• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been using the gs3 for the last week and have to say it's constantly impressing me, always fast, long battery (gotten a day and quarter with heavy use!!).. So good! Camera is fucking fast too, just too bad some games aren't compatible because they are tegra only but from what I've played their control like shite anyway..

Also, If anyone has any questions let me know if can try answer them about the gs3

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I was actually mistaken there. I assumed it was talking about custom soundtrack, but it's actually custom *in game* soundtrack. I do love what's in the game, but man... I wasted 2 hours knocking up the perfect "zombie smashing at high school" compilation. The Not Another Teen Movie OST featured prominently, as did White Zombie, Ministry and Soundgarden. Guess I'll have to use it to ruin the mood completely in the first Alan Wake ;)

New 'rama in less than a week. I think.

Where be it? Same/similar area as before?

Yeh haven't locked down a venue yet. but likely same area so its near trains, and def in the cbd

Rezbit

You could always go to Cho Gao, they used to have $12 jugs of pretty ordinary tasting Kiwi beer when I was there. May have changed though so don't hold me to it!

Choc

Banned
IMG_0743-1024x764.jpg

Shaneus

i have that game, its worth $29

edit: Jint i told you DW has an obsession with tokyo jungle now ;)
Need a Vita, though :/ Portable F1 would be pretty sweet, but the Vita hasn't price bombed enough yet. Yup, even for Wipeout and Lumines (and the other few I might be interested in).

Hey, GAF. Gotta ask. Anyone know of any games similar to Every Extend Extra on iOS? Or even PC (other than the original Every Extend)? I have been hanging to play something like that for ages, but... well... I can't find anything like it :(

Clipper

New arrival in the post today:
photo-97.jpg

This will be my last set for a while, given my avenues for buying LEGO from the States are virtually dead, so I will savour it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
August 18 for New Super Mario Bros. 2. I hope they announce a digital price soon.

HolyCheck

Why do taxis take bookings if they never show up on time.

Standing at bacchus marsh train station, taxi shoulda been here 15mins ago. I call and say there's still a few jobs before me. Wtf.

Choc

Banned
have you guys seen Aisha Taylors facebook rant

wow

edit: Shaneus, EatChildren. I plan to if i have time write an import guide for Tokyo Jungle tonight and post it here.
and if you're nice, i might lend you my copy to try it out

hopefully that will give you guys an indication as to whether you want to import or not. My odds are yes, and i am HTH wherever i can if you do so.

have you guys seen Aisha Tylers facebook rant

wow

I hate the gaming industry because of how they treated her. She has been a gamer since forever and people would know that if they spent 5 seconds researching her. She's fucking awesome. See her girlonguy podcast where she talks with CliffyB about GeoW3

Fredescu

have you guys seen Aisha Taylors facebook rant

wow
I liked the rant, but the subsequent GAF thread showed that it didn't really deserve the callout. Most of the comments during the Ubisoft conference were positive. I was surprised actually, I expected all sorts of misogyny.

Choc

Banned
“I play.

I’ve played since I was a little kid.

Since I begged my dad to buy me a Nintendo LCD Donkey Kong, Jr.

Since I blew through three weeks’ allowance playing Defender at the laundromat.

Since you were a twinge in the left side of your daddy’s underoos.

I’ve been a gamer since I made friends with a girl in the 5th grade just to get at her Atari.

Since I missed the bus playing Galaga after school.

Since I missed the start of Return of the Jedi playing Tempest in the theater lobby.

You think you know. You don’t know.

I’ve been a gamer since before you could read.

Since I aced midterms after staying up all night playing Evil Tetris.

Since I became dorm champ at Leisure Suit Larry.

Since I double-wielded on Time Crisis 3 at Fuddrucker’s.

I was a voice in not one, but two major video game titles.

I hosted the Reach Beta tutorial.

I was a Gears of War superfan panelist at ComicCon.

I hosted the Ubisoft presser at E3 2012.

I didn’t do any of it for the money.

For most I got paid next to nothing, and for some, less than that.

I did it because I love video games.

Because I’ve dreamt since I was a kid of being in one of the games I love.

How many games have you done voices for?

How many cons have you repped at?

Your buddy’s Unreal Tournament garage deathmatch doesn’t count.

I go to E3 each year because I love video games.

Because new titles still get me high.

Because I still love getting swag.

Love wearing my gamer pride on my sleeve.

People ask me what console I play.

Motherfucker, ALL of them.

I get invited to E3 because real gamers know I’m a gamer.

I don’t do it for the money.

I have plenty of money.

I don’t do it for the fame.

Fuck fame.

I do it because I love video games.

I don’t give out my gamertag because I don’t want a mess of noob jackholes lining up

to assassinate me on XBL.

I don’t give a shit what you think about my gamerscore.

I don’t play to prove a point.

I don’t play to be the best.

I play because I love it.

I play.

I’ve been playing my whole life.

I’m not ashamed of it.

I don’t apologize for it.

It’s who I am.

To the core.

I’m a gamer.

So to all the haters out there who claim I don’t play;

To the GAF dicks,

Gamespot trolls,

To every illiterate racist douchebag on Youtube:

Flame away. Go nuts.

Post every jackass comment your heart desires.

I’ll still be playing when your mom’s kicked you out of her basement

and you have to sell your old-ass console

and get a real job.

For now, I say to you respectfully,

and I mean this from the bottom of my heart,

GFYS.”

Choc

Banned
this doesn't sound exactly good Fred

"However, Queensland has a debt greater than New South Wales and Victoria combined, with less than a third of their income flow to service it. This is shaping as a problem for the federation, yet not a voice is raised."

Fuck this job, fuck this company and fuck this town. I'm taking my ball and getting the fuck out. Shit is ridiculousness. Now the fiancee wants to move house a few days after our wedding. That sounds like it would be great for stress levels! Imma go home and grab a bottle of scotch and play some more Kinect Sports.

I liked the rant, but the subsequent GAF thread showed that it didn't really deserve the callout. Most of the comments during the Ubisoft conference were positive. I was surprised actually, I expected all sorts of misogyny.

Same here, I remember the thread thinking she did a good job and was a godsend compared to that Mr Caffeine bullshit from last year. Most people knew she had done stuff with games media and voice over before and the others were instructed she was awesome in Friends and Archer. It has become cool to call out GAF though for some reason.

midonnay

*google queensland debt*

fuck 85 billion.....thought WA's was bad (after going from 3 to 20 billion in a couple of years)

ps: to the gaf dicks XD

What's the context of the 'I'm a gamer' rant? Because it comes off as incredibly awkward and 'hey I'm a bigger gamer than yoooou', for someone like me who has no idea what's going on.

Salazar

Fuck this job, fuck this company and fuck this town. I'm taking my ball and getting the fuck out. Shit is ridiculousness. Now the fiancee wants to move house a few days after our wedding. That sounds like it would be great for stress levels! Imma go home and grab a bottle of scotch and play some more Kinect Sports.

Grab the new Lambchop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzys1ynnLn8&feature=share

Kurt is some kind of genius.

Clipper

ausgaf demands in progress pics :)

OK, I'll give it a go. I might not be starting this one until next week, though. Then again, it'll be hard to resist over the weekend, provided I can rebuild my U400 crane first as it's currently in Snow Plough mode with a bunch of the leftover spare parts taking up space on my building table, with at least one group of said parts scattered over the floor already due to an errant sweep of a piece of paper :/.

HolyCheck

I'm at bacchuss marsh train station, can some one check when the next train to melb is?? Ticket man said its at 6:04pm.. But that seems so far away :(

I had a similar day. I'm surrounded by morons.

this doesn't sound exactly good Fred

"However, Queensland has a debt greater than New South Wales and Victoria combined, with less than a third of their income flow to service it. This is shaping as a problem for the federation, yet not a voice is raised."

With the way NSW is governed you know you fucked up when you're doing much worse than we are.

HolyCheck

First time I read it I thought that the killer sent the deceased's girlfriend the smiley face text. I was wondering how he could be pleading not-guilty. How it really happened is a little less creepy. Either way it's sloppy or manipulative writing.

I stopped reading after the killer sending the smileyface. Story was awesome there.

midonnay

nah, WA libs's fault..... they had a surprise win in the election a few years back with a hung parliament and the National Party squeezing on the state testicles.

so 25 percent of mining royalties are used to keep them happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom