• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

If you've played any uncharted, you have played them all. Story is ok, sometimes good but other times terrible. Gameplay is a HD asset tour via incessant cutscenes and autopilot platforming.

senahorse

Well as someone who has played them all I would put Golden Abyss just behind Uncharted 2 (which I thought was really good) and ahead of Uncharted 3 (which was OK). Golden Abyss certainly has some issues (e.g. tacked on motion controls) but it's far from being a bad game.

Choc

Banned
jintor upon completion of yakuza i will send it to you. It's a really crazy, but good game. Good if you like Yakuza. Has everything awesome about Yakuza, with L4D sidelines (the zombie section seems somewhat optional in some ways!, although main story follows it)

after which it will be on community pile

jambo hope you like :) remember to post impressions in here please (so i can justify expense)

Danoss

If you only need to print black and white, you're better off getting a laser printer. Once you own one, the bang for your buck on toner is much, much better.

Choc

Banned
Roosters tell me why its a bad printer. I mostly need it for black and white and not stupid expensive ink.

in a world where we crap on about climate change and waste, the fact that printers are cheaper than its ink

IS RIDICULOUS

and somehow they get away with it

Fredescu

Last day buzz got to me and I put $110 in for DF, despite the fact that I don't like adventure games. I do like T Shirts and posters and documentaries and nice big videogame boxes. It's pretty much Rahk's fault. That's what I told my wife anyway.

Choc

Banned
Last day buzz got to me and I put $110 in for DF, despite the fact that I don't like adventure games. I do like T Shirts and posters and documentaries and nice big videogame boxes. It's pretty much Rahk's fault. That's what I told my wife anyway.

"who's Rahk"

Choc

Banned
Sigh.

What is it with Americans in favour of "guns for all!" thinking that they solve problems?

That thread has nothing to do with what you said at all?

would you like some scary facts vince

on ABC news the other day they had these stats

44% of US Homes had a gun prior to GFC

it is now 47%

almost 1 in 2 homes HAS A FUCKING GUN

....and the murder rate so high.
Cherry-picking the stats, New York has virtually the same murder rate that the Northern Territory does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_homicide_rate

Wondering if i should buy lunch tomorrow. Get a pizza or something else from the servo instead of bringing in my sandwich since it's leave home at 6:15am stocktake day.
There's got to be something good nearby! Whereabouts do you work?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Wondering if i should buy lunch tomorrow. Get a pizza or something else from the servo instead of bringing in my sandwich since it's leave home at 6:15am stocktake day.

These are the hard decisions I attempt to make in life.

Hey guys wanna know what's hugely embarrassing, but an awesome story? Getting happy birthday sung at you, in public (ie: at a cafe that overlooks the road and general public) by attractive staff members. Wasn't bad but holy shit my cheeks felt red.

Jintor

jintor upon completion of yakuza i will send it to you. It's a really crazy, but good game. Good if you like Yakuza. Has everything awesome about Yakuza, with L4D sidelines (the zombie section seems somewhat optional in some ways!, although main story follows it)

Actually if you have a mainline Yakuza game on hand I'd rather play that first. But don't bother sending me games right now, I've got a backlog the size of Jupiter (though mostly PC stuff)

Deeku

Speaking of pizza, I had pizza for lunch today. A roast potato and garlic pizza!

Really bad decision though because now my mouths stinks. Brushed my teeth twice already and I still have garlicy breath D:

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hey guys wanna know what's hugely embarrassing, but an awesome story? Getting happy birthday sung at you, in public (ie: at a cafe that overlooks the road and general public) by attractive staff members. Wasn't bad but holy shit my cheeks felt red.

You're such a birthday whore. Mine went unannounced cause i'm old and cranky.

Jezabel

Just got the Full time job i had an interview for last week! so fucking psyched.

Ill be working at Dan Murphys so give me a few months and ill answer all your liquor questions ;) (and give any local Gaffers discounts)

time for a beer! and to start saving for Europe!

Just got the Full time job i had an interview for last week! so fucking psyched.

Ill be working at Dan Murphys so give me a few months and ill answer all your liquor questions ;) (and give any local Gaffers discounts)

time for a beer! and to start saving for Europe!
Where is local?

Cherry-picking the stats, New York has virtually the same murder rate that the Northern Territory does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_homicide_rate

There's got to be something good nearby! Whereabouts do you work?

But the NT has by far the highest in Australia and NY sits squat in the middle of American states. That said the historic rates in NT are up there with the 4-6 range in US states.

But still, there are vastly higher rates in America than here.

I have no problem with guns, but Australia's stringent laws are hugely better than America's. Best thing Howard ever did

Choc

Banned
Tony and Julia get torn a new one by Fairfax

http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-politics-of-treason-20120313-1uxi8.html

edit: woah, this could HUGE ramifications

An ABC radio presenter has been taken off the air after it was revealed she was the voice behind a controversial anti gay marriage television commercial produced for Katter's Australian Party.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...g-katter-ad-20120313-1uxji.html#ixzz1oxviKKaQ

If you're a voice actor, seems like its time to choose your parts. Can't see fairwork agreeing with this one.

But the NT has by far the highest in Australia and NY sits squat in the middle of American states. That said the historic rates in NT are up there with the 4-6 range in US states.

But still, there are vastly higher rates in America than here.

I have no problem with guns, but Australia's stringent laws are hugely better than America's. Best thing Howard ever did
Could explain the lack of NTgaf

Choc

Banned
fuck man fairfax is in apple overdrive

articles today about

-no delay to ipad
-25 best ipad apps
-siri vs the world

seriously

Speaking of pizza, I had pizza for lunch today. A roast potato and garlic pizza!

Really bad decision though because now my mouths stinks. Brushed my teeth twice already and I still have garlicy breath D:

Has anyone ever tried making the cauliflower pizza? I read about it in GAF's fitness thread, I think I'm going to give it a try tomorrow night.

Recipe here.

Jintor

I'd be happy just with figuring out what's an easy breakfast to make that isn't just boiled eggs. ATM I'm just flinging some wheatbix into a bowl, half a spoonful of honey, and milk if I don't have time to cook and omelette or something.

I'd also like to find out what to eat for lunch that doesn't involve me cooking it since I don't control my kitchen supplies at present.

You know what really annoys me? Self-diagnosed celiacs who preach or subtly imply that wheat is some kind of horrific poison that will kill us all.

How on Earth did a crippling digestive disorder become trendy?

Stackboy

I'd be happy just with figuring out what's an easy breakfast to make that isn't just boiled eggs. ATM I'm just flinging some wheatbix into a bowl, half a spoonful of honey, and milk if I don't have time to cook and omelette or something.

I'd also like to find out what to eat for lunch that doesn't involve me cooking it since I don't control my kitchen supplies at present.

Fruit and yoghurt is your friend at breakfast time. I usually have grapes.

I eat out every day for lunch, just to break up the day. Can't help you there.

Small bowl of oats with a protein shake for breakfast (use the protein shake in the cereal bowl), the protein will keep you full for longer.

For lunch: Canned Tuna or salmon with salad... Or I sometimes try and make a little extra for dinner that can be used in the next days lunch (if you generally have a healthy dinner). So Thai beef salad, chicken breast with veg etc. Or eating a 250g tub of light cottage cheese is sometimes a substitute for lunch if I'm on the run. :)

You know what really annoys me? Self-diagnosed celiacs who preach or subtly imply that wheat is some kind of horrific poison that will kill us all.

How on Earth did a crippling digestive disorder become trendy?

Hahaha.

I did get tested for this a few weeks ago, hope it doesn't turn out to be positive. My mother is a (diagnosed) celiac.

All the best foods have gluten.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom