• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Too many people tend to see things in a black and white perspective, especially when it is their country that is being criticized. While I don't think that America is on par or worse than China, but it is undeniable that that they has committed atrocities themselves or have backed regimes that have done so.

I agree. You only need to mention any of the massacres of Aboriginals in this country in Tasmania or NSW especially, the stolen generation, or detention practices in WA, native title in far north Qld etc and its not too long before someone comes out and decries "black armband view of history". Apparently no-one really wants to call a spade a spade in this country - that a genocide in all but name occurred.

If you ignore what your own country has done you don't exactly have the right or the credibility to criticise what others are doing.

Gazunta

Also Tasmanian Tigers. :(

Ty_Comeback.jpg

The fat bloke on Masterchef said "pwned" the other night, WHICH MEMBER OF AUSGAF ARE YOU, FAT BLOKE FROM MASTERCHEF.

Ricki Lee Coulter is the new face of Covergirl Australia. So that's...a thing, I guess.

I really don't have much to say here can you tell.

How is the Man Cave coming along Gaz? Want to come down to VIC and have a few drinks some time?

Got any cool promo stuff coming up for the day job?

Can you tell I am also bored. I got to go drink indoor go carts for the afternoon though! My arms/shoulders are fucking sore as hell!
EDIT:(pffft! Got to go have a fancy lunch at a balcony restaurant overlooking the ocean and drink Coopers Pale Ale and then go and drive go karts for the afternoon.)

I would like to comment but I have no idea what that means, wikipedia didn't really help either.
Shows seem to be blurring out parts of the frame selectively in a way normal lenses can't. I've noticed it in Misfits, Downtown Abbey, Friday Night Dinner, possibly Being Human.

Tilt shift lenses are generally used for perspective correction in architectural photography, but are increasingly being used for other things, like the Dollhouse intro where things look like models. In this case they're doing it for stylistic purposes or to keep only key sections of frame in focus. Maybe they're smearing vaseline over it instead.

Anyone play ticket to ride pocket on iOS?
I do!

Gazunta

How is the Man Cave coming along Gaz? Want to come down to VIC and have a few drinks some time?

Got any cool promo stuff coming up for the day job?

Can you tell I am also bored. I got to go drink indoor go carts for the afternoon though! My arms/shoulders are fucking sore as hell!
GO KARTS ARE AWESOME. I am very fond of the Big Kart Track at Landsborough, bit of a drive to get there but so worth it. Been there so often I know every dip in that damn track.

I'm not doing promo stuff for the day job any more :/

Man cave has hit a new milestone last week - holes dug, filled with concrete and have foundation posts put in. Just need to, you know, actually build a man cave on it. But at least there's NO MORE DIGGING NOW THANK FUCK.

Sadly no Victoria trip planned any time soon :/

Idea for a new OT thread: Why the fuck haven't those record label arseholes released new mixed version of Death Magnetic and Californication? Do they hate money?

Out of curiosity, how do they taste?
Drive
Too much beer on the brain. Felt a little sick tonight, must have been the karts as some others have complained of the same thing. YOU'RE OFF THE HOOK THIS TIME ESTRELLA DAMN INEDIT, YOU ARE JUST A VERY AVERAGE BEER INSTEAD.

Or they taste like success and drifting. The other dudes wanted to improve their lap times but I just wanted to try and drift the whole way around the track. Also the last kart I went in was TINY and terrible to try and steer. Couldn't even get my 6 foot frame into the seat all the way back.

I am thinking now that they probably wouldn't have let me drive if they knew I had 3 or several beers in me...

Tilt shift lenses are generally used for perspective correction in architectural photography, but are increasingly being used for other things, like the Dollhouse intro where things look like models. In this case they're doing it for stylistic purposes or to keep only key sections of frame in focus. Maybe they're smearing vaseline over it instead.
Changes in the tectonic plates in different regions means that the camera seems slightly off to us.

Man cave has hit a new milestone last week - holes dug, filled with concrete and have foundation posts put in. Just need to, you know, actually build a man cave on it. But at least there's NO MORE DIGGING NOW THANK FUCK.
But now you will lose your buff tradie physic!

The walls shouldn't take long at least, what kind of kit do you have? I'm more knowledgeable about sheds and the like but it is one of the few parts of my job I enjoy.

ASOS 40% off Jack & Jones brand for 24 hours only - Valid until 6pm AEST 28 May 2012.

I just want my music to sound fucking dynamic alright. Both albums are great, more than great. But fuck they sound terrible at times because of the stupid mixing decision.

Estrella is good on a really hot day, drunk outside as the sun is setting, while eating seafood.

In winter with chili?. Notsomuch.
I really only grabbed it to try something different, as this was the super fancy looking Inedit release by some famous chef. I actually prefer the usual Estrella over it.

Please tell me this isn't fucking real. I haven't been watching many episodes these last few years but I cannot believe this exists.
U3BFh.gif

Visited a castle for a themed banquet last night. Went with a crew of mates, all in costume. We were in the company of paid actors who did a woeful job of staying in character. We made our own fun, but it was roundly awful. Pictures later maybe.
Did you get to drink out of goblets and feast on maidens at least?

Yagharek

I spent the evening watching 16 episodes of this guy trying to eradicate wasps fro his garden.

Enjoy

Bonus pic:

IYXgJ.png

edit: wii u thread seems to have suffered some heavy losses today.

Jintor

Man, why does my creativity brain always fire up when I have multiple projects on the burner? I really need to write a japanese skit script and start researching restorative justice and maybe actually doing some IT Law study on the side... but I just want to sit down and try and write some manga scripts...

edit: wii u thread seems to have suffered some heavy losses today.
I have not been involved in that thread at all. I don't care what the box has in it - my purchase decision will be predicated entirely on its ability to play the next console Zelda and that will be the subject of a media blackout when the time comes.

It does mean I miss out on some choice memes, but them's the breaks.

Omikron

Australian retailers bitch and bleat about consumers buying online overseas. But I recently thought I would try out JB's online store (free shipping so hey) with some vouchers I had to use up and the product still hasn't shipped 5 days later.

senahorse

*sigh*

Getting a solar power system installed at home today so doing the work from home thing. Just got asked to supply some roof tiles (a few cracked/broken) but there is nowhere nearby to buy any. I have to do a 120km round trip to pick them up and then they want to replace my power cabinet so I will be without power for the afternoon.

/first world problems

Choc

Banned
so this week is off to a fantastic start

-100 person queue at the lifts when I arrived

-Found out someone i've known for a long time has cancer at 35

jambo

crazy thing is they show a replay in HD on Tuesday night on ONE

thats the price we pay for F1 being hte highest rating show on ONE in the Eastern States.

They see a potential for the main channel to get ratings

So glad it got put back on ONE in HD for Adelaide, watched the race live last night with a mate on my giant plasma.

So good to see Webber win, plus 6 winners from 6 races, madness! The 2012 season has somehow managed to be better than last year!

Shaneus

So glad it got put back on ONE in HD for Adelaide, watched the race live last night with a mate on my giant plasma.

So good to see Webber win, plus 6 winners from 6 races, madness! The 2012 season has somehow managed to be better than last year!
Wait... Adelaide has F1 in HD, live? Fuuucking hell. Makes my rant on it (on the last page?) even more accurate. Ramble on about putting it on Ten to get more viewers, yet in a tweet yesterday from them, a mention of everything on their "Super Sunday" (or some shit) EXCEPT the F1. Oh, they mentioned it on their @onehd Twitter feed when it was starting. Once. That's it. Not even a mention that people should watch because Webber was starting on pole or anything.

Seriously, fuck them. And fuck the amount of ads they have on. I might've actually caught some racing at some stage last night.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
10:30pm tonight, on the Channel 31 program New Game Plus, my ugly mug will be representing Rocket Chainsaw. I'm so sorry.

Danoss

Australian retailers bitch and bleat about consumers buying online overseas. But I recently thought I would try out JB's online store (free shipping so hey) with some vouchers I had to use up and the product still hasn't shipped 5 days later.

Their online setup is pathetic. Unless they have changed since I last worked there, they don't have any stock on hand, they just order things as people do (no warehouse). They often end up having stock sent to customers from a store, which is usually way too late by the time that has been arranged. Store staff are busy enough without having to fulfil online orders as well as serving customers and processing stock.

Prices can occasionally be good, but the speed of shipping can sometimes make Zavvi look speedy.

Frawdder

Wait... Adelaide has F1 in HD, live? Fuuucking hell. Makes my rant on it (on the last page?) even more accurate. Ramble on about putting it on Ten to get more viewers, yet in a tweet yesterday from them, a mention of everything on their "Super Sunday" (or some shit) EXCEPT the F1. Oh, they mentioned it on their @onehd Twitter feed when it was starting. Once. That's it. Not even a mention that people should watch because Webber was starting on pole or anything.

Seriously, fuck them. And fuck the amount of ads they have on. I might've actually caught some racing at some stage last night.
Broadcasting on One was in response to the one delayed race on SD, massive amounts of public outcry forced One too change it (and a tweet from Webber). The ads are the real killer, way too frequent and too much talk by Greg Rust and Co. it makes it hard to watch when you get into the race and they cut away for a break.

Yagharek

of course it does vince, i wasn't implying it didnt

I wasnt having a go. Just acknowledging a natural phenomenon.

You know, youre having a bad day and then your mate tells you one of your old school buddies died in a car crash. Every time that happens I feel like I was indulging in my own bad mood/luck, then you find out a close example of a much worse situation.

For example:
Me: "Fuck, my hands smell like bleach and its driving me crazy"
Friend: "Hey remember Andrew, he died in a car crash yesterday afternoon"
Me: "What bleach?"

jambo

Anyone interested in buying a couple of GTX 570s?

Looking at upgrading to two GTX 670s and I'll sell my 570s for about $200 each.

One's an EVGA, the other is a Galaxy, both are 1280 MB cards, stock speeds, never OC'd.

I watch Sky

If the Sky F1 channel was offered on Foxtel for $10 a month, I would subscribe in a heartbeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom