? That's a lot of different crap to keep track of!

And yeah, multiple languages is probably bad idea.

Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards international relations + one of the languages now. I'm currently doing Mandarin outside Uni. Two languages will probably be ok, three might be too much. Now I just need to decide whether I like Japanese or Korean entertainment more.

Yeah I'm also doing an economics and accounting double major. I'm like, half way through all those subjects without even touching any arts stuff yet ><

Choc

Banned
Choc: wut
Choc: preorder a car?
Choc: wtf hilden
Choc: holden
Choc: dont learn from games!
Kritz Kritikos: do you get day1 dlc
Choc: haha
AnkhWeasel: o.o
Choc: 'free extra key'
Kritz Kritikos: but the dlc is already in the car
Kritz Kritikos: you have to pay to access it though
Choc: ahahaha
Kritz Kritikos: so, a glovebox
Choc: nah
Choc: the radio
Choc: :D
Choc: EXTRA RADIO STATIONS
Kritz Kritikos: if you order the limited edition you get a 200:1 scale model of the passenger seat
Choc: lol
fappenmeister: you get a limited edition interior trim nowhere else
Choc: product placement
Kritz Kritikos: get the gamespot themed interior design
Choc: oh yeah and you need to pay 15.99 a month or the engine wont start
fappenmeister: you have to have the key in the ignition to drive the car
Kritz Kritikos: well that kinda already exists, you needa pay x amount of year to keep the car registered
Kritz Kritikos: aka
Kritz Kritikos: monthly fee for multiplayer
Choc: to take passengers (multiplayer) costs $10 a month
Choc: HAHAHA

Yagharek

Choc: wut
Choc: preorder a car?
Choc: wtf hilden
Choc: holden
Choc: dont learn from games!
Kritz Kritikos: do you get day1 dlc
Choc: haha
AnkhWeasel: o.o
Choc: 'free extra key'
Kritz Kritikos: but the dlc is already in the car
Kritz Kritikos: you have to pay to access it though
Choc: ahahaha
Kritz Kritikos: so, a glovebox
Choc: nah
Choc: the radio
Choc: :D
Choc: EXTRA RADIO STATIONS
Kritz Kritikos: if you order the limited edition you get a 200:1 scale model of the passenger seat
fappenmeister: you get a limited edition interior trim nowhere else
Choc: product placement
Kritz Kritikos: get the gamespot themed interior design
Choc: oh yeah and you need to pay 15.99 a month or the engine wont start
fappenmeister: you have to have the key in the ignition to drive the car
Kritz Kritikos: well that kinda already exists, you needa pay x amount of year to keep the car registered
Kritz Kritikos: aka
Kritz Kritikos: monthly fee for multiplayer
Choc: to take passengers (multiplayer) costs $10 a month
Choc: HAHAHA

I approve of this message.

How about single driver lag? Does it take 15 seconds for the engine to start? Are you allowed to go on solo trips without calling holden up first? Does it take half a minute to respond to steering wheel input?

I approve of this message.

How about single driver lag? Does it take 15 seconds for the engine to start? Are you allowed to go on solo trips without calling holden up first? Does it take half a minute to respond to steering wheel input?

Not being able to drive in the T2 lane during peak hour is pretty laggy.

PS.
pLeaD.gif

I win.

NNNGHAAAWWWHHHHHUUUUUURRRRRSSSSSSPPPPP

*thud*

Choc

Banned
Not to dredge it up but David Gallop has ordered an inquiry into Origin refereeing and especially the decision in Origin 1

lulz

Finally went to the garage to haul out the heater. The effort was worth it.

No more big ass ski type jacket required!

lol!

Apparently its not cold enough to use the heater yet, so I have to sit wrapped in my doona with smoke from all the neighbours' chimneys pouring in. I want to use my tiny heater already ;.; Oh how I envy you >.>

Toonami was fucking amaaaaaaaaziiiiing

I feel silly, but is Toonami a foxtel thing or a before-I-can-remember thing?

Shaneus

Given that expectations would have been about on par with another GI Joe/Transformers/Battleship movie, I guess it didnt have to do much to impress.
I really don't know what I was expecting, just something fairy bland and a bit shit (certainly not on the level of movies you're mentioning) but it was genuinely entertaining. Probably the best of all three movies, too.

Jintor

I really regret learning that MIB 1 has largely not aged very well. The animated series is still pretty baller though, although animation quality has really gone down shit creek (unlike BTAS)

Has anyone else noticed the excessive use of what seems to be tilt shift lenses on British TV in the past five years? It's like they've discovered coloured lighting and lens flare in OpenGL.

Yagharek

I get the feeling I'm stomping on eggshells in the China/USA thread.

I dont think my point is being read in anything but a reactionary tone.

I think you made some good points. People like to forget that the allies have done some awful things with regard to human rights.

Also NO KORRA THIS WEEK!?!?!? >=(

Dead Man

Has anyone else noticed the excessive use of what seems to be tilt shift lenses on British TV in the past five years? It's like they've discovered coloured lighting and lens flare in OpenGL.

I would like to comment but I have no idea what that means, wikipedia didn't really help either.

Yagharek

I think you made some good points. People like to forget that the allies have done some awful things with regard to human rights.

True. I dont think China are angels, but I dont think the USA are anything close to that either. Maybe average citizens are generally good (or well meaning), but the same goes for citizens in every country for the most part.

People are inherently good, but regimes generally are morally corruptible to disgusting levels the world over.

Choc

Banned

Hiroshima.

The one good thing that came of that was the world realized nuclear weaponry is far to much.

But the US will never be forgiven for it.

Shaneus

Wrote this on Ten's FB page:
"Network Ten is committed to bringing Formula One and MotoGP to more viewers and building motorsport’s television presence in Australia." Except when there's other stuff to promote, right? From your Twitter tonight:
"@channelten SUPER SUNDAY: The Project, Modern Family, New Girl, Masterchef Australia and Touch! Local guide: http://bit.ly/xYW3sk"
Absolutely no mention of the F1 AT ALL on your feed (despite an Aussie being on pole), but as long as you're promoting online streams of other shows, that's all that matters I guess.

At least we get I Spy and the netball in HD. Great work.
Still fucking pisses me off. "Let's move it to Ten. Away from HD. Get more viewers... and completely forget to promote it AT ALL."

Cunts. Move it back to HD or get more people watching it.

Yagharek

I'm deliberately not mentioning the WW2 atom bombs since that is another debate on par with circumcision/abortion/PSVita sales figures as far as GAF is concerned. I think it can be argued simultaneously that it was both justified militarily and an unimaginable atrocity.

But then it doesn't take atomic bombs to do that - the Battle of the Somme and the firestorms in Dresden are just as bad (well, ten times worse in the former example).

The debate is easier to get a hold of when you make two realisations:
1) Every side is guilty
2) There is rarely a solution that does not involve ugly acts

Hiroshima.

The one good thing that came of that was the world realized nuclear weaponry is far to much.

But the US will never be forgiven for it.

I don't know if the world did recognise that :( A lot of countries are still obsessing over obtaining/ maintaining nuclear power. I'm not sure what the lesson most people took away from it, even if I personally think its something we shouldn't control.

Wrote this on Ten's FB page:

Still fucking pisses me off. "Let's move it to Ten. Away from HD. Get more viewers... and completely forget to promote it AT ALL."

Cunts. Move it back to HD or get more people watching it.

It's not worth the hassle. Nine did the same thing with the origin, most watched show of the night, and yet they still didn't offer it in HD over on gem. Instead they had crappy vet shows.

After having not watched non-hd sport in ages, it was a shock to the system. First world problem I know, but a problem nonetheless.

Choc

Banned
crazy thing is they show a replay in HD on Tuesday night on ONE

thats the price we pay for F1 being hte highest rating show on ONE in the Eastern States.

They see a potential for the main channel to get ratings

Yagharek

I don't know if the world did recognise that :( A lot of countries are still obsessing over obtaining/ maintaining nuclear power. I'm not sure what the lesson most people took away from it, even if I personally think its something we shouldn't control.

I reckon nuclear power should be at the forefront of research. Safer forms of electricity generation, medical uses, diagnostic tools etc are all viable.

Nuclear weapons and early generation reactors are a bad thing though.

magenta

I'm deliberately not mentioning the WW2 atom bombs since that is another debate on par with circumcision/abortion/PSVita sales figures as far as GAF is concerned. I think it can be argued simultaneously that it was both justified militarily and an unimaginable atrocity.

But then it doesn't take atomic bombs to do that - the Battle of the Somme and the firestorms in Dresden are just as bad (well, ten times worse in the former example).

The debate is easier to get a hold of when you make two realisations:
1) Every side is guilty
2) There is rarely a solution that does not involve ugly acts

Too many people tend to see things in a black and white perspective, especially when it is their country that is being criticized. While I don't think that America is on par or worse than China, but it is undeniable that that they has committed atrocities themselves or have backed regimes that have done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom