• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I remember those dino comics! Brilliant.

Today is my birthday!

I have to go to work, but after, my wife and I are headed to an exhibition about Egyptian mummies at the science centre and dinner at our favourite Turkish restaurant. The only way that could possibly be better would be if the exhibition were about mummies and dinosaurs.

Ohhhh yeeeeeeaaaahhhh!

Happy birthday!
The mummies exhibition is really great. I'm pretty sure they added some dino skeletons since the renovation as well, so keep an eye out!

hamchan

ALL HEROES ARE FREE

It is important to Dota's competitive design that all players have access to all Heroes and that players can't purchase a competitive advantage. We solve that in a simple way, the game is free, all the Heroes are free, and items are earnable in-game. That means, you'll never have to pay to play and win at Dota.

Oh Valve, you're awesome.

Clipper

BrisGAF and especially shanshan, please take note that the 2nd isn't really a good day due to Kritz' response yesterday (Edit: I just noticed shanshan's post on the previous page responding to it already. My bad for only searching for BrisGAF):

I can't do the 2nd because I arrive at 10pm.

3rd and 4th will be okay, though. Probably. And then some random dates after the 5th might be okay for a second meetup (or a first if the first falls through?)

So are we going with 3rd or 4th? Who can and can't make either day again? (Edit: Looks like it'll probably be 3rd if anything, though)

Also, any thoughts on venue? I'd be really interested in checking out the Mana Bar at some point, but anywhere would be OK.

And is there no interest in doing an additional board games day on the Sunday before?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ahhh Dota 2 store is now up and running with todays patch.

I will still stick with the same rules I have with TF2, I won't be spending any money on the store.

I do hope I find cool shit though!

playing RDR for the first time, and caught up on all the waking dead comics, great day :D
Make sure to get heaps of practise on the horse! Also just wander the open plains and do the hunting challenges early, you will come across some amazing ambient stuff too so try and relax out there. One of the best games of the generation and the perfect execution of the GTA open world formula.

EDIT: lol Jezabels on Triple J right now.

Deeku

I don't know why, but I was under the impression that this brisgaf thing was gonna be huuuuuuge, but now it seems to be like 4 people only lol.

Like I said I'm on holidays so whenever's fine. ^^

I don't know why, but I was under the impression that this brisgaf thing was gonna be huuuuuuge, but now it seems to be like 4 people only lol.

*huffs* Its totally gonna be big!
There is at least... Clipper, Sal, Kritz, Marsh, Gazunta, VSK(?) and I. That's more than four! Anyone else put your name down!

EDIT: Looking at a job for transcribing Audio from Japanese war footage. At the bottom: "Note: This is in Japanese Kanji dialect." Riiiiiight.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I mentioned on twitter that I might format and install W8. I'm still thinking about doing that.

Might actually do it tonight after work. Quick backup of my main drive and see what the heck happens.

so june

what do you guys consider the must plays so far this year?

also asuras wrath is batshit insane

Final Fantasy 13-2
The Darkness 2
Crusader Kings II
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Alan Wake & American Nightmare PC Versions
SSX
Mass Effect 3
I Am Alive
Journey
Rayman Origins PC Version
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Steam Version
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings 360 Version
The Walking Dead Episode 1
Trials Evolution
Diablo 3 (if you can get it to work!)
Max Payne 3

Maaaaaaaaaaybe:
KoA Reckoning
Binary Domain
PixelJunk 4am
Lollipop Chainsaw

Jintor

I really got to go grab ARMA and Crusader Kings II sometime. But I think I'll play conservative with my moneys for a while...

markot

Banned
Now thats f2p!

Worst thing about lol is that you have to pay per hero. Hopefully it kicks them in the kaboose to unlock them.

Shaneus

so june

what do you guys consider the must plays so far this year?

also asuras wrath is batshit insane
Binary Domain. Fuck massive budgets and cookie-cutter, mass-appeal storylines... it's awesome as shit. Remember what it was like to love videogames because they're fun, not because they've had millions spent on them and are a big name that everyone will recognise.

Edit: Reptile's list looks pretty good. Not an RPGer so the list has a bad start, but most of them look solid.
PS. His list also forgot Torchlight 2. So fuck that, his list is a load of garbage.

hamchan

Now thats f2p!

Worst thing about lol is that you have to pay per hero. Hopefully it kicks them in the kaboose to unlock them.

I actually think it might go in the opposite way and people might be wary to leave LoL because they've already invested so much time and money.

markot

Banned
I actually think it might go in the opposite way and people might be wary to leave LoL because they've already invested so much time and money.

Yeah, one of the main reasons people say they cant switch mid stream is that so many people have paid for heroes already.

Buuuuut, whatever, Valve wins again cause they are made of win.

Also d3 isnt that great!

Also I liked Ghostbusters 2! Sure it wasnt as good as 1 but it was still good.

Fredescu

I liked Legend of Grimrock. That was this year right? Diablo 3 is pretty great. Amalur was decent but sort of lead me into playing an actual MMO for a while. Don't think I've played many other current games.

edit: If Shane is going to "list" Torchlight 2 beta, I'm going to list Path of Exile beta! That was a lot of fun. Can't wait for the full release.

Any MelGAFfer in the CBD feel like grabbing a drink or two this evening? 5:30 or 6:00ish...

Impromptu MelGAF meetup or I'll be drinking alone!

Edit: If anyone's up for a Torchlight 2 multi-buy, let me know. Should have one other lined up already.

Jintor

By the way, what was the name of that grammar book you japanese speaking folk keep recommending and then I lose in a deluge of posts

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Dota 2 is still in beta, It's not open to everyone just yet by the looks of it. I'm guessing that will happen around the time of the international.

Maybe I won't install W8, It doesn't seem to like my sound card going by a quick forum search but that could have been the old build. Maybe I will and see what happens. Tempted!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Any MelGAFfer in the CBD feel like grabbing a drink or two this evening? 5:30 or 6:00ish...

Impromptu MelGAF meetup or I'll be drinking alone!

Edit: If anyone's up for a Torchlight 2 multi-buy, let me know. Should have one other lined up already.

i'm keen for one or two at 6. infact I could very much use it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
How IS your soundcard out of interest? Still tempted to pick one up

I like it, I like it a lot. I'm not too sure why since i'm not an audiophile but music does sound better compared to on board. If that's a big enough difference for the $$$ then I honestly have no idea.

Games sound fine although i've only really played dota which isn't the most sound intensive game out there. I should get BF3 going again and I should try to use my headphones. See how it actually works out.

Zero testing has been done, I got slack on that department.

All this dota talk has me intrigued. Anyone have spare beta invite?

Sure do!

I like it, I like it a lot. I'm not too sure why since i'm not an audiophile but music does sound better compared to on board. If that's a big enough difference for the $$$ then I honestly have no idea.
Sounds perfect for me! I listen to a lot of stuff but have purposely drawn back from the audiophile stuff mainly so I enjoy everything more rather than nit picking so I might keep any eye out for it at a good price and give it a shot. Soon I will be able to setup the PC speakers again now that the little guy is getting older too so it would be nice to do them justice.

senahorse

Regarding people bypassing GST by having oversea's stores value items less than $1000. While I can't disagree with this being illegal, I am just sick of this fuckwit getting a voice about retail sales all the time.

Harvey Norman chairman Gerry Harvey said the only way to stop people doing things that are illegal is to punish them.

"When they know nothings done about it - it's no different to me bringing drugs or firearms or anything into the country," Mr Harvey said.

"If I keep getting away with it and keeping doing it and not getting caught I'm just going to up the ante."

Mr Harvey said there were "so many ways" for overseas websites to get around paying import taxes, and some retailers were offering to send items like shoes and earrings one at a time in order to halve the invoice amount.
Read more: http://www.news.com.au/business/onl...st/story-e6frfm1i-1226379657028#ixzz1wViUxT5g

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
They've been falling for 18 months.

Yea. But now even at a higher rate, Especially in Melbourne.

I can't see it plummeting overnight, which would be nice, It's still good to see it's slowly falling down.

MP3 now on PC. Can't wait to hear the impressions and pictures. Lets hope it's not a shitty port.

Happy birthday squirrel and belated birthday untold!

hwT0z.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom