• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Crawling out from under the stairs to pay homage to those scrumptious choc chip bikkies available only at KMart - Decadence, I think they're called? THE only reason to visit KMart, but oh so worth the trip.

Oh, and Tim Tams. And Venetians.

Missy's new album - only a couple of listens in, but really good. Great to have her back.

Right on cue given E3, after years of faithful service (well, if you turn a blind eye to the drive being unable to read discs for a couple of years now), my 360 just did that angry RRoD thing. It serves mostly as a Media Centre extender these days, but I'm lost without it (gosh, I had to watch the GoT season final on a cruddy laptop). Sales coming up, do you think?

Yagharek

Crawling out from under the stairs to pay homage to those scrumptious choc chip bikkies available only at KMart - Decadence, I think they're called? THE only reason to visit KMart, but oh so worth the trip.

Oh, and Tim Tams. And Venetians.

Missy's new album - only a couple of listens in, but really good. Great to have her back.

Right on cue given E3, after years of faithful service (well, if you turn a blind eye to the drive being unable to read discs for a couple of years now), my 360 just did that angry RRoD thing. It serves mostly as a Media Centre extender these days, but I'm lost without it (gosh, I had to watch the GoT season final on a cruddy laptop). Sales coming up, do you think?

Wait til after E3 for sure. Or June 30 if you can hold on.

Danoss

Those still exist? I thought they disappeared along with the Australia's Choice brand. Well, looks like it's time to visit KMart again.

You have to wonder whether the seats are the things that are changing as the article seems to imply... Its not the size of seats that bothers me, but the distance between the rows. It gets pretty tight.

Won't be so hip when it all falls apart, in the washing.

lol, nice one.
I saw them in concert in grade nine. I'm so sorry.

Salazar

You have to wonder whether the seats are the things that are changing as the article seems to imply... Its not the size of seats that bothers me, but the distance between the rows. It gets pretty tight

Yeah, getting your legs crushed when the person in front leans their seat back is intensely depressing every time.

Veronica Mars S2 still pretty damn watchable.

Yeah, getting your legs crushed when the person in front leans their seat back is intensely depressing every time.

Veronica Mars S2 still pretty damn watchable.

Or trying to eat the dinner they bring you without elbowing the guy next to you.

Is it because Kristen Bell is pretty damn cute?

hamchan

I'm liking Veronica Mars season 2 too. I might take a break after this season though because every line Veronica says is sarcastic and I think I'm getting a bit sick of it.

Bernbaum

tUDfO.jpg

Make shift bibimbap - success!

MARRY ME.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So that was kind of whelming from MS. Why do I do this to myself?

I thought it was fine given that we are at the end of a generation. I wasn't expecting any exclusives that would blow me away.

It was solid in what they needed to show. The tablet interaction was actually cool but nothing ground breaking. Typical games were shown and demoed.

I'm not expecting anything shocking from either of the conferences. We all know what Nintendos will be about, so unless they have some gangbuster 3rd party showings, it's just N titles.

Sony will be the same. Typical franchises that we know, they might push move a little bit, could change up the UI and of course the PSN Plus rumours. Then there's vita, again typical titles.

Next year will be the really interesting one.

Shaneus

Yeah, I'm not sure why people were expecting anything to be mindblowing. To be honest though, I was legitimately surprised with the IE and tablet-as-a-trackpad thing. The tablet thing (and having it come on pretty much all phone/tablet platforms) deals a bit of a blow to Nintendo, too. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

I watched a bit of the EA one just then via stream accidentally. The premium service feature (for $50 trololol) flipped the impression worm from surprisingly positive to overwhelmingly negative. Not surprised, though.

Peter Moore should go back to MS :(

The big difference is that one is central to the system design whereas the other is an afterthought. Sixaxis didn't take attention away from the Wiimote after all.

Honestly though, I was expecting a Nextbox teaser.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people were expecting anything to be mindblowing. To be honest though, I was legitimately surprised with the IE and tablet-as-a-trackpad thing. The tablet thing (and having it come on pretty much all phone/tablet platforms) deals a bit of a blow to Nintendo, too. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

I watched a bit of the EA one just then via stream accidentally. The premium service feature (for $50 trololol) flipped the impression worm from surprisingly positive to overwhelmingly negative. Not surprised, though.

Peter Moore should go back to MS :(
what else was announced other than smart glass? That's is pretty genius too. Get some Wii U or ps3-vita connectivity but with devices you already own? Pretty sneaky Microsoft. And if it fails, nothing lost because you didn't have to buy a new handheld/console.

Oh new splinter cell? That's fairly rad.

Shaneus

First gameplay of Halo 4, Forza Horizon, IE...
The big difference is that one is central to the system design whereas the other is an afterthought. Sixaxis didn't take attention away from the Wiimote after all.

Honestly though, I was expecting a Nextbox teaser.
True on the first part. Doubtful on the second, I knew that they'd be pushing the 360 this year... still a bit to milk out of the ol' girl yet.

But man, my body clock is fucked up. Sleep at 9:50ish, wake up at 2:20, back to sleep at around 4:30, wake up at 6:30. 6.5-7 hours sleep? Not bad.

Gazzawa

Microsoft presso was alright. Usher provided me ample time to make a cup of tea. No milk no sugar the way God intended it to be. Looking forward to Halo 4 and not much else.

Bernbaum

Prediction: Ubisoft's event will be the same stomach churning cringe-fest that it always is but this time it will include Dubstep.

Jintor

Awake and catching up. Halo-ass Halo and some more fucked up Splinter Cell so far. And shitty EA Sports and Fable the Journey. And a new GoW? Whateverrrrrrrrr. Glad I didn't stay up.

Ubisoft in half an hour, let's see if it's fucked up or not.

Choc

Banned
HARDCOOOOOOOOOOOORE GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEERSSSSSSSS

ARE YOU READY FOR THE BOMBS

55 mins to go

also

Watch Dogs from Ubisoft looks awesome

HOLY SHIT
Things i learnt:
shit talking ms in mumble is fun (everyone just giggled for 90 minutes)
ea make still make sports games
crumb and orbi sound like mega
AND UBI SOFT WON E3!!!!!!!!!!!!

midonnay

best part about microsoft's conference was when the south park guys took the piss out of microsoft glass which brought gaf down for like 10 minutes :/

and Vince probably should steer away if he wants to avoid prometheus rage.

HARDCOOOOOOOOOOOORE GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEERSSSSSSSS

ARE YOU READY FOR THE BOMBS

55 mins to go

also

Watch Dogs from Ubisoft looks awesome

http://i.imgur.com/XR17k.jpg

Sony's last stand :p

so in FIFA 13 you can yell at the ref via kinect and get booked for dissent

GAME OF THE FUCKING MILLENIUM

Calling audibles in Madden does sounds pretty rad.
I was just hanging out with Simon Crean. It was windy and cold and he said next to nothing and wouldn't talk about their rubbish polls.

Edit: Woah at that PS4. 20GB RAM? Am I reading that right? I'm calling bullshit if so.

Choc

Banned
Calling audibles in Madden does sounds pretty rad.
I was just hanging out with Simon Crean. It was windy and cold and he said next to nothing and wouldn't talk about their rubbish polls.

must have watched the MS press conference

heyooooooooooooooooooo

ok its go time, might try be back later after the bombs are dropped :)

Deeku

Remember Choc, if I don't get any Vita goodness for my PSN+ subscription, I am holding you accountable ;)
I stupidly bought 90 day sub as well, but I think we got tricked! lol

Quiet-ish morning so far at work, might be able to stick around for a bit of Sony. Is there a text liveblog somewhere? Or maybe I'll just refresh gaming for announcement threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom