• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

I rate myself as a massive MGS fan.
1 was incredible, had a brilliant atmosphere and sense of place. Felt like a cold war tale, crossed with a bit of Hunt for Red Oktober.
2 was batshit insane with solid gameplay but it felt a bit disjointed.
3 retrospectively made the series twice as good, adding more dimensions to series enemies. It also has some of the best gameplay ever, what with freedom to attack bosses in dozens of different ways, the survival elements were incredibly well done and the final sequence from the shaped semtex on to the final salute was mindblowing. Gameplay, story, cinematics all came together in 3.
4 was hamstrung by the fans need/kojima's indulgence in trying to tie every narrative loose end together, and whilst gameplay was fine, story was a weak point and it did a lot to irritate players when it wasnt in actual gameplay. The high point was the music though - that was excellent.

I'm not convinced Rising is going to step beyond the cliches shown in that trailer. If it tries to do a story on child soldiers, its going to come off as very disingenuous. In that sense, I hope its just concentrating on solid and ridiculous gameplay, like Vanquish and Resident Evil 4. Do that, and I'll be happy.

MGS5 needs to be a complete story reboot, like James Bond films are.

Jintor

Gods help me, I'm thinking of poking around in RPGMaker or Game Maker and trying to make a sandbox visual novel

My braaaaaaaaaaaaaain

Yagharek

I'd just like another cold war era game. Survival aspects rule, but it doesnt need to be tied in with all the la li lu le lo stuff, which has become so convoluted as to be impenetrable.

Side stories like one of the Snakes infiltrating a Russian base would be enough. Maybe traipsing across the country side stalking a metal gear rex unit on its way to deployment.

There is a rumour of a Grey Fox story for MGS5 set in Zanzibar Land I think. That being a new character might be able to give them more room to flesh out original details, rather than trying to stick to continuity of an impossible timeline.

Lmao, someone in Au already selling D3 in game gold for real money.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbourne-cbd/video-games/diablo-3-gold-for-sale-cheapest-worldwide-/1002918247

Shaneus

They are basically making a sequel to Vanquish using MGS money.

Not one fuck will be given, this is the best thing that has ever happened.
Isn't this what Bayonetta 2 was cancelled/postponed for?

Either way, it looks fucking rad. MGS tie-in or no, I'll love it. Platinum have a knack of being a bit old-school in their style, basically of gameplay first and story second. Or maybe, games should stop taking themselves so damn seriously. They seem to be the equivalent of THPS1-4 when everyone else is doing Skate. And what are we coming back to now? The original versions of THPS. People want fun, not srsly.

Revengence has been in production at Platinum for a long while now. It will effectively be Vanquish 2 but with a sword instead!

Also Bayonetta 2 hasn't been cancelled silly!

Yagharek

st kilda and richmond are doing wonders washing out the taste of shit that was the western derby

Looks like a shootout is on the cards, both teams look good to watch this year.

I think Ross Lyon leaving was the best thing that could have happened to st kilda. They wouldnt have changed otherwise, and an attacking game is needed now.

As for richmond, hardwicke can do nothing wrong so its no surprise he has whipped them into serious shape.

Yagharek

DeathJr
Banned
(Today, 08:44 PM)

Heh.

Whoops, what for? edit: he posted the gold selling link in the diablo 3 OT. Time to pour out a cup of Arbour Gold for a fallen comrade.

Oh, happy birthday too Danoss, and everyone else on AusGAF since Ive no doubt missed lots more.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Whoops, what for? edit: he posted the gold selling link in the diablo 3 OT. Time to pour out a cup of Arbour Gold for a fallen comrade.

Oh, happy birthday too Danoss, and everyone else on AusGAF since Ive no doubt missed lots more.

I had gold buying adds on gaf the other week. lol.

Rahk

It's not exactly small/light and I don't know if you can buy it in a store (so this advice is going to be totally useful) but the new Asus G55 with the new gen Nvidia GPU looks to be the ducks nuts at the moment: http://www.logicalblueone.com.au/store/529-asus-g55vw-ds71-gaming-laptop.html
Nice specs, but probably too big. Don't want another huge laptop since I'll never want to carry it around. Only really need something that will run Diablo 3, Dota 2 and small indie games.

How are the Clevos? This one looks pretty awesome for an 11"

http://www.logicalblueone.com.au/st...-notebook-pc-gaming-ultra-portable-clevo.html

Will have to get it delivered though.

I'll just take a look at JB tomorrow.

Yagharek

Hey AusGAF:

I have a free game to offer to the AusGAF pile

Left 4 Dead 2 on XBox, UK edition.

I'll pay poast, only condition is that a) you post impressions and pass it on when youre done with it or alternatively b) if you decide after playing it you want to keep it, you throw in a donation game to the ausgaf pool later on when you get something worth sharing.

First pm to me gets it.

This has to be a quick request too, since Im moving next week and wont be able to send it after thursday.

Rezbit

Who would have thought the Saints and the Tigers would put on one of the games of the season. Really sexy, really good to watch. Dishonorable mention goes to the umps for some disgraceful calls on both sides.

Yagharek

I hate when umpires impose themselves on the game when its close. Especially when one of them decides to award a free for something off the ball they were 80m away from. And wrong about.

Rezbit

I hate when umpires impose themselves on the game when its close. Especially when one of them decides to award a free for something off the ball they were 80m away from. And wrong about.

Throughout the game they just made some really shit calls. Totally lacked consistency with holding the ball, in the back, holding the man, etc etc.

Deeku

Holy moly this humble bumble whatever thing has like all the games I've been meaning to play for the longest time, and they all work on my mac!! Amazing.

Played a bit of Limbo, really liking the action puzzleliness of it, poor little guy keeps getting brutally killed though lol.

Just started Bastion. Art looks real nice, the voice over thing I've heard about is pretty cool I guess. Seems fun enough so far!

Deeku

It's been a bit sketchy all day I think. Couldn't check in on some fan pages during different times today. It's not loading for me this very second actually!

Salazar

To hell with it.

lol at the whole idea of conference papers. 20 minutes to say something of intellectual value. And I have to pay to do it.

And I don't even get to go to the dinner, because they are charging $100 in addition to registration for it.

Shaneus

What's wrong with it ?
Well, they said they were a guaranteed lock for their IPO but mid-way through some investors found out they were in trouble. But majority didn't, and now their share price has plummeted.

Don't you pay any attention to the news?

100 bucks for dinner!?!? D:

How cute is this band? ^^
They come off kinda like they're The Ting Tings with an overdose of Zooey Deschanel. Cute yes, but seem like it/they are trying too hard.

/music cynic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom