• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

I think I got mid 90s, but its been 14 years now so who knows. ITER means nothing once you're in your next course though.

Also, NIGHTS HD!!!!!

senahorse

I can't believe you guys are making me feel old. I'm only 23!

lol

Back when I was in high school there were TE scores, which was before OP and whatever it is now. But I didn't even get one of those as I didn't finish High School and instead partied for a few years, which still didn't stop me getting into IT and Biotechnology at uni anyway so it was all moot.

Free postage from TheHut at the moment, until 10/07 I think.

My exam wrecking media was Fallout 3, that game unbelievably arrived two days prior to my first exam. I should make an RTTP thread about it or something, what a game :D
Oblivion with Guns?
The game that I bought day one and was so buggy I ended up with insta-game crashes while on that city on a boat every time I tried to open a door and was stupid enough to only have save files in the boat after 10 hours of trucking around on it? And then went and bought the GOTY edition day one hoping it would work better?

I enjoyed Point Lookout though! Was a shining light of narrative fiction. Didn't think much of the rest of the game though. It was a good time sink but I don't look back on it and remember any peaks of human emotion (aside from raging when it crashed).

Really enjoying New Vegas, which I had put off buying due to not enjoying Fallout 3. Means a cheap ride for me but I do wish I played it earlier.

Also, NIGHTS HD!!!!!
Even as a huge SEGA fanboy I never thought much of Nights. It was okay.

Fallout new Vegas was insanely good (if buggy). I would love another over more Elder Scrolls.

I got a TE score back in the days before OP. 660. That wasn't enough to get into uni to sweep the floor.

Free postage from TheHut at the moment, until 10/07 I think.

Oblivion with Guns?
The game that I bought day one and was so buggy I ended up with insta-game crashes while on that city on a boat every time I tried to open a door and was stupid enough to only have save files in the boat after 10 hours of trucking around on it? And then went and bought the GOTY edition day one hoping it would work better?

I enjoyed Point Lookout though! Was a shining light of narrative fiction. Didn't think much of the rest of the game though. It was a good time sink but I don't look back on it and remember any peaks of human emotion (aside from raging when it crashed).

Really enjoying New Vegas, which I had put off buying due to not enjoying Fallout 3. Means a cheap ride for me but I do wish I played it earlier.

I really enjoyed F3 (it wasn't that buggy for me. In fact I can't remember any major bugs) but NV seemed more like a real Fallout sequel to me. The setting, the humour, the existent plot. Definitely one of my favourite games of the gen.

I'm way late to this one, but I finally picked up Alan Wake the other day. Holy shit. Why didn't I not get this when it came out? It awesome. I am personally blaming myself for their not being an AW2 seeing I didn't get it at launch.

Why would anyone want to drink XXXX?
Ugh.
The fuck is this?
The local beer! Gotta support the poor locals during their hard times with Mr Campbell!

Also it tastes okay, better than VB but would probably have a Carlton Draught over it. You get what you pay for!

I'm way late to this one, but I finally picked up Alan Wake the other day. Holy shit. Why didn't I not get this when it came out? It awesome. I am personally blaming myself for their not being an AW2 seeing I didn't get it at launch.

It has a lot of issues for me but the art and general plot is pretty amazing. Too bad the combat sucks and the story delivery is all over the place. Plus that fucking terrible lip sync animation. Looks and plays great on PC! Combat is bearable with mouse control and the FOV becomes less insulting since you can pull it way back on the PC version. I couldn't even get through the second Chapter of the 360 version >_<

The local beer! Gotta support the poor locals during their hard times with Mr Campbell!

Also it tastes okay, better than VB but would probably have a Carlton Draught over it. You get what you pay for!

It has a lot of issues for me but the art and general plot is pretty amazing. Too bad the combat sucks and the story delivery is all over the place. Plus that fucking terrible lip sync animation. Looks and plays great on PC! Combat is bearable with mouse control and the FOV becomes less insulting since you can pull it way back on the PC version. I couldn't even get through the second Chapter of the 360 version >_<

If I'm just looking for a midstrength beer I don't mind the occasional Gold. XXXX Bitter is fairly rank though. Once upon a time I drank it all the time. I'm pretty glad I don't anymore. VB is of a par of horribleness though.

Yeah the lip syncing is horrible. I haven't hated the combat so far. It seems like an Assassin's Creed 1 type game. A bunch of good ideas that could equal a fuck off awesome sequel. What's the XBLA game like?

If I'm just looking for a midstrength beer I don't mind the occasional Gold. XXXX Bitter is fairly rank though. Once upon a time I drank it all the time. I'm pretty glad I don't anymore. VB is of a par of horribleness though.

Yeah the lip syncing is horrible. I haven't hated the combat so far. It seems like an Assassin's Creed 1 type game. A bunch of good ideas that could equal a fuck off awesome sequel. What's the XBLA game like?

Yeah I can't remember the last time I had a XXXX bitter, usually just drink the midstrength that my Dad grabs for cheap every now and then.

Combat gets insanely repetitive.
SHINE LIGHT, PING!, SHOOT LUMBERING F-WIT IN THE HEAD 2-5 TIMES, REPEATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. Maybe drop a flare if things get oppressive.
Also no real variety in enemies or weapons. It is a long game (like 12 hours?) so it gets grating. Thankfully the story gets better as you go along and some of the environments are really well developed, reminds me of how some stuff in The Witcher 2 came out (like the house on the cliff area in the superior Roche route).

American Nightmare is a lot more focused on fun gunplay with some really cool enemies to go up against and a way bigger selection of weapons that actually make it enjoyable. Story is pretty awesome too, feels a lot more like a Max Payne style story. Lake did a great job with AN.

ffffffffffffffffffffffff Don't know what to grab for lunch! Have a vehicle I can use to go get whatever I want too!

I still haven't played new vegas. I heard it was mega buggy. Though if those steam sales ARE real....

Ended up buying it on PC during the Steam sale over Christmas when our good friend Wilflare hooked me up with a US copy, I think it cost me $12.50 with all the DLC?

Never ended up installing it and grabbed a 360 GOTY copy from TheHut for $14 a month ago lol
Works fine on 360! No glitches after the first 20 hours of gameplay so far. *tapes wooden pencil to hand*

Aon

MEGATON INCOMING;

"11:45 Choc im ok today
11:45 Choc im sorry for goign nuts yesterday"

Never thought it would happen.

Also mods, he's a cool guy and you should like unban him from Ausgaf but perma him from the rest xD

I'm probably gonna have to give myself a limit of money to buy games this sale. People should mention multiplayer sales so we can all play together. Because that's fun

Aon

I think I decided like 60 dollars for the daily deals then also buy one of the big publisher packs or something if there's a cool one?

Can't think of one I wouldn't already own most of though.

jambo

MEGATON INCOMING;

"11:45 Choc im ok today
11:45 Choc im sorry for goign nuts yesterday"

Never thought it would happen.

Also mods, he's a cool guy and you should like unban him from Ausgaf but perma him from the rest xD

[11:26:19] <Choc> i guess i just got a mod on pms

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I didn't realise that Sega going 'digital' would mean it just realised its entire back catalouge.

Choc got banned? How will I get my PS3 now?

trinest

I know this was the conversation from the last page but my score thing for the Uni stuff with the HSC when I did it years ago was like 35-45 can't remember specifically, but yeah its low.

And Vook, I highly doubt SEGA will release all their games at once in some magical moment. Not even Nintendo has done that.

Yagharek

Pun intended?

Also smh at that twitter. Oh dear...

I thought it was brilliant.

Anyway, the higgs was originally nicknamed the goddamn particle due to its difficulty to find. Then the media ruined it by editing then using the popular moniker.

But still, at least we know its real.

Jintor

Man...

tumblr_m6pb52KgGk1rwm7mjo1_400.gif

That's so awesome Jint. I wish I had don't something like that (thought if it was 1992 I probably couldn't have said very much).

Does anyone know if coles/wollies sells kimchi? I know its a long shot, but I'm dying for some and I don't wanna have to trek into the city..

Aon

That's so awesome Jint. I wish I had don't something like that (thought if it was 1992 I probably couldn't have said very much).

Does anyone know if coles/wollies sells kimchi? I know its a long shot, but I'm dying for some and I don't wanna have to trek into the city..

Too late now, but Choc says yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom