• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxum

So far I've gotten Dark souls to work with the mod, still no controller working, the graphics thing was the AA setting, turned it off, no problems. Do not think I can play this with a kb+m combo though. Drivers are up to date, tried un-installing and such anyway. No go.

Uq elections opened today. I don't know anyone who didn't donkey vote (vote #1 shanshan310), except for an international student who didn't know what went on. Ballet papers are hilarious. Don't even feature independants: you can vote fresh or "pulse"(also fresh). Under the name is the list of president etc, and pulses just said "noone has been nominated" under every title. What a joke. I doubt the rally will change much, but I might go anyway.
Impossible. Spaghetti everywhere or staying quiet are the only two options
Option three: liquid courage.

They weren,'t voting for Newman.....they were voting for not-labor
Pretty much. It still saddens me that the Queensland Labor government got turfed so damn hard. Like worse than the NSW one even though they remained a functioning government. Unlike the NSW Labor Government that I think even they would have to admit was one of the biggest messes in the country.

Uq elections opened today. I don't know anyone who didn't donkey vote (vote #1 shanshan310), except for an international student who didn't know what went on. Ballet papers are hilarious. Don't even feature independants: you can vote fresh or "pulse"(also fresh). Under the name is the list of president etc, and pulses just said "noone has been nominated" under every title. What a joke. I doubt the rally will change much, but I might go anyway.

Something has to happen. It's got out of hand and it's damaging the uni's reputation. Which sucks because it's an awesome uni.

Every time I see a yellow shirt I hype myself up that I'll say something snide and witty, but then they hand me another pamphlet and I take it and say thanks :(
Something has to happen. It's got out of hand and it's damaging the uni's reputation. Which sucks because it's an awesome uni.
It seems like they just want to wait it out until it blows over =/
Hey Shan, have you been to Sono, either one, if so, thoughts?
I haven't, actually. I've heard its great though.

Yagharek

Wait. Are the uq elections compulsory? I'd tell them to all gagf

Bunch of money wasting pigs at the trough the lot of them. They should all be banned from public office

Oh God, 4 corners. Trying to link diet to autism.

oh man, I meant to watch that! Diet of... the parents or what? I'm no science-guy, but from anecdotal evidence I'd take a stab and say its at least partly genetic, probably on the X chromosome....?

QandA is really fluctuating in quality. Tonight was good, save for Germaine Greer's yelling the same things over and over (I suppose she had her moments though). Lots of interesting questions and a generally great panel. BUT. PLEASE. stop bringing up that turd of a book 50 shades. Every. Week. Without fail. There is nothing to discuss. It is a fad. It's not repressing women, its not freeing women to talk about sex in public, its twilight take 2. If any of the staff had actually attempted to read it, I guarantee it would not be on the show.

You guys know that bit in Heathers, where she's at the college party and some dude comes up and asks her what her major is, and when she responds that she's in high school, he then asks "So, when you get to college, what do you think your major will be?". I think I've become that guy. I have no idea what to ask high school kids to gauge commonality.

Q and A has been shit for over a year. It's self absorbed wank

For the most part yes, but there have been a couple of gems when the politicians aren't on.

Jintor

GFWL's response was to push me off to Steam support. Steam support's response was to run through a bunch of unrelated HKEY, DirectX and GFWL client install diagnostics (fair enough for the last one) and then push me off to Namco support. Heaven knows what Namco support will do, but they're probably going to push me off to GFWL support.

r1chard

You guys know that bit in Heathers, where she's at the college party and some dude comes up and asks her what her major is, and when she responds that she's in high school, he then asks "So, when you get to college, what do you think your major will be?". I think I've become that guy. I have no idea what to ask high school kids to gauge commonality.
There is always hope if you can say "you know that bit in Heathers?" :)

Clipper

SydGAF, is there any interest in setting up board gaming for this weekend? Rahk and I need to meet up sometime this week so I can give him his 3DS XL, so gaming is a distinct possibility. New members are very welcome, as we are sort of low on potential attendees.

For those unfamiliar, this would likely involve games like Game of Thrones: Second Edition, the Uncharted Board Game, Discworld: Ankh Morpork and/or Munchkin. We nominally start at 10am and go to whenever everybody needs to leave, which is about 4pm usually, breaking for lunch in the middle. Venue is my place in Randwick, although we're open for other suggestions if somebody knows somewhere else that's available and more central.

Welcome to my world five years ago.

It gets worse. My wife and I have taken to listening to 4MBS Classics FM in the car because:

1) The B105 morning crew are offensively annoying. Labrat can die in a fire.
2) The Nova crew have become waaaaaay too blokey now that Meshel Laurie is gone
3) Triple M is for old people subsisting on nostalgia for the good old days when they were cool
4) Mrs Squirrel refuses to listen to Triple J and I've become so disconnected with today's music scene that it's all beginning to sound the same to me

Are emo kids even a thing anymore? Late 90s and early 00s music was pretty forgettable, but I at least knew what it was. I've become that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom