• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Little Boots, still fucking awesome*. Everyone watch.

*was a year and a bit ago, just noticed. Irrelevant, just that I love that song and her version. And her. *le sigh*

Edit: Wow, surprised you'd seen that vid, rep! I was under the impression (with the extreme lack of info on the internet) that it was very underground and basically rare as hell. Glad someone else I know has seen it and can remember it! I even grasped the opportunity to find out (no mean feat, mind you) another of my favourite tracks from it:
Jamal - Keep It Real (Instrumental) (and the vocal version, not too bad either)

and a similar track that popped into my head just then with a great vocal AND instrumental version:
Souls of Mischief - '93 til Infinity
The instrumental (it beats the shit out of me how something so repetitive, without lyrics, can still be so fucking INCREDIBLE to listen to)

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Got the whole week free. Staying up for the conferences with junk food at the ready. Been on a diet but my Krav Maga classes should help mitigate my descent into unhealthy madness.

Yagharek

For the new page:

Bonus find: I found a controller for 360 to give away too. Unless someone really wants to buy it.
It's one of the street fighter 4 fightpads in the theme of Guile, still in original packing.

If anyone has a quick idea for an E3 Week Competition for AusGAF, let me know and I'll put it up as a prize.

Edit: fuck it. Competition time:

Funniest ORIGINAL E3 Conference gif/photoshop/MS Paint image/sketch from an AusGAF member gets it.
Rules:
1. One entry per person
2. Must be an AusGAF regular
3. Must be entered before wednesday night at midnight WST (2am thursday AEST)
4. Decision is subject entirely to my sense of humour
5. Its the only prize I have to offer, so no tears if its incompatible with your ps3/wii/pc. 360 only.

Deeku

Im sleeping soundly and not worrying about the conferences and getting all the good news when I wake up >.>!
I like this idea!

I'm trying to be as un-hyped as possible so I can concentrate at work. I'll just check in on the news in the morning/lunch or something.

Not enough kimchi shan!!

Gears has already been spoiled and Halo 4 has been spilled out the last few weeks. New Alan Wake should end up on PC too this time which is great! Sam Lake has already been teasing so I hope they give us an announcement this week.
EDIT: Just as I say that it appears that Remedy have registered Alan Wake 2

Yeah the E3 surprise is gone (seems weird Microsoft would do that with Gears and Game Informer) but I'm keen to see what is plays like. Halo too.

I'm resigned to the fact the 360 is winding down now, so any big announcements are unlikely I guess.

If Sony announce something awesome I'm increasingly tempted to get a PS3. I've held out getting one for the past 5 years (mostly because I was a student and then had a job that paid nothing) but now I have money I'm thinking about it, I feel like I'm missing out on a bunch of awesomeness.

Omikron

Um. 4 EULAs to even get into Diablo is a bit excessive.

1 for battle.net account and 3 when you first sign into the game. Amazing.

My PC is still going strong after 4 years. Best platform confirmed.
My 1994 SNES still works (well, it did last year when I used it).

If they had the 3rd party support, no matter how they went about it, why does it matter?
What they did in that time is one of the bigger reasons they're having trouble now.

people are now like WOW BLACK WII U

well the Wii was originally shown in black as well
My memory tells me that the Revolution was shown in black but the name change to Wii also heralded the change in colour to white.

Little Boots, still fucking awesome*. Everyone watch.

*was a year and a bit ago, just noticed. Irrelevant, just that I love that song and her version. And her. *le sigh*

Edit: Wow, surprised you'd seen that vid, rep! I was under the impression (with the extreme lack of info on the internet) that it was very underground and basically rare as hell. Glad someone else I know has seen it and can remember it! I even grasped the opportunity to find out (no mean feat, mind you) another of my favourite tracks from it:
Jamal - Keep It Real (Instrumental) (and the vocal version, not too bad either)

and a similar track that popped into my head just then with a great vocal AND instrumental version:
Souls of Mischief - '93 til Infinity
The instrumental (it beats the shit out of me how something so repetitive, without lyrics, can still be so fucking INCREDIBLE to listen to)

I don't like her voice that much, but her voice reminds me of asian reporter trisha takinawa. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rii8LTPCbE

Shaneus

Ahaha, I fired that up as it appeared in the recommendations on the side. Seriously, from hip-hop to brand-spanker electronic music, YouTube is the best music suggester ever. Blows me away.

Listening to it again, though ;)

Edit: Oh, the *instrumental*. Way better than the original, IMO. It's pretty insane just how many of those early, early hip-hop tracks had this amazing, mellow backing that could be listened to so so easily. Hopefully someone comes out with a list of all the awesome ones to save me all the hard work.

Did you read them all?
The EULAs are the only thing not requiring internet access!

Shaneus

Hay guise:
ODc8s.png

News to me that it'll actually work on the console itself. I bet it doesn't (so I'll get my PC ready too) but watching it on TV could be a bit of a novelty.

Yagharek

Do you need a kinect for forced interactive participation? :p

Maybe everyone could rub the kinectimals tiger at the same time? That'd be cool.

New PIL and Missy Higgins out. Life is good.

Yeah the E3 surprise is gone (seems weird Microsoft would do that with Gears and Game Informer) but I'm keen to see what is plays like. Halo too.
The Gears thread has a lot of details on how it will play, wasn't expecting the Game Informer article to be so in depth. Mustn't be far from release.

Edit: Wow, surprised you'd seen that vid, rep! I was under the impression (with the extreme lack of info on the internet) that it was very underground and basically rare as hell. Glad someone else I know has seen it and can remember it!
One of my best mates has an insane collection of skateboarding/surfing VHS/DVD's. Must have cost him a fortune. We mainly watched street stuff so anything that had Eric Koston in it was in the collection!

Time to go watch Sorry again.

There is nothing fucking crisp about those biscuits. Even when they aren't moist and fresh they instantly go to dry rather than crisp. It skips straight passed crisp. So I don't like them.

Shaneus

Do you need a kinect for forced interactive participation? :p

Maybe everyone could rub the kinectimals tiger at the same time? That'd be cool.
Better than kookas
Clearly, you know nothing. So be quiet :p

FWIW, I have a feeling that we'll be seeing a LOT less Kinect at the MS pres this year. They pushed it last year, but I haven't heard any real whispers of upcoming Kinect titles (short of Dragoon and Steel Battalion) so fingers crossed for gaming (and keeping it real. no cheese kthx).

No shit... PIL? With Lydon?

The Gears thread has a lot of details on how it will play, wasn't expecting the Game Informer article to be so in depth. Mustn't be far from release.
People Can Fly doing Gears is awesome news. For some reason, similar to Platinum doing MGS in that it should hopefully get me into a series I've never found myself enamoured with.

One of my best mates has an insane collection of skateboarding/surfing VHS/DVD's. Must have cost him a fortune. We mainly watched street stuff so anything that had Eric Koston in it was in the collection!

Time to go watch Sorry again.
Fuck, that's awesome. Far from being a skateboarder, but fucking love (most of) the culture and definitely the videos. I assume Sorry is another I need to check out?

PS. Outta here, see you guys (mebbe) in a little under five hours!

Yagharek

If we're doing favourite biscuits, then its Tim Tams by a mile. Specifically the ones with little honeycomb bits in them.

If its non chocolate ones, then the McDonalds biscuits.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I hope tomorrow they announce video games!

Choc

Banned
Choc, if I don't get some Vita love from this subscription I just signed up for I am sending you the bill :D

:)

New missy higgins is an amazing album. I am so pissed i missed her sydney concerts (did they even advertise them?!) they were 2 weeks ago according to her site :(

I hope tomorrow they announce video games!

Microsoft and Sony will not disappoint. This year is games games games it seems.

Omikron

Initial Diablo impressions.

1) It is very much Diablo
2) Input lag isn't super fun
3) Weird teleport lag is less fun again
4) I kinda like the skill system so far

Salazar

Campbell Newman blames Labor for bikie violence.

What a knob.

Also, lol Courier Mail

A shopfront window was shot up, with the pattern resembling a love heart.

What mind-of-a-child gumby thinks that is worth writing.

Also, bureaucrat-speak

“The car was well involved with fire, meaning a good portion of the car was alight,” she said.

Dang, vetoed. No early wake up for me. Enjoy the choo choo guys! Will enjoy the recap at 7am instead.

Hopefully there is something fresh and not motion controlley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom