• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
with a Sony badge that might be hardish day 1 ;)

If Molyneax could get in to see the Wii in 2006...

Molly2.jpg

media are so dumb

people are now like WOW BLACK WII U

well the Wii was originally shown in black as well

the dev units of nintendo are generally black.....

they would be dev units @ e3

duh

seriously media WAKE THE FUCK UP

just saying

There's big black box NDEV dev kits for the Wii that look like a fog machine and need to be hooked up to a PC with half a dozen USB ports and there's test units, which would be more likely at E3. For the Wii, there was one with a HDD and one with a disc drive. One was Reddish Brown and White and the other was olive green and white. Also, it's not hard for Nintendo to punch out some special E3 cases

wiigreen5.jpg

Nintendo2_small.jpg

Choc

Banned
indeed clive, so my point is you can't assume we are getting a black wii u at launch like the media is reporting now

:|

Yagharek

Oh when my ps3 broke during a firmware update the Sony rep told me the firmware update didn't do it. Arrogant fool. I was there ffs!

MS service was fine even though the product was not. Nintendo I don't know since I've never had to use them. Its only been this generation where any of my systems have died. I still have a game and watch that works from 1991.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
People staying up till 2:30 am to watch the Microsoft conference?

We should have a Dota 2 marathon until then.

I will pass on the dota 2. I need to work in the morning, So I will certainly need to get some sleep.

But I will be there at 2:30am, in steam chat and maybe gaf irc just to see everyone go mental. Should be great.

midonnay

the only thing that can probably make me buy a wii-u at launch is if the tech demo zelda is actually a launch title.....or fzero.

2d mario isn't going to cut it for 500 bucks ...sorry :/

Shaneus

I'm gonna try and shoot for 2:20am but I'm not liking my chances. There's nothing really MS could do that I'd be anticipating, other than the new Panzer Dragoon Kinect game, Forza Horizon and maybe more Forza 4 stuff. But honestly, and I've racked my brain, I cannot think of anything else they could release on 360 that I'm excited about. At least, nothing that could realistically (even removely) be considered.

Unless it's PGR5. But that's a MASSIVE stretch.

trinest

the only thing that can probably make me buy a wii-u at launch is if the tech demo zelda is actually a launch title.....or fzero.

2d mario isn't going to cut it for 500 bucks ...sorry :/

Mario is never a system seller, or pick up for me.

Zelda I'd consider but SS was average.

Lego City and Killer Freaks and Rabbids maybe might sway me.

I only ever watch conferences for systems I own and even then, I usually skip the Sony conference in favour of reading a summary later.

Besides, I've never been threatened with anal rape in a Nintendo conference thread.

People like buying expensive clothes from overseas! Free worldwide shipping from Topman (today only), Barneys New York (3 weeks) and Mr Porter (1 week but express).

The mug sums up how I feel about that picture.
My thoughts exactly :)

That's my favorite picture of me at E3 ever
I see you baby.
Shaking that fist.
Where did it end up?
I bet it all finished with a kiss.

People staying up till 2:30 am to watch the Microsoft conference?
I got work tomorrow so doubt I will stay up for this
e3_hype_trainamcao.gif

Might get up if the little guy wakes up around 2am for a bit. Otherwise I will be lol giffing first thing in the morning.

You guys are crazy. I'm just going to spend the first couple of hours at work reading about it.
Some of us have to work work man!

There's nothing really MS could do that I'd be anticipating, other than the new Panzer Dragoon Kinect game, Forza Horizon and maybe more Forza 4 stuff.
That stuff is all a lock though right? Aside from Forza 4 which I assume will be on the 720 since they now have Horizon to fill that IP gap. Turn 10 might be taking a shot at something else now!

That one time they had a live performance of the Halo theme was pretty cool but I can't think of much Microsoft could have that would interest me enough to merit staying up.

Dead Man

I love the rage and fail of the conferences, it makes me feel better about being me. It must be experienced live to get the flavour.

Pandemic

Important question: With Microsoft's conference starting at 2:30AM, Sydney time.... Is it easier to wake up at 2:00-2:15AM, or.. Stay up till 2:30AM...

Cohsae

Important question: With Microsoft's conference starting at 2:30AM, Sydney time.... Is it easier to wake up at 2:00-2:15AM, or.. Stay up till 2:30AM...

Get all the sleep you can. Of course if you don't have to do anything tomorrow and are able to sleep in then go nuts.

Shaneus

Star Control 2? How could anyone be anti-Star Control 2?

As for tonight, I had an early start this morning so if I can get to bed far earlier than normal tonight (like, maybe 8:30ish) I might try and wake up for it. If not, then MS can go fuck themselves. I just find it saves far more time watching it live than reading about it the next day.

IMO, only three things can possibly make staying up worthwhile (and they'd all have to happen, pretty much): Forza Horizon (a lock, basically), Panzer Dragoon Kinect (maybe) and PGR5 (not a hope, I don't think :( ).

I love the rage and fail of the conferences, it makes me feel better about being me. It must be experienced live to get the flavour.
Pretty much this. It might be sad and nerdy and whatever, but there's a kind of thrill that comes with seeing chaos unfurl before your eyes. In that case, fuck it. Watching it live.

Hey reptile, you end up watching that skate vid I posted? Saw Round Three today... fucking insane. Mullen clearly schooling everyone in that vid. Irish dude was fucking hilarious :D

Yagharek

Ive got Wednesday off for Nintendo conference late nights. Tempted to get up tonight for MS conference IFF a steady stream is going to be available.

If someone can point me in the direction of a reliable stream I may go to bed early and get up to watch it live.

Also, I spent this afternoon cataloguing my games and movie collection in preparation for my next house move coming up shortly. My god I have a lot of accumulated things. o_0

Took me about and hour and a half to do so.

Tomorrow night I start on the books, then weed out the gaming magazines I intend to keep. Think I'll only be hanging on to retro gamer issues (all), and landmark issues of edge/gamestm. The rest = recycling unless anyone in Perth wants a huge stack of 5 years worth?

Bonus find: I found a controller for 360 to give away too. Unless someone wants to buy it.
It's one of the street fighter 4 fightpads in the theme of Guile, still in original packing.

If anyone has a quick idea for an E3 Week Competition for AusGAF, let me know and I'll put it up as a prize.

Microsoft has a bunch of stuff I'm keen to see, this rumoured new Alan Wake, Halo 4, Gears, next gem hints. There was something else too but I can't remember. Still no way I'm getting up at 2.30 for it. Or for any of the conferences

Damn you, Omi! Now people are starting to follow me on twitter! :p
I was going to follow you until I saw you have only made one tweet this year!

One Ninty fanboy already made a whingy thread complaining about people saying not 100% positive things about the one this morning and was promptly banned. Still entertaining though!

Wake up early! Even get to bed by 10pm and that 4 hours sleep will be enough along with a cat nap at 4am til 7am.

Hey reptile, you end up watching that skate vid I posted? Saw Round Three today... fucking insane. Mullen clearly schooling everyone in that vid. Irish dude was fucking hilarious :D
I did! About 3 minutes in I had a flashback and remembered it lol. Ended up watching Cheese & Crackers too before bed!

Bonus find: I found a controller for 360 to give away too. Unless someone wants to buy it.
It's one of the street fighter 4 fightpads in the theme of Guile, still in original packing.

If anyone has a quick idea for an E3 Week Competition for AusGAF, let me know and I'll put it up as a prize.
Anyone used one before? They look awesome but I have been burnt on similar pads before.

Microsoft has a bunch of stuff I'm keen to see, this rumoured new Alan Wake, Halo 4, Gears, next gem hints. There was something else too but I can't remember. Still no way I'm getting up at 2.30 for it. Or for any of the conferences
Gears has already been spoiled and Halo 4 has been spilled out the last few weeks. New Alan Wake should end up on PC too this time which is great! Sam Lake has already been teasing so I hope they give us an announcement this week.
EDIT: Just as I say that it appears that Remedy have registered Alan Wake 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom